The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2004, 10:16 AM   #176
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
I think totally frivolous is the only reason for rep at all...

The thing I can't get quite get my head around is there must actually be people who go whining to TJ about he said/she said. WTF? He ain't nobody's Mama. Even that didn't work for me. My Mama always said - fight your own battles. Jeez. Bunch of tattletales. Don't go taking it behind the scenes. Slugging it out here in the open is far more entertaining for the rest of us.
I wish Taco would release a list of the people who've e-mailed him with the most tearful complaints. That would be way more entertaining than the latest crap from ESPN.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:44 PM   #177
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I think totally frivolous is the only reason for rep at all...

The thing I can't get quite get my head around is there must actually be people who go whining to TJ about he said/she said. WTF? He ain't nobody's Mama. Even that didn't work for me. My Mama always said - fight your own battles. Jeez. Bunch of tattletales. Don't go taking it behind the scenes. Slugging it out here in the open is far more entertaining for the rest of us.
Sometimes small misunderstandings can be easily ironed out by PM chats behind the scenes... but sometimes things are going to erupt into open hostilities, too... and I have no problem with that. However... when people (potential new board members) stop by for their first visit ... do we really want their first impression of the 'Mane to be clicking on the top thread of the main board to find a knockdown, drag-out flame war? I'm not sure that's the ideal image we, as a community, want to project... and it's not like there aren't other "in the open" places to stage the entertainment.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:45 PM   #178
Tredici
Ring of Famer

You're just too perfect, Blue.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:48 PM   #179
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
You're just too perfect, Blue.
Nah... not by a long shot...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:51 PM   #180
Raider Bill

This thread is still going on?.....8 pages about something that people claim not to care about in the first place?:0.
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:17 PM   #181
Needa Pass Rush
Never say Always

Will someone please rep me? I don't care what flavor... I just need some stinkin' rep!
Needa Pass Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:49 PM   #182
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

You have to earn bad rep, you can't just beg for it.

Mock's kitten has decided to take unilateral action against a q-tip in a premptive strike....I guess he has been watching too much Faux News.

He also loves to chase my Mr. Peanut Underwear. (don't ask)

Last edited by watermock; 02-05-2004 at 10:59 PM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:13 AM   #183
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

I just gave out my first neg. rep. about 20 minutes ago.

Why are there two threads about rep on the main board? I had to pop Gonzo for starting the 2nd thread. What are the chances he retaliates?

It's funny. I gave my only neg rep to a baby who was complaining about getting neg rep. He asked for it. It's more like he advertised himself for it.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:38 AM   #184
rustyfari
Insane in the Membrane

Me and the Raiders fans have been exchanging positive rep. it seems that misery loves company.
rustyfari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:49 PM   #185
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfari
Me and the Raiders fans have been exchanging positive rep. it seems that misery loves company.
Yeah, its too bad fin fan wasn't here for the misery too!
Old 02-06-2004, 04:16 PM   #186
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77
I'm pretty sure that was me Heavy 7. I can't recall for sure. I remember you were crying that someone gave you bad rep so I believe I gave you another. If I didn't I thought about it. Who knows.

It's kinda like the Panther who was whining about getting spit on during the SB. What good does it do to cry about getting spit on or getting a neg rep.

You generally have solid takes I just thought it was amusing that you would go out of your way to complain about one neg rep. I figured if you got another you would stop complaining about it. And I believe you did.

How the heck is everyone supposed to agree with everybody's takes all the time. That is why the options for rep are.......I agree or disagree with your post. It's pretty straightforward if you ask me.

If it makes you feel any better for me to say it in the open I will. Heavy I think you were a p***Y for complaining about a neg rep you got.

I didn't always leave my name on postive rep and I didn't leave my name on your neg rep.

If you would have read the take "here" and "then" you would have noticed I have no problem getting Neg rep. My Problem was that it was a one word Expletive, with no name attach. The Person threw a one word neg rep, that didn't tell me why he or she didn't like my post or give me any info on how to improve my post.

I just think it's funny how you where so behind the new feature and trying to improve the board, yet you lowered yourself to the standards you where against? If my takes where solid why then have I never received a positive rep from you? But the minute I question why I get a one word neg rep with no clear meaning, you bash me. You tried to carry yourself as Mr. Good bar around here, yet you act like this? Meck you may be a great guy, I really don't know, but when you say one thing then do the opposite it really makes you look bad. Also popping of with you little tude (Heavy7) really makes me think less of you now more than ever (Yes I know you could give a crap). You talked a good game ,but I see the real Meck. Getting nameless one line neg rep from a KC, Raider fan that does it for fun is one thing. Getting it from a fellow Bronco fan and a person that I have talked to many times on here that was wrong. I come here for fun a to share info and Idea's not for all the B.S that goes on. Same B.S. you told me you didn't want. How can you ever expect to build the board up with the "Old Boy" mentality going on.

The person who Neg rep me sent me a PM and we worked it out there, he or she told me what there reason was and we squashed it. Seems you could have done the same thing. I didn't say names or call anyone out into the open. I just wanted the person to know how I felt about them before I knew it was them and how I felt after finding out it was them. The respect I had for both dropped a few points. Yes I did have respect for what you do, and have done for the board and the tailgating. (Yes I know you could give a crap) For now I'm done talking about this in public, and filling the board with this Negative junk. If you want to continue in PM it's all good.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:17 PM   #187
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock

You have to earn bad rep, you can't just beg for it.

Mock's kitten has decided to take unilateral action against a q-tip in a premptive strike....I guess he has been watching too much Faux News.

He also loves to chase my Mr. Peanut Underwear. (don't ask)
Come on Mock, you just popped me with a negative rep for thinking its a popularity contest and agreeing with it! I dont care mind you, when I bother to hand out rep again i might throw some back your way.

I guess, for you, I should take it as a positive comment eh?

Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:16 AM   #188
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Hey Raenos, I get bad rep and it's all your fault. I tease you about having a vacation in a hot spot like Kansas and get the black dot. I wonder if they were defending your honor or that of Kansas?

HAhahAHHAhAHhAhahahahahahaha.
If someone chooses to defend Kansas, they are on their own. Bleh.

Old Dude, were you the one that gave me bad rep for my gun picture? Thats the only one i dont know about. I think someone was just making a joke since I made the comment about "anyone give me bad rep and this is what you get" with the picture underneath.

I dont care if you give me bad rep Old Dude. I dont give you good rep and expect it in return, i give you good rep on posts I dubiously agree with and because you have some of the most solid takes on this board. Same with Tredici and Blueflame (partially, her return rep is worth 20 points i have noticed so I did try to pimp rep from here especially since TJ cant take a ****ing joke and bad rep'ed me for some stupid **** and his is also uber-weighted). I dont care anymore. bad rep good rep, whatever. I know who likes me and who doesnt now and the rest of the people I didnt like anyway so they can all just kiss my ass.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:00 PM   #189
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

That kinda came off wrong and I want to clarify. I give rep ONLY to people that deserve it. I didnt mean to imply I only give rep to blue because her rep is weighted.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #190
orange 4 life
Old School Orange

Home team qb homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
That kinda came off wrong and I want to clarify. I give rep ONLY to people that deserve it. I didnt mean to imply I only give rep to blue because her rep is weighted.
i think those of us that are familiar with your posts all know what you meant.

here's a rep question.

obviously the orange dots are good and the black dots are bad.
how do the blue dots come about?
i have a couple of those with nice comments attached.

anyway, no biggie but i was curious since when i give rep the only options are approve or disapprove so im wondering where this third choice is.
thanks in advance for an answer.

jake
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 04:18 PM   #191
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange 4 life

here's a rep question.

anyway, no biggie but i was curious since when i give rep the only options are approve or disapprove so im wondering where this third choice is.

jake
The blue dots jake are rep (either pos or neg) from people that do not have enough reputation built up yet to affect your rep rating. Its a neutral rep whether they did you for pos or neg it doesnt matter, you get no points one way or the other for it.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:20 PM   #192
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange 4 life

here's a rep question.

jake

Jake,

I was told that those are people who have little (or at the time had) not much rep themselves. The more Rep a person has the more there's count when ther give it out.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #193
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecRaenos
If someone chooses to defend Kansas, they are on their own. Bleh.

Old Dude, were you the one that gave me bad rep for my gun picture? Thats the only one i dont know about. I think someone was just making a joke since I made the comment about "anyone give me bad rep and this is what you get" with the picture underneath.

I dont care if you give me bad rep Old Dude. I dont give you good rep and expect it in return, i give you good rep on posts I dubiously agree with and because you have some of the most solid takes on this board. Same with Tredici and Blueflame (partially, her return rep is worth 20 points i have noticed so I did try to pimp rep from here especially since TJ cant take a ****ing joke and bad rep'ed me for some stupid **** and his is also uber-weighted). I dont care anymore. bad rep good rep, whatever. I know who likes me and who doesnt now and the rest of the people I didnt like anyway so they can all just kiss my ass.
I honestly don't remember what I bad-repped you for. Like I said, I retaliated against several people at the same time, after receiving an anonymous bad-rep - - that turned out to be from a lurker - of all things.

Anyway, I stopped bad-repping people well before the veil was lifted, except for dumping on a few rival fans - just because.

I always enjoy your posts Alec. Anyone who digs Zelazny has got to be a cool dude.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote