The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default Any Idol watchers on here ?

I know I will probably catch all kinda crap on here but I watch Idol and I like it. So now that that's over with.

Last night was a total set up and a horrible one at that. Are they that desperate for viewers all ready ?? I mean really ?? Boot the best contestant and then save him. I'm curious if anyone disagrees with me on this.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

I don't think it was a set up, and I have newfound respect for JLo and Steven Tyler-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Grover
Rookie

I watch Idol and enjoy the show. The results that Casey came in last this week may or may not have been a set up. I prefer to think not. He's hugely talented, but he's not the best on the show. I'd give that nod to James Durbin.

Casey's performance of Heard it Through the Grapevine was a bit too affected if you ask me, although I think his performance was about fifth worst of the group, not dead last worst.

It does make for good drama - I think its' one of, if not the, best reality show on TV right now. Two contestants need to be eliminated next week due to the save by the judges.

Voting on the show is interesting. You have a huge following in middle america and I think the "Kansas to Oklahoma Vote" does sway the results. I think the mid-country preference for talent makes the final contestants be a bit more homogenized and less edgy. Plus, the cute/pretty contestants with lesser talent remain on the show too long, whereas the edgy contestants with greater talent get removed too soon. Then in the end, you occasionally get head scratchers like Taylor Hicks winning the whole thing. I don't get that one at all.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
meangene
Ring of Famer

I agree on James Durbin, though I can't help but like (lust for) Pia. I'm really enjoying the show this year - Steven Tyler and JLo are a needed breath of fresh air. Seems to me that the eleven left are fairly evenly matched for this point in the competition and I don't think last night was a setup. Any one of them could go on any given week which makes it more interesting.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

I'll agree with the Steven, I need to party with that dude but J-lo ?? She is like a worse version of Paula. That lady needs to do us all a favor, just shut the hell up, stand there and look pretty.

I like James a lot and I'm really pullin for him to have a tourettes break down and just start railing off a mouth full of cuss words. That would be classic to hear right in the middle of a song.

I'm an Orange beard bass player so I guess I'm a little Bias towards Kacey. I still think he has the best talent. It also fresh, it's not something you hear everyday and I like that.

Last edited by Quoydogs; 03-25-2011 at 10:51 AM..
Old 03-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I'll agree with the Steven, I need to party with that dude but J-lo ?? She is like a worse version of Paula. That lady needs to do us all a favor, just shut the hell up stand there and look pretty.
My respect for JLO comes from my own prior impressions of her-I always wondered if she was only for JLO, a Diva if you will, but I have seen empathy and caring in her, something I didn't think she had-

I do agree that she gets wordy, but from my point of view she is just trying to help-I see her struggle everytime someone gets let go. I thought she had a heart of stone, something she clearly does not-

Ane who knew Steven Tyler had a sense of humor? I really have learned to like him, and he seemed impressed to have Stevie Wonder sing him Happy Birthday-

Randy needs to go, however-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
Grover
Rookie

Totally agree with your assessment of Jennifer Lopez. She's got heart and class, and I didn't know enough about her before Idol to know if she had any substance to her that matters. So I wondered if she was a "real" person, and it appears she is. Steven and J-Lo offer a much needed boost to the talent and participation of the judges, especially after Kara and Ellen and Paula.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Casey was my second favorite until he sang Teen Spirit. May favorite is Pia. She has the best voice and the look. I also like the 15 year olds voice. I've really enjoyed JLo and Tyler but damn give some constructive criticism. No, they aren't all good. And please God send Nieva or whatever her name is home.....and Paul.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Casey was my second favorite until he sang Teen Spirit. May favorite is Pia. She has the best voice and the look. I also like the 15 year olds voice. I've really enjoyed JLo and Tyler but damn give some constructive criticism. No, they aren't all good. And please God send Nieva or whatever her name is home.....and Paul.
Kinda like Paul. He is like a modern day Rod Stewart. He makes me smile. If any on them need to leave it Scotty. J-lo needs to go man, she is like Paula without the drugs. At least when Paula was all coked up it was fun to make fun of her.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I think it becomes a bit easier if you break it down into categories:

best voice- Pia and Jacob

most musically talented- Casey

best all-around performer- James

Those are the only ones I can see making it all that far into the post American idol music world. This is the first season of the show that i've followed. I've watched a few episodes from the others but its refreshing in this season that they have some different styles involved such as gospel/classic r&b with Jacob, a more cheap trick than queen rock dude in James and a blues true musician type in Casey.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Agree on Naima - a Randy save! He is so out of touch.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

