The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!
Default LOCKOUT - My response, what's yours?

So now we're locked out, ...

As a fan of football, "I DO NOT GIVE A FLYING F^$& WHO IS TO BLAME".
As a person, I have my opinion on who's to blame, but that's neither here nor there.
All I know is that between all the millionaires, the billionaires, the stupid, the greedy, and the ignorant people involved ... they aren't be mature enough to figure out how to divide up a $9billion dollar profit.

My response is pretty simple: If it has an NFL logo on it, I'm NOT buying it. Clothes, books, DVDs, etc, ... I'm FINISHED with buying any more NFL stuff, which will essentially give more money to these idiots who are holding my favorite sport to ransom.
I'll still watch games on TV, still go to the nearby bar to watch the NFL ticket, will still visit TGN and Mrs TGN for a game occasionally, and will still wear the Denver stuff I currently own, but I will NOT give any more money to these clowns!

I can't live without football, but I CAN live without giving any extra money to the NFL and the NFLPA. Screw them!

What about you?
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

same boat as you. if it involves me giving money directly to the NFL, consider it done.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

You could always buy the really well-made counterfeit jerseys from China on ebay. The NFL doesn't see any of that money.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Meh
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

the season will not be cancelled, the owners and players will continue with the parameters of the current CBA while the new CBA is hammered out in the courts via the real winners: lawyers.

It's the same thing that happened between 1987 and 1993, that's the way I understand it.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycot...69587896425382

I started that page... maybe it will get some attention if a lot of people join. I don't know, maybe its stupid too. Regardless, I fee the same way. The NFL will never get another dime from me as far as I can help it.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
uplink
Ring of Famer

Each team drafts 53 college players this year and the game goes on. I wish they would put more of the girls lingerie football on tv, that would be a good substitude this fall.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I don't blame either party and I won't stop buying NFL products if they are products I like. We don't have an inherent right to watch football. Each side should be concerned foremost with their own economic interests. The owners had a right to opt out of the CBA and they believe, for whatever reason, that they have sufficient leverage to force a better system for them. The players believe, for whatever reason, that decertifying and pursuing litigation, will lead to a better benefit package for them. Both are acting rationally. It does make me sad that because of the lockout, I might not be able to attend camp which I was looking forward to, but I'm not going to blame the parties for doing what they believe is in their best economic interest. That's perfectly rational. We're not entitled to anything.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I don't blame either party and I won't stop buying NFL products if they are products I like. We don't have an inherent right to watch football. Each side should be concerned foremost with their own economic interests. The owners had a right to opt out of the CBA and they believe, for whatever reason, that they have sufficient leverage to force a better system for them. The players believe, for whatever reason, that decertifying and pursuing litigation, will lead to a better benefit package for them. Both are acting rationally. It does make me sad that because of the lockout, I might not be able to attend camp which I was looking forward to, but I'm not going to blame the parties for doing what they believe is in their best economic interest. That's perfectly rational. We're not entitled to anything.
The thing that the players and the owners are not taking into consideration though is that they are a brand. The very people that buy into their brand are the very same people that are going to be the most upset by all of this (i.e. the OP). While I think that while both sides have the right to do what they did and very legitimate reasons as to why they did it, I think that ultimately their bottom lines will be affect more by a lockout than either side is willing to concede.

Me personally, I don't care about either side and wont really have any kind of emotional reaction until I go to turn on the TV the first week of football and it's infomercials instead.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #10
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #11
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Everyone is to blame here, owners, players and even rookies who even haven't played a down yet. What makes me sick is when a player gets drafted and when traing camp starts then they want to hold out for more money, give me a friggin break, not once have they ever played in 1 friggin game but yet they want to hold out because of so called not enough money, well then pack your @#$% up and go get a real friggin job and see how that goes for you, in the real world you get offered a job you take it, people all over are just trying to live from week 2 week, bottom line is this is all a bunch of bull crap, its us the fans who make you all your money (owners and players), and it seems like none of them gives a crap about the fans but yet prices are so high to even go to a game but fans still go cause they love there team to show support, so I wish you all would show some support for your fans and get your heads out of your butts and get this deal done.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I believe in free enterprise and individuals or collective groups looking out for their own best interests. I will still be buying a Tebow jersey when I get the free dough, and one for my son too. And I'm looking forwards to getting to a game as soon as possible, and economy (and wife) allowing, even to the HOF this year.

The lockout just means that it might take longer to get to see another football game. I won't be happy if there isn't football on Sundays, but I'll be there to watch it when it finally comes back.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I agree with the opening post and I do agree with this, to a point. The part you have left out is without us fans they have nothing. They've known this was coming for how long and done nothing about it until now. It is playing out just as predicted, so to me that says this was planned to an extent and during this whole thing the one moneymaker, the biggest money maker, was shoved aside with no thought or respect.

We tune it to TV and go to stadiums to watch the product, we have helped build their state of the art stadiums, we have bought their concessions at the stadiums, including their products, WE have made their products stars. Fine, if this whole thing (a mess) is about their economic interest, they've made a horrible mistake in ****ting on their biggest economic interest, and I agree with the OP, I'm not buying their **** anymore either, actually I have enough. Maybe if more would do it, the next time they'd have this wrapped up and solved before playing lock out games and decertifying has to happen.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I have to say that if I was the owners, I wouldn't open my books either. Quite frankly, I think the owners have been as forthcoming as anyone could expect.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #15
Meck77

I think it's too early to react one way or another. I think the game has gotten way over priced in general though.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #16
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

You want to see my books?

Them's Fighting Words!!!
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I think fans should pick a week, maybe the 2nd or 3rd week of the next NFL season, and just not show up, all together. That would be amazing.

It'll never happen, but it'd be great.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
we are absolutely entitled to this sport, because without fans and their wallets there is no football. there is not 9 billion ridiculous dollars for them to split among 2-4000 some odd people. to act like these two groups dont have a responsibility to work this out to provide this to the fans is silly. them arguing about such an absurd amount of money is a complete slap in the face to the multitude of fans who make 15-40k dollars a year.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #19
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Sorry players, but if you need to look at the "company books" or do not like making millions a year, go find another line of work and see what the normal hard working American goes through every day of their lifes. What bunch of ungrateful biotches.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #20
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
I think fans should pick a week, maybe the 2nd or 3rd week of the next NFL season, and just not show up, all together. That would be amazing.

It'll never happen, but it'd be great.
I like this idea.

I also like TSIguy's idea of not buying any more NFL stuff. These people are nothing more than very well compensated entertainers who have a very high opinion of themselves. I cant change the world, but I can change where I spend my money.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #21
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Sorry players, but if you need to look at the "company books" or do not like making millions a year, go find another line of work and see what the normal hard working American goes through every day of their lifes. What bunch of ungrateful biotches.
ten thumbs up. they are being offered million on tops of millions of dollars per year to be distributed, an alleged 160 million dollar cap in 2014 with 90% as floor, and its not enough. and to compensate fora 15% increase in cap, you know the owners will raise prices of everything 30%. regardless, fans get screwed.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #22
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

These threads are hilarious.

I'm not buying a $20 hat!!!

But I will still feed into billions of dollars that is TV revenue!!!

Wake up kiddies, TV is runs the NFL.

But have fun with your little "boycotts."
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
These threads are hilarious.

I'm not buying a $20 hat!!!

But I will still feed into billions of dollars that is TV revenue!!!

Wake up kiddies, TV is runs the NFL.

But have fun with your little "boycotts."
a good percent of the people here have directtv ticket, and i imagine atleast a few will cancel over this. a 20 dollar hat is still money the NFL is no longer going to see. most of us have said we will continue to watch the games, but not continue spending money directly out of pocket.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #24
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Football is fun da players should play for free. The owners are businessmen and deserve all the money, that is how business works.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #25
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Yep, I tweeter yesterday that I was ticked at the NFLPA! Just drives me nuts! Wouldn't it be great to sue the companies we work for, then tell them to open their books, aswevseserve more? Seriously stupid!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote