The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default Birthday gift (jersey) for my sis, need sizing help

Attention! Wonderful, wise, attractive ladies of the Mane (this means all of you ), or men with football loving wives, I need some help from you.

I'm looking to buy my sister a jersey for her birthday, but haven't ever shopped for a woman before (in the jersey department).

I've tried looking up sizing, but I'm still a little hesitant on the whole thing.

Devon: about 5'5" or so, a little on the thicker side, VERY busty.

I dunno if it would be better to go with a men's jersey? As far as fitment goes, what would you all recommend?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Gonna have to go with men's sizing most likely. I've never seen a "women's cut" NFL jersey that was made for any girl over a size 4 at best.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Gonna have to go with men's sizing most likely. I've never seen a "women's cut" NFL jersey that was made for any girl over a size 4 at best.
That's kind of what I was afraid of Went to the *****sportinggoods site, and they HAVE women's, but their jersey's aren't what I'm looking for. I want to get her a M+N, but don't really see women's sizing.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
That's kind of what I was afraid of Went to the *****sportinggoods site, and they HAVE women's, but their jersey's aren't what I'm looking for. I want to get her a M+N, but don't really see women's sizing.
Go with a 1x team jersey. But beware, the cheap knockoffs do NOT run true to size (short and boxy). Better to shell out the cash for a starters, or a quality replica. Plus, they won't shrink. Always go a little 'big' because people always layer under the jersey as the weather changes.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
Go with a 1x team jersey. But beware, the cheap knockoffs do NOT run true to size (short and boxy). Better to shell out the cash for a starters, or a quality replica. Plus, they won't shrink. Always go a little 'big' because people always layer under the jersey as the weather changes.
Not sure I know exactly what that is?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
Popps
It's so easy

Can you check the size of one of her t-shirts without her noticing some day? Alteration is also an option, though you wouldn't be able to return it, of course. You could just give her one that's a little large, and throw in free alteration as part of the gift in some way?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
Not sure I know exactly what that is?
There are jerseys called "Starters" which are the official NFL jersey (they can get pricey). Most sports stores sell less expensive copies. The better ones run LONG. If you order from a catalog, I would recommend

Big and Tall.com

They have GREAT NFL stuff. Order your sis a 1x. I'm tall and chesty myself (6'1") and long waisted so those silly 'women' jerseys don't fit. Besides, the men's jerseys are long and lean. and she'll like the cut better. Go here:

http://www.kingsizedirect.com/?affil...Fc885QodTzSrOA

Good Luck!

And remember, go with the longer jerseys (some knockoffs are shorter, you'll have to compare) since your sis is 5'5" length shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Attention! Wonderful, wise, attractive ladies of the Mane (this means all of you ), or men with football loving wives, I need some help from you.

I'm looking to buy my sister a jersey for her birthday, but haven't ever shopped for a woman before (in the jersey department).

I've tried looking up sizing, but I'm still a little hesitant on the whole thing.

I dunno if it would be better to go with a men's jersey? As far as fitment goes, what would you all recommend?
Got pics?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
There are jerseys called "Starters" which are the official NFL jersey (they can get pricey). Most sports stores sell less expensive copies. The better ones run LONG. If you order from a catalog, I would recommend

Big and Tall.com

They have GREAT NFL stuff. Order your sis a 1x. I'm tall and chesty myself (6'1") and long waisted so those silly 'women' jerseys don't fit. Besides, the men's jerseys are long and lean. and she'll like the cut better. Go here:

http://www.kingsizedirect.com/?affil...Fc885QodTzSrOA

Good Luck!

And remember, go with the longer jerseys (some knockoffs are shorter, you'll have to compare) since your sis is 5'5" length shouldn't be a problem.

OOOOOOooooooh, gotcha! Great idea. I actually just went and saw her (she knows I'm getting it for her, but it's her first jersey so she's uncertain as well), and brought along MY jersey. I have an authentic Champ jersey, size 50. She actually liked the fit and feel of it...it was a LITTLE big for her length wise, so I'll have to go back and check to see what the difference is in a 48.

I'll definitely go check out the site, it sounds like that'll be the way to go. Thank so much for the help!

@ popps, thanks for the suggestion, if I can't find something from the site circle orange suggested, I might go with the alteration route.

