The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Cover of Tebow's Book

Name:  TebowFB.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  87.4 KB
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

"With Nathan Whitaker"

Yay Ghost Writing!
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,780

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Looks like it will be offered for The Kindle as well. Nice.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Official theme song



Reminds me of

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

The title with the addition of a ghost writer is very amusing, imo.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Shouldn't it just be black leather with a little white cross.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Shouldn't it just be black leather with a little white cross.
Marilyn Manson took that one.


Through my eyes and Nathan Whitaker's soft hands.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #9
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The title with the addition of a ghost writer is very amusing, imo.
At least he didn't need a freaking entire Council of Nicea to decide what to put in and what to leave out.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #10
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,617

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
At least he didn't need a freaking entire Council of Nicea to decide what to put in and what to leave out.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
At least he didn't need a freaking entire Council of Nicea to decide what to put in and what to leave out.
I lold. Rep.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
At least he didn't need a freaking entire Council of Nicea to decide what to put in and what to leave out.
I never thought I'd see the Council of Nicea uttered on the OM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,098

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Not sure its such a good idea to write an autobiography before he's even a starting QB in the NFL?

This is where the marketing hype around Tebow and his religioIUS fervor get a bit ahead of themselves IMHO.

Love the kid and his attitude for the most part, but outside of college he is starting from scratch here and has yet to prove he's got it on the big stage before writing an autobiography.

Maybe his handlers advice to him was to strike while the iron is for sure hot and get the sales and build the mythology even more before the fact ... just in case his NFL career winds up a shadow of his college exploits.

I hope he becomes all world .. but just saying this strikes me as a mis-step on his part.

Would be a lot more authoritative and inspiring when written after a couple SB wins and a long glorious career in Orange and Blue.

In any event 'Go Tebow!' but now go out and prove it wasn't premature!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #14
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Not sure its such a good idea to write an autobiography before he's even a starting QB in the NFL?

This is where the marketing hype around Tebow and his religioIUS fervor get a bit ahead of themselves IMHO.

Love the kid and his attitude for the most part, but outside of college he is starting from scratch here and has yet to prove he's got it on the big stage before writing an autobiography.

Maybe his handlers advice to him was to strike while the iron is for sure hot and get the sales and build the mythology even more before the fact ... just in case his NFL career winds up a shadow of his college exploits.

I hope he becomes all world .. but just saying this strikes me as a mis-step on his part.

Would be a lot more authoritative and inspiring when written after a couple SB wins and a long glorious career in Orange and Blue.

In any event 'Go Tebow!' but now go out and prove it wasn't premature!
There are alot of teenagers and young adults that will read that book.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #15
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

I hope it's laminated.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #16
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
I hope it's laminated.
Or at least embossed rich Corithian Leather.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIL3fbGbU2o
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,486

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I don't have a problem with ghost writers. In cases like these, the writer spends a significant amount of time with the player and interviews them non-stop. Then he pulls out the major themes and organizes the things that the player said and transcribes them in a way that is fit for reading. The material is still coming from the player.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #18
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,780

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Surprised nobody's grabbed that pic for an avy yet.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #19
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't have a problem with ghost writers. In cases like these, the writer spends a significant amount of time with the player and interviews them non-stop. Then he pulls out the major themes and organizes the things that the player said and transcribes them in a way that is fit for reading. The material is still coming from the player.
And it could be said that the writer is guided by God so whatever's in the book is literally true.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #20
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d:-| View Post
Surprised nobody's grabbed that pic for an avy yet.
I find it emoish. And a bit disturbing. But then a guy of 26 or so who so far as I know has never had a real job or done anything beyond playing college football writing a book about life is .... a little bit disturbing.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #21
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
And it could be said that the writer is guided by God so whatever's in the book is literally true.
Its so cool to come to Tebow threads to take sucker punches at Christianity.

That makes you supersmart and ubercool.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #22
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,780

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
I find it emoish.
Me too, but there's no shortage of emo posters around here.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #23
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
I find it emoish. And a bit disturbing. But then a guy of 26 or so who so far as I know has never had a real job or done anything beyond playing college football writing a book about life is .... a little bit disturbing.


That guy has probably done more in his short life than you have over the entire span of yours.

You'd probably do well to take notes.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #24
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post


That guy has probably done more in his short life than you have over the entire span of yours.

You'd probably do well to take notes.
blow it out your ass. judge me = **** off.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
blow it out your ass. judge me = **** off.
Sounds funny coming from the guy who entered this thread with judgmental statements against both Christianity and Tebow.

Judgment? You obviously dont even know what that word means. It works both ways, you know.

Curmudgeon.


Last edited by epicSocialism4tw; 03-25-2011 at 01:21 PM..
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Denver Broncos