The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #201
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Totally. Its a good board. Dont reply to this post though, or people will think we are dating.

I bet you and assHAT will make a lovely couple!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #202
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I absolutely agree with this. Until you commit to that person, you're just asking for trouble if you become their Facebook "friend"...
yep, I've had to de friend because the some of the comments made on my facebook page were childish or just plane silly.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #203
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
I love that gif.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #204
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
BTW, I'm married.

Well, not anymore but the fact that I was totally reinforces my hetero-ness.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #205
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post

Simmer down, Sybil.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #206
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I hate when people go through the express lane of the grocery store with a cart full of groceries. 20 items or less, people! Some of us with 2 or 3 items would like to get out of the store, in the next century. The checkers won't refuse to take them, because it would be bad for business...
I've had a Publix checkers from the 10 Item lane pull me into it even though I had a full cart. Happens if it's slow, then someone could get stuck behind me while they're checking, and probably think I'm the ahole
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #207
THE719!
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

how about crappy friends
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #208
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I've had a Publix checkers from the 10 Item lane pull me into it even though I had a full cart. Happens if it's slow, then someone could get stuck behind me while they're checking, and probably think I'm the ahole

I hate it when people go to the quick check out line and write a check for 2 items. If its less then $10...use the debit card or ****ing pay with cash. Totally ridiculous.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #209
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
I hate it when people go to the quick check out line and write a check for 2 items. If its less then $10...use the debit card or ****ing pay with cash. Totally ridiculous.

I hate it when anyone writes a check these days
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #210
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I hate it when anyone writes a check these days

Like dude...check cards serve the same function and take 1/8th the time. For beef jerkey and redbird wine? $5.77? USE THE ****ING CARD!

Old foggies...

Old 02-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #211
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Wow, this thread needs to be lightened up a bit.

You know what grinds my gears? Chicks who are looking for a meal on a first date. Like, I said, "lets go out for drinks." Which implies that we aren't eating on this date. I'll set the date up for 9pm, which is clearly after dinner hours. I'll pick a trendy lounge where the emphasis is on drinks, not food. So I'm not showing up on the date hungry. I've eaten at home before I went on the date because I have no plans of buying a meal, or buying one for her. So if she's smart, she would have also eaten before the date. If she didn't, yeah, her bad.

My plan is to pay for two rounds of drinks. If she decides to get an appetizer, that counts as one of her drinks. So it's still two rounds. One way I've found to make that work is when we first sit down we order a round of drinks. So the server will come back around to check on us, and we typically get a second round of drinks. But if she decides to order food, I'll get my second drink. So when the server comes back a third time I say I'm good. Since I didn't order another drink, typically she's not going to either. That's just not cool.

I should write a book on dating. Long term relationships? Probably not.
I like this. No it doesn't lend to long term relationships but it's also not what I'm looking for. I was asked out on a date by a guy who lives in Park City (for those that don't know, it's a ski resort town). I agreed to drive up there and he took me to a very nice restaurant. It was quite late by the time we got done so we walked out, talked for a bit, then I said I better get going. He got mad. He felt since he'd bought me this nice meal I was suppose to put out. So if that's the tab, don't buy me dinner. Yeah, it grinds my gears.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #212
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
i was being sarcastic. (to the boldfaced part above)

it's not that you are necessarily a douchebag.

but your posting was douchey. it's the rules, both stated and implied, about meeting for drinks, what counts as a drink, how many drinks is too many, how much you should have to spend, etc. that's douchey. and then spending time thinking about such rules... that's douchey. and then posting it online... that's douchey. some things are better left unsaid i guess. i'm sure your motivations are sincere, but it comes off differently when posted for others to read who don't know you.
You know what grinds my gears? A killjoy. Dude, lighten up. Did you read pages 4 through 7 of this thread? Did you want to read 5 more pages of that? That's why I changed the topic to something more lighthearted.

Even if you don't agree with me, laugh, it's funny. Have a coke and a smile and shut the **** up. Jeez. You're being a douche for reacting that way.

You say I'm being a douche for posting that stuff online. Dude, have you read this message board before?!?! Have you read message boards in general? There is some crazy stuff posted, and you have an issue with what I posted? Talk about a stick up your ass.

So I'm being a douche for thinking of a way that I can show a woman a great time, get to know her, and save some money at the same time? Maybe if people put a little more thought into their dates people wouldn't be complaining about how much dating sucks, or how somebody was just a bad date. I don't really have bad dates. It's been a long time since I've left a date and thought, that sucked. And I never get the impression from women that they didn't have a good time on the date. Especially when they have a big smile on their faces and they say, "We have to do this again!" I get that a lot.

Think about it this way. I'm just making the dating process better for me and the woman. Seeing that both me and the woman enjoyed ourselves, I'd say that my game plan must be working.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #213
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

And after standing in the line don't start writing the check until the cashier has rung up the items.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #214
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Seems like everytime I go to redbox.....This lady is in front of me browsing every damn sub menu. Pick a friggin' movie and move it lady!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #215
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

People still write checks? It takes me 5 minutes to write a check because I have to remember how to do it in the once-a-year occurrence that I write one...
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #216
ton80
Seasoned Veteran

The parasite class in this country complaining that the host isn't fat enough.
ton80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #217
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I also hate it when people insist that being skinny is bad for you (happened to me when I moved to the states as a skinny guy) when all the evidence points to the contrary.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #218
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
You know what grinds my gears? A killjoy. Dude, lighten up. Did you read pages 4 through 7 of this thread? Did you want to read 5 more pages of that? That's why I changed the topic to something more lighthearted.

Even if you don't agree with me, laugh, it's funny. Have a coke and a smile and shut the **** up. Jeez. You're being a douche for reacting that way.

You say I'm being a douche for posting that stuff online. Dude, have you read this message board before?!?! Have you read message boards in general? There is some crazy stuff posted, and you have an issue with what I posted? Talk about a stick up your ass.

So I'm being a douche for thinking of a way that I can show a woman a great time, get to know her, and save some money at the same time? Maybe if people put a little more thought into their dates people wouldn't be complaining about how much dating sucks, or how somebody was just a bad date. I don't really have bad dates. It's been a long time since I've left a date and thought, that sucked. And I never get the impression from women that they didn't have a good time on the date. Especially when they have a big smile on their faces and they say, "We have to do this again!" I get that a lot.

Think about it this way. I'm just making the dating process better for me and the woman. Seeing that both me and the woman enjoyed ourselves, I'd say that my game plan must be working.
settle down Fonzie.

i now see that you're just performing a necessary service to all those women out there. my apologies.

/sarc
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #219
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
People still write checks? It takes me 5 minutes to write a check because I have to remember how to do it in the once-a-year occurrence that I write one...

Why would anyone need a check anymore?

You have online banking with up to the hour account balances. You can track your bills and pay them online with automatic bill pay. You have check cards and debit cards. If you are renting a place, you can set up rent the same way. Even paychecks can be automatically deposited and you get a pay stub.

Is there a reason to use paper checks in 2011?

Old 02-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #220
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Things that grind my gears:

Idiocy, for some reason it has become okay to be an idiot. Every time I hear a 16 year old say something like, isn't Germany the capital of Europe? or someone suggesting we lower the ocean level by pouring water down the sink it makes me feel that humanity is somehow going backwards. If people like that have time to play HALO or watch Gossip girl they also have time to learn very basic knowledge.
It is so bad now it has become a bad thing in some places to be smart, you can't be president if you come off as too smart and educated, can't trust smart people. Never mind the fact that every single thing that makes your life possible was devised by smart people, the car you drive so you don't have to walk your fat ass to the store was invented by a smart man, the tv you use to dumb yourself down was invented by a smart man. Meanwhile both world wars, the iraq war and the afghanistan debacle were started by men who were not at all smart.

Slowness, people who drag their feet and take tiny little steps, people who spend 5 minutes waiting in line at the coffee shop texting their friends and then spend 5 minutes reading the choices AFTER they get to the front of the line. People who have to stand and talk in the doorway or the stairway or on top of the escalator, just take 2 damn steps and you wouldn't be in anyones way.

False rudeness, it is not rude to tell someone they are being an idiot. I hate people who give you that condecending look after you tell a jerk on the bus to turn down his music.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #221
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Engineers who have mastered "Cut and Paste".
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #222
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Tell us how you feel about JJJ more, TailgateBud.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #223
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Tell us how you feel about JJJ more, TailgateBud.

Que'?
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #224
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Politics in general. And I am very political. But ever election is life or death the end is near!!!!
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #225
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Shut up Rugby.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote