The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2015, 07:38 AM   #1
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Default T Mobile Smart Phone Suggestions

I'm going to jump in and go the smartphone route. I decided on TMobile for one I have a prepaid phone with them. Also I have a TMobile store real close by.

I tend to text a bit does any smartphones have ability to text using your voice? I type slow so I thought if I could use my voice to do a text.

I'm looking at the Samsung S5 or more likely the Samsung S6 that's coming out soon.

Would it be better to buy phone vs monthly installments route since new phones come out yearly.

The rest of the stuff I can ask at a store. I don't want to be suckered into something I don't need.

Thanks
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #2
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With Tmobile you have to pay for the full price of the brand new phone. The good news is that they are super cheap and no contract so it equals out about now and a few years down the road youre def better off. If you ever go out of country you can still use free data and texting too which is nice.

I like droids personally. I have Iphone but only for work. If I could choose I would go droid. I dont know much about the differences between new phones and what not. they all seem to do the same thing imo. I cant tell the difference between my old droid x2 and my Iphone 5.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:18 AM   #3
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I have the S3, and I love it. I don't know if they are still offering them though, it's a few years old.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
BroncoBuff

My new show will be SCARY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor

Might be late to throw advice your way, but I do have some good stuff here...

Far be it from me to advise against yet another great Seattle company like T-Mobile, but the carrier you want is:
MetroPCS
Actually MetroPCS IS T-Mobile. Couple years ago T-Mobile bought them out, and decided to keep their nameplate for marketing reasons. The marketing punchline is T-Mobile doesn't have one single advantage over MetroPCS. Not one. The following is a breakdown, with every point favoring MetroPCS:
  • Metro runs on the exact same network as T-Mobile, with no traffic preference
  • Metro's live customer service is prompt, and if you don't mind odd accents, very helpful
  • Metro offers WILDLY inexpensive plans, all on month-to-month basis
  • Unlimited everything with 1 GB 4G LTE data is $30, $25 if you have two lines
  • Unlimited everything with 2 GB 4G LTE data is $40, $35 if you have two lines
  • All phones are interchangeable between the two carriers

I suppose if you WANT your carrier to finance an expensive phone, T-Mobile has that advantage. Or if you want your Early Termination Fees paid, T-Mobile invented that, but you have to sign with them for two years, so ....

Regarding equipment, MetroPCS offers just a pittance of poor devices, maybe 10 or 12 to choose from (Click here) ... but all of T-Mobile's devices work seamlessly on Metro, so that's not a problem. Me, I despise low-end smart phones .... but at the same time my stomach turns at the thought of paying $600 or $700 for one. So I've always looked for the rare "mid-range" Android phone, and I've been very happy for 2-plus years now with the LG L90, built for T-Mobile.
LG Optimus L90
1.2 Gz Quad-Core
8 GB internal storage
Android 4.4 Kit Kat
4G LTE (on later models)
4.7 inch screen
Gorilla Glass II
8 Mp camera
1.5 Mp rear cam
32 GB microSD
FM Radio, Java
Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS
2540 mAH battery
Only downside is the display resolution is only average. But I paid just $159 when it was introduced in Jan 2014. They're $120 to 160 now, though I've managed to buy two (wife and friend) new in the box for $75 and $80 on CL. That is MASSIVE value, features to dollars. Couple it with the $25 and $35 unlimited plans, and you can't do better anywhere.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #5
Doggcow
He gimpy

But he doin alright now

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

If this is still something important, T-Mobile JUMP! On Demand is -the best- program in the industry if you want a high end device.

up to 3 upgrades per year, no cost, no sales tax, just the monthly lease of the phone (e.g. the competitor's strategy).

Now if you constantly upgrade, this is a great promotion for you, if not, you may be wanting to buy outright.

T-Mobile now carries CPO devices for very low (usually competitive with risky craigslist offer) prices as well if you want to own a device.

So much flexibility.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

T-Mobile Kyocera Hydro Life Prepaid Smartphone

http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-K...phone/37621323

I just bought one of these this weekend. $75 at walmart.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #7
BroncoBuff

My new show will be SCARY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote