The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default Official 2015 Orange Mane Mock Draft TRADE Thread

Please discuss your trade ideas and proposals here!!

Details of trades consummated in the 2015 OM Mock Draft:

a) Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs
Kansas City receives #11
Minnesota receives #18, #80, #190, #232

b) New Orleans Saints and Houston Texans
Houston receives #13
New Orleans receives #16 and #117

c) Dallas Cowboys and Tennessee Titans
Dallas receives #33
Tennessee receives #60, #91, and #162

d) Jacksonville Jaguars and New Orleans Saints
New Orleans receives #36
Jacksonville receives #44 and #117

e) Chicago Bears and Cincinnati Bengals
Cincinnati receives #39
Chicago receives #53 and #85

f) Kansas City Chiefs and New York Giants
Kansas City receives #40 and #143
NY Giants receive #49, #119, and #172

g) Cleveland Browns and Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tampa Bay receives #43 and #199
Cleveland receives #65, #161, #167, and #217

h) Tennessee Titans and Miami Dolphins
Tennessee receives #47
Miami receives #60 and #100

i) Seattle Seahawks and Buffalo Bills
Seattle receives #50
Buffalo receives #63 and #113

j) New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles
New England receives #52
Philadelphia receives #64 and #132

k)Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions
Cleveland receives #54
Detroit receives #77 and #116

l) Jacksonville Jaguars and Arizona Cardinals
Jacksonville receives #55
Arizona receives #67 and #117

m) Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals
Arizona receives #59
Denver receives #67 and #124

n) Indianapolis Colts and Baltimore Ravens
Indianapolis receives #58
Baltimore receives #61 and #164

o) Tennessee Titans and Carolina Panthers
Tennessee receives #57
Carolina receives #66 and #137

p) New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns
New Orleans receives #65, #161, and #167
Cleveland receives #75, #147, #153, and #229

q) New Orleans Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers
Pittsburgh receives #78
New Orleans receives #87 and #196

r) San Francisco 49ers and New England Patriots
San Francisco receives #96
New England receives #127, #132, and #245

s) Denver Broncos and New England Patriots
Denver receives #97
New England receives #123, #143, and #202.

t) Arizona Cardinals and NY Jets
Arizona receives #104
NY Jets receive #116 and #197.

u) Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals
Miami receives #104
Arizona receives #114 and #190.

v) Seattle Seahawks and New York Giants
New York receives #95 and #134
Seattle receives #108, #118, and #245

w) Buffalo Bills and Chicago Bears
Buffalo receives #106
Chicago receives #112 and #193

x) New York Jets and Cleveland Browns
Cleveland receives #116 and #197
NY Jets receive #111 and #230

y) Denver Broncos and Cincinnati Bengals
Denver receives #157
Cincinnati receives #250, #251, and #252

z) Houston and Philadelphia
Houston receives #113
Philadelphia receives #152 and #235

aa) Baltimore and Seattle
Baltimore receives #118
Seattle receives #125 and #176

bb) New York Jets and Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh receives the rights to Davis Tull (selected at #111)
New York receives #121, #160, and #239

cc) New Orleans and New England
New Orleans receives #123
New England receives #162 and #187

dd) Tennessee and Indianapolis
Tennessee receives #128
Indianapolis receives #163 and #167

ee) NY Jets and New Orleans
New York receives #168
New Orleans receives #223, #224, and #239

ff) NY Jets and San Diego
New York receives #153 and #192
San Diego receives #160 and #168

gg) Houston and New Orleans
New Orleans receives #175
Houston receives #212 and #223

hh) New York Jets and New England
New York Jets receive #187
New England receives #192 and #230

Last edited by JCMElway; 04-01-2015 at 01:54 PM..
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #2
PRBronco
Chrissy doesn't rule

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

So are there typically a lot of trades during the draft, or does it mostly happen before hand?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
So are there typically a lot of trades during the draft, or does it mostly happen before hand?
During the draft.

Generally, there will be some trades done after the Combine leading up to the draft, but the vast majority happen during the draft.

My best advice for this is that if you have a prospect you want, or if you want to trade back, start working the trades via PMs to the teams in the area you want to go, and here in this thread, long before your turn comes due. Have a couple contingency plans as well.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #4
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

The Tennessee Titans #2 selection is up for grabs for teams wanting to move up for an elite player. Please PM me if interested. You all know who is going #1.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #5
24champ
Welcome Back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Comp picks are not allowed to be traded.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #6
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Comp picks are not allowed to be traded.
I thought they were tradable once they were announced officially, just not before. In real life, they aren't allowed to be traded though.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:55 AM   #7
24champ
Welcome Back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I thought they were tradable once they were announced officially, just not before. In real life, they aren't allowed to be traded though.
Part of last years stipulation in a trade involving comp picks was that it won't be a tradeable asset in future drafts. The run up to this OM draft is already off to a shaky start, it'd be best to follow NFL rules.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:38 AM   #8
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Part of last years stipulation in a trade involving comp picks was that it won't be a tradeable asset in future drafts. The run up to this OM draft is already off to a shaky start, it'd be best to follow NFL rules.
I hate that they are not tradable, however I tend to agree that they should not be available in our draft as well. It's an authenticity issue for me.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #9
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Disagree on all levels.

First, we have a limited game. We don't trade players, like real life. We don't trade future picks, like real life. We have a finite amount of resources, it dumbs down our game, limits our game, and makes no sense for our game to limit our resources further by stating we can't trade Compensation selections. Especially for the ridiculous notion we're trying to follow NFL rules. We don't follow any NFL rules as it is. We follow the draft order and that's it. We make our own clock, our own dates, etc...

I think it's necessary to wait until the Compensatory selections are announced so we avoid the issues of trading selections that teams don't actually have, which happened last year, but outside of that, I don't see a single positive or reason to limit compensatory selections in our game. It's a draft game. Those are draft picks.

They aren't tradable in real life because it is recompense for teams losing their top free agents the year prior. We don't have a dynasty format.

So I challenge anyone to make any argument whatsoever that makes a lick of sense as to why we should further limit the excitement and fun of trading in our game for a real life purpose that does not apply to our game at all.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #10
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

OFFICIAL STANCE ON TRADING COMPENSATORY SELECTIONS:

Just got off the phone with JCMElway, this is his stance as told to me. Obviously, I agree with it.

ALL COMPENSATORY SELECTIONS ARE TRADEABLE AT ANY TIME.

This includes even before they are announced as long as they are based on the projected compensatory selections. In that circumstance however, before Compensatory selections are confirmed, both teams need to be clear on the trade rules in the event the projected compensatory selection does NOT come to pass.

For example, Atlanta is trading it's 3rd Round Comp Pick to Tampa Bay to swap selections in the 2nd Round. However, if Atlanta does not get the projected 3rd Round Comp Pick, Atlanta will send X amount of selections in Y round to Tampa Bay instead.

So, trading projected comp picks before they are announced does have some risk and needs to have a back up plan in the event the projection proves false. The projections are usually 85% right, so some will be wrong.

Once the comp picks are announced by the NFL, they can obviously be traded free of a contingency plan.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
24champ
Welcome Back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I hate that they are not tradable, however I tend to agree that they should not be available in our draft as well. It's an authenticity issue for me.
I liked the idea as well until trading for a comp pick last year and it was an absolute mess. There's a lot of moving parts to make a deal for a comp pick work. Basically it's now a trade with conditions and deciding the correct compensation should the comp pick change. I can foresee a number of scenarios where a GM doesn't like the compensation or worse is unable to get or provide the compensation needed to fulfill the original agreement.

The comp picks being tradeable wasn't a well thought out idea last year and it still isn't. I was told specifically in a message offline that this won't be happening in the next draft. Yet here we are...and although I'll likely have 4-5 comp picks, none will be on the table in trade talks.

Last edited by 24champ; 02-16-2015 at 04:16 PM..
Old 02-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #12
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I liked the idea as well until trading for a comp pick last year and it was an absolute mess. There's a lot of moving parts to make a deal for a comp pick work. Basically it's now a trade with conditions and deciding the correct compensation should the comp pick change. I can foresee a number of scenarios where a GM doesn't like the compensation or worse is unable to get or provide the compensation needed to fulfill the original agreement.

The comp picks being tradeable wasn't a well thought out idea last year and it still isn't. I was told specifically in a message offline that this won't be happening in the next draft. Yet here we are...and although I'll likely have 4-5 comp picks, none will be on the table in trade talks.

To be fair, it's not a mess at all once they are announced. Since we pause the draft at the end of the 3rd, that leaves four rounds worth of time where trading them has zero detriment or difficulty. Plus, with the draft returned to the time frame from 2013 when they announced them on the 18th of March, a mere 4 days after we start won't be bad at all. I'm hoping for that.

I do agree that trading the selections before they are announced to try and move around in the early part of the draft can provide difficulties for sure, and I personally won't be doing it unless I have a strong contingency trade in place in terms of value from my trade partner, or from myself if presenting the compensatory selection for trade.

The good news is that the guys that forecast the Comp picks are usually extremely accurate, so it is unlikely an issue arises again, and if people can agree to a contingency, I see no potential problems at all. Just makes a trade take a little more work if one of these selections are involved.

The goal is fun though. The more freedom and selections available to the owners to wheel and deal as they see fit should equal more fun.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #13
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
If we were trying to make a true realistic mock draft, I would agree. But we can't hope to be authentic without trading players and future selections, so I think it makes more sense to focus on making our game have more depth and fun than only being partially realistic. Just my stance.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:57 PM   #14
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2015 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Efrem Oliphant

Trading for unknown comp picks is a disaster waiting to happen....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #15
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2015 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Efrem Oliphant

Also, I agree with 24champ and Med -- comp picks should not be tradable, since they're not in real life....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #16
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Lol. Tennessee isn't gonna get any and I won't trade anyone who offers them. Tell 'em no way Jose.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #17
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Also, I agree with 24champ and Med -- comp picks should not be tradable, since they're not in real life....

Yeah, I STRONGLY disagree with that. Again, the reason they are not tradable in real life does not apply to our game. It only serves to limit the game. If we were running a dynasty game year after year with 32 of the same owners and trading players and future selections, I would agree it makes sense.

The only thing limiting the trading of compensatory selections would do in a draft game like we have is limit the game further. Makes no sense. At all.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #18
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

The challenge is still out there people. How does making compensatory selections non-tradable improve our game? How does it make it more fun?

What it does is limit the trading of the selections, which decreases the strategy and fun available to the owners.

If all you can come up with is "because they don't do it in RL", that doesn't apply. How does it make our game better and more fun to limit the trading of those picks? Legit question. I've seen no attempt at an answer.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:09 PM   #19
Shananahan
Custom User Title

You know what would be really fun, though? Like, a lottery-style draft. We could randomly re-assign the order and everything... just get crazy and fun with it. Or maybe we could do it like a trivia thing, where we make up a Broncos-themed quiz that only real fans would be able to answer and then slate the draft according to scores?

While we're having fun we could also add an extra round or two at the end!
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #20
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
You know what would be really fun, though? Like, a lottery-style draft. We could randomly re-assign the order and everything... just get crazy and fun with it. Or maybe we could do it like a trivia thing, where we make up a Broncos-themed quiz that only real fans would be able to answer and then slate the draft according to scores?

While we're having fun we could also add an extra round or two at the end!
This game has had tradable compensatory selections for 4 years now according to JCMElway.

In real life, teams have more resources than we can have in this draft game to move up and down the boards. By making compensatory selections tradable, we can at least provide more resources to our teams to attempt to fill that gap.

Making compensatory selection tradable makes the actual concept of trading in this draft more realistic because it gives the owners some of the value they lose (compared to real life) due to not trading players and future draft picks.

We're hardly making drastic changes in the blind pursuit of fun. We're making a game as realistic as possible while attempting to keep it fun for everyone.

It would be nice if people would at least appreciate that effort. I think most do.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:06 PM   #21
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

As I told MUG via PM, I agree with trading them.

I won't trade for them since I have the luxury of early picks with my team and see no need to move up or down just a few slots. I likely won't be moving up at all since the Titans roster is dog****. I think I am sitting well at the top of rounds people will be interested in moving up to them if their guy falls.

If people wanna take the risk to do so, go for it. Have a contigency in place if the projections are off. Not that big of a deal. I just am in no position to trade for COMP picks, nor will TEN likely get any.

Last edited by Requiem; 02-16-2015 at 09:09 PM..
Old 02-16-2015, 09:56 PM   #22
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
It would be nice if people would at least appreciate that effort. I think most do.
Oh come on, I'm just giving you a hard time. Call it however you see it, but it isn't like there's a winnable debate here; it's personal preference.

I'm fine with whatever.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:09 PM   #23
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Wow, we're trading compensatories now?

We're on a slippery slope to beastiality, I see.

/jk......this is fine, especially with the rule that in order to finalize the trade you have to set forth the backup plan in case the pick doesn't materialize.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:38 AM   #24
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

We have been trading comp picks for years, lets keep on it.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #25
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Comp picks are open for trade, with stipulations set forth by both drafters if a comp does not materialize as planned. Just trying to add flexibility since we do not trade players already in the NFL or future picks. We have been trading comp for at least three years and its worked out fine. Let's move on.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: