The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2006, 10:54 PM   #1626
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Just got my hands on a great CD -

Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #1627
njbroncosfan
Just Drafted

Let's Face It - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
njbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #1628
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Greatest ska: Five Iron Frenzy
Old 04-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #1629
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default Oh no! Not more jazz!

Jazzheads:
Live at the Greek - Stanley Clarke
Images - Gonzalo Rubalcaba
The Bass and I - Ron Carter
The Prisoner - Herbie Hancock

Old Stuff:
Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli -The quintet of the hot club of france 1953
Study in Brown - Clifford Brown 1955
A night at Birdland - Art Blakey quintet 1954

Joshua Redmon is awesome!

I got a buddy whose a D.J. whose turning me on to a lot of house and trance. I like it but I don't have a clue who I am listening to.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #1630
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default Great minds think alike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
i got some djengo reinhardt
Django Reinhardt - The Classic Early Recordings in Chronological Order - It's a five CD set - I have not even cracked the seal yet. That guy is incredible guitar player. I am listening to some of his other stuff first.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #1631
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

NoFX, "Jesusland"

We call the heartland not very smartland, IQ's are very low but threat levels are high
They got mandate, they don't want man-dates, they got so many hates and people to despise

In the dust bowl, cerebral black hole, the average weight is well over 200 pounds
I hate to generalize, but have you seen the thighs? most haven't seen their genitalia in a while

Maybe that's why they're so pissed at us
They're all jealous we're having better sex

All Queers, transgends, and lesbians, vegans and vegetarians
All you brownish red and yellow ones come out and join us on the coast

No longer svelte, they got to punch new holes in the Bible belt
They've blown out the fire under the melting pot, the red blood of America is starting to clot
No compromise, no sight thru others' eyes, they're just flies spreading pieces of ****
You gotta emigrate, stop living in hate, what makes this country great is dwelling on either side

They don't want visitors in Jesusland
They want life stale and bland in the promiseland

We want people with college degrees, drug use experience and STD's
People with open-minded philosophies, come hug California trees
Cultural revolution now, lets run neo-conservatives outta town
We're gonna burn the GOP down,
And then we're off to Florida, the whole south and Texas too, then we're comin' after you

The fear stricken, born again Christian, they got a vision a homogenized state
Bibles, and prayer books, They want them memorized, but don't want you to think, Textbook decline, intelligent design They've Bill Nye on the list to execute

They don't want visitors in Jesusland
They want life stale and bland in the promiseland

Punk Rockers and emo kids, people doin' things the church forbids
Buddhists, agnostics, and atheists we're moving out of jesusland
Art students and thespians, (excluding country) all the musicians
We want all hookers and comedians, nihilists are welcome too

No longer svelte, they gotta punch holes in the Bible belt
Old 04-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #1632
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia
Damn fine recomendation. I just bought it, some of the best vocals on a rap album i've heard in a while.

The whole cd is actually pretty good. I liked The world could be yours, fantastic, whatcha know about my life...

That smoke and ride song is a perfect song to play when you're gettin down wit your lady

yea my favs are you gonna love me, and the remix, Welcome to Da Backwudz (i love that sample), Fantastic, Lock and Load, Feelin Lonely (deep song)... i pretty much liked the whole album tho.

heres one u may have heard of, more traditional Hip Hop...

Chino XL- Poison Pen
im only on like song 6 but hes probably one of the best lyricists ive heard in a while
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #1633
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
Greatest ska: Five Iron Frenzy
Wrong.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:56 PM   #1634
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

In my CD Player right now...from the CD of the month Club ....

RJAH's Alternative Mix 1
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #1635
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
In my CD Player right now...from the CD of the month Club ....

RJAH's Alternative Mix 1
Yeah well...nobody makes a mix cd better than I do and I don't mind sayin' so!

Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #1636
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Yeah well...nobody makes a mix cd better than I do and I don't mind sayin' so!

and I appreciate it!
Old 04-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #1637
freak6
Ring of Famer

Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

uh, not 10,000 days by Tool.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #1638
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Today: RJAH's Alternative Mix 2
Old 04-23-2006, 01:49 PM   #1639
heydensmom
I'm Jack Bauer!

Old school today..

Sixteen Stones by Bush
heydensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #1640
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

The New Jazz Ministry Album 'ANOTHER NIGHT AT THE BAKED POTATO," recorded live at the Baked Potato on March 11th, 12TH, and April 8th 2005. The album contains three new tunes and great performances of favorites from the last "Live Album". The band includes Greg Mathieson (Larry Carlton, Robben Ford) on keyboards, Michael Landau on guitars, Abraham Laboriel Sr. on bass and Abraham Laboriel Jr. (drums on Paul McCartney's "Back in the USA" tour) on drums. It Grooves Hard!!!!

http://www.gregmathieson.com/
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:14 AM   #1641
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger
Django Reinhardt - The Classic Early Recordings in Chronological Order - It's a five CD set - I have not even cracked the seal yet. That guy is incredible guitar player. I am listening to some of his other stuff first.

my guitar player i was with in seattle was influenced by djengo & ledbelly.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #1642
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

some new godsmack ...scroll down

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #1643
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

T.I. - King
Army Of The Pharoahs - Torture Papers
Mobb Deep - Blood Money
Da Backwudz - Woodwork

Last edited by RhymesayersDU; 04-25-2006 at 01:36 PM..
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #1644
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBone7
yea my favs are you gonna love me, and the remix, Welcome to Da Backwudz (i love that sample), Fantastic, Lock and Load, Feelin Lonely (deep song)... i pretty much liked the whole album tho.

heres one u may have heard of, more traditional Hip Hop...

Chino XL- Poison Pen
im only on like song 6 but hes probably one of the best lyricists ive heard in a while
I am seriously out of the loop. I haven't really been doing a whole lot of listening to newer stuff lately, so this is good to get some ideas. Payday is friday, so I'm going to have to check him out.

I've been on a dj quick trip for the last week, and he's been dominating the cd player in my car THAT and an old delinquent habits cd my buddy finally gave back to me.

two quick favorites: Art of War album (one of my top 10 of all time) bizzy and pac...thug luv. I know you can probly rap the whole thing.

I think it's on the Krayzie bone album (green cover?). Funny story....My buddy has this truck, AMAZING sound (spl competition winner back in AZ). We're at the park one day playin some ball, his truck is BLARIN bone. All of a sudden, MESSAGE FOR MISTA JONES MUTHA****A - and then that machine gun fire. people were seriously ducking for cover because it sounded so real. Ever since then, i was a huge krayzie fan
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:01 PM   #1645
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert

Quote:
I am seriously out of the loop. I haven't really been doing a whole lot of listening to newer stuff lately, so this is good to get some ideas. Payday is friday, so I'm going to have to check him out.

I've been on a dj quick trip for the last week, and he's been dominating the cd player in my car THAT and an old delinquent habits cd my buddy finally gave back to me.

two quick favorites: Art of War album (one of my top 10 of all time) bizzy and pac...thug luv. I know you can probly rap the whole thing.

I think it's on the Krayzie bone album (green cover?). Funny story....My buddy has this truck, AMAZING sound (spl competition winner back in AZ). We're at the park one day playin some ball, his truck is BLARIN bone. All of a sudden, MESSAGE FOR MISTA JONES MUTHA****A - and then that machine gun fire. people were seriously ducking for cover because it sounded so real. Ever since then, i was a huge krayzie fan
thats hilarious... i dont know the song off hand but if its a green cover its Thug Mentality.

if u wanna check Chino XL out hes on the Sway and King Tech cd they put out a little while ago. hes on a song with common and royce da 59, another one with canibus and royce da 59 and i think at least one solo and maybe one more. but i really recomend the Poison Pen CD

and yes that Thug Luv is classic, not as good as the original but still good. I LOVE how bizzy starts when he goes "Well it must be close to the armageddon..."

since your a krayzie bone fan im sure u know hes been on alotta songs (Ridin, Spit Yo Game, Don't Forget About Us remix, That song from Take the Lead) but there was a rumor that him and Jay Z were gonna do the remix to TI's what u know about that. i donno what came of that but it was talked about.

and i gotta try to remember to get the new DJ Quik (not really new anymore). ive always been a fan
Old 04-26-2006, 09:00 AM   #1646
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBone7
thats hilarious... i dont know the song off hand but if its a green cover its Thug Mentality.

if u wanna check Chino XL out hes on the Sway and King Tech cd they put out a little while ago. hes on a song with common and royce da 59, another one with canibus and royce da 59 and i think at least one solo and maybe one more. but i really recomend the Poison Pen CD

and yes that Thug Luv is classic, not as good as the original but still good. I LOVE how bizzy starts when he goes "Well it must be close to the armageddon..."

since your a krayzie bone fan im sure u know hes been on alotta songs (Ridin, Spit Yo Game, Don't Forget About Us remix, That song from Take the Lead) but there was a rumor that him and Jay Z were gonna do the remix to TI's what u know about that. i donno what came of that but it was talked about.

and i gotta try to remember to get the new DJ Quik (not really new anymore). ive always been a fan
Your exactly right...thug mentality, disc one..the messenger skit.

So i'm definitely sold on chino, I'm pickin it up this weekend. I've got some oooold (well, i really don't know how old) sway and tech cd but it's got a lot of eminem remixes on it. I'll have to look at the jacket to see if chino's on that one or not.

Seriously hope that krayzie and jigga can get together and collaborate. That would DEFINITELY be some ill ****. TI's already a pimp, and the three of em together would be off the chaaaaaaain. ahem.

As far as quik goes...seriously some of my favorite albums of all. Balance and Options...EVERY ****ING SONG on that album is dope. Ryhtham0-al-ism is just as amazing (thinkin bout you is seriously one of the smoothest jams ever), and his newest Trauma is pretty dope. Not my favorite, but still one of the best west coast rap albums last year imo. Just the way he puts his **** together. So many different kinds of music, real instruments...he's got musical beats that just bump....i'm probly preachin to the choir.

ANYWAYS, thanks again for the chino recomendation, send more my way when you think of em.

BY THE WAY!!!! In about 3 months, I should be picking up two new MTX 8500's (in a tuned box from the factory), a 1500 watt thunder amp, and thunderaxe components (it's gonna be ****ing retarded). CANT WAIT
Old 04-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #1647
MajikMan7
Ring of Famer

Alando 'National TV' Tucker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Plummer

MajikMan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:17 AM   #1648
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

yeeeaaaaahhh
Old 04-26-2006, 11:29 AM   #1649
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert

Quote:
Your exactly right...thug mentality, disc one..the messenger skit.

So i'm definitely sold on chino, I'm pickin it up this weekend. I've got some oooold (well, i really don't know how old) sway and tech cd but it's got a lot of eminem remixes on it. I'll have to look at the jacket to see if chino's on that one or not.

Seriously hope that krayzie and jigga can get together and collaborate. That would DEFINITELY be some ill ****. TI's already a pimp, and the three of em together would be off the chaaaaaaain. ahem.

As far as quik goes...seriously some of my favorite albums of all. Balance and Options...EVERY ****ING SONG on that album is dope. Ryhtham0-al-ism is just as amazing (thinkin bout you is seriously one of the smoothest jams ever), and his newest Trauma is pretty dope. Not my favorite, but still one of the best west coast rap albums last year imo. Just the way he puts his **** together. So many different kinds of music, real instruments...he's got musical beats that just bump....i'm probly preachin to the choir.

ANYWAYS, thanks again for the chino recomendation, send more my way when you think of em.

BY THE WAY!!!! In about 3 months, I should be picking up two new MTX 8500's (in a tuned box from the factory), a 1500 watt thunder amp, and thunderaxe components (it's gonna be ****ing retarded). CANT WAIT

Heres someone Im sure u havent heard of. he probably did the best hip hop song i have ever heard, and thats saying alot. if i had my own record label hed be the first one id try to sign. with that said, hes not for everyone but if u enjoy pure hip hop (for the most part) than youll love him. i tried to keep him a secret but everyone ive played this song for loved it.

Check out Fire Flies, easily the best hip hop song i have heard. You Inspire me is amazing too, and Way Down uses a nice sample.

i think he took it off but he just had up a song of him just playing the guitar. incredible stuff. all the beats, except way down, were done by him with live instruments. Hope you enjoy....http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=22618893

EDIT: BTW his name is Heron DeMarco

Last edited by BizzyBone7; 04-26-2006 at 11:35 AM..
Old 04-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #1650
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

DAMMIT!!!!! Firewalled!! I'll have to check it out after I get off work.