The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer
 
titan's Avatar
 
Fan of Old School Football

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,067

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default interesting tebow interview

Read it here:

http://jacksonville.com/sports/colle...ing-be-starter

Excerpt:

How do you feel about the progress you made in your first season with the Broncos? What did you learn most from your three starts?

My rookie year was huge for me as far as the learning curve, especially those last three games. It was just so much different than practice, especially the ones where I was watching [Orton] go through all the reads. Iím just glad I finally got a chance to do it myself in live game situations. Thereís a lot of things that go into scoring touchdowns and leading your team. Itís not just the game itself, but going back and studying tape to pick apart everything I did. Itís nice to have something to go on, doing it full speed in a game situation.

How is your relationship with Orton and has it changed any since youíre now viewed as more of a threat to be the starter?

We have a good working relationship. Itís something where I always rooted for him. Every day was a competition, trying to work and improve. We tried to push each other to get better. I always hope he does his best because thatíll help the Broncos. Itís been a while since weíve been around each other. We donít really talk or text each other that much, but Iíd say itís a healthy working relationship.

Even if Orton stays in Denver and the Broncos are willing to let you two duel for the starting job, do you feel youíre far enough along with your mechanics and understanding of the offense to win it?

I feel that Iím definitely ready to compete for it. Iím excited for that challenge. Iíve worked extremely hard this offseason. Iím looking forward to the opportunity to lead this team and try to win games. I donít feel like itís even close from last year to where I am now. In fact, itís not even close to where I am now from the end of last season. Iím much more prepared.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Thatta boy. Nothing but class, too.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

He has a future as a diplomat.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

I like what I hear.
It looks like he's way ahead of schedule on the things he's had to work on.
Should be fun to watch him lead the Broncos nest season, with everything CBA already taken care of...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Let's just hope this CBA mess gets cleared up so he has ample time to destroy Orton.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,232

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

"The Denver Broncos own the second overall pick in the draft and have many holes to fill. Picking defensive talent has never been a strongpoint of the organization, and there will be a huge push to fix a unit that ranked at the bottom of the league statistically. However, the toughest question Denver must answer is its long-term solution at quarterback.

Tim Tebow, a first-round pick last year, was not selected by new coach John Fox. Most members of the Broncos who were there when the Tebow pick was made are looking to distance themselves from the choice, which is a classic way for things to operate in the NFL.


Last year, no one associated with the Broncos complained about the Tebow pick, thinking they were being loyal to the head coach, when in reality, not voicing an opinion or pretending you like a player is the highest form of disloyalty and disservice.

So Tebow is a man without much support in Denver, making quarterback a huge need. Can the Broncos be so focused on defense that they ignore an NFL team's most essential position? Or will they feel like Kyle Orton can manage the game well enough to allow them to replenish the defense, something near and dear to Fox's heart?"


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Let's just hope this CBA mess gets cleared up so he has ample time to destroy Orton.

In a football way. Not an OT fire and brimstone way.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"The Denver Broncos own the second overall pick in the draft and have many holes to fill. Picking defensive talent has never been a strongpoint of the organization, and there will be a huge push to fix a unit that ranked at the bottom of the league statistically. However, the toughest question Denver must answer is its long-term solution at quarterback.

Tim Tebow, a first-round pick last year, was not selected by new coach John Fox. Most members of the Broncos who were there when the Tebow pick was made are looking to distance themselves from the choice, which is a classic way for things to operate in the NFL.


Last year, no one associated with the Broncos complained about the Tebow pick, thinking they were being loyal to the head coach, when in reality, not voicing an opinion or pretending you like a player is the highest form of disloyalty and disservice.

So Tebow is a man without much support in Denver, making quarterback a huge need. Can the Broncos be so focused on defense that they ignore an NFL team's most essential position? Or will they feel like Kyle Orton can manage the game well enough to allow them to replenish the defense, something near and dear to Fox's heart?"


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2
Looked to see who wrote this and was surprised to see it was Michael Lombardi. I'd thought it was someone who doesn't follow the Broncos closely.

Surprising.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
Looked to see who wrote this and was surprised to see it was Michael Lombardi. I'd thought it was someone who doesn't follow the Broncos closely.

Surprising.
He's just mad that Elway got the job he wanted and trying to burn people out of spite. There's a reason Lombardi never made it to General Manager, and he's a big portion of why the Raiders sucked for a decade.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

For funsies:

Raiders first round picks while Lombardi worked as their Senior Personnel Executive:

99 Matt Stinchcomb
00 Janikowski
01 Derrick Gibson
02 Phillip Buchanon
02 Napoleon Harris

03 Asomougha
03 Tyler Brayton
04 Robert Gallery
05 Fabian Washington
06 Michael Huff
07 Jamarcus


Obviously the crypt keeper is to blame for a decent portion along with coaches input, but that is just an outstanding and unprecedented record of fail. He literally hit on 1 out of 11 first round picks (most of them high!).

Since that knob got fired, the Raiders have taken McFadden, Heyward Bey and McClain... 2/3 is significantly outperforming 1/11.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!
 
zdoor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Templeton, Ca.
Posts: 1,621
Default

Like his attitude. The dude is definitely a class act....
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
HooptyHoops
We need a DE
 
HooptyHoops's Avatar
 
C'mon D

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Man, if Tebow really thinks he is way better now, than at the end of the season.....That just gets me giddy!!!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooptyHoops View Post
Man, if Tebow really thinks he is way better now, than at the end of the season.....That just gets me giddy!!!
Me too!
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #14
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,776

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

I don't think Tebow has proven his critics right.
Tebow has shown more good and potential than people give him credit for.
I think Tebow has been underestimated in a big way by critics without anything that can back them up.
I'm convinced Tebow is going to surprise a lot of people, and he knows he's got to...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:52 AM   #15
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

this kid us going to be Presudent one day if wants to.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 AM   #16
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
this kid us going to be Presudent one day if wants to.
tihs
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He has a future as a diplomat.
President Tebow will end war, poverty, global warming, pollution and will put the world in a state of peace and harmony that will last for eternity
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:59 AM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooptyHoops View Post
Man, if Tebow really thinks he is way better now, than at the end of the season.....That just gets me giddy!!!
Sounds like this article has given you a Tebowner





on a side note: from henceforth i will be referring to all erections as Tebowners
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #19
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,126
Default

Elway can help teach Tim to play QB and Tim can teach Elway how to say a lot without giving it all away
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #20
ward63
Go Broncos!
 
ward63's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,212

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert
Default

There isn't a QB I would take over Tebow this year. I know there's hype over Gabbert, but I haven't seen him enough. Tebow has the drive and passion to improve, work hard and create a winner.
ward63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #21
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS
 
dbfan21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wichita
Posts: 2,179

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
For funsies:

Raiders first round picks while Lombardi worked as their Senior Personnel Executive:

99 Matt Stinchcomb
00 Janikowski
01 Derrick Gibson
02 Phillip Buchanon
02 Napoleon Harris

03 Asomougha
03 Tyler Brayton
04 Robert Gallery
05 Fabian Washington
06 Michael Huff
07 Jamarcus


Obviously the crypt keeper is to blame for a decent portion along with coaches input, but that is just an outstanding and unprecedented record of fail. He literally hit on 1 out of 11 first round picks (most of them high!).

Since that knob got fired, the Raiders have taken McFadden, Heyward Bey and McClain... 2/3 is significantly outperforming 1/11.
Excellent find! I think that is all you need to see to know how (un)talented Lombardi is as a talent evaluator. Jamacus is the cherry on top of that mess of a sh*t sundae!
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #22
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

How's your relationship with Orton?

Well, we really don't have one right now. The last time we spoke was the week before I took his job, and he said "Hey, Bible Boy, bring me another bottle of Jack." I mean, he's flipped me off, shook his dick at me in the shower, and pissed on my front door one night when he was drunk, but we haven't really spoken since then. I'm praying for the Lord to bring him to sobriety, if not all the way to Jesus, but in all honestly I can't say I'm optimistic on that happening.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #23
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I feel that Iím definitely ready to compete for it. Iím excited for that challenge. Iíve worked extremely hard this offseason. Iím looking forward to the opportunity to lead this team and try to win games. I donít feel like itís even close from last year to where I am now. In fact, itís not even close to where I am now from the end of last season. Iím much more prepared.
This guy is the best I have ever seen at erasing doubt. He does everything the right way and exceeds your expectations. Great kid.

Keep it up, Tim!
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #24
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,206

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

Oreton was heavy on his feet last season. Tim will be a starter but its still too early in my opinion for him to be in control of the franchise...he has it all but must prove he can be accurate with his throws...something Orton had cautiously honed.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #25
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
Oreton was heavy on his feet last season. Tim will be a starter but its still too early in my opinion for him to be in control of the franchise...he has it all but must prove he can be accurate with his throws...something Orton had cautiously honed.
It took a long time for Orton to hone his accuracy, and he dropped off toward the end of last season.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Response to the "Very Little of Tim Tebows Game Translates to the NFL Post" prunch Orange Mane Central Discussion 33 01-05-2011 07:31 AM
Tim Tebow Fun Facts Pony Boy Orange Mane Central Discussion 17 04-26-2010 10:32 PM
Tim Tebow pick from a business/operation perspective MVPlaya Orange Mane Central Discussion 31 04-26-2010 10:29 AM
Len Pasquarelli on Tebow Pseudofool Orange Mane Central Discussion 26 04-23-2010 08:15 AM
Tim Tebow 2.0 debuts at Gators pro day (Wednesday) strafen Orange Mane Central Discussion 52 03-18-2010 07:39 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Denver Broncos