@strafen, not a chance in hell
Old 03-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #11
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I can't believe it took so long before someone asked for pics.
I'm ashamed of you OM, ashamed.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:

Check this link out.
They have jerseys and all kind of stuff for the ladies.

http://www.nflshop.com/shop/index.js...370&cp=3473762

Size chart

Also, if you drive down to Invesco you should be able to find what you need at the broncos shop.
I believe it's on the west side of the stadium.
Very knowledgeable people and tons of neat stuff for everyone...

Last edited by strafen; 03-09-2011 at 07:22 PM..
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

my ex was similar in build. right about 5'6" but really busty. we couldn't find female cut jerseys, because from what we found out, if you have over a D cup they are not going to fit. we went and bought a size 48 reebok authentic for her. it was still a little long, but fit the body really well.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Where is that pic Meck used to have of the chick in the blue Bronco tee from 2005ish?

That is one of my favorites from the Mane.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #15
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I can't believe it took so long before someone asked for pics.
I'm ashamed of you OM, ashamed.
THIS!

Every other post in this thread should've been the "worthless without pics" response. I'm quite let down.

So, to reiterate, to multiple people now...
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
THIS!

Every other post in this thread should've been the "worthless without pics" response. I'm quite let down.

I was going to reply like this but thought, "someone beat me to it." Took WiilyNowie to actually do it correctly. You really cant count on Strafen to do it the mane way. He almost had it but with a little work, he will get there.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 03-10-2011 at 10:38 AM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
THIS!

well since boobs in threads were outlawed near the beginning of the McDaniels regime i have been under the belief any postings like that would be cause for mod harassment

(BTW is it coincidence the Broncos tanked after the outlawing of boobs?)
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #18
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
OOOOOOooooooh, gotcha! Great idea. I actually just went and saw her (she knows I'm getting it for her, but it's her first jersey so she's uncertain as well), and brought along MY jersey. I have an authentic Champ jersey, size 50. She actually liked the fit and feel of it...it was a LITTLE big for her length wise, so I'll have to go back and check to see what the difference is in a 48.

I'll definitely go check out the site, it sounds like that'll be the way to go. Thank so much for the help!

@ popps, thanks for the suggestion, if I can't find something from the site circle orange suggested, I might go with the alteration route.

@strafen, not a chance in hell
It's a small world! My brother got ME an authentic Landry Jersey (Redskins) for Christmas this year! It's the super long type (around 40") so its perfect!

Oh, another tip for your sister (and any ladies interested) when buying the men's jerseys, use the chest size for your HIPS. Mens jerseys are measured by chest sizes (42, 44, 46, etc) so if your hips match the chest measurement, you're good even if you got a lotta rack.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #19
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

thanks again for the tips everybody...ended up getting her a SWEET Mitchell and Ness white elway superbowl 33 throwback. its got the navy letters/numbers with Orange double stitching, and the superbowl patch, Size 48. Pretty cool jersey!

AND, the guy is going to fill my best friends order as well...he's getting married later this year, and is buying the groomsmen jerseys. The seller has a great selection of older stuff, so we've got an atwater, Dennis smith, sharpe, td, and elway coming as well. cheap pricing!
Old 03-12-2011, 02:29 AM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:

I sure hope that's not her in your avatar...that thing is hideous!
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #21
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
it took 3 hours and 32 minutes from the time of the OP until the first post with this... the OM is DEFINITELY in off season mode. that's almost as long as it takes Kyle Orton to scramble out of the pocket for a 4 yard gain. c'mon guys, we're better than that!

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #22
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

The beautiful lady

and the jersey

The only real differences between this and an authentic are the SB patch (piping around the yelow is a little thicker) and the M+N Logo (doesn't have the shadow box).

Otherwise, measured it all against my buddy's authentic, and it's damn near identical

Last edited by Boobs McGee; 03-12-2011 at 11:36 AM..
Old 03-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #23
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Those pics were perfect right until the end.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:45 AM   #24
andre

cant agree more ,and pls check the following link , i bought there for some women's for my wife

http://weiketrade.com/Product/Pro1145.Html
Old 11-14-2011, 03:55 AM   #25
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Knockoffs are totally the way to go.

I bought 2 authentic jerseys that got "imperfected" by the like 5th time I wore them and it pissed me the **** off. Now I just buy a new knockoff if it's bad.

And seriously, how many people are going to get within 6 inches of you to check the stitching and whatnot of a knockoff? If it even matters. Serves its purpose just fine imo.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote