The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default Words of Wisdom

baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Do you have a favorite?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do you have a favorite?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." - Marcus Aurelius

"In the end'? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends." - Doctor Manhattan(Watchmen)

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

"Whatever Happens, Happens." - Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God(Futurama)

"Music is the only religion that delivers the goods" - Frank Zappa

"It takes the greatest kind of wisdom to know when to apply injustice." - Donna Hawthorne(A Scanner Darkly)

"If anyone can show me, and prove to me, that I am wrong in thought or deed, I will gladly change. I seek the truth, which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm." - Marcus Aurelius

"Some use statistics as a drunk use a light pole; for support instead of enlightenment." - Andreas Heldal-Lund

"Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to be alone in solitude." - Faye Valentine(Cowboy Bebop)

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm not an aethist, cause that's something you have to believe...I'm just a person who thinks...that if there was someone judging me(and I'm sure there's noone like that), then I'd be fine." - George Carlin

"In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. And then, in that very moment when I love them-" "-You beat them."- Ender & Valentine Wiggin(Ender's Game)

"If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die." - Duke Orsino(Twelfth Night)

"For what is good cannot be made evil by the will of men." - Bartoleme de las Casas

"What condemnation could possibly be more harsh than one's own when self-pretense is no longer possible?" - Albert(What Dreams May Come)

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged." - Cardinal Richelieu

"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain." - Winston Churchill

"Quod Sumus Hoc Eritis(So you are, you shall be)." - Latin Proverb

"My mind is my own church." - Thomas Paine

"To the young friend of truth and beauty who would inquire of me how, despite all the opposition of his century, he is to satisfy the noble impulses of his heart, I would make answer: impart to the world you would influence a direction toward the good, and the quiet rhythm of time will bring it to fulfillment."- Friedrich Schiller

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." - Bertrand Russell

"There is nothing more oppressive than a well-meaning sympathizer on the loose." - Wayne Mayfield(The Practice)

"A mind is like a wound; if it's too open you get an infection." - Judge Roberta Kittleson(The Practice)

"I may happen to contradict myself but, as Demades said, I never contradict truth." - Michel de Montaigne

"I was formed by nature to be a mathematically curious entity. Not one but half of two." - Niels Bohr(Copenhagen)

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” - Plato

"In the end I think of music as saving grace for all humanity." - Henry Miller

"When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice--there is no other." - Francisco d'Anconia(Atlas Shrugged)

"Why don't you tell me what you think of me, Mr. Roark?"
"But I don't think of you." - Ellsworth Toohey & Howard Roark(The Fountainhead)

"So you discovered you're not a businessman after all."
"No, I'm just a man."
"An ancient race."- Harmonica & Frank(Once Upon a Time in the West)

"It is the mark of adulthood to, ultimately, no longer base your life on anything taken on authority." - Rev. Tom Curran

"All things are poison and nothing is without poison, only the dose permits something not to be poisonous." - Paracelsus
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote