The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Could BDawk play weakside LB for us?

If Ian Gold and Wesley Woodyard can play LB in the 4-3, why can't BDawk?

He is too slow for safety, and he is probably to0 undersized to play LB, so what do you do with him? I don't want to cut or bench him, because you want his leadership, attitude, and energy on the field.

Think he could play weakside LB at 6'0 225 pounds?

Too late to teach an old dog new tricks? Has any 10 year strong safety ever been moved to LB in a 4-3 before.

BDawk is on the team, but where?
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

No.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
No.
Well that settles that.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Well that settles that.
Yea, it's a done deal.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

I thought he'd make a better QB so we can move Tebow to TE.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Dawkins had the two year shelf life when he was signed, the two years are done, he's done. Hopefully McBath or Bruton step into his role at safety. Or McCarthy.

If McBath or Bruton can't play NFL safety, then we'll have to draft one.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Dawkins had the two year shelf life when he was signed, the two years are done, he's done. Hopefully McBath or Bruton step into his role at safety. Or McCarthy.

If McBath or Bruton can't play NFL safety, then we'll have to draft one.
Or sign one. Which is better option then the draft this year.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
No.
But why not?
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #9
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Dawkins had the two year shelf life when he was signed, the two years are done, he's done.
Well, they didn't cut him. So he must be in the plans for starting strong safety.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Hopefully McBath or Bruton step into his role at safety. Or McCarthy.

If McBath or Bruton can't play NFL safety, then we'll have to draft one.
McBath -- too small and weak to play strong safety? I know he was drafted as a free safety and he has the build of one.

Bruton -- Prototypical size to play strong safety, but is way too mechanical and stiff. I'm sure we could get by with him, but he is not suppose to be a starter in the NFL.

McCarthy -- who knows.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #11
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
But why not?
Because he's 37 years old and coming off a season where he missed five games because of a knee injury.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #12
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Because he's 37 years old and coming off a season where he missed five games because of a knee injury.
I get that. So why haven't they cut him yet? They got rid of the dead weight from last year already (Williams, Bannan).

Everything you wrote points to him not even playing football next year, much less playing strong safety.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #13
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,140

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

This is what happens when your franchise is in a state of disarray, folks....

Enjoy it.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #14
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
This is what happens when your franchise is in a state of disarray, folks....

Enjoy it.
Coming from a Chiefs fan, I have to take your word for it. You guys are an expert on disarray.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #15
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,140

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Coming from a Chiefs fan, I have to take your word for it. You guys are an expert on disarray.
This kind of thread is EXACTLY what was a hot topic on Chiefsplanet about two years ago. In fact there were numerous discussions about moving Bernard Pollard to weakside linebacker.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #16
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
I get that. So why haven't they cut him yet? They got rid of the dead weight from last year already (Williams, Bannan).

Everything you wrote points to him not even playing football next year, much less playing strong safety.
There's a huge difference between not moving a player to a position he's probably never played (guessing he was a middle linebacker in a vanilla defense in high school) and cutting a player because he can't play.

He's a borderline HOF Strong Safety. Leave him there.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
This is what happens when your franchise is in a state of disarray, folks....

Enjoy it.
But then again, give us about 10 straight years of drafting in the top ten like the Chiefs were doing before you start pointing fingers.

There is no possible way we could be that bad for that long. Or is it?
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

We need to sign a veteran S if Dawkins is done. No way we go into the season with what's on our roster behind him.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #19
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,140

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
But then again, give us about 10 straight years of drafting in the top ten like the Chiefs were doing before you start pointing fingers.

There is no possible way we could be that bad for that long. Or is it?
Ten straight years? Bub, it was three.

Even so, it feels like 10.

You got year one finished with. So look forward to about six wins in the next two years....
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #20
bronco0608
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Ten straight years? Bub, it was three.

Even so, it feels like 10.

You got year one finished with. So look forward to about six wins in the next two years....
At one point, you have to reload. We had been great to mediocre for about 15 seasons before last year.

It all comes down to Tebow. Either he is it, or isn't. And if he isn't, this franchise is going to be bad for a while.

It should be interesting.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #21
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
We need to sign a veteran S if Dawkins is done. No way we go into the season with what's on our roster behind him.
I agree with this completely, but I don't think there's any 'if' involved. I'd love to be wrong about it, but he looked terribly slow and old to me last year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #22
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson
 
_Oro_'s Avatar
 
Don't run that sh*t this way.

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers
Default

Maybe Josh Barrett could step in... oh.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #23
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler
 
iforgotmypassword's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 852
Default

I don't see what's so horrible with this idea. I could see him as a situational Linebacker. He could definately play strongside on passing downs. Just adding another DB to the mix, not dropping a ton of size (he plays bigger then he is also) and having him in a controlled role where he mans a TE.

Conventional wisdom would say your an idiot, B-Dawk does not fit with conventional wisdom.... they do call him weapon-x for a reason.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
I don't see what's so horrible with this idea. I could see him as a situational Linebacker. He could definately play strongside on passing downs. Just adding another DB to the mix, not dropping a ton of size (he plays bigger then he is also) and having him in a controlled role where he mans a TE.

Conventional wisdom would say your an idiot, B-Dawk does not fit with conventional wisdom.... they do call him weapon-x for a reason.
Exotic schemes belong in college.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #25
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler
 
iforgotmypassword's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Exotic schemes belong in college.
okay... I suppose we'll stick our stud strongside LB on all the ****ty TE's in our division this year.

Exotic schemes are designed to take away the opponents mismatches and create your own.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Denver Broncos