The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default Robert Quinn highlight/lowlight (*3* videos)

Last edited by BMarsh615; 03-10-2011 at 06:41 AM..
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Freudian slip?

See below for an actual Richard Quinn highlight video.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Freudian slip?
Yeah I just caught that.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I posted a thread on this guy a while back He's pretty close to Bowers IMO, and he might wind up better. People downgrade him over the suspension but Dareus has essentially the same issue, money or inducements from an agent. That NC defense has several high ranked players we should be interested in.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
People downgrade him over the suspension but Dareus has essentially the same issue, money or inducements from an agent.
I think Quinn is downgraded more for missing an entire season of football than he is the suspension itself.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
AmericanBroncFan

He looks slow at the snap of the ball. NFL lineman will eat him for lunch coming off the ball that slow. BUST!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
He looks slow at the snap of the ball. NFL lineman will eat him for lunch coming off the ball that slow. BUST!!!!!!!!!!
Are you kidding?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I think Quinn is downgraded more for missing an entire season of football than he is the suspension itself.
Well here's something to consider with Quinn; for all those concerned about the "one year wonder" thing, Quinn may have lost a year, but he also started and was 3rd in the voting for the ACC ROY award on defense and his big year then came as a sophmore with 11 sacks and 19 TFL's. Doing it that early is usually a positive sign for an NFL future.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
Are you kidding?
There is a pause in his game. Watch the snap of the ball and him at the same time and then go watch any NFL player or Bowers for that matter. You will see a huge difference.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
There is a pause in his game. Watch the snap of the ball and him at the same time and then go watch any NFL player or Bowers for that matter. You will see a huge difference.
I pose the question because you do realize that a bevy of pro scouts looking at this guy says he's a top 10 selection, yet based on a couple minutes of video (from two seasons ago) you say he's going to be a bust. I just find it interesting how quickly we (as relatively uninformed fans) make these snap decisions, particuarly based on such flimsy evidence as a couple minutes of video.

I did look at him, and I think what I saw was hesitation as he watched to see if the play went run or pass off the snap.

Incidentally someone posted that he's Richard's brother, but I'm not sure if that's true, since they came from different states.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
I pose the question because you do realize that a bevy of pro scouts looking at this guy says he's a top 10 selection, yet based on a couple minutes of video (from two seasons ago) you say he's going to be a bust. I just find it interesting how quickly we (as relatively uninformed fans) make these snap decisions, particuarly based on such flimsy evidence as a couple minutes of video.

I did look at him, and I think what I saw was hesitation as he watched to see if the play went run or pass off the snap.

Incidentally someone posted that he's Richard's brother, but I'm not sure if that's true, since they came from different states.
I just don't like that pause. An athletic Olineman like Clady would have him pancaked by the time he decided rather it was run or pass. I don't think Bowers is a superstar either but he looks the part of a quality Dlineman. Maybe we go with a stud LB instead of Dline. We have so many holes it doesn't matter who we get first as long as they turnout to be a player. I'm glad I'm not making the pick because this could be what turns this franchise around or the pick that keeps us down for another couple years.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
I just don't like that pause. An athletic Olineman like Clady would have him pancaked by the time he decided rather it was run or pass. I don't think Bowers is a superstar either but he looks the part of a quality Dlineman. Maybe we go with a stud LB instead of Dline. We have so many holes it doesn't matter who we get first as long as they turnout to be a player. I'm glad I'm not making the pick because this could be what turns this franchise around or the pick that keeps us down for another couple years.
You understand you're watching a college sophmore on video...right?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derick Domino

Quote:
You understand you're watching a college sophmore on video...right?
I noticed that he was slightly behind on the snap too. He did, however, make some dominating plays. I would guess that coaching can correct that, if it even needs it. He seems to play patiently, letting the play flow to him. That coverage play where he almost picked it was a really good example of that.
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:58 AM   #14
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

He appears to have great quickness and moves.

Also -- great strength.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:00 AM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I posted a thread on this guy a while back He's pretty close to Bowers IMO, and he might wind up better. People downgrade him over the suspension but Dareus has essentially the same issue, money or inducements from an agent. That NC defense has several high ranked players we should be interested in.
him taking money just tells me he was so talented they paid him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #16
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Added this to the OP

Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #17
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

The guy doesn't look like he would bring anything appreciable to the defense that Dumervil doesn't already bring outside of better athleticism. If we want to play a small 4-3 front, a la Indy, he wouldn't be a bad guy to have, but I don't see anything about him that screams #2 overall. That is even more true when you consider that he hasn't played football in a year.

I'd take Bowers, Jordan, Miller and possibly even Watt as DE/pass rushers over him for this team as they all fill roles that we don't already have an elite player filling.

Last edited by misturanderson; 03-10-2011 at 07:00 AM..
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote