The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Default Matt Cooke

Is a sack of crap....how many people is he going to try to end the careers of before he is banned?
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I only saw bits of this game and stopped watching after it was 4-2. What did he do now?

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I only saw bits of this game and stopped watching after it was 4-2. What did he do now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB7V...layer_embedded

I wonder if Mario and Cindy will still want to get rid of headshots. Didnt they decide that the team should be fined for repeat offenders ? This POS has no place on the ice.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
I just remember him from the Steve Moore incident. Just cheap shots on him all night until Bertuzzi finished him off.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post

I wonder if Mario and Cindy will still want to get rid of headshots. Didnt they decide that the team should be fined for repeat offenders ? This POS has no place on the ice.
It's okay, the Pens and head hunt, slew foot, and cheap shot. It's okay BUT if it happens to them, Mario is going to give the league a stern talking to.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

That was a pretty bad flying elbow. He prolly will and should get suspended for that. Problem is....without Cooke, they won't be able to protect the stars. They have to have a couple enforcers, otherwise people will keep going after Sid's head. I dont have a problem with Cooke being suspended for these hits that aren't brought about by anything...that's fair, but I have no problem using him to retaliate when people go after our stars (i.e. prepare to get your ass beat Victor Hedman).

Old 03-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
That was a pretty bad flying elbow. He prolly will and should get suspended for that. Problem is....without Cooke, they won't be able to protect the stars. They have to have a couple enforcers, otherwise people will keep going after Sid's head. I dont have a problem with Cooke being suspended for these hits that aren't brought about by anything...that's fair, but I have no problem using him to retaliate when people go after our stars.
The Rangers do fine protecting their own with a cheap shot artist. Dale Hunter got what 30 games for the shot on Turegeon, because he is a Pen, Cooke will get 2 games and end someones career again (just like Savard).
Old 03-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
The Rangers do fine protecting their own with a cheap shot artist. Dale Hunter got what 30 games for the shot on Turegeon, because he is a Pen, Cooke will get 2 games and end someones career again (just like Savard).
Avery is a cheap shot artist. He might not be as bad as Cooke and he might be more into agitation, but lets not pretend he's not a cheap shotter, too.

IMO, Cooke will get at least 5 games...maybe 10.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Avery is a cheap shot artist. He might not be as bad as Cooke and he might be more into agitation, but lets not pretend he's not a cheap shotter, too.

IMO, Cooke will get at least 5 games...maybe 10.
whose career did Avery end? How many times did he get suspended this year? you realize he didn't play at all, right?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
whose career did Avery end? How many times did he get suspended this year? you realize he didn't play at all, right?
So Avery has to end someone's career to be a cheap shot artist? Come on man. We all know he's a biatch and a thug. He's not as bad as Cooke, but you're losing credibility by defending Avery on any issue, ever.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #11
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

The NHL is such a bush league, they never take action on this stuff, there will be something done just for show and then the wink wink, it's OK culture in the back ground that permeates this sort of thing.

