The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default AJ HAWK release

was just release. bring him in and we can address the SAM and keep DJ at WILL
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

get him, sounds like he'll resign with the Pack though
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

My understanding is that he'll be resigning with the Pack - I would love to see him here though!
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

we have no pull to lure any players from a real team like the pack. Just forget about him even answering the phone when the agent calls with that offer.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
we have no pull to lure any players from a real team like the pack. Just forget about him even answering the phone when the agent calls with that offer.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
i don't believe that one bit.

Champ is a pull, Doom is a pull, Elway is a pull, John Fox is one of the most respected coaches in the league.

Denver is still seen as a class organization.

we didn't suddenly become Cincinatti, Cleveland or Detroit
Old 03-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post

Champ is a pull, Doom is a pull, Elway is a pull, John Fox is one of the most respected coaches in the league.

It's just cuttthemdown shooting sunshine out of his ass as per usual.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

A DE isn't a pull. An aging CB isn't a pull. Elway in his first attempt at being a GM is DEFINITELY not going to be a pull. I can't speak for Fox and his perception throughout the league so I'll defer to you on that.

Something like the mentality of Rex Ryan and the Jets is a pull. The potential to win a SB is a pull. Playing with someone who will improve your personal stats is a pull. Elvis is going to help noone but himself through his sacks and considering how terrible we've been at in the DB department, nobody would expect Champ to hold up the QB for any extended period of time to make them look better. There's too many other options for the opposing QBs.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Haha...Perfect response.

Reppage.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:

Agreed...McD still got FA's here last year after a tumultuous rookie campaign.

It'$ all about the benji$ anyway....And in Hawk's case, the pu$$y.

Gretzky went to LA for God's sake....Janet had to pursue that acting career afterall.

Last edited by HAT; 03-02-2011 at 04:34 PM..
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
A DE isn't a pull. An aging CB isn't a pull. Elway in his first attempt at being a GM is DEFINITELY not going to be a pull. I can't speak for Fox and his perception throughout the league so I'll defer to you on that.

Something like the mentality of Rex Ryan and the Jets is a pull. The potential to win a SB is a pull. Playing with someone who will improve your personal stats is a pull. Elvis is going to help noone but himself through his sacks and considering how terrible we've been at in the DB department, nobody would expect Champ to hold up the QB for any extended period of time to make them look better. There's too many other options for the opposing QBs.
the fact that Champ Bailey re-signed in Denver for millions less than he could have gotten on the open market is a pull that shows Denver is a great place to live and play is a pull and a major selling point for players

the return of an NFL sack leader to a defense is a pull

John Fox a very respected coach in the league and is well known as a players coach is a pull
Old 03-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

No sh it, It is all about $$$ plain and simple.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
the fact that Champ Bailey re-signed in Denver for millions less than he could have gotten on the open market is a pull that shows Denver is a great place to live and play is a pull and a major selling point for players

the return of an NFL sack leader to a defense is a pull

John Fox a very respected coach in the league and is well known as a players coach is a pull
I will say Denver is a pull. With Champ at this point, he could very well be ready to preserve his legacy and trying to end his career with big fanfare to make the HOF. If he goes somewhere high profile and high pressure like a NY or Dallas, he could crash and burn. I don't think he's the same player he once was either, though, so I think he's best staying as a big fish in a small pond.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #14
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

Quote:

Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

Shhh don't give the maners reason to hate you by telling the truth.

Broncos are not a pull. Players want to win and get paid. The good ones can do that both and not have to choose a team like Denver. To get the really good player we will have to draft them at this point. Then look to FA and expect to over pay.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 03-02-2011 at 11:21 PM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
She has a stronger jawline than he does. She might be a better QB also.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Elvis is going to help noone but himself through his sacks...
So his sacks don't help the team? Being accounted for by the offense, particuarly on passing downs, doesn't help his teammates? Really?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
She has a stronger jawline than he does. She might be a better QB also.

Imagine the offspring resulting from a mix of Quinn and Hawk genetics...the kid will have Kirk Douglass' jaw and chin and the forehead of Brainiac.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #19
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I will say Denver is a pull. .

Denver is not a "pull" whatsoever. This is a 4-12 disaster that requires a major project to be good, again. We've got an owner in steep decline, a poisonous rasputin whispering in his ear, a dickless pizza boy that likes to make self serving statements and deflects blame and someone with absolutely no experience at NFL GM'ing somehow being able to break ties. That's not exactly something that would inspire FA's to come here. Three of the four men currently in charge have a great deal of responsibility for this team being an embarassment of biblical proportions. Denver is a beautiful city with decent weather and good people, and John Fox does bring some credibility, but overall, we're hardly an attractive destination. What will bring FA's here is simply money and as between us and high profile, functional playoff teams, with everything else being equal top quality people will go to the latter, because the latter is not a mess and the latter is proven. If we're such a "pull", why did we have three HC candidates decline to be interviewed? That embarasses me. Thank you, Pat.

So no... we don't have any real pull. We've got a couple good players here and there, but so does everyone else.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-02-2011 at 07:23 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #20
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Grand Slam for Socal.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

Denver is not a "pull" whatsoever. This is a 4-12 disaster that requires a major project to be good, again. We've got an owner in steep decline, a poisonous rasputin whispering in his ear, a dickless pizza boy that likes to make self serving statements and deflects blame and someone with absolutely no experience at NFL GM'ing somehow being able to break ties. That's not exactly something that would inspire FA's to come here. Three of the four men currently in charge have a great deal of responsibility for this team being an embarassment of biblical proportions. Denver is a beautiful city with decent weather and good people, and John Fox does bring some credibility, but overall, we're hardly an attractive destination. What will bring FA's here is simply money and as between us and high profile, functional playoff teams, with everything else being equal top quality people will go to the latter, because the latter is not a mess and the latter is proven. If we're such a "pull", why did we have three HC candidates decline to be interviewed? That embarasses me. Thank you, Pat.

So no... we don't have any real pull. We've got a couple good players here and there, but so does everyone else.

when a guy like Champ Bailey who could have hit the open market and gotten as much as a 15million a year contract from a team closer to a super bowl title decides to stay in Denver because he loves the organization and the city, was impressed by the new HC, that is a huge mark of Denver being a great place to come play

Denver is a pull.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
We've got an owner in steep decline, a poisonous rasputin whispering in his ear, a dickless pizza boy that likes to make self serving statements and deflects blame and someone with absolutely no experience at NFL GM'ing somehow being able to break ties.

I'm sorry. This word cannot be used without Mc in front of it. Its precedent.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #23
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I didn't clarify that, I said this before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy

I was just conceding that the city of Denver is a pull. The rest of the situation is repulsing.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #24
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So his sacks don't help the team? Being accounted for by the offense, particuarly on passing downs, doesn't help his teammates? Really?
His sacks help the team but NFL people want to succeed personally. Getting a ring is part of that. That's why players are willing to abandon their own teams often times in pursuit of a ring on someone else's team. It's a league of personal acheivements.

When Jared Allen went to Minnesota, he had the Williams wall to line up next to. They helped Allen. Is some DT out there thinking "Man!, if only I could play next to Elvis!... I'd have 2 1/2 sacks next year!"... No, they aren't. A DEs play doesn't impact others in the same way. In particular, a single DE. MAYBE you could argue that a CB would like playing for a team like Balt or the Jets because of their QB pressures but there's not enough pressure in Denver, especially from one person, to make the situation overly attractive.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #25
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:

BOO!!
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote