The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Default Cam Newton writeup in draft guide

unexpected, but believable write up on Cam Newton from a draft guide.

Quote:
Under "negatives" for Newton, Nawrocki writes, "Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl-wp657
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Ouch, he really is VY 2.0.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

...also played on same team as noted character concern Nick Fairley :-O

Haha but seriously that's a pretty damning write up.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
unexpected, but believable write up on Cam Newton from a draft guide.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl-wp657
So in other words, Cam had sex with this guys sister...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

This quote probably describes several all-pro NFL players............

Quote:
Under "negatives" for Newton, Nawrocki writes, "Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

NFL's Lebron
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
DivineBronco
Ring of Famer

if you like Cutler you are my enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post

Quote:
cough cough... Brandon Marshall....cough cough
DivineBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
Drek
Ring of Famer

Cam Newton is Tim Tebow minus two years of elite collegiate production, a Heisman, a second national championship, and unquestionable character, work ethic, and dedication.

But he does add a nice "pay to play" scandal and a daddy who likes to be real involved.

Cam Newton: Top 5 pick. Tim Tebow? Same people who love Cam think he shouldn't have been a first round pick at all.

Its going to be awesome in a few years when Tebow is a beast and Cam Newton is the next Vince Young/Fatty Russell.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i have been saying ever since the hype about how he was going to change the QB position forever in the NFL, that there was no chance in hell he becomes an elite QB in the league. the Tebow comparisons are ridiculous, sure they came from the same offense and had success in it winning a heisman and national championship, with a similar playing style, but the intangibles Tim has that he will use to make himself into a very good or even elite QB Cam lacks.

if you are looking at a guy who has the potential to possibly alter the QB position in the NFL, it is Tebow.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineBronco View Post
cough cough... Brandon Marshall....cough cough
cough cough... Jay Cutler....cough cough
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #11
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Well... it's not exactly a glowing report.

...probably shouldn't draft him @ #2
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Cam Newton is Tim Tebow minus two years of elite collegiate production, a Heisman, a second national championship, and unquestionable character, work ethic, and dedication.

But he does add a nice "pay to play" scandal and a daddy who likes to be real involved.

Cam Newton: Top 5 pick. Tim Tebow? Same people who love Cam think he shouldn't have been a first round pick at all.

Its going to be awesome in a few years when Tebow is a beast and Cam Newton is the next Vince Young/Fatty Russell.
This. The best thing about Newton is that Carolina wants him. If he goes first, Schefter is even better than I thought he was....
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

They contacted George Whitfield, Newton's quarterbacks coach.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...s-genuine.html

What's your reaction to the characterization of Cam Newton?

Whitfield: "The first thing I would say is: How would he form that impression? It's one thing to talk about his tangible attributes and another thing altogether to write what he wrote. To me, there's got to be a line between speculation and recklnessness. I read it. There is criticism and skepticism as to how genuine he is when he smiles. Wow, it’s gone past anything with traction. This is an individual who has taken the opportunity to slam Cam up against the wall in a way so that people remember this piece. Now, you’re beyond having a pragmatic approach. There has to be an agenda for this article.

"Here's a 21-year old guy who has worked his way to get to this point and his smile is being called into question about how genuine he is is. And they're calling him a selfish guy. None of that is based on anything that's factual. If you compile what was said about Cam last couple of years of his life, I don’t know how you can get those results. Mr. Nawrocki probably has an Alabama cap on his head when he's writing that stuff. If it's a responsible, professional writer sober in his own office desk, I don't see how he comes up with this. I just wonder how pragmatic he is."

What kind of person is Cam Newton?

Whitfield: "As a person, he’s the kind of guy you want in any situation. I know he’s gone through some real growth from the time he was a freshman in college, same as I did. He couldn’t be more genuine and infectious with people. People see that. When we trained at UC San Diego, he got to know all these student workers on campus and knew them all by name and would ask them how they did on exams. He spent hours at a childrens hospital with no media around and got to know three young boys with chronic illnesses. He spent a lot of time with a nine-year-old boy with chronic arthritis. Nobody saw that. He didn't want anybody to see that. He went to an inner city school to talk to kids. People talk about Team Newton and say he has a posse. He does have a posse. It's his 12-year-old younger brother and his older brother and his mom and dad. It's called a family. His personality is infectious.

"He went through so much scrutiny this year with the sheer pressure of dealing with that NCAA investigation and came out and physically and mentally performed in all those situations and Southern road game environments. He never broke down or made excuses. He has that ability to compartmentalize and separate everything to what he's going through and he’ll beat it. He has never had any issues with drugs or alcohol and he never missed classes at Auburn. A team drafting in the top five sent two private investigators to Auburn and they spent a week there They found out he never cut class. They found out he conducted himself very respectfully. They weren't scouts, they were investigators. They know how to ask questions. They found nothing derogatory. He comes from a God-fearing family. He's a good kid."

Whitfield has been working with Newton usually six days per week since January 24.

What kind of quarterback prospect is Cam Newton?

Whitfield: "As a quarterback, he’s capable of everything. There are times you get a quarterback and you get a chance to work with him and you learn about him and learn some things he does well and some things he can’t do. Some kids will never have power, accuracy and mobility, or some kids always have power and won’t be that agile. With Cam, it’s like some kind of government experiment. There's nothing he can’t do. He throws with power, throws with touch, the footwork of dropping back. He has the agility of an Allen Iverson in the open field, insane accuracy and an incredible work ethic. He's very tough. He takes everything with a lot of pride. Everything is like a personal competition with himself. If he missed a step in the ladder drill, he would take himself back and do it again. He always has that pilot light on."

How do you expect his game to translate into the NFL? There have been a lot of questions about the offense he played in at Auburn.

Whitfield: "Cam didn’t necessarily play in that Auburn offense in high school, but he excelled in it. To do that, you have to have the talent and agility and footwork. He can be moved from system to system and fit in anywhere like how Ben Roethlisberger can play in the Steelers' offense and he can do what the Raiders do. Some guys can move from playbook to playbook. Cam is one of those guys with those physical attributes."

How about the mental aspect of the game? How sharp is this guy?

Whitfield: "In terms of his football acumen, the thing I'm most impressed about by spending time with him is how hungry he is to talk football and visualize and strategize about the game. When he first came to San Diego, we talked about the national championship game and he broke down the Oregon defense and what he visiualized on a napkin. He was indicating signs of coverages and he filled up five napkins. I knew right then we were going to be in a downhill sprint. This is someone who's excited to share his insights about the game.

"He's very candid about everything, about his reads. We got into a classroom seting and I was even more impressed. During the combine meetings, he expected them to ask him about coverages and football. The teams didn't ask about that. They wanted to know about the NCAA stuff and his dad. They wanted to know him as a person first. From these visits, we're getting a lot of great feedback about the football acumen."

How successful do you expect him to be in the NFL?

Whitfield: "To predict what he'll be going forward with these traits and intangible gifts, I think he's going to be very successful. He's a winner. He's got toughness, physical and mental toughness. He's got a lot of pride. This guy would play for free. I'm sure his agent just cringed. He loves diving head-first into linebackers. He can make four or five guys miss. Rain or shine, he's going to be there and you can count on him. You can trust him. Guys are going to love running out of the tunnel with him. He's going to hit the ground running. I think he's going to do great."

Trevor Garrison is the nine-year-old with juvenile arthritis that got to know Newton in the hospital this winter.

Diagnosed with the disease five years ago, Garrison has to get several rounds of injections to treat the ailment.

"Trevor didn't know who Cam was before we met him," David Garrison, Garrison's father, told NFP. "I showed him some clips of Cam on the computer and he got pretty excited. It was neat. Cam is a very chill guy, very interested in talking to Trevor and asking him questions. He was very humble. He made me a fan. Prior to that, all I had heard was the negative stuff. I became a Cam Newton fan for life.

"Trevor's doing pretty good right now, and meeting Cam meant a lot to him. Hopefully, the medicines will do their job. He made a huge impression on me. It was awesome. Now, I will always be a Cam Newton fan. I will always follow his career. The humbleness from him was totally genuine. It was special meeting him. We'll never forget it."
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #14
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post

Quote:
Not any successful quarterbacks though.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:48 AM   #15
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Totally unprofessional. Newton was probably a jerk to him and this writer is trying to hurt him. He's only hurting his own reputation.
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:28 AM   #16
AmericanBroncFan

Everybody knows what the difference is between Tebow and Newton and it has nothing to do with football or their college careers. The White QB was torchured coming out college while the less productive black QB is being talked about like the number one overall pick.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #17
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
Everybody knows what the difference is between Tebow and Newton and it has nothing to do with football or their college careers. The White QB was torchured coming out college while the less productive black QB is being talked about like the number one overall pick.
they will both be busts.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moops View Post
Totally unprofessional. Newton was probably a jerk to him and this writer is trying to hurt him. He's only hurting his own reputation.
Speaking the truth is unprofessional?

Narwocki's reputation isn't going to be hurt at all. He's one of the best in the business.

Feel sorry for the team who drafts Newton. (Get him Carolina!)
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #19
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
Bingo. I wonder what our half-asian Potus would say about this.......
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #20
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Bingo. I wonder what our half-asian Potus would say about this.......
i'm pretty sure he'd have the SEIU draft a statement for him while he went golfing.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
They contacted George Whitfield, Newton's quarterbacks coach.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...s-genuine.html

What's your reaction to the characterization of Cam Newton?

