The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
Pimp.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed
Default Movies you hated but are generally enjoyed

The yin to the other thread's yang. Here's my list:

Avatar: some good things in this movie, but how do you spend $200 million on a movie and $20 on the plot?

The Empire Strikes Back: OK, sure, now everyone thinks it's weak sauce, but I've been hating on Ewoks since 1983.

And... the absolute worst movie that everyone loved of all time: The English Patient

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
The Empire Strikes Back: OK, sure, now everyone thinks it's weak sauce, but I've been hating on Ewoks since 1983.
Did you mean Return of the Jedi?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
The yin to the other thread's yang. Here's my list:

Avatar: some good things in this movie, but how do you spend $200 million on a movie and $20 on the plot?

The Empire Strikes Back: OK, sure, now everyone thinks it's weak sauce, but I've been hating on Ewoks since 1983.

And... the absolute worst movie that everyone loved of all time: The English Patient

the Ewoks are in Return of the Jedi....you're going to get reemed on this thread.

I agree about Avatar: Dancing with Wolves remake staring the Smurfs
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

For me, pretty much any movie made prior to 1960. I can appreciate the "classics" that are on every critics lists of top whatever movies of all time....for what they are. But I can't watch them. I've tried and tried, but just can't do it. The style of acting or over-acting, whatever you want to call it, I just don't like it and don't find it enjoyable at all.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Pulp Fiction...




/Flame resistant suit ON
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,189

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

The biggest travesty was Shakespeare in Love winning best picture over Saving Private Ryan.

I remember at the time them saying that the winner for Best Director almost always also wins Best Picture. Well, sure enough.....Speilberg won Best Director for Saving Private Ryan.....but did NOT get Best Picture.

What a joke.

So, yeah....I hated Shakespeare in Love.....but I assume it was well liked by most.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #7
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
Pulp Fiction...




/Flame resistant suit ON
now you've done it!

IMO, it's one of the few Tarantino movies I can watch over and over again.

I hated the Kill Bill movies
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #8
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
Pulp Fiction...




/Flame resistant suit ON
Agreed. Almost any Quentin Tarrantino movie for me.

And all those that are entirely of that certain CGIish breed like: Beowolf, 300, the Spirit, etc.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #9
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,251
Default

Inception...yawn. All that talk of dreaming must have made me sleepy

overated...
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #10
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,001

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

I detested get him to the greek. With a white hot passion.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #11
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Inception...yawn. All that talk of dreaming must have made me sleepy

overated...
Second
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #12
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,944
Default

Buried

The whole damn movie was about a guy in a damn box
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

I thought Inglorius Basterds was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. If fact, it might be number one on the list. Tarantino must have had some traumatic event happen to him when he was about thirteen, because he is locked in a middle school sensibility.

Followed by Dogma. Talk about sophomoric drivel. But probably not as sophomoric as the Austin Powers series.

But then again, leading off at number one should be Borat. That idiot should be forced to pay a fine to everybody who was cheated out of admission on that piece of ****.

Then, there is a very long list of movies (Avatar, Inception, etc. etc. etc.) which are nothing more than toys for the F/X guys to **** around with. No plot. No direction. Childishly inept and lame stories. I call them mental cotton candy. And they are the number one product being pumped out of Hollywood now. The way you can tell if you seen one of those stinkers is if somebody asks you about it the next day and you can't remember anything about it. The average video game has more depth.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #14
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Buried

The whole damn movie was about a guy in a damn box
I don't remember it being a porno.

In all seriousness, though, that wasn't exactly supposed to be a surprise going in.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #15
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
Pimp.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
I detested get him to the greek. With a white hot passion.
Funny that you say that, because I had the opposite experience. I was prepared to LOATHE this movie because of Russell Brand. But once I started watching... haven't laughed that hard in a movie in years....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #16
crowebomber
Ring of Famer
 
crowebomber's Avatar
 
Old School Sucka Fool

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: P-Town
Posts: 1,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka
Default

Any English period piece that gets Oscar nominations just seems like the same movie over and over to me. English Patient = Shakespeare in Love = The King's Speech = Sense and Sensibility.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #17
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,307

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Pick a worthless animated or comic book movie, pick any of them. *toilet flush*
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #18
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,159

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

The 6th Sense

Boring as **** and the payoff at the end isn't worth the 2+ hours it took to get there
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #19
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
Pimp.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
the Ewoks are in Return of the Jedi....you're going to get reemed on this thread.

I agree about Avatar: Dancing with Wolves remake staring the Smurfs
You're right, and I deserve the reaming, because Empire is one of my favorite movies of all time!
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #20
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,310

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Any Star Wars movie
Any Star Trek movie, not much of a scifi fan
And I'll hurry and run....Hangover, thought it was just silly
Agree on the Austin Powers, Pulp Fiction, English movies, and Borat
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #21
Mjolnir
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

American Beauty - Kevin Spacey fantasizing about nailing his daughter's high school friend = kiddie porn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #22
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
Funny that you say that, because I had the opposite experience. I was prepared to LOATHE this movie because of Russell Brand. But once I started watching... haven't laughed that hard in a movie in years....
no doubt

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #23
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
For me, pretty much any movie made prior to 1960. I can appreciate the "classics" that are on every critics lists of top whatever movies of all time....for what they are. But I can't watch them. I've tried and tried, but just can't do it. The style of acting or over-acting, whatever you want to call it, I just don't like it and don't find it enjoyable at all.
Those old movies, they take too much time developing the characters and story, so it gets boring. I saw the original Ocean's 11 after I saw the remake. Man, they didn't get to the plan scene until halfway through the movie because they were developing the characters. In the remake they got to the plan scene like 20 minutes in.

I'm all for character and plot development, but pick up the damn pace.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #24
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
American Beauty - Kevin Spacey fantasizing about nailing his daughter's high school friend = kiddie porn.
yep!!! the movie sucks, sucks, sucks sucks!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #25
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I thought Inglorius Basterds was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. If fact, it might be number one on the list. Tarantino must have had some traumatic event happen to him when he was about thirteen, because he is locked in a middle school sensibility.


But then again, leading off at number one should be Borat. That idiot should be forced to pay a fine to everybody who was cheated out of admission on that piece of ****.
I agree about Inglourious Basterds. I was expecting so much more from that movie. Like, more of the Inglourious Basterds.

I thought Borat was just dumb.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Movies you Enjoyed but are generally Hated. rugbythug Orange Mane Central Discussion 135 03-31-2011 07:07 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Denver Broncos