The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default "Fairley's Pro Day is One of the Best Workouts I Have Ever Seen from a Defensive Lineman"

Take it for what its worth, but thats what Todd McShay said about Nick Fairley after this afternoon's workout.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6195049

There's Cam Newton stuff in there too.

Last edited by epicSocialism4tw; 03-08-2011 at 10:30 PM..
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,489

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Man I hope we land this guy. I think Fairley and Dumervil would be an amazing combo, especially on third downs.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Man I hope we land this guy. I think Fairley and Dumervil would be an amazing combo, especially on third downs.
Fairley's a bulldog. I wouldnt mind it at all if he wore Broncos orange.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,358

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

I was impressed with fairley too. His lower body is so strong. Just watch the tape of him head stomping defensless players and you will see great body lean. He is definitely not a waist bender.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

while it was probably good, it was from McShay so I really don't know what to think
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,648

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Exact quote is:

"Nick Fairly, he only did position drills, but it was ONE of the best DL worksouts I have ever seen. He has locked down a top 10 draft position possible going 1,2 or 3 or as far down as #8 to Tennessee".
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Exact quote is:

"Nick Fairly, he only did position drills, but it was ONE of the best DL worksouts I have ever seen. He has locked down a top 10 draft position possible going 1,2 or 3 or as far down as #8 to Tennessee".
Thanks for the correction.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Watch Fairley's feet. Those are sweet feet, folks. They're lightning fast for a DT. No wonder he beat everybody off of the line.

He beefed up to 297.

What do you guys think he'll play at? 310? 315? He'll naturally gain girth over the next couple of years.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #9
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

I still want to know how a guy nearly 300 pounds only puts up 22 reps on the bench. He's either not working in the weight room like he ought to, or he's got less upper body strength than you want from an interior lineman. This is the ultimate boom/bust player in this draft IMO, mainly because he's going so high.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Watch Fairley's feet. Those are sweet feet, folks. They're lightning fast for a DT. No wonder he beat everybody off of the line.

He beefed up to 297.

What do you guys think he'll play at? 310? 315? He'll naturally gain girth over the next couple of years.
Question is...has he added it as muscle or fat? He looked out of shape earlier, so now I'm wondering.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #11
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Question is...has he added it as muscle or fat? He looked out of shape earlier, so now I'm wondering.
The combine was what...a few weeks ago?

The odds are pretty good that he wouldnt put on 6 pounds of muscle over that time. Thats alot of muscle.

He probably ate 12 "The Bomb" burritos from 7-11 on his way to the workout.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #12
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
The combine was what...a few weeks ago?

The odds are pretty good that he wouldnt put on 6 pounds of muscle over that time. Thats alot of muscle.

He probably ate 12 "The Bomb" burritos from 7-11 on his way to the workout.
Maybe he stopped by Shonies Big Boy all you can eat for breakfast and returned for lunch.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #13
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

That is a big ass and thighs on Fairley.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
That is a big ass and thighs on Fairley.
I have always thought that it was funny that scouts say that thats what they look for in offensive and defensive linemen.

They like that bump in the trunk.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,886

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
The combine was what...a few weeks ago?

The odds are pretty good that he wouldnt put on 6 pounds of muscle over that time. Thats alot of muscle.

He probably ate 12 "The Bomb" burritos from 7-11 on his way to the workout.
you know you can weigh 7 pounds difference in a single day. They probably just weighed him at a diff time.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
you know you can weigh 7 pounds difference in a single day. They probably just weighed him at a diff time.
Especially if you're one of those hosses that eats everything in sight (linemen).
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #17
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,179

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

I like his talent but boy he just is missing a few upstairs...scarry to see what $$$ does to kids like this. He was academically inelligible to attend Auburn as a sr in high school...we're talkin high school. Give that $$$$ and you never can tell where motivations move. Hope we get him a mentor and fast...reminds me of trevor pryce in looks and personality.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #18
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
I like his talent but boy he just is missing a few upstairs...scarry to see what $$$ does to kids like this. He was academically inelligible to attend Auburn as a sr in high school...we're talkin high school. Give that $$$$ and you never can tell where motivations move. Hope we get him a mentor and fast...reminds me of trevor pryce in looks and personality.
You know who he looks like to me?



Biz Markie
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #19
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #20
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Fairley's a bulldog. I wouldnt mind it at all if he wore Broncos orange.
i just worry about him being that 1 game wonder player. not even 1 year wonder, he is getting all this hype from 1 game. also, the difference of is he just a nasty defender you would love to have on your team, or is he a dirty player.

i won't hate it if we got him, but i just am so much more sold on Dareus than i am on him.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #22
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #23
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Today I had one of the best club sandwiches I've ever had. One of...a couple hundred.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #24
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i just worry about him being that 1 game wonder player. not even 1 year wonder, he is getting all this hype from 1 game. also, the difference of is he just a nasty defender you would love to have on your team, or is he a dirty player.

i won't hate it if we got him, but i just am so much more sold on Dareus than i am on him.
Among Dareus, Fairley, and Bowers, I really just hope that we pick one of them. Peterson wouldnt be the end of the world, but I just hope that the team finally sees the value in shoring up the defensive line with some real difference makers instead of retreads and fill-ins.

If this team goes to bat with Vickerson and another trash heap guy...it will be another long season.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #25
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

I really wouldnt mind if the Broncos traded back a couple of spots and picked up someone like Adrian Clayborne, Von Miller, JJ Watt, or Cameron Jordan.

I would rather see them take a DT though because its the obvious hole.

Last edited by epicSocialism4tw; 03-08-2011 at 11:42 PM..
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Denver Broncos