The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default My Post Combine Mock

This is MY ideal scenario and I would literally cream my jeans.

With the sheer impressive volume of DT depth, and Paea's impressive combine, I think it can send a few very valuable players into key spots for our picks.

1-2 - Patrick Peterson
2-4 - Liuget for the 3 tech
2-14 - Martez Wilson a MLB with range and adequate in traffic
3-3 - Phil Taylor at the 0
6-24 - Brandon Fusco at C. Loser of TC battle provides C/G swing depth
7-2 - Chris Culliver S (most likely a special teams gunner)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Stupid title isnt updating...

Anyways, I think Taylor being around at the start of the third is a long shot, but the rest are extremely realistic. If he's gone, we can always look to someone like Kendrick Ellis to provide NT depth
Old 03-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

I think all three of your day 2 picks are lognshots in my opinion. But I love all three of those guys as players. Corey Liuget is better than Nick Fairley in my opinion. I like Phil Taylor better than Martez Wilson for this defense but those guys are three of my favorite players in this draft. I hope for two of them at 36 and 46. Liuget has about a 1% chance of being available. Phil Taylor at 36 and Martez at 46 is a more realistic scenario, but still a bit of a longshot in my opinion.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

With the sheer impressive volume of DT depth, and Paea's impressive combine, I think it can send a few very valuable players into key spots for our picks.

1-2 - Patrick Peterson
My version would be:

1- Marcell Dareus 3T
2a- Phil Taylor or Stephen Paea NT
2b- Rahim Moore FS
3- Quan Sturdivant MLB
6- Derrick Locke RB/KR
7- BPA

I like your picks. I think Taylor is a possible 1st round pick, so him lasting until the 3rd doesn't seem likely at this point. But who knows. I can't be upset if we take Peterson, he is a stellar prospect. But I am hoping for Dareus. The much bigger need, and I think he will be a phenomenal player.
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
I think all three of your day 2 picks are lognshots in my opinion. But I love all three of those guys as players. Corey Liuget is better than Nick Fairley in my opinion. I like Phil Taylor better than Martez Wilson for this defense but those guys are three of my favorite players in this draft. I hope for two of them at 36 and 46. Liuget has about a 1% chance of being available. Phil Taylor at 36 and Martez at 46 is a more realistic scenario, but still a bit of a longshot in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
I like your picks. I think Taylor is a possible 1st round pick, so him lasting until the 3rd doesn't seem likely at this point. But who knows. I can't be upset if we take Peterson, he is a stellar prospect.
Agree on both counts. I've seen some Mocks with Taylor going in the first as well as Liuget, but I really don't think that's going to happen. Also, look at the bottom third of the first where they could go... those teams have pretty stellar and locked in DLs. At the least, they have bigger needs elsewhere and there's pretty good second half talent at other positions that will be relatively untapped at that time.

Will Taylor fall to the 3rd? Agree that it's extremely unlikely, but he's the type of player that has a history of falling. As I posted earlier, Kendrick Ellis is a great alternative for the 0 in the third if he's gone.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

1-2 - Patrick Peterson
That is great talent, but a few guys would be criminal if they were there. Also think Culliver will go much higher than that as the safety class sucks balls. Wilson is the ONLY MLB I like this year, the rest are just awful. That should push him up dramatically.

Yeah, that is a wet dream scenario
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Agree on both counts. I've seen some Mocks with Taylor going in the first as well as Liuget, but I really don't think that's going to happen. Also, look at the bottom third of the first where they could go... those teams have pretty stellar and locked in DLs. At the least, they have bigger needs elsewhere and there's pretty good second half talent at other positions that will be relatively untapped at that time.

Will Taylor fall to the 3rd? Agree that it's extremely unlikely, but he's the type of player that has a history of falling. As I posted earlier, Kendrick Ellis is a great alternative for the 0 in the third if he's gone.
I hope the CBA gets worked out prior to the draft, and we are able to pull off some trades (orton, possibly gaffney) and net some additional picks. Lots of holes to fill, and additional picks would allow us to do some movement in the draft if a player like Taylor is falling so we can go get him. I think Ellis is more of a character risk than Taylor, but if Taylor is gone he could be worth taking a chance on.
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Nice mock. I think Taylor is going to be overdraft due to the need for NTs that ability to anchor the POA.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
That is great talent, but a few guys would be criminal if they were there. Also think Culliver will go much higher than that as the safety class sucks balls. Wilson is the ONLY MLB I like this year, the rest are just awful. That should push him up dramatically.

Indeed. The saving grace is that the only teams that could use DL help in the bottom of the first would take that pass rush premium and go after guys like and Kerrigan and then the bevy of 3-4 teams that would look at a Watt, Clayborn and even Heyward before a Liuget. Also, Paea's bench is going to give SOME GM an erection early.

The Bears pick scares me. They COULD go after Liuget to fill the Tommie Harris void, but they seem satisfied with Toeaina and they really NEED some OL to get over the hump.

Once we get into the second, we'll have several teams that have already taken top DL in the first ahead of us, so it should really push him to us.

I expect Taylor to get snatched up by AZ, KC, Washington, or NYJ in the 2nd, but there's plenty of opportunity to get lucky and have them address other needs.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #10
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Hey, you got any vids of Jenkins when he was with Carolina?

The recent John Fox D stuff I've seen is primarily no nose and LDT, RDT, which has some parallels with NO's D and might Taylor off the map for Denver.

Look into that for me please
Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Hey, you got any vids of Jenkins when he was with Carolina?

The recent John Fox D stuff I've seen is primarily no nose and LDT, RDT, which has some parallels with NO's D and might Taylor off the map for Denver.

Look into that for me please
It's a different front recently, but they should be an over/stem; under front in DEN with a lot of Cover 2 and 3 behind it with the occasional 3 deep zone Blitz. They should be more conventional in DEN with the 1 Tech, 3 Tech setup.

Jenkins was the 3 tech they never really had the last few years. The other guy played the nose more often, but can not get his name for the life of me.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
It's a different front recently, but they should be an over/stem; under front in DEN with a lot of Cover 2 and 3 behind it with the occasional 3 deep zone Blitz. They should be more conventional in DEN with the 1 Tech, 3 Tech setup.

Jenkins was the 3 tech they never really had the last few years. The other guy played the nose more often, but can not get his name for the life of me.
Hmmm, thanks. I'll be furious if we do cover 2 looks without man coverage. Wasting Champ's talents and putting the pressure on THAT safety crop would be a HUGE mistake. The personnel is decent for cover 3 though.

Btw, if we took Dareus, I'm warming to the idea of playing him at the 3 so he can take more blockers off Elvis.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #13
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Hmmm, thanks. I'll be furious if we do cover 2 looks without man coverage. Wasting Champ's talents and putting the pressure on THAT safety crop would be a HUGE mistake. The personnel is decent for cover 3 though.

Btw, if we took Dareus, I'm warming to the idea of playing him at the 3 so he can take more blockers off Elvis.
They will do cover 2, 3, and 4 out of cover 2 looks. They will roll a Safety to go cover 3 out of that look and play some hard Corners instead putting a safety inot the box in cover 2 and cover 4. They will play a small percentage of man to stir things up, but they tend to really play more cover 3 with man responsibilities than pure man under or man free.

Dareus will be a Kris Jenkins type player IMHO and would fit that role perfectly. He can beat you with quickness, power, and counter moves from the 3. Plus, he is a nightmare to try and run the ball against. He will help the LB's stay clean and get the run defense respectable while still pushing the pocket and collapsing it occasionally too.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #14
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Most of the mocks I have seen have Liuget going in the mid-to-late first round.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #15
primetime714

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Most of the mocks I have seen have Liuget going in the mid-to-late first round.
Yea I can't see him making it to the 2nd. I'd love it, but we'd be VERY lucky if he was available at that pick.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

1-2 - Patrick Peterson

if we take Peterson at 2, i am going to hunt down Xanders, Fox and Elway and kick each one of them in the nuts.

i will honestly want to kick my childhood hero(Elway) in the balls. I will line that **** up like Elam when he blasted that 63 yarder and follow through on that kick.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Inthanks for the heads up on the scheme. Not alot of talk From folks.
Not a big fan of Wilson have heard he is not very heady.

I over most all the dts this year. We should be able to snag one or two. Love they are talkingabout fixing the d. Gotta love that

I keep hearing millers name wonder if they would consider him as a 2 down sob and a nickel pass rusher
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Traveler's 2011 Denver Broncos Mock Draft v3 (3/5/11)

#1 - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU, 6'-1" 220 lbs.
#2 - Phil Taylor,DT, Baylor, 6'-5" 335 lbs
#2 - Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina, 6'-3" 310 lbs.
#3 - Demarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma, 6'0" 214 lbs.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Marvin Austin, no. NO. NO.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #20
Traveler
Traveling Man!