The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default Plutonium detected at Fu-kushima

The plant is now leaking Plutonium -- see press release below -- the most toxic substance known in the universe. Plutonium does not exist in Nature -- but is created in the bowels of nuclear reactors. Now it appears to be belching from reactor # 3 -- which used a mixed fuel including recycled Plutonium.

The biggest threat is not from external radiation -- which will not reach us. Rather, the main threat is from the dispersal of a witches brew of extremely radioactive isotopes -- around the planet. Some like Plutonium are long lived. Plutonium has a half life of 24,000+ years -- essentially forever in human terms.

These particles will get into the water and foods chain -- then into the body where they will cause leukemia, cancers and many other diseases -- not to mention the damage to the human genome.

Michio Kaku now rates the accident as a 6 out of 7. Chernobyl was a 7.

The anti nuclear argument is now vindicated. The hard nuclear path is simply too dangerous. The soft path of solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, hydrogen, etc is much more forgiving. You can make mistakes on the soft path -- with very little consequence.

Notice Reuters says that the detection of Plutonium will not stop work at the plant. They have little choice at this point but to persist.
MHG

Plutonium find will not stop work at Japan plant - TEPCO

TOKYO, March 29 | Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:25am EDT
(Reuters) - The discovery of plutonium at five places within Japan's damaged ***ushima Daiichi nuclear complex will not cause work there to be suspended, plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co said on Tuesday. (Reporting by Yoko Nishikawa; Writing by Andrew Cawthorne)
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
DrFate
Lord of Order

According to wikipedia, plutonium does exist in nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium

"Plutonium is the heaviest primordial element, by virtue of its most stable isotope, plutonium-244, whose half-life of about 80 million years is just long enough for the element to be found in trace quantities in nature."
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Tebow eats isotopes and ****s out Plutonium, it ain't no thang...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

we need to find a delorean and get doc brown on the phone to install the flux capacitor, load up the plutonium and gun it to 88 then go stop McD from trading Hillis.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh run for your lives there's a **** cloud coming.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

REPENT!!!! for the end is near!
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

First the Denver fans and now this disaster......both rated a 6.

Coincidence or conspiracy?
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I have a question.

Why can't we just shoot radioactive **** into space? I know it's expensive, but can you put a price on the health of our planet?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I have a question.

Why can't we just shoot radioactive **** into space? I know it's expensive, but can you put a price on the health of our planet?
I guess these guys hate us too

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #10
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

All they needed was backup power to keep the coolant pumps working, but they f'd up that basic necessity. OTOH, I've seen many an industry f up backup power systems. The longer you go without needing backup power, the more backup power gets neglected.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
I have a question.

I was wondering the same thing. I also wonder though, if that would trigger a reaction of just shuttling excess into space on a regular basis. As long as we could ensure that it wouldn't become a regular ordeal, and that there is ABSOLUTELY no possible way it could somehow come back to bite us in the ass (somehow ending up in our atmosphere or whatever), then I'd be for it.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I also wonder though, if that would trigger a reaction of just shuttling excess into space on a regular basis. As long as we could ensure that it wouldn't become a regular ordeal, and that there is ABSOLUTELY no possible way it could somehow come back to bite us in the ass (somehow ending up in our atmosphere or whatever), then I'd be for it.
I was thinking like shoot it at Venus or something. lol.

Watch some aliens come whoop our ass for it though.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #13
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
The main problem is that if you have a Challenger type accident, you spread that bad stuff over a large portion of the planet's surface.

And the rate of failure for missions of that nature is much higher than say commercial air travel.
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What happens if we shoot it into space and an anomoly happens and it blows up in our atmosphere. It's way too risky. Once they get the technology to build an elevator to space it's a much more viable option.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #15
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It is belching plutonium? Is that why you can get the exact same readings in your back yard? There is plutonium in all soil that was distributed by nuclear bomb testing. If you would even try reading, you would know that they know 3 of those 5 sites have nothing to do with the reactors. Two of them may have something to do with the reactors...

Last edited by jhns; 03-28-2011 at 01:16 PM..
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
I have a question.

I thought about this but then I thought what happens when you have a whole ****load of this on a rocket and it gets 500 feet in the air and explodes ?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well, that one guy and his kid sent their Iphone into space with 1 weather baloon.

I think we could pretty easily get it into space if we wanted.

Get it into space, then load it up on a rocket and send it for the sun. That way even if we miss the sun, it will get sucked into its gravitational pull and we will not have to worry about that plutonium falling back down to earth.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
The plant is now leaking Plutonium -- see press release below -- the most toxic substance known in the universe. Plutonium does not exist in Nature -- but is created in the bowels of nuclear reactors. Now it appears to be belching from reactor # 3 -- which used a mixed fuel including recycled Plutonium.

The biggest threat is not from external radiation -- which will not reach us. Rather, the main threat is from the dispersal of a witches brew of extremely radioactive isotopes -- around the planet. Some like Plutonium are long lived. Plutonium has a half life of 24,000+ years -- essentially forever in human terms.

These particles will get into the water and foods chain -- then into the body where they will cause leukemia, cancers and many other diseases -- not to mention the damage to the human genome.

Michio Kaku now rates the accident as a 6 out of 7. Chernobyl was a 7.

The anti nuclear argument is now vindicated. The hard nuclear path is simply too dangerous. The soft path of solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, hydrogen, etc is much more forgiving. You can make mistakes on the soft path -- with very little consequence.
Toxic, bowels, belching, witches brew, radioactive, forever, water supply and food chain, cancer, Chernobyl, vindicated......

OH NOES!!!!!

Propaganda much?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #19
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I wouldn't want to be a politician and face the voters with a plan to put a nuclear reactor in their back yard. Voters would stone you on the spot.

Nuclear power is dead, dead, dead in America.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #20
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I wouldn't want to be a politician and face the voters with a plan to put a nuclear reactor in their back yard. Voters would stone you on the spot.

Soooooo disagree.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Soooooo disagree.
You gotta get through the voters first. I just don't see it. I don't see how you can.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #22
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
In other news, the anti airplane movement was vindicated yesterday when the Wright brothers crashed in their newfangled machine while traveling across the U.S.

A witness to the event had this to say:

"Clearly these "planes" are a complete distaster. Wood is a terrible material to make a vehicle out of and engines throw rods all the time. Heck, the pilot isn't even strapped in!"

Last edited by Fedaykin; 03-28-2011 at 01:47 PM..
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #23
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I have a question.

The whole planet is radioactive. Do you know where radon gas comes from? It comes from the decay of naturally occuring uranium in the soil.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post

Thanks to people like Gaff.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #25
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Thanks to people like Gaff.

You could say that about the opposition of any issue. Blaming the proponents or detractors isn't really productive. At the end of the day, the perception line is drawn across the foreheads of the voters and you either win them or you don't.