Pia is gorgeous and can sing.... She's the best one this year. Not even considering she's Italian, which automatically makes her "the bomb"....
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoor View Post
Pia is gorgeous and can sing.... She's the best one this year. Not even considering she's Italian, which automatically makes her "the bomb"....
I said it in front of my wife, "That girl has got it!" Beautiful and talented. She has the whole package and will be everywhere if she makes it top 5 which she easily should do. Naima has one major problem....her ****ed up teeth. Get those things fixed before you smile. As for the whole cast, I think they are talented but Laura or Lauren (whatever) needs to get that baby fat off. I think the cameras help her by shying away as much as possible and feature her cute face. Jacob the gay guy (oh, he is a total flamer) has probably one of the best voices. Top 5 will be Pia, Jacob, Tourrette dude, Scotty and some other chick not 15 year old or Hailey.
As for the judges, Steven Tyler is there to dream about banging the contestants when they are of age. He doesnt give the insight as JLo or Randy does. JLo needed this gig to show the public that she has a heart and is more than just a snobby diva which she totally is one.
Why I watch the show? One of the few my wife and I do watch together and I always love the failures of the first 6 to 7 episodes. After that, you have to watch and judge to see if you feel the same way as most do. Greatest moment was seeing that America is not into a freaky girly girl boy in Brent. Him demanding everyone hold hands got on my nerve.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #14
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoor View Post

Photobucket

Old 03-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #15
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
I think it becomes a bit easier if you break it down into categories:

best voice- Pia and Jacob

most musically talented- Casey

best all-around performer- James

Those are the only ones I can see making it all that far into the post American idol music world. This is the first season of the show that i've followed. I've watched a few episodes from the others but its refreshing in this season that they have some different styles involved such as gospel/classic r&b with Jacob, a more cheap trick than queen rock dude in James and a blues true musician type in Casey.
This . I will add nobody has ever had the range and ability Jacob has. Pia is great but they were right she is boring.

This just proves my point. Whether you think Kacey is the best or not he is definitely a top 5 person. ( personally I think he is the best )

This is why I say they staged that BS last night.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #16
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I only watched previous seasons to see people embarrassed but since they changed people, I don't watch anymore. I always thought there were some that clearly couldn't sing so being there was just an attention ploy. I like seeing them humiliated but once that ends and they start trying to be dramatic.. No thanks.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #17
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

I watch it with my wife and kids. It's fun.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #18
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I was a huge fan until Adam lambert ruined the show for me. That screechy, over dramatic broadway style made me murdery. Than I had to listen to a weekly slobbering fest. I hate when people think something is good because it's flashy.

I won't watch it again.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:49 AM   #19
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Casey's version of "Grapevine" was a cheesy, poor imitation of the original. He was the worst of the bunch, this week. Pia sang the song brilliantly, but I felt like I was watching a lounge singer from the 20s. She could have done anything with the arrangement, and, instead, put me to sleep. Those two performances were the worst of the week, for me...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #20
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

And did you see that dress on Jennifer Lopez?
She must have to peel that thing off!

Is there more Folgers Mrs Olsen?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:20 AM   #21
beardedwonder
Rookie

go america. go broncos.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is why Americas IQ has gone down.. We use to watch stuff like millionaire and jeopardy.. Even Seinfeld was smart humor.. The contest madeyou think lol.....American idol and jersey shore are on the same level

Last edited by beardedwonder; 03-26-2011 at 03:24 AM..
beardedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #22
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Is Jennifer Lopez aging backwards? she looks great.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #23
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin' Bronco View Post
Is Jennifer Lopez aging backwards? she looks great.
I think so, did you see that blue eye shadow she had on? OMG! Took me back to the 70's
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedwonder View Post
This is why Americas IQ has gone down.. We use to watch stuff like millionaire and jeopardy.. Even Seinfeld was smart humor.. The contest madeyou think lol.....American idol and jersey shore are on the same level
The only thing I watch that isn't real-ish is NCIS. Otherwise, unless the wife is watching by herself, it's sports, history channel, discovery channel, wheel of fortune (wife drags me into that one), or Jeopardy in my house.

These other shows people watch... just fascinate me. You really want to watch someone take care of all their kids? Grreeeeaaaaaatttttttt... you can have bathtime AND story time with our kid tonight. (Who doesn't want to live out their favorite TV shows?!) Same with all the party shows. If you're able to watch people get liquored up and make asses of themselves OR get liquored up yourself... who sits on the couch there?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #25
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Crap TV. Makes you dumb.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote