The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Would you like to see Marion Barber III in Orange and Blue?

Considering the Broncos need another tailback to go with Moreno, I figured I'd pose this question.

Recently, I read on ROTOWORLD that the Cowboys are expected to cut Marion Barber III.

Would you be receptive to this idea, as opposed to drafting a back when the new CBA is in effect?

Do you prefer DeAngelo Williams?

Any other FA backs that'd you'd prefer?

I was a huge MBIII when he played at Minnesota and thought with his time in the ZBS there, he'd of been awesome for Denver. Alas, somebody thought that Maurice Clarrett was the better option for the team and we blew it there. I think that he'd be a good compliment to Moreno in Fox's system.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,177
Default

Deangelo FTW. Make it happen, bring his bad ass to Denver.

Barber would have been awesome 3 or 4 years ago.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Considering the Broncos need another tailback to go with Moreno, I figured I'd pose this question.

Recently, I read on ROTOWORLD that the Cowboys are expected to cut Marion Barber III.

Would you be receptive to this idea, as opposed to drafting a back when the new CBA is in effect?

Do you prefer DeAngelo Williams?

Any other FA backs that'd you'd prefer?

I was a huge MBIII when he played at Minnesota and thought with his time in the ZBS there, he'd of been awesome for Denver. Alas, somebody thought that Maurice Clarrett was the better option for the team and we blew it there. I think that he'd be a good compliment to Moreno in Fox's system.

Someday I'd like to dig in the database and find all the posts where people generally thought that a free third round pick was an acceptable risk for someone with Maurice Clarett's ceiling, and Bobby Turner's considerable talent. Especially when you consider that "somebody" who that was a better option for the team than Marion Barber was Bobby Turner.

But aside that, I'd be up for bringing Barber in. With runningbacks, you just fill the stable and let the cream rise to the top. And focus on your front line. I don't care who we have at runningback if we have an awesome line. Just get through the holes and run.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs
Default

Just a guy, at this point. He's used up. Move on.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

On a low price 1 year contract maybe to replace Buckhalter or Maroney, but I don't want to rely on him, Williams is a superior option in every way.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

There's a reason this guy has been front and center in the offseason "trade or cut" rumor mills every offseason for the last three years.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,428
Default

Injury prone. We need someone durable, who can be counted on week in and week out.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,908

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Old RB's suck.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
DrFate
Lord of Order
 
DrFate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tower of Fate
Posts: 4,231
Default

Sure - 5 years ago...
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #10
Boomhauer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Marion Barber III > Noshow Moreno
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #11
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Injury prone. We need someone durable, who can be counted on week in and week out.
Which is exactly why I don't want Williams either.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #12
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Marion Barber III > Noshow Moreno
No way. Put Barber behind the Broncos line the last two years and he'd be getting dropped in the backfield with regularity. And he's not as good a receiver as Moreno.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,512

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Someday I'd like to dig in the database and find all the posts where people generally thought that a free third round pick was an acceptable risk for someone with Maurice Clarett's ceiling, and Bobby Turner's considerable talent. Especially when you consider that "somebody" who that was a better option for the team than Marion Barber was Bobby Turner.

But aside that, I'd be up for bringing Barber in. With runningbacks, you just fill the stable and let the cream rise to the top. And focus on your front line. I don't care who we have at runningback if we have an awesome line. Just get through the holes and run.
honestly, i still believe that had Clarett been capable of making it through training camp he could have turned into something special
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:42 AM   #14
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

No to Barber. No to Williams.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

DeAngelo Williams is obviously a much better person to supplement Knowshon's skill set and weaknesses and vice versa. The only issue is $ and two injury prone RBs.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #16
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Why even talk about DeAngelo Williams? You guys seriously think we are going to invest MILLIONS on a running back -- who probably would backup up Knowshon -- when we don't have a right tackle, TE, and have holes everywhere on defense?

Knowshon is the starter, for better or worse.

And personally, I don't think this team is going to spend any kind of signifigant money in free agency.

Marion Barber would be the type of guy we sign - cheap.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,855

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Why even talk about DeAngelo Williams? You guys seriously think we are going to invest MILLIONS on a running back -- who probably would backup up Knowshon -- when we don't have a right tackle, TE, and have holes everywhere on defense?

Knowshon is the starter, for better or worse.

And personally, I don't think this team is going to spend any kind of signifigant money in free agency.
Is this because Bowlen is broke?

I agree with passing on FA RB's though. Just draft one in the later rounds.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #18
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
You guys seriously think we are going to invest MILLIONS on a running back -- who probably would backup up Knowshon -- when we don't have a right tackle, TE, and have holes everywhere on defense?
I take it you've missed the last few weeks with the endless debate from people who think Elway is really going QB in the first round.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #19
Boomhauer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
DeAngelo Williams is obviously a much better person to supplement Knowshon's skill set and weaknesses and vice versa. The only issue is $ and two injury prone RBs.
What's Noshow Moreno's skillset? He's too weak for the inside, to slow for the outside and average as a blocker and receiver. The only thing he does well is collect a paycheck and ride pine.

Effective inside bruisers are difficult to find and usually dinged up, but Barber is one of the best available and won't break the bank. Noshow could be a good back-up to him if he added 20-30lbs and grew a pair and both should do well if the Broncos went back to ZBS. Than, we'd just need some guys with explosive speed to change things up and KRs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
What's Noshow Moreno's skillset? He's too weak for the inside, to slow for the outside and average as a blocker and receiver. The only thing he does well is collect a paycheck and ride pine.

Effective inside bruisers are difficult to find and usually dinged up, but Barber is one of the best available and won't break the bank. Noshow could be a good back-up to him if he added 20-30lbs and grew a pair and both should do well if the Broncos went back to ZBS. Than, we'd just need some guys with explosive speed to change things up and KRs.
Knowshon IS a tough runner between the tackles. I'm not about to give the guy a glowing recommendation of his play, because frankly, I don't think he deserves it anymore, but he certainly runs hard between the tackles and is a good blocker.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #21
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,527
Default

Lance Ball looked pretty good at the end of last year so maybe he's coming into his own
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #22
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

2008? Yes. Today? Not so much.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,512

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

draft Alex Green out of Hawaii in the 6th round and watch him take the starting job from Moreno and relegate him to being a 3rd down back.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Denver Broncos