The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Default Peterson falls out of top 5, Dareus out of top 10

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp
  1. Cam Newton, Carolina
  2. Von Miller, Denver
    We were on the Dareus wagon early and now we're getting off. We dig the big guy a lot and understand why so many other mocks have him here. Need + value = good fit. Still, the #2 pick in the draft doesn't roll around often for the Broncos and this feels like a rare opportunity to find a special player. Von Miller seems like that guy to us. He will be a threat to rush the passer on every play, is solid against the run, and has dropped back in coverage more than many are admitting. He's a total stand-up guy with mutant measurables that would start instantly and accomplish multiple draft objectives with one pick.
  3. Nick Fairley, Buffalo
  4. A.J. Green, Cincinnati
  5. Blaine Gabbert, Arizona
  6. Robert Quinn, Cleveland
  7. Patrick Peterson, San Fransisco
  8. Da'Quan Bowers, Tennessee
  9. Tyron Smith, Dallas
  10. Julio Jones, Washington
  11. Cameron Jordan, Houston
  12. Marcell Dareus, Vikings
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I wouldn't be pissed about drafting Miller if we trade back and acquire significant compensation. But at #2? I'd be pissed... but I'm used to being angry on draft day.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
bombay
Ring of Famer

Think I'll wait until the draft is conducted before determing that anyone has falllen out of anywhere.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I have trouble believing that someone with rumors of needing microfracture surgery on a knee is going to go before Dareus.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I never found their sim/mod to be accurate. The underlying logic doesn't make sense.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I have trouble believing that someone with rumors of needing microfracture surgery on a knee is going to go before Dareus.
Bowers?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I will wait to see Billy burgers take on football before I but into any of this kind of craap
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I wouldn't be pissed about drafting Miller if we trade back and acquire significant compensation. But at #2? I'd be pissed... but I'm used to being angry on draft day.

I wouldnt be pissed.....at all.

Miller displays Derrick Thomas like ability, and can easily put on a few pounds to play DE at 6'3", 255 or so. He is the best pass rusher in the draft. He plays in the opponents backfield seemingly all day long.

I believe Buff, Cincy or Arizona will be trading to our spot to secure one of the top two QBs in the draft in Gabbart or Newton. We may still get him, if not, one of the other elite prospects like Fairley, Quinn or Dareus.

But I like Von Miller alot.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I'm not sure if should laugh or cry
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #10
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Its not THAT crazy of a possibility.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I'm not sure if should laugh or cry
craugh

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

That mouth could be used for some photoshop gold.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

According to NFL Network’s Albert Breer on Twitter, “Logic is after Newton, Gabbert go, QB-needy teams will remain near top of Rd 2 w/rest of QBs still on the board. Commence game of leapfrog.”

There are a handful of quarterbacks who could go late in the first or early in the second round. Teams such as Carolina, Denver, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Arizona, Cleveland, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Miami, Jacksonville, Seattle and even Indianapolis have all been rumored at some point to be interested in one of the top seven quarterbacks.

We already know Auburn’s Cam Newton and Missouri’s Blaine Gabbert will be the first to go in the top 15 selections, but then there is still Washington’s Jake Locker, Arkansas’ Ryan Mallett, Florida State’s Christian Ponder, TCU’s Andy Dalton and Nevada’s Colin Kaepernick who have all been rumored to go anywhere between the middle of the first round to the middle of the second round.

As the draft quickly approaches, quarterback-needy teams will realize that they have a chance to acquire one of the two quarterbacks they desire.

We already expect New England to make an attempt to acquire more draft picks. San Diego is rumored to be trying to trade back into the first round. I believe we could see Miami and New York Jets trade down. Last but not least on the rumor mill, Denver could trade back into the first to select Ponder, according to NFL draft analyst Chris Steuber per Rotoworld.

A part of me just died.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #14
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Well at least we now know what the worst imaginable scenario is
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #15
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

These things are all a waste of time. Every year we get infatuated with this sily sideshow called the mock draft and every year they prove how the only thing we can know at this point, is that we don't know much of anything. I'm already burned out on it, so while I want Peterson I've lost intereste in the endless debate. Let's just get the thing done so we all talk about the actual picks.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #16
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

wouldnt be mad at miller or dareus....
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #17
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I would live with a Miller pick if we could still manage someone like Phil Taylor, although it looks like he might be a late first rounder now.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #18
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
These things are all a waste of time. Every year we get infatuated with this sily sideshow called the mock draft and every year they prove how the only thing we can know at this point, is that we don't know much of anything. I'm already burned out on it, so while I want Peterson I've lost intereste in the endless debate. Let's just get the thing done so we all talk about the actual picks.
I actually really enjoy them, with nothing else of interest that is football related at this time of year, it's every fans chance to hope and dream about the future of their football team.

Fans and media commentators like to pretend that they're GMs or HC's and that they could run the team better than the people who are getting paid to do it (in some cases it might be true!)

I prefer the actual season and I love the reports that come out of TC, but until then, if idle draft speculation is all I have to entertain me then I'll take what I can get
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #19
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
According to NFL Network’s Albert Breer on Twitter, “Logic is after Newton, Gabbert go, QB-needy teams will remain near top of Rd 2 w/rest of QBs still on the board. Commence game of leapfrog.”

There are a handful of quarterbacks who could go late in the first or early in the second round. Teams such as Carolina, Denver, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Arizona, Cleveland, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Miami, Jacksonville, Seattle and even Indianapolis have all been rumored at some point to be interested in one of the top seven quarterbacks.

We already know Auburn’s Cam Newton and Missouri’s Blaine Gabbert will be the first to go in the top 15 selections, but then there is still Washington’s Jake Locker, Arkansas’ Ryan Mallett, Florida State’s Christian Ponder, TCU’s Andy Dalton and Nevada’s Colin Kaepernick who have all been rumored to go anywhere between the middle of the first round to the middle of the second round.

As the draft quickly approaches, quarterback-needy teams will realize that they have a chance to acquire one of the two quarterbacks they desire.

We already expect New England to make an attempt to acquire more draft picks. San Diego is rumored to be trying to trade back into the first round. I believe we could see Miami and New York Jets trade down. Last but not least on the rumor mill, Denver could trade back into the first to select Ponder, according to NFL draft analyst Chris Steuber per Rotoworld.

A part of me just died.
I'm telling you Elway is playing some poker! Nothing to see here move along
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #20
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Of course Peterson is not going in the top five. Any poster with half a brain has been saying this from the get go.

But let all the fools clamor for Peterson. It doesn't matter, we are not taking him.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #21
beardedwonder
Rookie

go america. go broncos.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Who ever created this falls out of the top 6.3 billion
beardedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #22
pricejj
jungle

Miller was a special player in his college career. Dareus was... solid.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

is anyone but me starting to get the feeling that you are dreading the draft, because you believe our new Triumvirate is going to do something incredibly stupid?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #24
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Von and Elvis coming from the blind side together would be epic.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:56 AM   #25
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Von and Elvis coming from the blind side together would be epic.
It'll be interesting to see how they use Miller if he is the selection.

I'm guessing he'll play SAM linebacker in the base defense and then shift to DE opposite Elvis in our pass defense. Miller and Dumervil coming off the edges with Ayers playing UT in the nickel sounds like something I can get on board with, so I'm warming up to Miller after being against the pick early on.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote