The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Default Atwater props

I went to a dinner last night and Jay Novacek spoke to us. He had a couple of interesting things to say...

Hardest hit he ever took was from Steve Atwater in the Pro Bowl. (I told him later Okoye says the same thing.) Jay went on and said the other TEs had gotten hurt and he had to play 3qtrs. Doesn't remember any of them. Tongue in cheek he said Atwater cheated....just like all defensive players.

Another guy asked why he would go to college in the high desert middle of no where Laramie when he could have gone to CSU. He said sheep or cowboy...really no choice. I'm CSU alum but laughed..hahaha.

The other thing he talked extensively on was how he was first drafted by the Cards, a sorry team, then became a plan b freeagent, essentially a sorry player (plan b was those guys teams didn't want to protect, and then signing with the Cowboys (1 win) team because he insisted on starting and they were the only who would give him a chance, so he was a sorry player, from a sorry team, signing with the sorriest team of them all but he had faith in himself. The irony was the Cowboys also trade for the Cards starting TE (he said who had been offensive rookie of the year) so Novacek had to compete against him all over again...and you know the rest of the story, 5 probowls and 3 superbowls.

I hate the clownboys but he was a real nice guy...I guess him and Aikman were always decent guys.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Very cool stuff, it's always great to hear about players taking the time to chat with us fans. ESPECIALLY when they talk about one of the best hitters of all time, Mr. 27
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

If Atwater played for the Jets his entire career, he'd already be in the hall (Peter King would have glowing articles about him). I hope him and Gradishar get their due soon.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
If Atwater played for the Jets his entire career, he'd already be in the hall (Peter King would have glowing articles about him). I hope him and Gradishar get their due soon.
Not to take anything away from Atwater, but Dennis Smith deserves to go in before Atwater.
orange crusher is online now   Reply With Quote