The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default Raider fans invade stadium!

Well, looks like Dodgers fans are keeping up the tradition of violence while at the games. Seems this is at least the 2nd time in recent years that someone has been seriously hurt. Last time it was a stabbing. Congrats Dodgers' fans for keeping the Cholo mentality creeping out of the bleachers and into everyone's face. When your own fans are afraid to go to the game, you know you have a problem. I hear it isnt so good to be black and at Dodgers' stadium too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ycn-8198839

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=6759255
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
AZorange1
on borrowed time

AZOrange1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dennis Smith

When you think about it, "your" teams become an extention of your dick. The "Macho" thing. My team will kick your teams ass and so on. In the year or so I have been a member of the Mane, I am very impressed with the level of intelligence on these threads. (Most anyway) I would like to think that Bronco fans are far better than what is being displayed elsewhere.
AZorange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

So glad I don't live in a ****hole city/area. Give me my hippies and coffee drinkers.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Well, looks like Dodgers fans are keeping up the tradition of violence while at the games. Seems this is at least the 2nd time in recent years that someone has been seriously hurt. Last time it was a stabbing. Congrats Dodgers' fans for keeping the Cholo mentality creeping out of the bleachers and into everyone's face. When your own fans are afraid to go to the game, you know you have a problem. I hear it isnt so good to be black and at Dodgers' stadium too.

You do realize this happens at the Big A as well? A dude got killed on opening day in 2009 and it can happen anywhere.

I hate the Raiders as much as anyone and will root against the Dodgers every chance I get but let's not pretend The Ravine is gangster central all of a sudden. On any given night there are as many multi-millionaires, power brokers & generally famous people at Chavez as there are at Staples for a Laker game.

I doubt you'd be rushing to post a derogatory Laker thread if some 'banger fan snuck into Staples and knifed a Knicks fan who was just trying to enjoy the game?

**** the Dodgers and **** the Raiders but city smack because of a minority of dickhead fans is retarded.

Show some ****ing respect to anyone who has ever been unfairly assaulted at a sporting event (or anywhere else for that matter) instead of going for a cheap dig at a team you may not like.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Im not smacking LA, Im smacking their fanbase. Yes, their was a stabbing at Angels stadium but name me any problems there that would describe going to an Angels game as unsafe. Dodger stadium has stories all the time and they are known for the cholo element to be racist against other Dodgers fans because they are black. You dont see that in Anaheim. We enbrace all colors of the Angels fanbase and if you are a fan of another team, your life isnt in jeapordy. The incident you were speaking of happened in the patio bar and of course drinking was involved and was between two Angels fans or at least not started based on team rivals. Hat, ask yourself this; "You ever hear someone say, "Im never taking my family to an Angels game!" There is not an unsafe spot in Anaheim. You cant say the same about Dodger stadium.

BTW, LA Sucks!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Well...SOMEBODY has to make baseball exciting...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #7
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

the question is, who'd they play?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Im not smacking LA, Im smacking their fanbase. Yes, their was a stabbing at Angels stadium but name me any problems there that would describe going to an Angels game as unsafe. Dodger stadium has stories all the time and they are known for the cholo element to be racist against other Dodgers fans because they are black. You dont see that in Anaheim. We enbrace all colors of the Angels fanbase and if you are a fan of another team, your life isnt in jeapordy. The incident you were speaking of happened in the patio bar and of course drinking was involved and was between two Angels fans or at least not started based on team rivals. Hat, ask yourself this; "You ever hear someone say, "Im never taking my family to an Angels game!" There is not an unsafe spot in Anaheim. You cant say the same about Dodger stadium.

BTW, LA Sucks!
I wasn't even talking about the stabbing at the Big A....I was talking about the A's fan who got laid out in the RF stands and cracked his head open on the concrete steps.

I've been going to Dodger games with friends for 30 years and have never seen anything worse than anywhere else....And Latino Dodger fans hating on Black Dodger fans? That's a new one on me.

I'd take my 7 Y.O. daughter to any Dodger game, in any section, wearing any jersey. Chavez Ravine is as safe a place to watch a baseball game as any in the country.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #9
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Now I see why you are covering for Dodgers stadium. You are a fan. Sit out in those bleachers and see what happens if an opposing fan sits there. Tuesday Night $2 day was a smashing success for all those Cholos drinking 6 hours before they went on sale day of the game. Bad elements there. You probably sit in the good seats where civilized fans sit. There is a whole other world in different parts of that stadium. Come to Anaheim Stadium when Dodgers play and see those idiots parade around just like Raiders fans do down in SD.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

A Dodger fan? Hell no! I was raised at Angel stadium and bleed red (when not orange). I don't like the NL and said in my first post that I root against the Dodgers daily.

But I am a baseball fan in general and will go to the Ravine if tickets are free and the match-up is good. It's a beautiful ballpark. Probably been to around 50 games there over the years. Mostly good seats but I have sat in every area of the stadium and never once seen any problems.

The incident in the OP could've happened anywhere. Every fan base in all four major sports has a-holes.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #11
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default San Francisco Giants Fan Beaten at Dodger Game May Have Brain Damage

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/0...-brain-damage/

LOS ANGELES – Police are searching for suspects responsible for beating a San Francisco Giants fan at Dodger Stadium after last week’s opening game.
Bryan Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic and father of two from Santa Cruz, is showing signs of brain damage and remains in critical condition after the beating. He suffered a severe skull fracture and bad bruising to his brain’s frontal lobes, said neurosurgeon Dr. Gabriel Zada.
At one point, doctors at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center had to remove the entire left side of his skull to ease pressure on his brain. The pressure is now normal but Stow remains in a coma from his injuries and from sedation to reduce his brain activity, Zada said.
"It's going to be a long recovery process," he said.
It was too early to make a prognosis but such injuries can affect memory, thinking ability and even personality, Zada said.
Stow was in a parking lot heading to a taxi stand after the Dodgers' 2-1 victory over the Giants on March 31 when two shaven-headed young men in Dodgers clothing began taunting and swearing at him and two other fans, who were all wearing Giants gear, police said.
Stow was punched in the back of the head. He fell down, bashing his head on the pavement, and was kicked before the attackers ran off.
They fled in a four-door sedan driven by a woman who had a boy with her, police said.
The suspects are described as between 18 and 25 years old, according to LAPD Detective Percy Morris. Composite sketches released by police show they both had shaved heads and thin mustaches. One suspect had a small goatee and the second had numerous tattoos on his neck.
Stow’s cousin issued a call for civility among sports fans at a news conference at the hospital Friday and thanked people across the country who have expressed support for the family.
"We would like to use this as a rallying cry to stop unnecessary violence in our greatest pastime and all other sports, not only here but abroad," said John Stow, who wore a Giants hat and jersey as he spoke.
"We have no animosity toward the people of Los Angeles. We've been received with open arms and love," said a sister, Erin Collins.
Of the attackers, she said: "They weren't true Dodger fans."
The City Council on Tuesday voted to offer a $50,000 reward for information leading to arrests. With previous offers from the Dodgers, Giants and Stow’s employer, that brings the total to $100,000. Stow’s co-workers have also set up a fund to help pay his medical expenses.
Investigators had several leads and some evidence that was recovered at the scene, Detective Jose Carrillo said. He did not provide details.
He estimated that out of some 40,000 people who streamed into the parking lot after the game, at least 100 probably were near enough to see the attack and he urged them to contact police. It was too dark for video surveillance camera to provide clear images, he said.
Investigators also were looking into unconfirmed reports that Stow's attackers punched three or four young men in Giants gear only minutes before Stow was assaulted, Carrillo said.
Stow, an enthusiastic Giants fan, was attending his first game at Dodgers Stadium and had looked forward to the game all year, his first cousin, John Stow, said.
However, he may have had some worries after arriving.
"During the game, my wife received a text message from him ... He basically said he was scared inside the stadium," John Stow said, adding that his cousin did not usually make such comments lightly.
The Giants announced plans on Tuesday to honor Stow by dedicating Monday's game against the Dodgers in San Francisco to the injured man. The Giants will collect donations from fans during the game to benefit Stow and his family. The team will make an initial contribution of $10,000 to The Bryan Stow Fund. Also, proceeds from a silent auction scheduled for that day will benefit the fund.
Additionally, on Friday during the Giants' first home game of the season, the team will pay tribute to Stow in a special ceremony before the contest.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/0...#ixzz1IiQUj5hJ
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #12
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I find it interesting that the local media is dancing around the racial make up of the rowdy sections of Dodger Stadium. Nobody wants to say it's the Latino fans. I read about five articles on this beating, none of them mentioned that the attackers are Latinos.

I don't go to many Dodger games, but I was thinking about going to one this year. I would spend the extra money and sit in the lower level. I'm assuming it's safer. But the third level, with the blue seats, you couldn't pay me to sit up there. A couple years ago I had gotten off the elevator to go to the pressbox. It was nothing but Latino fans up there, and I've heard that there are a lot of problems up there. I've heard the samethings about the bleachers.

As far as black fans being in danger, I've never heard that, but I wouldn't be suprised. Latino gang members are racist towards black people.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

jason, The producer of a now defunct sports show on the Angels official radio station (830 AM) was changing his alliance because of the way he was treated as a black Dodgers fan. It wouldnt surprise me one bit. As an Angels fan (and 99.99% of them) dont care what color or if you are here illegal. During the game, we are all one in the same. But once the game ends, get your ass back to LA! J/K
Old 04-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #14
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

This makes me sick growing up as a Dodgers fan, someone was stabbed in 2009 and I think someone was shot in 2003.

I think twice about even going to the ravine for a game, how long before Dodger fans are ****ing each other up.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:05 AM   #15
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dodgers' fans are classless pieces of ****? No way, in other news, water wet, sky blue, etc...
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
Dodgers' fans are classless pieces of ****? No way, in other news, water wet, sky blue, etc...

I don't get why people paint an entire fan base with a broad brush like that. The problem isn't "Dodger fan", but a certain type of Dodger fans that are starting to show up at games. A lot of Dodger fans don't go to games anymore because of the type of fans who are showing up to games.

I'm planning to go to a game pretty soon. I'm going to spend the extra money and sit in the lower level. My brother had a really good idea. Spend some extra money and buy a ticket from a season ticket holder from stubhub or some other site. The thugs who are showing up at Dodger games won't be sitting in those areas. They are mostly in the cheap seats. For like $6 a person can sit way up at the top. I'd never sit up there.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #17
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
jason, The producer of a now defunct sports show on the Angels official radio station (830 AM) was changing his alliance because of the way he was treated as a black Dodgers fan. It wouldnt surprise me one bit. As an Angels fan (and 99.99% of them) dont care what color or if you are here illegal. During the game, we are all one in the same. But once the game ends, get your ass back to LA! J/K
What's the guy's name? I'm thinking about doing a story on this, and that is an interesting angle.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #18
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d:-| View Post
I wasn't even talking about the stabbing at the Big A....I was talking about the A's fan who got laid out in the RF stands and cracked his head open on the concrete steps.

I've been going to Dodger games with friends for 30 years and have never seen anything worse than anywhere else....And Latino Dodger fans hating on Black Dodger fans? That's a new one on me.

I'd take my 7 Y.O. daughter to any Dodger game, in any section, wearing any jersey. Chavez Ravine is as safe a place to watch a baseball game as any in the country.
You are a lying POS. Put you, your wife and daughter in a Barry Bonds jersey and go to a game and cheer for the giants and post this same bull sh it you are trying to pedal. My bigger brother and I have done it and let me tell you, it is not for children or those that are not willing to take crap and give it right back. Doyer stadium is a **** hole and their fans are no different. Sit you and your girls ass in the bleachers wearing giants attire, you are a real piece or sh it.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #19
Malcontent
Life....on tap.

Got Mustard?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Mustard

Dodger stadium is not for the normal folks that love the game...Jets fan at halftime, rings an ugly bell too. Thats why I bought a 54 incher baby!!...Sports will die an ugly death due to these bangers that call themselves true fans.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #20
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
You are a lying POS. Put you, your wife and daughter in a Barry Bonds jersey and go to a game and cheer for the giants and post this same bull sh it you are trying to pedal. My bigger brother and I have done it and let me tell you, it is not for children or those that are not willing to take crap and give it right back. Doyer stadium is a **** hole and their fans are no different. Sit you and your girls ass in the bleachers wearing giants attire, you are a real piece or sh it.
Seriously D'?

Granted, I haven't been since 2008 but did it change that much? Maybe BCJ was right and I was just insulated with good seats all these years?

Also....I've never actually repped a rival's gear b/c I'm just not that into the NL. Never had a problem openly rooting for the Dodgers to lose though, even in the OF seats.

I'd pay good money though to sit in the upper deck with you and Bronco Mike on a bender. Don't forget....I've seen your brother almost get kicked out out of white bread Honda center.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Oh hat, do tell the story! I cant recall anyone getting kicked out of the Honda Center unless it is those moronic, Red Wings fans chucking an octopi onto the ice.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Oh hat, do tell the story! I cant recall anyone getting kicked out of the Honda Center unless it is those moronic, Red Wings fans chucking an octopi onto the ice.

Hahaha.....I met his brothers 15-ish years ago at a bar during Bronco games and been to several Ducks games with mutual friends over the last few years....

'Almost kicked out' might have been a stretch but let's just say that D's bro can be LOUD & PROUD (Yet, mostly respectful) during a Kings game at the Pond.....And one of his other friends is a Wings fan so I've seen that too!