I didn't really see a whole lot in that interview that refuted any of the criticisms.

Cam Newton right now to me comes down to his media day pseudo workout which was a blatant media stunt with no football relevance at all and I would go as far as saying it was time wasted from practice that he clearly needed that he spend getting his face in the media and landing endorsement deals, and his passing workouts, he wasn't impressive at the combine and his results from his own pro day were quite middle of the road.

I get the sense that Newton wants to be a star, I don't think he much gives a crap about how he achieves that and I fear that once you put that million dollar check in front of him and stick his face on tv a lot, he is going to be satisfied.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #22
db56
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

THIS!!

I'm tired of everbody comparing Tebow and Newton, playing QB at any level is about showing up and winning, delivering on what your supposed to do, win.

Tebow has done this on every level he has played and wasnt given a damn thing, he worked for it.

I hope i'm wrong but my gut says C. Newton= V. Young
db56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #23
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Default Nolan on the other top 'spects

AJ Green:

Weaknesses: Can be prone to drops. Questionable lower body strength. Often lackadaisical when it comes to weakside blocking. Has an alarming smile, as if he just got back from sodomizing your toddler and knows you don’t know it yet. Has a sexual fetish for women with hairy arms. Smells like a tire swing. b****ed when there wasn’t a volleyball station at the Combine. Once told friends his father was a king and that his family lived in a castle. Told this lie at age 8, which suggests a long history of not being truthful. Has Rebecca Black listed in the ARTISTS section of his iPod, which suggests he either likes Rebecca Black, or is so submissive to his girlfriend that he ceded control of the iPod’s library to her. The fact that he didn’t delete it off his iPod prior to our routine scouting seizure suggests frequent mental lapses.

Ryan Mallet:

Weaknesses: Prone to turnovers. Footwork is spotty at best. Seems to play best only in smallest moments. Drinks heavily. Smokes weed. Brushes teeth with crack. Has a gray penis, which is always a troubling sign. Standoffish. Rude. Arrogant. Still ices other bros. Once bragged that he ****ed a 14-year-old in the back of a Pizza Hut while her birthday party was going on in the event room. Transfer student. Probably a freak. Bet he listens to The Cure a lot. Eats spaghetti with his hands. Stole my girlfriend. No lie. One day she tells me she wants to break up with me, then I see her two days later hanging out with this ****face at Sonic. And it was clear that this had been going on for a while. WHY WOULD YOU DO ME LIKE THAT, APRIL? I know I wasn’t the perfect boyfriend, but to leave me for that guy? YOU VICIOUS ****.

Von Miller:

Weaknesses: Overpursues and can get caught flat-footed on trap plays. Joined the NFLPA lawsuit against the NFL, which suggests he has a problem with authority. Probably will lead a mutiny against your coach, then steal your coach’s wife and claim her as his own. Communist. Marxist. Leninist. Hitlerist. Watched The Motorcycle Diaries and adored it. Big fan of Tommy Craggs. Probably reads way too much. May have “ideas” for how to scheme things, like a little know-it-all b****. Will require “re-education,” if you catch my drift. Severe re-education, including the Schlereth Urine Torture.

Nick Fairley:

Weaknesses: Lazy. Lazy. LAZZZZYYYYYY. Took 47 hours to exit his mother’s womb during childbirth. Once refused to get off the Bubba Tub at Wet N’ Wild even though the park was closing at dusk. Has never once put his plate in the sink after eating. Just leaves the plate there, expecting the goddamn magic fairies to clean it up. Says he’s on your way to your party when he’s still at home and hasn’t even showered yet. Was once hospitalized with exhaustion after reading a TV Guide. Shoots at canned goods to open them. Will refuse to give you driving directions even if he knows precisely where you’re going.

Blaine Gabbert:

Weaknesses: Homosexual. Obvious from first name. Slurps down cum like it’s fresh milk. Slow to get to third and fourth reads because too busy thinking of hot, gorgeous men with thick, steely thighs and beautiful hard cocks. Probably steals quick glances at cock in the locker room. Can’t be trusted alone in a room with a receiver after meetings.

Da'Quan Bowers:

Weaknesses: Violent. God, he’s just so terribly violent to people he loves. You should see him make his girlfriend fly across the room. She’s just a little, delicate thing. Yet he beats on her as if she’s made of oak. The drinking. The mood swings. Catch him on the wrong day and you feel as if you’ve walked into a cyclone. Once chained a dog to his bed and whipped it with a copper wire. Then again, you gotta love a player with a nasty streak.

...Nolan layin' the wood.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...tml#more-35626
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote