The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #301
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Well, things like: The Hives, The Strokes, The Walkmen, Interpol (thanks Inferno), Death Cab For Cutie, Franz Ferdinand, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, The Rhinos, Maxeen, Jet, Lolas, The Donnas....bands like that mixed in with my usual ska fix of The Pietasters, Mustard Plug, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Planet Smashers, etc.
Man, we are roughly on the same page. Hives, Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab for Cutie (though I generally hate EMO because it's too whiny)...etc...

Here's my latest five in the CD player:

The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Big Star: #1 Record/Radio City (two classics on 1 disc)
The Smiths: The Queen is Dead
Television: Marquee Moon
Elvis Costello: This Years Model

What do you think of this group, Hogan? I'm asking you specifically because we seem to have similar taste, but any others are free to chime in.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:36 PM   #302
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,006

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno
Man, we are roughly on the same page. Hives, Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab for Cutie (though I generally hate EMO because it's too whiny)...etc...

Here's my latest five in the CD player:

The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Big Star: #1 Record/Radio City (two classics on 1 disc)
The Smiths: The Queen is Dead
Television: Marquee Moon
Elvis Costello: This Years Model

What do you think of this group, Hogan? I'm asking you specifically because we seem to have similar taste, but any others are free to chime in.
Oh yeah, similar tastes indeed.

Death Cab is my exception to the emo rule I guess....

As for the group you have......Morrisey kinda makes my skin crawl so I give The Smiths a wide berth and I'm not much into the Lips....BUT...

I love the Big Star CD you have (I have the same 2fer release) very solid power pop with Chilton on top of his game in a major way. I could go for quite awhile about those two records...but I'll just say these quick things:

"In The Street" (better known as the theme for That 70's Show) is probably the only cover song that Cheap Trick ever totally botched...I love the Trick but I hate their version of this classic. (Yeah, I know I called it "Thirteen" I caught my mistake)

"Way Out West" is just breath takingly beautiful power pop and the best song on Radio City IMO...even outshining the oft-heardled "September Girls" (which is no mean feat...it's such a great, great song).

I always wanted to play in a band that did stuff like Big Star but never got the oppertunity to do so....Do you have Third/Sister Lovers?? If so, what do you think of that?? I never got the draw of that release really...it pales in the face of the first two, but maybe that's just me.

Television is awsome stuff...Marquee Moon is a deserved classic...so many great songs with great guitar fretwork that isn't just numbingly mindless showboating....whenever Verlaine & Lloyd team up, it's worth the cash. Didja ever get the Live At The Old Wardorf limited edition CD from Rhino? If not, try to search it out on eBay...it's excellent as well.

What can one say about Elvis? Everything the guy touched in his first five years on the scene is essential (well....up to and including Trust anyways) TYM is so solid from top to bottom....I never thought "No Action" got the recognition it deserved....it remains my fave on the album ...the barely controlled chaos in that track (especially the drumming) just does it for me.

Last edited by Hogan11; 09-08-2004 at 11:00 PM..
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #303
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Oh yeah, similar tastes indeed.

Death Cab is my exception to the emo rule I guess....

As for the group you have......Morrisey kinda makes my skin crawl so I give The Smiths a wide berth and I'm not much into the Lips....BUT...

I love the Big Star CD you have (I have the same 2fer release) very solid power pop with Chilton on top of his game in a major way. I could go for quite awhile about those two records...but I'll just say these quick things:

"Thirteen" (better known as the theme for That 70's Show) is probably the only cover song that Cheap Trick ever totally botched...I love the Trick but I hate their version of this classic.

"Way Out West" is just breath takingly beautiful power pop and the best song on Radio City IMO...even outshining the oft-heardled "September Girls" (which is no mean feat...it's such a great, great song).

I always wanted to play in a band that did stuff like Big Star but never got the oppertunity to do so....Do you have Third/Sister Lovers?? If so, what do you think of that?? I never got the draw of that release really...it pales in the face of the first two, but maybe that's just me.

Television is awsome stuff...Marquee Moon is a deserved classic...so many great songs with great guitar fretwork that isn't just numbingly mindless showboating....whenever Verlaine & Lloyd team up, it's worth the cash. Didja ever get the Live At The Old Wardorf limited edition CD from Rhino? If not, try to search it out on eBay...it's excellent as well.

What can one say about Elvis? Everything the guy touched in his first five years on the scene is essential (well....up to and including Trust anyways) TYM is so solid from top to bottom....I never thought "No Action" got the recognition it deserved....it remains my fave on the album ...the barely controlled chaos in that track (especially the drumming) just does it for me.
I believe you've mistaken "Thirteen" as the "That 70s Show" theme song...it's "In The Street" if I'm not mistaken...at any rate, both songs are classic power pop numbers. My favorite song on #1 Record is "The Ballad of El Goodo", though the afore-mentioned tracks are superb. I believe Radio City is my favorite of those two records. Top to bottom, it's an alternative rock fore-father and masterpiece. "What's Going Ahn" and "You Get What You Deserve" are melodic masterpieces, not to mention the glorious "September Gurls." Third/Sister Lovers is a great record as well. I love "Blue Moon." It just about makes me want to weep, and "Holocaust" always sends chills up my spine. Very haunting song.

My favorite Elvis song on This Years Model is "On The Beat." I just love the energy and the back-up vocals interjecting after each refrain of the chorus. "Lipstick Vogue" gets my feets to tappin' as well.

I love Morrisey, sorry. I guess that's where we disagree. I think he sums up the teenage experience brillantly, with great humor and pathos.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 09-08-2004 at 11:08 PM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:03 AM   #304
Nick C.
Ring of Famer
 
Nick C.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBone7
they seriously play that song at kickoff...thats crazy, great song tho.



i got that young buck one, its better than i thought. hes more lyrical than he puts out...whos that paradime, i never heard of them
yeah I was amazed they play "when we ride on our enemies" at kick off or so they did for the first preseason game hope they keep it.

I am at a loss about Paradime myself I did not type that someone else did I guess lol.

anyway glad to see an active hip hop fan here. since you are a huge bone fan maybe I could hook you with some Rare unreleased bone songs.

Peace/One
Nick C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:21 AM   #305
BroncoBuds
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5
Default



Rock Against Bush Volume 2

Great CD. With plenty of Punk bands of Old and New. Only 8.99 for 28 songs from bands like Bad Religion, Op Ivy, Lagwagon, Foo Fighters, Rancid, No Doubt, and No Use for A Name. I recommend.
BroncoBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:09 AM   #306
BizzyBone7
*#27*
 
BizzyBone7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,043

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick C.
yeah I was amazed they play "when we ride on our enemies" at kick off or so they did for the first preseason game hope they keep it.

I am at a loss about Paradime myself I did not type that someone else did I guess lol.

anyway glad to see an active hip hop fan here. since you are a huge bone fan maybe I could hook you with some Rare unreleased bone songs.

Peace/One

yea i got alot of songs, but u may have more...if u want my AIM is BizzyBone7sign75
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #307
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuds


Rock Against Bush Volume 2

Great CD. With plenty of Punk bands of Old and New. Only 8.99 for 28 songs from bands like Bad Religion, Op Ivy, Lagwagon, Foo Fighters, Rancid, No Doubt, and No Use for A Name. I recommend.
And I doubt that they even know what they are doing or talking about. I like some of the bands in there, but when bands like that inject politics into their music it just sounds stupid. The rockers do it to sound cool and liberal and im pretty sure they are unaware of what they talking about. Im no fan of Bush but I know its a crappy cd just by looking at the title.

Last edited by Freekofnature; 09-09-2004 at 11:57 AM..
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:56 AM   #308
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick C.
yeah I was amazed they play "when we ride on our enemies" at kick off or so they did for the first preseason game hope they keep it.

I am at a loss about Paradime myself I did not type that someone else did I guess lol.

anyway glad to see an active hip hop fan here. since you are a huge bone fan maybe I could hook you with some Rare unreleased bone songs.

Peace/One
Wat? Im a huge hip hop fan too man. Its just that i dont like bone artists as solo artists.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:34 PM   #309
Nick C.
Ring of Famer
 
Nick C.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
Wat? Im a huge hip hop fan too man. Its just that i dont like bone artists as solo artists.
well what current hip Hop you felling right now?

As for Bone I am not a huge fan of there solo **** either other then Bizzy, and krayzie comes nice sometimes.they put out a couple Wack CD's IMO as a group but "Thug World Order" is dope, was shocked to see Phil Colins in there Video.
Nick C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:00 PM   #310
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick C.
well what current hip Hop you felling right now?

As for Bone I am not a huge fan of there solo **** either other then Bizzy, and krayzie comes nice sometimes.they put out a couple Wack CD's IMO as a group but "Thug World Order" is dope, was shocked to see Phil Colins in there Video.
That song wiht Phil Collins was absolutely dope. Its called Home. Very thoughtful song unlike many recent hip hop songs. I love Hip Hop but not the direction that they are going in right now.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #311
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,006

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno
I believe you've mistaken "Thirteen" as the "That 70s Show" theme song...it's "In The Street" if I'm not mistaken...at any rate, both songs are classic power pop numbers. My favorite song on #1 Record is "The Ballad of El Goodo", though the afore-mentioned tracks are superb. I believe Radio City is my favorite of those two records. Top to bottom, it's an alternative rock fore-father and masterpiece. "What's Going Ahn" and "You Get What You Deserve" are melodic masterpieces, not to mention the glorious "September Gurls." Third/Sister Lovers is a great record as well. I love "Blue Moon." It just about makes me want to weep, and "Holocaust" always sends chills up my spine. Very haunting song..
Yeah, you caught me on that slip up...I corrected it but it must've been during your post. Those first two albums are extremely solid IMO....Third/Sister Lovers is tracky to me...I really can't explain why I feel that way, it just doesn't seem as strong to me in comparison to the other two.

Quote:
My favorite Elvis song on This Years Model is "On The Beat." I just love the energy and the back-up vocals interjecting after each refrain of the chorus. "Lipstick Vogue" gets my feets to tappin' as well.
Yeah...I love early Costello, very solid stuff...do you have the 2 1/2 Years box set by chance?? It's well worth it for the first three albums and the Live at the El Mocambo live set...which is smokin', to say the least.

Quote:
I love Morrisey, sorry. I guess that's where we disagree. I think he sums up the teenage experience brillantly, with great humor and pathos.
I don't hate the stuff really, I just find him to be kinda creepy is all...I can take it or leave it , but mostly I leave it.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:37 PM   #312
Nick C.
Ring of Famer
 
Nick C.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
That song wiht Phil Collins was absolutely dope. Its called Home. Very thoughtful song unlike many recent hip hop songs. I love Hip Hop but not the direction that they are going in right now.
same here I hate most modern hip hop I listen to tupac all the damn time and recently been geting into **** hip hop samples like Marvin Gaye.

Tell me some artist you like and maybe I could turn you onto some new one's that are simular.
Nick C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:36 PM   #313
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick C.
same here I hate most modern hip hop I listen to tupac all the damn time and recently been geting into **** hip hop samples like Marvin Gaye.

Tell me some artist you like and maybe I could turn you onto some new one's that are simular.
I dont really like the Artists but the albums and the song. A lot of the Rappers become inconsistent or change in a period of time. Im gonna name Rappers and albums,means i love the album but not the artist anymore. Ice-T with the first four albums, Ice Cube with the first two releases, Do or die by AZ, Illmatic by NAs, Alot of Tupac and BIggie in whole, Cypress hill with first 3 of their albums, Wu-Tang in General, Public Enemy in general, Method mans first album, Redmans First album, Gangstarr in General, Raekwons first album, and etc..... Too many to name right now
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:51 PM   #314
BizzyBone7
*#27*
 
BizzyBone7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,043

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
I dont really like the Artists but the albums and the song. A lot of the Rappers become inconsistent or change in a period of time. Im gonna name Rappers and albums,means i love the album but not the artist anymore. Ice-T with the first four albums, Ice Cube with the first two releases, Do or die by AZ, Illmatic by NAs, Alot of Tupac and BIggie in whole, Cypress hill with first 3 of their albums, Wu-Tang in General, Public Enemy in general, Method mans first album, Redmans First album, Gangstarr in General, Raekwons first album, and etc..... Too many to name right now
if u like AZ u may wanna check out guys like Masta Ace, Common, Kanye West, or someone like Jadakiss or dead prez who are good lyrically. its good u like Pac cuz alotta people get there styles from him. Two good songs from him if u havent heard em already are HellRazor and Pain.
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #315
BizzyBone7
*#27*
 
BizzyBone7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,043

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
That song wiht Phil Collins was absolutely dope. Its called Home. Very thoughtful song unlike many recent hip hop songs. I love Hip Hop but not the direction that they are going in right now.
bizzys 2nd solo was a very good one and Krayzies 1st was good, but i can see y people dont like em that much.

but im happy bone is gettin some love here. Home wasa great song and that whole album is very slept on. Money Money is a great song off that album and it actually has a nice video for it too.
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:55 PM   #316
Nick C.
Ring of Famer
 
Nick C.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
I dont really like the Artists but the albums and the song. A lot of the Rappers become inconsistent or change in a period of time. Im gonna name Rappers and albums,means i love the album but not the artist anymore. Ice-T with the first four albums, Ice Cube with the first two releases, Do or die by AZ, Illmatic by NAs, Alot of Tupac and BIggie in whole, Cypress hill with first 3 of their albums, Wu-Tang in General, Public Enemy in general, Method mans first album, Redmans First album, Gangstarr in General, Raekwons first album, and etc..... Too many to name right now
I agree with you Rap is famous for the Sophmore slump. Seams we have simular Taste actully, was hopeing you would name some people not so mainstream sorta. have you heard Nas "Stillmatic" that Cd is Fire IMO.
how about Ras Kass? I think he is awsome. I like alot of Political **** also like Dead Prez, The Coup, Talib Kweli and unrealeased Kanye West **** also.
Nick C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #317
Nick C.
Ring of Famer
 
Nick C.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBone7
bizzys 2nd solo was a very good one and Krayzies 1st was good, but i can see y people dont like em that much.

but im happy bone is gettin some love here. Home wasa great song and that whole album is very slept on. Money Money is a great song off that album and it actually has a nice video for it too.
you heard "Secret Agent man" it is a dope unreleased Bone Song I will check you on AIM.
Nick C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #318
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick C.
I agree with you Rap is famous for the Sophmore slump. Seams we have simular Taste actully, was hopeing you would name some people not so mainstream sorta. have you heard Nas "Stillmatic" that Cd is Fire IMO.
how about Ras Kass? I think he is awsome. I like alot of Political **** also like Dead Prez, The Coup, Talib Kweli and unrealeased Kanye West **** also.
Lot of the albums i named arent mainstream at all althought true rap fans know them really well. They just got recognized as masterpieces and classics as years went by. Actually lot of these didnt sell much like Illmatic comparing to his other albums. I love Talib Kewi and Mos Def. Dead PRez is ok. I love Big L's two albums. GZA's first album. I love Tribe called quest, Jurassic 5, Common, the roots, blackalicious, and so on. Ras Kass is pretty good. I have just previewed the Rassassination album and its decent.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #319
Nick C.
Ring of Famer
 
Nick C.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
Lot of the albums i named arent mainstream at all althought true rap fans know them really well. They just got recognized as masterpieces and classics as years went by. Actually lot of these didnt sell much like Illmatic comparing to his other albums. I love Talib Kewi and Mos Def. Dead PRez is ok. I love Big L's two albums. GZA's first album. I love Tribe called quest, Jurassic 5, Common, the roots, blackalicious, and so on. Ras Kass is pretty good. I have just previewed the Rassassination album and its decent.
if you like Rassassination you should love his unreleased "Van Gogh" CD I will up it to yousendit.com if you would like? and I guess you are right they are not really mainstream but as a hip hop head they are just common to me.
I am actully more into Westcoast stuff or Dirty Jerzy **** for th emost part. one of my favorite artists is actully Andre "Dre Dog" Nickatina? heard any of his ****? he is dope has a live band do alot of his Beats.
Nick C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:27 PM   #320
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick C.
have you heard Nas "Stillmatic" that Cd is Fire IMO.
.
No i gave up on NAs long ago and I did hear the song ether and One mic tho. I dont like ether and made you look too much, but i liked One Mic.

Speaking of New york rappers Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt.....One of the best new york rapper album ever produced. O yea I gave up on JAy Z also after listen to his song change cloth. Im not anti commercial at all tho. I do understand Commericial is an important aspect but after the Vol 1,2,3 and Blueprint 2 stunts i couldnt take it anymore.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:10 PM   #321
BizzyBone7
*#27*
 
BizzyBone7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,043

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Lambert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
Lot of the albums i named arent mainstream at all althought true rap fans know them really well. They just got recognized as masterpieces and classics as years went by. Actually lot of these didnt sell much like Illmatic comparing to his other albums. I love Talib Kewi and Mos Def. Dead PRez is ok. I love Big L's two albums. GZA's first album. I love Tribe called quest, Jurassic 5, Common, the roots, blackalicious, and so on. Ras Kass is pretty good. I have just previewed the Rassassination album and its decent.
if u like those artists, theres one more i forgot to name. Royce da 5'9. hes known for beefing with D12 and eminem, but hes a lyrical genius and his flow is better than most of who u named. hes basically 60% of what ive been listening to since christmas
BizzyBone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:04 PM   #322
BroncoBuds
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekofnature
And I doubt that they even know what they are doing or talking about. I like some of the bands in there, but when bands like that inject politics into their music it just sounds stupid. The rockers do it to sound cool and liberal and im pretty sure they are unaware of what they talking about. Im no fan of Bush but I know its a crappy cd just by looking at the title.

The songs that were put on the Rock Against Bush CD arent songs that bands made to insult President Bush. Infact, the songs that are put on the CD have nothing to do with President Bush. The bands DONT " inject politics into their music." Either way, you should know that you cant judge a book by its cover, and for you to shrug off the CD without listening to it is absurd. But, hey whatever floats your boat.

The main thing I wanted to stress, is that alot of these Punk Bands put together a CD as a collaboration, and they are very cheap compared to other CD's on the market. I much rather pay 9 bucks for a CD that has over 20 Bands and 28 songs, than pay 15 bucks for a CD that has 1 band with 10-15 songs. You know?
BroncoBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:09 PM   #323
DONKEYSHOW
Lunatic fringe
 
DONKEYSHOW's Avatar
 
I'll Be Back!

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Public Course #9
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuds
The songs that were put on the Rock Against Bush CD arent songs that bands made to insult President Bush. Infact, the songs that are put on the CD have nothing to do with President Bush. The bands DONT " inject politics into their music." Either way, you should know that you cant judge a book by its cover, and for you to shrug off the CD without listening to it is absurd. But, hey whatever floats your boat.

The main thing I wanted to stress, is that alot of these Punk Bands put together a CD as a collaboration, and they are very cheap compared to other CD's on the market. I much rather pay 9 bucks for a CD that has over 20 Bands and 28 songs, than pay 15 bucks for a CD that has 1 band with 10-15 songs. You know?

Coming from an OLD punk fan from the early 80s. Is punk gonna make a serious comeback, like ever? Long live the Sex Pistols.
DONKEYSHOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:18 PM   #324
BroncoBuds
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONKEYSHOW
Coming from an OLD punk fan from the early 80s. Is punk gonna make a serious comeback, like ever? Long live the Sex Pistols.
You know what, honestly, it doesnt matter to me if it "comes back." The music is still put out by bands that I like. I agree its not mainstream as it used to be back when the Pistols, Social D and The Ramones were but, with today's bands selling out for $ its hard for these hardcore Punk bands to stay punk. Ever heard a Blink-182 album before they became sellouts?? They sound nothing like they used to. Its bad. I wanted to say though, with bands like NOFX and Bad Religion still going out on tours, it still feels like Punk makes some kind of noise but, not as many people pay attention to it.
BroncoBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:38 PM   #325
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer
 
TheManeMan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 5,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuds
You know what, honestly, it doesnt matter to me if it "comes back." The music is still put out by bands that I like. I agree its not mainstream as it used to be back when the Pistols, Social D and The Ramones were but, with today's bands selling out for $ its hard for these hardcore Punk bands to stay punk. Ever heard a Blink-182 album before they became sellouts?? They sound nothing like they used to. Its bad. I wanted to say though, with bands like NOFX and Bad Religion still going out on tours, it still feels like Punk makes some kind of noise but, not as many people pay attention to it.

Thats a good post there BroncoBuds...I practically agree with your entire post...Funny how NOFX and BR are the 2 bands that most people mention now as the best punk bands...I would like to say that BR, Pennywise, and NOFX are 1, 2, 3 on my list of all time fav bands...Glad that other Broncos fans listen to the same bands as I...the thing is, is that I dont only listen to Punk...I basically pop that stuff in when I feel like driving fast on the freeways here in LA...and thats not too often...Usually you'll find a Biggie CD, or an Xzibit CD in the dash...also props to whoever mentioned Black Star...(talib and mos def) That 1st CD put them on the map...Black Star keeps shining...
TheManeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Denver Broncos