It's no wonder the NHL is about 10th in interest in this country behind things like NASCAR, UFC, WWE, PGA, etc.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #12
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
So Avery has to end someone's career to be a cheap shot artist? Come on man. We all know he's a biatch and a thug. He's not as bad as Cooke, but you're losing credibility by defending Avery on any issue, ever.
you defend Cooke by saying he is needed to protect the Pens stars. You do realize that Prust does that for the Rangers and Avery hasn't done anything this year. Avery talks crap and fights, he doesn't end careers.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
you defend Cooke by saying he is needed to protect the Pens stars. You do realize that Prust does that for the Rangers and Avery hasn't done anything this year. Avery talks crap and fights, he doesn't end careers.
I didn't "defend" Cooke. I said I don't mind him going after people for retaliation purposes, but I have no problem with him getting suspended for dirty play that isn't initiated by the other side.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #14
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Matt Cook is a POS. I don't care if you need an enforcer. You can have an enforcer who is a cheapshot POS. If the NHL doesn't suspend him for at least the rest of the year I will not watch another game. With his history and the NHL cracking down on heashots he doesn't deserve to play. He has no respect for the game and I'm tired of the NHL ignoring stuff like this. How many Moore's do we they need?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #15
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
I didn't "defend" Cooke. I said I don't mind him going after people for retaliation purposes, but I have no problem with him getting suspended for dirty play that isn't initiated by the other side.
McD (the other one) did not do a thing to or with Cooke before that. He's a POS and should never wear a sweater again.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
McD (the other one) did not do a thing to or with Cooke before that. He's a POS and should never wear a sweater again.
For the 53rd time, I didn't say that the Rag player brought this about. I said above I have no problem with him being suspended for this hit. However, I have no problem with Cooke going after people when they target Sid or Geno.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
For the 53rd time, I didn't say that the Rag player brought this about. I said above I have no problem with him being suspended for this hit. However, I have no problem with Cooke going after people when they target Sid or Geno.
yeah because that makes it okay.....
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #18
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
In retaliation, its absolutely ok. This is a BILLION dollar investment, and we WILL protect him. There will never be any more David Steckel's or Victor Hedman's getting away with ****. Never again. If people go after Crosby's head, there will be a huge and massive response and I have no problem whatsoever with that.

If, however, a thug like Cooke takes a run at someone not in retaliation, then sure, he should be suspended and fined heavily for acting unacceptably and irresponsibly. In the instant case, its the latter, so I have no problem whatsoever with the NHL throwing the book at him. He did threaten that guy's long term health for no reason, so yes...he needs it coming to him.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #19
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
That was a pretty bad flying elbow. He prolly will and should get suspended for that. Problem is....without Cooke, they won't be able to protect the stars. They have to have a couple enforcers, otherwise people will keep going after Sid's head. I dont have a problem with Cooke being suspended for these hits that aren't brought about by anything...that's fair, but I have no problem using him to retaliate when people go after our stars (i.e. prepare to get your ass beat Victor Hedman).
The Red Wings do fine without enforces, if your stars aren't pussies they don't need protection.

Cooke should be banned for life, he is the biggest cheap shot artist in the game. Lets see Mario put his money where his mouth is:
Quote:
We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players. We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated and will be met with meaningful disciplinary action.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...#ixzz1HAmyorDE
Lets see him suspend Cooke, he feels he has a shared responsibility of protecting the safety of the players.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #20
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
In retaliation, its absolutely ok. This is a BILLION dollar investment, and we WILL protect him. There will never be any more David Steckel's or Victor Hedman's getting away with ****. Never again. If people go after Crosby's head, there will be a huge and massive response and I have no problem whatsoever with that.

If, however, a thug like Cooke takes a run at someone not in retaliation, then sure, he should be suspended and fined heavily for acting unacceptably and irresponsibly. In the instant case, its the latter, so I have no problem whatsoever with the NHL throwing the book at him. He did threaten that guy's long term health for no reason, so yes...he needs it coming to him.
If cooke ever did anything to retaliate i would be fine with it, but he is mostly the instigator of it, i mean who did marc savard go after to get his shot ?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #21
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
actually yeah it does, but we all know that is never the case, our pens fan friend has the cause and effect backwards. People go after cindy and geno cuz cooke is a cheapshot, not the other way around.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #22
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
actually yeah it does, but we all know that is never the case, our pens fan friend has the cause and effect backwards. People go after cindy and geno cuz cooke is a cheapshot, not the other way around.
If that were true, they wouldn't have gone after him before Cooke was on the team, but they did and guys like Laraque didn't do a hell of alot about it.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #23
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

cooke should get a paltry fine according to my inputs into the wheel.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #24
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I don't follow the hockey, so you'll have to excuse me... but isn't this one of the basic tenets of hockey? I watch the Tulsa Oilers fight other teams on occasion. Every once in a while a game brakes out where they try to use sticks to propel a black disc into a net. I think this is to give the occasional breather between rounds.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:

So now your insinuating that Steckel's hit on Crosby was intentional? In no way does Steckel target Crosby. Steckel is trying to push up ice and Crosby skates into his path.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote