The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default This weekend's movie to save you from the movies you hate



http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/source_code/#!reviews=all&page=1
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Definitely looks good to me.

Didn't realize it was the same director as Moon. I loved that movie.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Moon was probably my favourite movie of the past few years.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Definitely looks good to me.

Didn't realize it was the same director as Moon. I loved that movie.
it's leftwing propaganda.

the trailers and advertising for the movie do not show what it's really about. the movie is about finding a bomber. the usual leftist trope is trotted out because at first, the obvious suspect is a middle eastern guy. then the next suspect appears to be an anglo convert to islam. in both cases, the screenwriters get a chance to lecture the audience about the "evils of profiling" because both turn out to be innocent. care to guess who the eventual bomber turns out to be? yep! a middle class white guy "patriot" who is proud of his activities to try and "rebuild" the country from the rubble.

if this sounds like something you've seen before, it's because Law & Order has done about a half dozen TV episodes like this over the years.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jj...n-source-code/
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

How about a spoiler alert next time? That's a real D-Bag maneuver right there.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,317
Default

I guess there's no need to see it now that we know what happens
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,930
Default

thanks for the warning...I'll wait for the rental and b**** about it then
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 5,004

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Wow galt, that was pretty thoughtless. How bout a spoiler alert next time ffs.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Wow galt, that was pretty thoughtless. How bout a spoiler alert next time ffs.
did you guys not get the thread title?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,370

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Moon was probably my favourite movie of the past few years.
i have the dvd but haven't gotten around to it. is it really that good of a movie
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #11
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
did you guys not get the thread title?
Huh? Are you confusing the OP with Gault's post? We're talking about Gault ruining the ending in HIS post.....not the original post by Chris.

What does the thread title have to do with ruining anything? He's actually encouraging us to see it.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Huh? Are you confusing the OP with Gault's post? We're talking about Gault ruining the ending in HIS post.....not the original post by Chris.

What does the thread title have to do with ruining anything? He's actually encouraging us to see it.
lol..maybe i'm confused...I thought he was trying to warn us
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,370

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
lol..maybe i'm confused...I thought he was trying to warn us
me 2. i thought he was saying this is a movie to see to avoid the movies we hate
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

My weekend movies will be Takers and Black Swan. I have them both sitting at home. I don't know if they will get me away from movies I hate though. I might just get to add to the list of hated movies.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
How about a spoiler alert next time? That's a real D-Bag maneuver right there.
this movie doesn't deserve that courtesy. this film has yet another leftwing sucker punch ending and i'm sick of it. i'm sick of Hollywood making the typical American the enemy. in short, i'm sick of my values being attacked. i'm sick of being told that the real victims of 9/11 are American muslims. i'm sick of Hollywood movies that serve little purpose other than to push a partisan political agenda. i want this film to be a box office bomb and i really don't care if anyone thinks i'm a prick for omitting a spoiler alert. these leftwing movies have real world consequences and its time for these elitists liberals living in Malibu and Holmby Hills to get a kick in the pants.

Brian De Palma has American blood on his hands and i don't see anyone in the MSM screaming about it. his wildly anti-American movie called "Redacted" contained a fictional scene which was uploaded to Youtube as "fact" and which spurred a muslim in Germany to MURDER 2 American soldiers in cold blood.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ihadist_v.html

of course, if they made a movie about that, the muslim would be the victim and the actual murderer would be a Sarah Palin or Scott Walker supporter. that's what i'm sick of. so yeah... on this thread on this issue, i'll plead guilty to being a Dbag for omitting a spolier. but it's for a good reason.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
this movie doesn't deserve that courtesy. this film has yet another leftwing sucker punch ending and i'm sick of it. i'm sick of Hollywood making the typical American the enemy. in short, i'm sick of my values being attacked. i'm sick of being told that the real victims of 9/11 are American muslims. i'm sick of Hollywood movies that serve little purpose other than to push a partisan political agenda. i want this film to be a box office bomb and i really don't care if anyone thinks i'm a prick for omitting a spoiler alert. these leftwing movies have real world consequences and its time for these elitists liberals living in Malibu and Holmby Hills to get a kick in the pants.

Brian De Palma has American blood on his hands and i don't see anyone in the MSM screaming about it. his wildly anti-American movie called "Redacted" contained a fictional scene which was uploaded to Youtube as "fact" and which spurred a muslim in Germany to MURDER 2 American soldiers in cold blood.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ihadist_v.html

of course, if they made a movie about that, the muslim would be the victim and the actual murderer would be a Sarah Palin or Scott Walker supporter. that's what i'm sick of. so yeah... on this thread on this issue, i'll plead guilty to being a Dbag for omitting a spolier. but it's for a good reason.

thanks...
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #17
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
it's leftwing propaganda.

the trailers and advertising for the movie do not show what it's really about. the movie is about finding a bomber. the usual leftist trope is trotted out because at first, the obvious suspect is a middle eastern guy. then the next suspect appears to be an anglo convert to islam. in both cases, the screenwriters get a chance to lecture the audience about the "evils of profiling" because both turn out to be innocent. care to guess who the eventual bomber turns out to be? yep! a middle class white guy "patriot" who is proud of his activities to try and "rebuild" the country from the rubble.

if this sounds like something you've seen before, it's because Law & Order has done about a half dozen TV episodes like this over the years.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jj...n-source-code/
sounds like the PC movement strikes again.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #18
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

It's funny if you picture Bill Murray saying it in that hat.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
this movie doesn't deserve that courtesy. this film has yet another leftwing sucker punch ending and i'm sick of it. i'm sick of Hollywood making the typical American the enemy. in short, i'm sick of my values being attacked. i'm sick of being told that the real victims of 9/11 are American muslims. i'm sick of Hollywood movies that serve little purpose other than to push a partisan political agenda. i want this film to be a box office bomb and i really don't care if anyone thinks i'm a prick for omitting a spoiler alert. these leftwing movies have real world consequences and its time for these elitists liberals living in Malibu and Holmby Hills to get a kick in the pants.

Brian De Palma has American blood on his hands and i don't see anyone in the MSM screaming about it. his wildly anti-American movie called "Redacted" contained a fictional scene which was uploaded to Youtube as "fact" and which spurred a muslim in Germany to MURDER 2 American soldiers in cold blood.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ihadist_v.html

of course, if they made a movie about that, the muslim would be the victim and the actual murderer would be a Sarah Palin or Scott Walker supporter. that's what i'm sick of. so yeah... on this thread on this issue, i'll plead guilty to being a Dbag for omitting a spolier. but it's for a good reason.
What's so sad is the real enemy of the elitist left liberal agenda is the American middle class or the majority of mainstream America.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Dude the only thing elitist are the republicans who give the highest earners tax breaks and **** their constituency day in and day out. "Elitist" and left doesn't really ring true if you consider that the far left is populist / very progressive meaning they believe in government as a means for helping all social "classes". Just saying.

Anyways... go see this movie!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #21
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Dude the only thing elitist are the republicans who give the highest earners tax breaks and **** their constituency day in and day out. "Elitist" and left doesn't really ring true if you consider that the far left is populist / very progressive meaning they believe in government as a means for helping all social "classes". Just saying.

Anyways... go see this movie!
The elitists are the liberals who think most Americans are too stupid to think for themselves, therefore they have to tell us or show us how to think, and the above movie is an example of this agenda. The Academic community throughout the universities and colleges in this country fit into this agenda too.

Washington DC fits into this agenda as well. All of Washington DC, both Democrats and Republicans. Fact is, both parties are banking on apathy from you and me. Apathy from mainstream America is what got most of these morons elected.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #22
misturanderson
Ring of Famer
 
Why not?

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diago
Posts: 1,786

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas
Default

Wow, this thread got off track for no ****ing reason whatsoever except random conspiracy theory.

The movie looks kind of stupid to me. I'll probably wait until it's free on the internet.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,323

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Thought the movie looks bad. Real strong reviews though.

Saw Battle LA last night. Thought they realllllllllllllllllllllly depicted the Marine Corps incredibly accurately, especially for a sci fi-esque film.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #24
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

I think that's cynical but partly true (I don't think Obama was elected because of collective apathy). That's just my opinion though.

You're talking absolutes when that's just your political opinion.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #25
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,214
Default

Don't miss HEREAFTER and THE FIGHTER.

Both four out of four stars.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Denver Broncos