The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #351
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I just baught 2 cds

The Used - In Love and Death
Hawthorne Heights - The Silence in Black and White.

Hawthorne Heights CD is good. that song 'Niki FM' and 'Ohio Is For Lovers' are wonderful. good music.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:44 AM   #352
Nick C.
Ring of Famer

man I have not found any Good new music in like a month I keep getting into the old stuff.

Any Suggestions on some old R&B or Funk that is not to popular?
Nick C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:24 PM   #353
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick C.
man I have not found any Good new music in like a month I keep getting into the old stuff.

Any Suggestions on some old R&B or Funk that is not to popular?
i dont know of any old r & b but he has that old type of feel. his name is Lyfe, not sure if i mentioned him before. he one five times on apollo including the grand championship. he went on apollo like a week after beingreleased from jail. dude is crazy. he sings about real stuff and has a great voice. i highly recomend this album to anyone.
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:25 PM   #354
Nick C.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBone7
i dont know of any old r & b but he has that old type of feel. his name is Lyfe, not sure if i mentioned him before. he one five times on apollo including the grand championship. he went on apollo like a week after beingreleased from jail. dude is crazy. he sings about real stuff and has a great voice. i highly recomend this album to anyone.
nice sounds right up my ally! have the album name or a link to any of his tracks?
Old 10-01-2004, 02:14 AM   #355
Nick C.
Ring of Famer

Been listening to alot of old Micheal Jackson lately

any of you heard this? it is the Demo Version of "Billy Jean" from the Special Edition of "Thriller"
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3F...2EEF68F84B6BDA
Old 10-01-2004, 08:03 AM   #356
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
This thread is like the Neck Pony Nation of the Underground....it is required to be on page 1!

Upcoming releases I'm looking forward to:

The Donnas: Gold Medal Oct. 26th
Blues Explosion: Damage Oct. 3rd
R.E.M.: Around The Sun Oct. 5th (early indications are that it's their best in years...we'll see about that)
Hogan..check out VH1.com and they have a free listen to the new REM cd, I'm on track 1 so far
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:35 PM   #357
BizzyBone7
*#27*

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert

Quote:
This thread is like the Neck Pony Nation of the Underground....it is required to be on page 1!
agreed...and not cuz i started it...im interested to see what other people are listening to that may not know this exists.

Quote:
nice sounds right up my ally! have the album name or a link to any of his tracks?
i think his site is 2lyfe.com....im pretty sure u can just listen to the whole cd there. i dont remember the name of the album cuz theres a bunch of numbers in it (his prison number) but its lyfe with a bunch of numbers, that much i do know
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:54 AM   #358
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack
Hogan..check out VH1.com and they have a free listen to the new REM cd, I'm on track 1 so far
Disappointing to say the least...I'll probably still get it, being a completist and all...this must be what Dylan fans felt like in the 70's, that's all I can think of when I hear any of this stuff since Berry left.

I never thought I'd say it, but I think it's time they just hung it up before they tarnish the glorious early years any further...21 years after Murmur & 20 after Reckoning and Man, does it show
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:57 AM   #359
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBone7
agreed...and not cuz i started it...im interested to see what other people are listening to that may not know this exists.
It was a great idea for a thread, you deserve to be commended....rep is on the way.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #360
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Disappointing to say the least...I'll probably still get it, being a completist and all...this must be what Dylan fans felt like in the 70's, that's all I can think of when I hear any of this stuff since Berry left.

I never thought I'd say it, but I think it's time they just hung it up before they tarnish the glorious early years any further...21 years after Murmur & 20 after Reckoning and Man, does it show
Hmm...don't know about the Dylan comment regarding the 70s...Blood on the Tracks and Desire are two of his strongest albumns, IMHO, and New Morning is pretty damn good as well. The Dylan of the 80s would probably be a better comparison. The only decent albumn from that decade was Oh Mercy in '89.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:35 PM   #361
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno
Hmm...don't know about the Dylan comment regarding the 70s...Blood on the Tracks and Desire are two of his strongest albumns, IMHO, and New Morning is pretty damn good as well. The Dylan of the 80s would probably be a better comparison. The only decent albumn from that decade was Oh Mercy in '89.
Dylan's 60's output was at an amazingly high level....cracks showed with the horrible "Self-portriat" & "Dylan" releases and after "Desire" he found fundemental Christianity and the bottom abruptly fell out....Dylan was basically worthless from 1977 on save for the one possible comeback teaser that would pop up here and there (of which, "Oh Mercy" is one).......that is what I ment when I stated that.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:38 PM   #362
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Listen To The Director!!!!

Find The Dandy Warhols & Listen To Them!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:28 AM   #363
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Dylan's 60's output was at an amazingly high level....cracks showed with the horrible "Self-portriat" & "Dylan" releases and after "Desire" he found fundemental Christianity and the bottom abruptly fell out....Dylan was basically worthless from 1977 on save for the one possible comeback teaser that would pop up here and there (of which, "Oh Mercy" is one).......that is what I ment when I stated that.
I never understood the guy.

Even he's rated solely on the basis of songwriting and lyrical abilities, there are members of his generation who totally smoke him (Joni Mitchell comes to mind.)

Oh well, I guess it's all ultimately a matter of taste.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:32 AM   #364
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Mr. 335!
Old 10-04-2004, 04:41 AM   #365
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Cool is forever.

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/...6040212,00.ram

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/...6069748,00.asx

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/...6033620,00.ram

http://app.sonymusic.com/sme/master/...6186398,00.asx
Old 10-07-2004, 04:22 PM   #366
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN
I never understood the guy.

Even he's rated solely on the basis of songwriting and lyrical abilities, there are members of his generation who totally smoke him (Joni Mitchell comes to mind.)

Oh well, I guess it's all ultimately a matter of taste.
Bob Dylan proves that there's a difference between a great voice and a great rock-n-roll voice...even if his roots are primarily in folk, he illustrates the point beautifully.....in any event, his songwriting/lyrical ability cannot be seriously questioned...neither can his great impact upon pop culture.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:23 PM   #367
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Miles.....I love Miles...great, great stuff
Old 10-07-2004, 05:36 PM   #368
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Man, I've been digging deep into the early stuff of some popular '80s bands just lately. Judas Priest's first three or four albums absolutely rock. Same with the Scorpions. In fact, I'd say the first four Scorpions are the best music they've done, though "Eye II Eye" was decent. Very different, but decent. I've also been listening to the later Iron Maiden albums. I despised everything from "Somewhere In Time" on when I was younger. Now I actually like it better than their early stuff.

Other stuff i've been spinning lately (in no particular order):
Russ Freeman, both solo work and colaborations.
Muddy Waters
Nine Inch Nails, especialy "Broken."
Assorted Hans Zimmer discs...

Ben
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:35 PM   #369
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I love the early Scorpions albums....after Lovedrive I kinda lost interest in them....but, for me, the quintessential Scorpions release is In Trance...which gets the nod over the band's far and away best live album The Tokyo Tapes just barely....I really like Taken By Force, Fly To The Rainbow and Lovedrive a lot as well....Virgin Killer & Animal Magetism are a bit spotty IMO and of course everyone knows them from Blackout onward. I was never much into the 80's stuff because they tempered the sound in order to obtain success after losing Hendrix influenced guitarist Ulrich Roth..and to me, that resulted in a certain loss of charm for them somehow...they then sounded like everyone else did then....making them much less interesting to me.

I always thought Judas Priest was spotty as well....I have to admit, I wasn't that big of a JP fan...but still have a few releases (about 6)....even still, the only ones I bothered to buy over on CD were Unleashed In The East ...which is a sentimental fave of mine...just hearing the demolition of "Diamonds And Rust" is worth it and British Steel...which I thought was as solid as the band ever got when it came to their recorded output..both are musts for any late 70's/early 80's metal collection IMO.....just my thoughts on it.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:37 PM   #370
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Bob Dylan proves that there's a difference between a great voice and a great rock-n-roll voice...even if his roots are primarily in folk, he illustrates the point beautifully.....in any event, his songwriting/lyrical ability cannot be seriously questioned...neither can his great impact upon pop culture.
Aside from commercial and pop culture considerations, I suppose Dylan's musical merits are ultimately in the "ear of the beholder," as it were.

His work never did anything for me. Now Joni Mitchell, on the other hand, was/is a singer/songwriter of Dylan's generation who (IMO) wrote better tunes and better lyrics and possessed a highly-developed singing voice (not to mention both an innovative and sophisticated guitar style and fine keyboard skills.)

Hence, Joni ranks much higher on my top 10 list of 60s singer/songwriters.

I guess it's ultimately a matter of personal taste, e.g., one man likes rocky road and the other likes pralines and cream.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:37 AM   #371
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

If anyone asked me to name the quintissential song that represents "Metal" in terms of sound and lyrics, it would be "Rapid Fire" from Judas Priest's British Steel record.

When I was in High School, the Metalheads loved it as well as the jocks. The jocks used to play it during football practice, as well as another cut from the disc, "United" which is a weak anthem IMO. But we used to get warmed up to Judas Priest.

During Rapid Fire, everyone used to raise their arm and fist at 90 degrees and imitate Halford, etc for some laughs. Fun memories.

Rapid Fire

"Pounding the world like a battering ram
Forging the furnace for the final grand slam
Chopping away at the source soon the course will be done
Leaving a trail of destruction thatís second to none

Hammering anvils straining muscle and might
Shattering blows crashing browbeating fright
Fast devastating and desolisating the curse
Blasting the cannons of truth through each man of this earth

Wielding the axe comes the one culmination
Thatís always seemed certain to bring down the curtain on greed

Sifting the good from the bad itís the age for the rage
Of the dogs which must fall to the just and be free

Now grate for the vandals who trampled and sampled
Till this place conditioned brought forth demolition to war

The slipping and sliding corrosive subsiding
That withered and wained till the world seemed all drained fills the bay

Pounding the world like a battering ram
Forging the furnace for the final grand slam
Chopping away at the source soon the course will be done
Leaving a trail of destruction thatís second to none
Second to none"
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #372
thedudeabides
Just Drafted

any of yall listen to SOUTHERN ROCK?
check out the NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS southern blues/rock
www.nmallstars.com
these guys ROCK.
thedudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:14 PM   #373
thedudeabides
Just Drafted

also check out the black keys
thedudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:56 PM   #374
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Aside from commercial and pop culture considerations, I suppose Dylan's musical merits are ultimately in the "ear of the beholder," as it were.

His work never did anything for me. Now Joni Mitchell, on the other hand, was/is a singer/songwriter of Dylan's generation who (IMO) wrote better tunes and better lyrics and possessed a highly-developed singing voice (not to mention both an innovative and sophisticated guitar style and fine keyboard skills.)

Hence, Joni ranks much higher on my top 10 list of 60s singer/songwriters.

I guess it's ultimately a matter of personal taste, e.g., one man likes rocky road and the other likes pralines and cream.

I understand how you feel...and I'm no in anyway demeaning Joni Mitchell's recorded output or abilities....but when you compare her influence to that of Dylan's...well....you know. I know it's a matter of taste...everything is.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:01 PM   #375
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Love
If anyone asked me to name the quintissential song that represents "Metal" in terms of sound and lyrics, it would be "Rapid Fire" from Judas Priest's British Steel record.

When I was in High School, the Metalheads loved it as well as the jocks. The jocks used to play it during football practice, as well as another cut from the disc, "United" which is a weak anthem IMO. But we used to get warmed up to Judas Priest.
Judas Priest could always be counted upon for a corny "anthem" like "United"...personally, I would've used "Take On The World" from Hell Bent For Leather instead for what you're talking about....that's cheesy as well, but has a power that puts it across way better than most IMO.