The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2004, 05:33 PM   #226
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

emo fan?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 06:03 PM   #227
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
i have a pet project of mine, a bad punk band me and my friends do for house parties... kym... kill your mom...

we have songs like... go **** yourself (the cheney song).... my gods beat up your god... real hippy chicks put out... drinkin' smokin' spitting chaw..

toby kieth's america & go home commie bastards.

my america is my fav

I always wanted to do something like this...a totally depraved rock band doing songs that are sicking and gross ....like a much more tuneful p***Y Galore or something.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 05:57 PM   #228
Mr
Sports Deviant

Right In The Face.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 08:44 PM   #229
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

The almighty Black Flag......very cool!!

I remember when My War came out...I loved the title track, "Can't Decide" and "Forever Time".......even my non-punk metal leaning friends dug that album..especially "Swinging Man"...believe me, there were a lot of "Swinging Men" hanging around at the time and we despised them all.

BUT, I have to disagree with Loose Nut....Popps and I already went through this, but I think "Loose" is pretty stunted by it's production....I'd take Damaged, Slip It In, Who's Got The 10 1/2?(which brought life to the "Nut" material IMO) or In My Head anyday over that one in a heartbeat.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:55 PM   #230
Mr
Sports Deviant

Right In The Face.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Slip It In had to be my favorite Flag Album. If there was such a thing as "pure" Black Flag, I'd have to say that Slip It In is just that.
I somewhat agree with you on Loose Nut, But I also bought Sonic Youth's "EVOL" (horrible trash) just because its the only one I didnt have. I guess I'm as much an Album collector as I am a music lover.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:48 AM   #231
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr
Slip It In had to be my favorite Flag Album. If there was such a thing as "pure" Black Flag, I'd have to say that Slip It In is just that.
I somewhat agree with you on Loose Nut, But I also bought Sonic Youth's "EVOL" (horrible trash) just because its the only one I didnt have. I guess I'm as much an Album collector as I am a music lover.
Well, Damaged would be my pick for "pure" Black Flag...that is just one solid intense blast of fury.

I'm with you on the collector part, I tend to be a "completist" as well when it comes to artists catalogs...incidently, Loose Nut is the only Flag album proper I never "bought over" on CD...I imagine the sound isn't any better on the CD as opposed to the vinyl...SST didn't do much to enhance it's product soundwise when they started to issue it's catalog on CD.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:14 AM   #232
Mr
Sports Deviant

Right In The Face.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

I love this stuff, from "We Are 138" to "She" to "The Last Caress" to "London Dungeon" The Misfits helped shape my being. When I finally got the box set, I had to get two of them just to ensure that I still had one after playing it to death.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:46 AM   #233
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr
What do you think of the new Sonic Youth? Seems like their trying to recapture their Dirty-era sound, with excellent results.
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 01:02 PM   #234
Mr
Sports Deviant

Right In The Face.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno
What do you think of the new Sonic Youth? Seems like their trying to recapture their Dirty-era sound, with excellent results.
You know I havent had the pleasure yet.... so much has been coming out.... The last Youth Album I bought was "A Thousand Leaves" which for me was pretty average, They've done better.... MUCH better
Old 08-15-2004, 01:19 PM   #235
Mr
Sports Deviant

Right In The Face.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

You know who I really miss? "The Specials" Any Ska buffs in the house?
Old 08-15-2004, 07:41 PM   #236
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr
You know who I really miss? "The Specials" Any Ska buffs in the house?
Check out the "Post Your Pic" threads and you'll see me with members of The Pietasters and The Voodoo Glow Skulls.....I've always loved ska/skacore and I'm a fanatical fan of The Pietasters.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #237
Mr
Sports Deviant

Right In The Face.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Old 08-16-2004, 05:01 PM   #238
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

Punk O Rama Volume 1...

TheManeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 06:31 PM   #239
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
I always wanted to do something like this...a totally depraved rock band doing songs that are sicking and gross ....like a much more tuneful p***Y Galore or something.

its fun hogan
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:49 PM   #240
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr
You know I havent had the pleasure yet.... so much has been coming out.... The last Youth Album I bought was "A Thousand Leaves" which for me was pretty average, They've done better.... MUCH better
I agree, but I'd say their last two albumns (Murray Street came out in '02) were pretty strong efforts. Give them a listen. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 08-16-2004 at 10:52 PM..
Old 08-17-2004, 12:04 AM   #241
Mr
Sports Deviant

Right In The Face.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
I agree, but I'd say their last two albumns (Murray Street came out in '02) were pretty strong efforts. Give them a listen. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I surely will, Sonic Youth has done some great things "Confusion Is Next" is one of my fav songs ever in fact, they put out tons of prime, crunchy, meaty stuff before "Dirty". I look forward to checking out the new albums.

Last edited by Mr; 08-17-2004 at 12:10 AM..
Old 08-17-2004, 12:08 AM   #242
guybrush77
Rookie

The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It
guybrush77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:24 PM   #243
BROWN81
Eyes of the South

Stuff I have been listening to or listen to a lot:

Alice In Chains- Got to have my Daily dose can't function without hearing Staley wail and Jerry's incredible guitar work

Jerry Cantrell- See above

Down- My favorite Anselmo Side Project
TOOL
Helmet
Henry Rollins
Megadeth
Sevendust
Godsmack
Pantera
Classic Aerosmith
Days of the New
Pearl Jam
Old Metallica
Rush
CCR
Doors
Mudvayne
STP
Superjoint Ritual
Black Sabbath
Anthrax
Led Zeppelin

and a whole bunch of other stuff.
BROWN81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:25 AM   #244
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWN81
Stuff I have been listening to or listen to a lot:

Alice In Chains- Got to have my Daily dose can't function without hearing Staley wail and Jerry's incredible guitar work

Jerry Cantrell- See above
AIC deserves a spot in the Rock 'N' Roll cannon, IMHO. I think Jerry's solo work is criminally underrated. Boggy Depot was a remarkable post-modern albumn, as was Degradation Trip (which was almost totally ignored by the general public). Apparently, he has a new albumn on the horizon. I implore all fans of quality rock music to support this albumn. I have no doubt it will be of high quality.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:32 AM   #245
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr
I surely will, Sonic Youth has done some great things "Confusion Is Next" is one of my fav songs ever in fact, they put out tons of prime, crunchy, meaty stuff before "Dirty". I look forward to checking out the new albums.
No doubt their pre-Dirty material is superior...Daydream Nation is perhaps the quintessential albumn of the 80s...and Sister is fantasic as well. "Death Valley '69" is my favorite Sonic Youth song, off of the Bad Moon Rising albumn. What a great band!

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 08-18-2004 at 12:39 AM..
Old 08-18-2004, 12:44 AM   #246
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
emo fan?
lol you can so that
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:45 AM   #247
Lynch
Pimpdaddy

Yo Mammy's worse nightmare

Currently in my CD player in my truck.... Dio - Lock Up The Wolves.
May change it on the way home to Alice In Chains - Nothing Safe : Best of the Box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dio.jpg (7.7 KB, 39 views)
Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:04 AM   #248
BROWN81
Eyes of the South

Quote:
AIC deserves a spot in the Rock 'N' Roll cannon, IMHO. I think Jerry's solo work is criminally underrated. Boggy Depot was a remarkable post-modern albumn, as was Degradation Trip (which was almost totally ignored by the general public). Apparently, he has a new albumn on the horizon. I implore all fans of quality rock music to support this albumn. I have no doubt it will be of high quality.

No doubt that AIC should get their spot. I am HUGE fan of AIC and Cantrell. Jerry's Solo CD's are both kick ass. I agree with ya that Cantrell is sorely underrated as a guitar player, singer and lyricist. Considering the fact that 90 percent of the Lyrics of AIC songs came from him. I also read that he will be in the studio for the next few months working on new Material for the Next CD..... Right now he is doing a small tour with a side project called: Cardboard Vampyres. I have never seen AIC live but I got a chance to see Cantrell twice already. Once in 1998 when he played between Days of the new and Metallica and during the Degredation Tour a couple of years ago. Both great shows. I got a Tattoo paying my homage to AIC 3 yrs ago I took the words on my Tattoo from the Song: Heaven Beside you(one of my Fav tunes). Eerily(sp?) enough two months after getting my Tat Staley died of his Drug overdose so naturally the Tat has more meaning to it. I can't wait for Jerry's CD to come out, frankly there is nothing new that is good on the shelves right now and plus I want to see him again in Concert.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Fallen Angel.gif (78.6 KB, 36 views)
BROWN81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:13 AM   #249
Mr
Sports Deviant

Right In The Face.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWN81
No doubt that AIC should get their spot. I am HUGE fan of AIC and Cantrell. Jerry's Solo CD's are both kick ass. I agree with ya that Cantrell is sorely underrated as a guitar player, singer and lyricist. Considering the fact that 90 percent of the Lyrics of AIC songs came from him. I also read that he will be in the studio for the next few months working on new Material for the Next CD..... Right now he is doing a small tour with a side project called: Cardboard Vampyres. I have never seen AIC live but I got a chance to see Cantrell twice already. Once in 1998 when he played between Days of the new and Metallica and during the Degredation Tour a couple of years ago. Both great shows. I got a Tattoo paying my homage to AIC 3 yrs ago I took the words on my Tattoo from the Song: Heaven Beside you(one of my Fav tunes). Eerily(sp?) enough two months after getting my Tat Staley died of his Drug overdose so naturally the Tat has more meaning to it. I can't wait for Jerry's CD to come out, frankly there is nothing new that is good on the shelves right now and plus I want to see him again in Concert.
No one on earth could harmonize like Staley and Cantrell, The best of which I thought came out on the EP "Sapp". AIC surely deserves their cudoes.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:12 PM   #250
Lynch
Pimpdaddy

Yo Mammy's worse nightmare

Ya know what's sad. In x-number of years, Nirvana will be in the R'n'R Hall of Fame and AIC won't be. When that happens, it will be a damn crime. Not that the RNRHOF means ****. I mean, there are a ton of missing artists and groups that are soooo deserving and are eligible but just can't get in, while dozens of undeserving artists are in based on a single hit (or two).

Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote