The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!
 
FantomForce's Avatar
 
The Incredible BULK!

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Silt, Colorado
Posts: 2,037
Default NFL.com ranks epic fails by the Raiders

Raiders fans once again reasons YOU SUCK! This goes out to all the trolls, yep NFL ranked the biggest NFL busts to ever put on a Faider Jersey http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/03/pick...e=HP_spotlight
FantomForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos
 
BroncoSojia's Avatar
 
Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas
Default

Should we really be dissing other teams about their drafting?
BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

i want to laugh, but every team has that hit and miss ratio in the draft.

hell the Broncos went almost a decade without hitting on a 1st round pick at one point under Shanahan
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i want to laugh, but every team has that hit and miss ratio in the draft.

hell the Broncos went almost a decade without hitting on a 1st round pick at one point under Shanahan
What?

First round selections under Mike:

Mobley
Pryce
Nash
Wilson
O'Neil
Middlebrooks
Lelie
Foster

DJ Williams
Cutler
Moss
Clady

There are 5-6 "busts" in that crop (depending on if you view O'Neil--multi pro bowler and multi all pro, who also returned compensation via trade when shipped out of Denver--as a bust).

There are 3 players who have been the BEST at their position in the NFL (Pryce, Wilson and Clady)

There's another in Cutler who netted a massive ROI (1st round pick and a fifth to 2 firsts a third and a player)

So, please show me where "the Broncos went almost a decade without hitting on a 1st round pick at one point under Shanahan".
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,067

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

And I wouldn't even call Lelie a bust considering, in 2004, he had 1084 yds receiving and 7 TDs....and a three year period where he averaged over 800 yds per season for us. That's not a bust IMO.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
And I wouldn't even call Lelie a bust considering, in 2004, he had 1084 yds receiving and 7 TDs....and a three year period where he averaged over 800 yds per season for us. That's not a bust IMO.
Foster also was an integral part of a unit that had over 2500 yards rushing at 4.7 ypc and only surrendered 23 sacks, AND netted compensation when it was time to move on.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Pete Carroll is a douche

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
And I wouldn't even call Lelie a bust considering, in 2004, he had 1084 yds receiving and 7 TDs....and a three year period where he averaged over 800 yds per season for us. That's not a bust IMO.
But EDDDDDDD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
What?

First round selections under Mike:

Mobley
Pryce
Nash
Wilson
O'Neil
Middlebrooks
Lelie
Foster

DJ Williams
Cutler
Moss
Clady

There are 5-6 "busts" in that crop (depending on if you view O'Neil--multi pro bowler and multi all pro, who also returned compensation via trade when shipped out of Denver--as a bust).

There are 3 players who have been the BEST at their position in the NFL (Pryce, Wilson and Clady)

There's another in Cutler who netted a massive ROI (1st round pick and a fifth to 2 firsts a third and a player)

So, please show me where "the Broncos went almost a decade without hitting on a 1st round pick at one point under Shanahan".
Pryce was good, but he was never the best DE in the game at any point in his career. I loved Al Wilson, but again, very good never the best at his position.
Clady is still early in the career. (1 great season, 1 ok season transitioning to new style of play, and 1 bad season) at what point has he been the best at his position?

O'Neal had 1 really awesome season for Denver. and BTW Denver got ass raped hard in that trade with Cincinatti. we had the 24th pick in that draft and then traded 24, O'neal and a 4th round pick to move up to 17. If he was honestly that good, we should have gotten a lot more in return for him, 24 and 117 that year, than just moving up 7 slots. Also, he went to the pro bowl that year on the strength of 2 games.

Lelie was trash. 1 good year and was only ever actually half way decent at 1 thing and that was going deep. ****ty route runner, ****ty blocker and BTW we could have had Ed Reed.

DJ has never lived up to being a 1st round pick. it might be from being constantly moved in his positions, but he has never been a huge hit.

we raped the Bears in the CUtler trade, but honestly, he did absolutely nothing for us, and only won this year in Chicago because of Peppers. Also, his career record is still beloew .500

I will give you Mobley, Pryce and Wilson as good players for us that were worth the 1st round selection. the rest while in Denver were never worth the investment.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 03-07-2011 at 11:25 AM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,067

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Foster also was an integral part of a unit that had over 2500 yards rushing at 4.7 ypc and only surrendered 23 sacks, AND netted compensation when it was time to move on.
Agreed. "Bust" is more than a little strong in his case too.

Nash, Middlebrooks and Moss are clearly the only "non-debatables" on that list.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Pete Carroll is a douche

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Foster also was an integral part of a unit that had over 2500 yards rushing at 4.7 ypc and only surrendered 23 sacks, AND netted compensation when it was time to move on.
OK You just threw all credibility out the window. Just because he played on a good unit doesn't mean he wasn't a complete failure. I always find those "part of a " stats are only worth discussing when adding to personal accolades. The fact is he had one decent season and was a colossal failure. Not even average. The only reason they drafted him was because Shanahan was caught with his pants down and panicked. The only reason he stayed on the team was Shanny hiding his embarrassment, which is the only reason he stayed on the Lions as long as he did.

