The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Colin Kaepernick?

from draftinsider:
Quote:
- SI.com picked up a story this weekend we’ve been holding for ten days. Sources have told us a while ago they expect the Denver Broncos to draft a quarterback this year and it could be early. Many familiar with the situation told us Tim Tebow is not the quarterback for John Elway- and with the future Hall of Fame passer calling many of the shots for the franchise a signal caller is a priority. Colin Kaepernick of Nevada at the top of round two makes the most sense. The team has already worked out Kaepernick and will bring him in for a visit next week. Sources have also said the team will draft a playmaking tight end at some point in the draft. Julius Thomas is one of the players they seem to be targeting. Teams have been impressed with his football smarts and love his upside.
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5189

elway has shown almost zero true public support for tebow, hell even harbaugh is giving alex smith a ton of support at SF, but tebow is getting nothing but "hes not there, we will look at all options" etc. i truly wonder why this is given he has SUCH a high upside thats obvious to nearly everyone. even the "kyle orton is the starter" talk instead of the usual "every position is open for competition" that has been going on, its all just strange.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

How can a legit draft website in April have a top 100 list from February
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

This is why I hope we can trade down out and stock pile some 2nd 3rd and maybe even 4th round picks.

If they want to take a flyer on a QB early in the 2nd then they would still have enough picks to get a couple DT's mid draft.

I would be surprised if they did not go after the top TE in this draft. Right now we do not have a pass catching TE...or a blocking TE.

Also if they do pickup a QB in the 1st or 2nd round they really should move Orton or Tebow. No sense having 4 QB's on the roster when we need to fill so many other holes.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

I think its possible, only if we trade away orton first.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
schaaf

Kaepernick is more of a project than Tebow.. **** this
Old 04-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i dont mind it if its like pack did with rodgers and brohm, but this team has way too many needs to worry about QB when there is a potential star already on the roster...
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
and with the future Hall of Fame passer calling many of the shots...
WTF
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
Retire #30!!!
TD for HOF

Stay Classy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

I live in Reno saw his whole career, good athlete won't translate to next level. And he is as smart as Nate Webster stay away.
Retire #30!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #9
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I think a QB in the early 2nd is a real possibility.

I sincerely hope we don't, but I don't think we can rule it out as a possibility
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
yerner
Ring of Famer

As much as I believe Tebow is a fullback, I think waiting until the next years crop of QB's is a wiser option. I'd take Luck or Barkley and probably a few others over the qb's in this draft.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
As much as I believe Tebow is a fullback, I think waiting until the next years crop of QB's is a wiser option. I'd take Luck or Barkley and probably a few others over the qb's in this draft.
Agreed.

Plus let's not give up on Tebow now. We might as well give him a year to play, we're not going anywhere next year anyway. And if he does fail miserably, we'll be positioned in the draft to take Luck.

Unless the idea would be to trade Tebow while he's still somewhat of an unknown commodity.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #12
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Way to go with the risky pick.

After all the crap we heard during the hiring process about how the coach had to love Tebow, I'll really question the direction of this ship if they abandon him. And if they draft a QB high, that's exactly what they've done. When you have a Favre on your roster, yeah you can draft a Rodgers. He knows he's the QBOTF and just had to wait his turn. When you have two youngsters on the team though and both think they're the QBOTF (and have the pedigree to have high expectations), you're just asking for trouble. Noone would do that.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Eugh...
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Agreed.

Plus let's not give up on Tebow now. We might as well give him a year to play, we're not going anywhere next year anyway. And if he does fail miserably, we'll be positioned in the draft to take Luck.

Unless the idea would be to trade Tebow while he's still somewhat of an unknown commodity.
I know this is a stretch but, I'll say it anyway. Is it possible FO wants to rid itself of anything McD related ie Tebow. If our plan is to trade Tebow I would not play him.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

...These articles...

If this is how locked out NFL will be, then heaven help football fans.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #16
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I know this is a stretch but, I'll say it anyway. Is it possible FO wants to rid itself of anything McD related ie Tebow.

That would be dumb. Give up on a player simply because the unpopular former coach picked him. If that happens then this franchise is in for a longer stretch of suck.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #17
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I'm pretty sick with this front office. Kaepernick is not a bad choice however, if only because having another quarterback that can play the same game as Tim could be a huge asset and to our ability to re-orient the offense around Tebow.

What pisses me off, endlessly, is that this organization is classless in how they are playing this out in the media. Compare and contrast how the Rockies treat their players, with how the Broncos are.

It's like watching the entire Hillis debacle, this time more painfully and slowly.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Keep em guessing John
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #19
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

is it so hard to build a team and let Tebow have a year then make a decision. Because even if we draft a QB we will win less or equal amount of games. Besides it would be a PR nightmare if Tebow was traded/cut or never given a chance.
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #20
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

If Elway does this I'll seriously question his ability to lead this team. There's NO reason to draft a QB this year UNLESS we trade Orton and need a number 3. And even then it would need to be a late pick. If we blow a 2nd or 3rd on a draft that has so many talented D linemen I'm going to go nuts.

Seriously, if Tebow sucks (and I don't think he will) play him, get another high pick next year and draft ****ing Luck but don't blow a pick THIS YEAR.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #21
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Elway might be setting up for next year, assuming that this year doesn't happen due to lockout. If that happens, and if Carolina does go ahead and draft Newton, then Luck would be available next year. Elway can then go draft his "mini-me"
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #22
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Plus I'm having a really crappy day at work.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #23
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Kaepernick is more of a project than Tebow.. **** this
Love this projection. Like Montana, Brady and Kolb.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Obviously, this is all speculation and Kaepernick was the writers suggestion, not what he "heard" from Bronco brass, but what baffles me most about this QB insistence is this is the exact thing that pissed off Broncos fans during the McD regime. Getting rid of players before even trying them out. The proper course of action, action no one could blame Elway for, would be to give tim a shot and if its an epic fail, start over. If he doesnt, and drafts a passer early in the draft, he's already putting himself behind the 8 ball before the broncos play a game.

Doesnt make sense.

Also, lets just say the Broncos draft a QB, to me it still makes sense to keep Tim for goal line situations. The goal line offense problem, an annual achilles heel for the broncos, DISAPPEARED...100 percent DISAPPEARED when they finally decided to use Tim in the new role.

THAT is a weapon.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #25
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
The proper course of action, action no one could blame Elway for, would be to give tim a shot and if its an epic fail, start over.
Of the many reasons I don't believe for a second that Denver will draft a QB in 2011 (Assuming no CBA)....This is the biggest.

It's an instant out for Elway, and Fox for that matter. And not just Tebow....All 3 QB's on the roster were acquired by McD. Start one or the other and let the chips fall where they may in 2011.

If things don't pan out....Blame McD and reassess next March.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote