The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #451
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert

i just got the new Pretty Willie CD...very good. for those who dont know hes the singer/rapper. he had a pretty big single called Roll Wit Me a few years back. and if anyone saw Johnsons Family Vacation they play one of his singles when Ced the Entertainer is in the hot tub with the fat ladies. Hes a St Louis rapper and hes had 2 very successful singles out in that area. i recomend it for a change of pace style hip hop. im also looking to get the new Nas, TI, Eminem, and Fabolous. if anyone can tell me how they r id appreciate it.
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:28 PM   #452
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Little Steven And The Disiciples Of Soul - Men Without Women
Chesterfield Kings - The Mindbending Sounds Of The Chesterfield Kings
Chesterfield Kings - Stop!

You can say I'm getting ready for that Underground Garage show I'm going to next weekend
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:23 PM   #453
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Holy hell. For yet another time in my life, I find myself cursing the radio stations in the town I grew up in for not introducing me to a band earlier in life.

"Blown to Smithereens: The Best of the Smithereens" by, shocker, The Smithereens

HOLY HELL! This album is incredible. I'd always heard "A Girl Like You" and really admired the writing in it (I'm a sucker for the female vocals repeating the lead singer in the background) and just recently decided I needed to get that album and see what the rest of their stuff was like. I was NOT expecting this. From the Beatle-esque (Beauty & Sadness), the Brian Wilson inspired ("Strangers When We Meet"), Getz/Gilberto ("In A Lonely Place") to just plain rocking out ("A Girl Like You"). Wow. You can DEFINATELY see how "Blood & Roses" inspired Kurt Cobain.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 05:26 PM   #454
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

In recent rotation:

Ludacris - The Red Light District
Snoop Dogg - R & G: The Masterpiece
Trick Daddy - Thug Matrimony: Married To The Streets
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #455
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
Holy hell. For yet another time in my life, I find myself cursing the radio stations in the town I grew up in for not introducing me to a band earlier in life.

"Blown to Smithereens: The Best of the Smithereens" by, shocker, The Smithereens

HOLY HELL! This album is incredible. I'd always heard "A Girl Like You" and really admired the writing in it (I'm a sucker for the female vocals repeating the lead singer in the background) and just recently decided I needed to get that album and see what the rest of their stuff was like. I was NOT expecting this. From the Beatle-esque (Beauty & Sadness), the Brian Wilson inspired ("Strangers When We Meet"), Getz/Gilberto ("In A Lonely Place") to just plain rocking out ("A Girl Like You"). Wow. You can DEFINATELY see how "Blood & Roses" inspired Kurt Cobain.
You can't go wrong with any Smithereens IMO...but seek out Green Thoughts if you want to hear their most consistant, solid effort...IMO, that's a five star classic CD which ranks a little higher than the others.
I seen them open for Squeeze at the time of it's release and while both bands were good, The Smithereens were hands down better.
The opening act for the shows was Gene Loves Gezebel...anyone remember that godawful band? If not, then you're more fortunate than I am.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:22 PM   #456
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

This Must be on the front page!!!

Here's what's playing now:

The Rainy Day Saints Saturday's Haze
The Cynics Living Is The Best Revenge
The Chesterfield Kings The Mindbending Sounds Of The Chesterfield Kings
Blues Explosion Damage
The Ponys Laced With Romance
Old 12-29-2004, 10:32 AM   #457
Raider Bill

SCORE at the little used CD store I go to. ..

In the CD changer now.

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind. A damn fine album that got lost in the Appetite for Destruction hoopla. Monkey Business friggin rocks and it has stellar cowbell throughout. Bruce Dickinson would surely approve.

Van Halen - Fair Warning (Remaster) I already own this on vinyl, cassette, and cd. The remastering is subtle, but provides some much needed botom end to the sonic landscape on those early VH albums. Michael Anthony's bass was barely audible and the mixes were very heavy in mids and treble. Probably my favorite VH album if I had to pick just one. Unchained, Hear About it Later, Mean Street, classics.

AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You). While I'm partial to Bon Scott AC/DC, this is a pretty solid effort by the later lineup. It was hard for them to top Back in Black, but this is a solid album in it's own right. I especially dig the title track with the cannons and whatnot.

ZZ Top - Tres Hombres.. None of that Eliminator era synth pop crap, just pure Texas Blues/Rock by three guys who know their Barbecue sauce.

Cinderella - Live at the Key Club. A band that I thought was unfairly lumped in with the Sunset Strip metal scene. These guys have more in common with Aerosmith than Poison. Some people cant stand Tom Keiffer's falsetto, but I dig it.

Megadeth - So Far So Good So What? The Brains behind Metallica along with Cliff. I always felt Megadeth was the superior band but seemed to get shortchanged by critics. I always liked Mustaines delivery, lyrics, and riffs better.
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:36 AM   #458
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

njbil -

I often said that when metallica ran out of daves songs, they sucked...
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:57 AM   #459
Cali Chiefs Fan
Just Drafted

BizzyBone7 - Are you a member of ThaWasteLand.com boards?

Bone fo-eva!

Cali Chiefs Fan
Cali Chiefs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:33 PM   #460
Raider Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
njbil -

I often said that when metallica ran out of daves songs, they sucked...

I wholeheartedly agree.

I also scored Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow (When I can't Even Smile Today) for 4 bucks. Although the first ST album was/is a hardcore/punk classic, this incarnation of the band was musically superior in every respect. They transitioned into a pretty solid thrash band with this release. Rocky George, Mike Clark, and Robert Trujillo just kick major ass on this one.

I forgot just how tight this album is. It makes todays Nu-Metal BS look like a joke. These guys could have released this album TODAY and it would still blow everything else away.

Hardcore Punk, thrash metal, even a little funk metal... S.T. was at all these places before or at the same time as anyone else, they are truly an influential, yet criminally underrated and overlooked band!

Last edited by Raider Bill; 12-29-2004 at 04:05 PM..
Old 12-29-2004, 04:35 PM   #461
Sodak
Clueless...

Who stole my avatar?

No Means No
Sodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:50 PM   #462
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbil
I wholeheartedly agree.

I also scored Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow (When I can't Even Smile Today) for 4 bucks. Although the first ST album was/is a hardcore/punk classic, this incarnation of the band was musically superior in every respect. They transitioned into a pretty solid thrash band with this release. Rocky George, Mike Clark, and Robert Trujillo just kick major ass on this one.

I forgot just how tight this album is. It makes todays Nu-Metal BS look like a joke. These guys could have released this album TODAY and it would still blow everything else away.

Hardcore Punk, thrash metal, even a little funk metal... S.T. was at all these places before or at the same time as anyone else, they are truly an influential, yet criminally underrated and overlooked band!

How will i laugh is a fantastic album, great classics like ' Trip at the Brain ' and ' Pledge Your Allegiance '.

In my player now?

Somnus- Awakening the Crown
Summoning- Stronghold
1349- Beyond the Apocalypse
Esqarial- Inheritance
Twilight Ophera- The End of the Halcyon Age
Gardenian- Sindustries
Setherial- Endtime Divine
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 06:49 PM   #463
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree.

you know when you bring up bands like ST - it makes me go back and remember the pantera home movies with AIC, ST, etc appearing on them -
Old 12-29-2004, 07:03 PM   #464
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Spyro Gyra - Alternating Currents
Miles Davis & Marcus Miller - Siesta
YellowJackets - Yellowjackets
George Howard - Asphalt Gardens
Sade - Stronger Than Pride
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:19 PM   #465
Raider Bill

I'm kinda going back and picking stuff up on disc to replace other formats of albums that I like. This little Used CD shop near my work is kick ass. The Discs are cheap, but not particularly well organized.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:55 PM   #466
Raider Bill

I'm REALLY diggin the remastered

This disc kicks all kinds of ass. My biggest complaint is that it's too short
Old 12-29-2004, 07:56 PM   #467
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

njbil

NiN released the downward spiral on dvd-a & sacd.....
Old 12-29-2004, 07:56 PM   #468
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Beck - "Odelay"
The Beatles Capitol Box Set
The Pet Sounds Sessions Box Set
Beatles - "Abbey Road"
Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland"
Old 12-29-2004, 07:57 PM   #469
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
njbil

NiN released the downward spiral on dvd-a & sacd.....
SA-CD ROCKS! I REALLY hope it catches on. Oh man. I love that stuff. I'd love to hear the Tower Of Power album "Soul Vaccination: Live" on SACD. Wow......
Old 12-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #470
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

DVDA & SACD are both great.

I think both have equal merits. I have petsounds on dvda & aic on SACD....
Old 12-29-2004, 07:59 PM   #471
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist

Quote:
Beck - "Odelay"
The Beatles Capitol Box Set
The Pet Sounds Sessions Box Set
Beatles - "Abbey Road"
Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland"
Are you a big beck fan?

Hard to find a beck fan these days.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:27 PM   #472
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
Are you a big beck fan?

Hard to find a beck fan these days.
Getting into Beck more and more. The fact that he doesn't stay within one genre really intrigues me. Plus, his "Sea Change" album is the ultimate "It's 3 am and the party is winding down chill out" album.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:40 PM   #473
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist

Quote:
Getting into Beck more and more. The fact that he doesn't stay within one genre really intrigues me. Plus, his "Sea Change" album is the ultimate "It's 3 am and the party is winding down chill out" album.
Thats why I like him. and He does a great job at it too. ALmost prince like. Sea Change is an overlooked masterpiece of his. Beautiful stuff. He really doesnt have a down album. Every album is great and unique.

One of the most innovative artists I know. Also got the skills and talents too.

If you havent checked out mutation I must say you should do that. Sort of Sea Change like expect more bluesy.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:10 PM   #474
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
I'm REALLY diggin the remastered

This disc kicks all kinds of ass. My biggest complaint is that it's too short
All DL Roth era Van Halen releases are short...or seem so anyways. My fave is Van Halen II which, I feel, has stronger material than the first release (and all subsequent VH releases for that matter) and it clocks in at about 35 minutes total.

Fair Warning I like also, but not as much as II.....it's a bit of a downer release, don't you think? I thought it was kinda odd for "the ultimate party band" to put out that kind of release.....very interesting. I also think it's the last one that's really worthwhile because I wasn't big on the nearly all covers of Diver Down and grew to really dislike 1984 over time.....as for Van Hagar....pfffffftttt.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:15 AM   #475
Raider Bill

I imagine they are short because every year from 78 - 84 VH was either in the process of recording an album, or touring. Warner Bros was milking that golden goose for all it was worth. My favorite bounces between Fair Warning and The debut. I like the guitar playing on FW the best though. This is my first experience with the remasters and I think they did a nice job with FW.