And the "netted value in a trade" is hilarious. Just because other GM's are incompetent doesn't mean a players is any good and doesn't redeem a bad draft.

By this logic, Lawrence Maroney is a great player because he was "part of a record setting offense!" and "Netted value in a trade!!!"
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
What?

First round selections under Mike:

Mobley
Pryce
Nash
Wilson
O'Neil
Middlebrooks
Lelie
Foster

DJ Williams
Cutler
Moss
Clady

There are 5-6 "busts" in that crop (depending on if you view O'Neil--multi pro bowler and multi all pro, who also returned compensation via trade when shipped out of Denver--as a bust).

There are 3 players who have been the BEST at their position in the NFL (Pryce, Wilson and Clady)

There's another in Cutler who netted a massive ROI (1st round pick and a fifth to 2 firsts a third and a player)

So, please show me where "the Broncos went almost a decade without hitting on a 1st round pick at one point under Shanahan".
i never said they were busts. i am just saying that the majority of them were not worth the pick. Nash, Middlebrooks, Foster and Moss for sure.

but with what they did for the team were they truly worth 1st round picks?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #12
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Pryce was good, but he was never the best DE in the game at any point in his career. I loved Al Wilson, but again, very good never the best at his position.
Clady is still early in the career. (1 great season, 1 ok season transitioning to new style of play, and 1 bad season) at what point has he been the best at his position?

O'Neal had 1 really awesome season for Denver. and BTW Denver got ass raped hard in that trade with Cincinatti. we had the 24th pick in that draft and then traded 24, O'neal and a 4th round pick to move up to 17. If he was honestly that good, we should have gotten a lot more in return for him, 24 and 117 that year, than just moving up 7 slots. Also, he went to the pro bowl that year on the strength of 2 games.

Lelie was trash. 1 good year and was only ever actually half way decent at 1 thing and that was going deep. ****ty route runner, ****ty blocker and BTW we could have had Ed Reed.

DJ has never lived up to being a 1st round pick. it might be from being constantly moved in his positions, but he has never been a huge hit.

we raped the Bears in the CUtler trade, but honestly, he did absolutely nothing for us, and only won this year in Chicago because of Peppers. Also, his career record is still beloew .500

I will give you Mobley, Pryce and Wilson as good players for us that were worth the 1st round selection. the rest while in Denver were never worth the investment.
Worst. Post. Ever.

What is it about people on this board who refuse to back down from the dumbest arguments ever, even after they have been absolutely obliterated?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Pryce was good, but he was never the best DE in the game at any point in his career. I loved Al Wilson, but again, very good never the best at his position.
Clady is still early in the career. (1 great season, 1 ok season transitioning to new style of play, and 1 bad season) at what point has he been the best at his position?

O'Neal had 1 really awesome season for Denver. and BTW Denver got ass raped hard in that trade with Cincinatti. we had the 24th pick in that draft and then traded 24, O'neal and a 4th round pick to move up to 17. If he was honestly that good, we should have gotten a lot more in return for him, 24 and 117 that year, than just moving up 7 slots. Also, he went to the pro bowl that year on the strength of 2 games.

Lelie was trash. 1 good year and was only ever actually half way decent at 1 thing and that was going deep. ****ty route runner, ****ty blocker and BTW we could have had Ed Reed.

DJ has never lived up to being a 1st round pick. it might be from being constantly moved in his positions, but he has never been a huge hit.

we raped the Bears in the CUtler trade, but honestly, he did absolutely nothing for us, and only won this year in Chicago because of Peppers. Also, his career record is still beloew .500

I will give you Mobley, Pryce and Wilson as good players for us that were worth the 1st round selection. the rest while in Denver were never worth the investment.
I'd like to nominate this post for most ignorant diatribe of 2011.

You immediately kick things off with reference to Trevor Pryce... only as a DE. Are you 15? You remember he was a dominant DT before switching to DE right? To the tune of 2 all pros? In 1999, he was absolutely dominant. 13 sacks as a DT in only 15 games against double teams and still being stout against the run.

The rest of your post doesn't improve either. I'm not sure whether to laugh at you, or cry with you for humanity's sake.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
OK You just threw all credibility out the window. Just because he played on a good unit doesn't mean he wasn't a complete failure. I always find those "part of a " stats are only worth discussing when adding to personal accolades. The fact is he had one decent season and was a colossal failure. Not even average. The only reason they drafted him was because Shanahan was caught with his pants down and panicked. The only reason he stayed on the team was Shanny hiding his embarrassment, which is the only reason he stayed on the Lions as long as he did.

And the "netted value in a trade" is hilarious. Just because other GM's are incompetent doesn't mean a players is any good and doesn't redeem a bad draft.

By this logic, Lawrence Maroney is a great player because he was "part of a record setting offense!" and "Netted value in a trade!!!"
I called him a bust, actually. Good job recognizing that (hopefully the sarcasm comes off as thick as intended)

As for the rest of your post, he absolutely wasn't a complete failure in 2005. We had many successful OT runs to his side, and the closest thing to a starting TE we had that season was Jeb Putzier, not exactly reknowned for his blocking...

And ROI should absolutely be taken into consideration when evaluating a players overall impact. It'd be downright stupid not to.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Worst. Post. Ever.

What is it about people on this board who refuse to back down from the dumbest arguments ever, even after they have been absolutely obliterated?
so you are saying Lelie, O'Neal, Cutler, Foster, Middlebrooks, Nash, Moss and DJ are worth the 1st round selection used to get them?

i am simply pointing out that our return on investment on the field wasn't worth the 1st round selection used on them. with what they have shown in their careers, it can easily be said we would have been better served going in another direction with the picks.

i don't give a rats ass, what we got in return for them in trades. another dumbass GM mistake does not suddenly make a great player. by that logic the Pats raping us with Maroney made him a good pick because he netted them a pick.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #16
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Why do people insist that every first round pick has to be a 10-time All-Pro player to be considered not a bust?

Granted, there were some bad picks, but come on...
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'd like to nominate this post for most ignorant diatribe of 2011.

You immediately kick things off with reference to Trevor Pryce... only as a DE. Are you 15? You remember he was a dominant DT before switching to DE right? To the tune of 2 all pros? In 1999, he was absolutely dominant. 13 sacks as a DT in only 15 games against double teams and still being stout against the run.

The rest of your post doesn't improve either. I'm not sure whether to laugh at you, or cry with you for humanity's sake.
i remember Pryce moving all across the line, and what i am saying is, his versatility prevented him from becoming known as a great DE, a great pass rusher, a great DT. the fact that he was good at so many positions, prevents him from being called a great, because he was never in 1 position long enough to become known as the best at that position. also, you are talking like i came out and said the guy was trash. i said he was a very good player, but he was never the best at his position.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Foster also was an integral part of a unit that had over 2500 yards rushing at 4.7 ypc and only surrendered 23 sacks, AND netted compensation when it was time to move on.
I know you don't agree but Foster sucked and was a complete bust. A project that never worked. We won't agree but most agree with me.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Why do people insist that every first round pick has to be a 10-time All-Pro player to be considered not a bust?

Granted, there were some bad picks, but come on...
i'm not calling bust on all these guys(with the exception of Moss, Nash, Middlebrooks and FOster) i am just saying the majority of them were not worth the 1st round pick used to get them. especially when you throw into consideration players that were picked almost immediately after
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i'm not calling bust on all these guys(with the exception of Moss, Nash, Middlebrooks and FOster) i am just saying the majority of them were not worth the 1st round pick used to get them. especially when you throw into consideration players that were picked almost immediately after
And what exactly is a first-round pick worth?
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
so you are saying Lelie, O'Neal, Cutler, Foster, Middlebrooks, Nash, Moss and DJ are worth the 1st round selection used to get them?

i am simply pointing out that our return on investment on the field wasn't worth the 1st round selection used on them. with what they have shown in their careers, it can easily be said we would have been better served going in another direction with the picks.

i don't give a rats ass, what we got in return for them in trades. another dumbass GM mistake does not suddenly make a great player. by that logic the Pats raping us with Maroney made him a good pick because he netted them a pick.
Yes, I'm saying that Cutler and DJ were both worth 1st round picks any way you want to look at it. Cutler would have pulled multiple 1sts from other teams. Don't pretend like we pulled a real fast one over on the bears. He would still be worth at least one 1st if they traded him today (I feel so dirty saying that). DJ has been very solid. With the number of 1sts that bust or under preform, you have to count a solid pro like DJ as a win. So you are left with 5 of 12 draft picks that we really didn't hit on. That's hardly almost a decade. Just admit that you didn't fully think out what you were typing, and probably would have used differnt language, instead of trying to stick to your guns on this.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

McDaniels has ****ed Bronco fans up so much that we can't even make fun of the raiders anymore. Most just focus on hating the Broncos now.... That is quite an accomplishment Mr. McDaniels.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #23
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
McDaniels has ****ed Bronco fans up so much that we can't even make fun of the raiders anymore. Most just focus on hating the Broncos now.... That is quite an accomplishment Mr. McDaniels.
Seriously?

The picks we're discussing were all made by Shanahan.

Wow.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #24
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,067

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i don't give a rats ass, what we got in return for them in trades. another dumbass GM mistake does not suddenly make a great player. by that logic the Pats raping us with Maroney made him a good pick because he netted them a pick.
Ummmm, what?

Cutler cost us a first rounder and we got 2 first rounders, a starting QB and a third rounder in exchange.

Maroney cost the Pats a first rounder and they only got, what, a 6th rounder in exchange?

How are the two situations even remotely comparable?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #25
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Seriously?

The picks we're discussing were all made by Shanahan.

Wow.
How does that change what I said? I guess this is what we should expect from a Missouri education.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Denver Broncos