The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default We are #1....

California.... Yeah thats right suckers

California has taken over top spot in a race we’d rather not win.

The Golden State is now the nation’s leader when it comes to highest gas prices — surpassing Hawaii and Alaska, where gas prices are almost always the highest in the country.

KNX 1070′s Chris Sedens reports that the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded is now $3.85. Experts blame the increased price of oil and the rigors of making California’s clean-burning gasoline.

The pain at the pump is pushing up prices on food and other items as well. Wholesalers tack on delivery fees coupled with high fuel costs.

The last time California’s prices were higher than Hawaii and Alaska on a regular basis was in 2008 when the price spiked at $4.61 a gallon

Just another reason to call California home
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Arnold does not approve. He says, legalize this, and all will be fixed.

HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I threw a 20-spot into the tank yesterday and glanced at the gauge... the ****ing thing didn't move.

Luckily, my commute is about a mile.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I only drive about 10 thousand miles a year so no biggie. Still though it would be nice for them to make a law where once prices go to a certain level they drop some of the liberal gas taxes we have.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Home values have gone down though, so its a wash
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

yeah, i only drive like 7000 miles a year, in a hybrid, so im only filling up like once a month. Its hardly shocking that gas prices are high though. better hope Saudi Arabia stays stable, otherwise they are gonna be a lot higher
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I only drive about 10 thousand miles a year so no biggie. Still though it would be nice for them to make a law where once prices go to a certain level they drop some of the liberal gas taxes we have.

Hell, ill gladly pay more in gas tax if it means they'll fix the goddamn pot holes. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE NOW
Old 03-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
yeah, i only drive like 7000 miles a year, in a hybrid, so im only filling up like once a month. Its hardly shocking that gas prices are high though. better hope Saudi Arabia stays stable, otherwise they are gonna be a lot higher
If i was a president i woulddeclare war on them and take there oil. i wonder why they never do that...
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I reccomend getting a bike
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Hmm have supplies actually been disrupted in any meaningful way? Umm, NOPE! Taking it up the arse again due solely to the traders when nothing in reality has changed. Cool business if you can get it.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #11
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Lets be real.... Oil companies have posted record earnings the past couple of years. High prices is all on Obama
Old 03-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
AZorange1
on borrowed time

AZOrange1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dennis Smith

I moved to California in 1961 from New York. See ya snow. Could not have wanted a better place to grow up when I was 12-13. Loved Calif. to death. Fishing was great, surfed almost every day, and when I graduated from 1000 Oaks HS in 1967 I got a job and bought a brand new 1967 SS396 Chevelle metallic blue. Gas was 74 cents a gallon and I think my payment was 96.00 a month. I was making 6.00 an hour and had money to burn. THEN IT HAPPENED. Greetings from Uncle Sam. Time to go to Viet Nam. Worse part of the whole thing is what happened to Calif while I was gone. It turned to crap. I went to Lowry in Denver in 68 and fell in love with Colorado and stayed there until 3 years ago whern health required me to leave. Been driving pick-ups since until this year when I finally got tired of putting $40 a week in my tank and all I do is go to the store and putz around. Now I got me one of those Nissans that you only have to put gas in once a month. Miss my trucks big time (can't see nothing from down low) BUT I can drive all over the place on a tank of gas a month. It will NEVER go back below $3 a gallon and it's here to stay. Can't handle going back to Calif. even for visits, prefer to remember the way it was.
AZorange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #13
JJJ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZorange1 View Post
I moved to California in 1961 from New York. See ya snow. Could not have wanted a better place to grow up when I was 12-13. Loved Calif. to death. Fishing was great, surfed almost every day, and when I graduated from 1000 Oaks HS in 1967 I got a job and bought a brand new 1967 SS396 Chevelle metallic blue. Gas was 74 cents a gallon and I think my payment was 96.00 a month. I was making 6.00 an hour and had money to burn. THEN IT HAPPENED. Greetings from Uncle Sam. Time to go to Viet Nam. Worse part of the whole thing is what happened to Calif while I was gone. It turned to crap. I went to Lowry in Denver in 68 and fell in love with Colorado and stayed there until 3 years ago whern health required me to leave. Been driving pick-ups since until this year when I finally got tired of putting $40 a week in my tank and all I do is go to the store and putz around. Now I got me one of those Nissans that you only have to put gas in once a month. Miss my trucks big time (can't see nothing from down low) BUT I can drive all over the place on a tank of gas a month. It will NEVER go back below $3 a gallon and it's here to stay. Can't handle going back to Calif. even for visits, prefer to remember the way it was.
SoCal in the 60's and 70's was indeed a great place to grow up. Down San Diego way it was like Iowa on the beach. Lots of farms and lots and lots of open space back in the hills. Throw in the beach and it was pretty much a teenager paradise. The hills are now full with houses. Lost a lot of its charm that is for sure. Still like to go back though.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Lets be real.... Oil companies have posted record earnings the past couple of years. High prices is all on Obama
Oil prices arent controlled by America.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
Connecticut Bronco Fan
CTBF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Dennison

3.75 here today, =/

and will rise soon too the governor of CT is raising the taxes on just about everything.
Connecticut Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #16
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
If i was a president i woulddeclare war on them and take there oil. i wonder why they never do that...
Back in '03 the Bush Administration told us the Iraq war would be paid for with Iraqi oil. After the invasion they said oh what the hey - let's just not include the money in the budget & add it straight to the national debt.

I paid $4.09 in the North Bay yesterday - here's the sign they had out front:

Last edited by Ugly Duck; 03-06-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #17
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Oil prices arent controlled by America.
please read before posting.. I stated RECORD PROFITS. Not prices, though they do go directly hand in hand.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #18
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

$3.25 here in Amarillo and we have some of the higher prices in the area. Good news is the city is so damn small you are only ever on the road for 5-10 minutes at a time.
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck View Post
Back in '03 the Bush Administration told us the Iraq war would be paid for with Iraqi oil. After the invasion they said oh what the hey - let's just not include the money in the budget & add it straight to the national debt.

I paid $4.09 in the North Bay yesterday - here's the sign they had out front:

Dang, $4.09....and I thought $3.27 was BS! I lived in Colorado for about 17 years, but have now been in Iowa for about 14....never understood why gas was so cheap here, as it really is in the middle of no where....
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #20
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

$1.25 here

thats for a liter tho, and 1 Us gallon = 3.8 liters, so im paying 4.75 per gallon, and we are a net oil exporting nation, i think we are the only net exporting nation in the world actually paying market price for oil, thank god for capitalism.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #21
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Not looking forward to losing the company car and company gas card in June. ****.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #22
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I picked the wrong time to look into investing in my first personal vehicle with expected gas prices the way they are. Prices up here in Fargo are around $3.39 most places, give or take ten cents depending on where you are at. That's not bad compared to some places, but still is ridiculous.

Taking the bus to work now does just fine and that is only 40$ a month. When I move at the end of May, I'll get somewhere closer to work just so it is less of a commute.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #23
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
$1.25 here

thats for a liter tho, and 1 Us gallon = 3.8 liters, so im paying 4.75 per gallon, and we are a net oil exporting nation, i think we are the only net exporting nation in the world actually paying market price for oil, thank god for capitalism.

And I'm sure there are no taxes at all on that gasoline to support social programs...

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #24
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Peak oil. Gas prices will never go down.... they will just go up and up until it gets to $16 a gallon and then people might get serious about sustainable energy.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #25
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I own my 2005 VW Passat. My next car will be public transportation.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote