The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Default Opening on Tax Day 2011

I just had to post this...

Opening on Tax Day 2011.

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I hate to be a party pooper but but Tax Day is April 18th this year.....

Because Friday, April 15, is Emancipation Day, a holiday observed in the District of Columbia. By law, says the Internal Revenue Service, official District of Columbia holidays have the same effect on tax deadlines as do regular federal holidays.
That means tax day 2011 gets pushed back to the next business day, which is Monday, April 18.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I hate to be a party pooper but but Tax Day is April 18th this year.....

Because Friday, April 15, is Emancipation Day, a holiday observed in the District of Columbia. By law, says the Internal Revenue Service, official District of Columbia holidays have the same effect on tax deadlines as do regular federal holidays.
That means tax day 2011 gets pushed back to the next business day, which is Monday, April 18.
it's still tax day even if the filing deadline is extended until the next business day. in 1955 the official filing deadline was changed to April 15, unless that falls on a weekend or holiday, but i've always been under the impression that the colloquial term "tax day" refers to April 15th, whether the filing deadline is that day or not.

Last edited by Gort; 02-12-2011 at 10:12 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

I will crawl out of my hole to watch that.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
it's still tax day even if the filing deadline is extended until the next business day. in 1955 the official filing deadline was changed to April 15, unless that falls on a weekend or holiday, but i've always been under the impression that the colloquial term "tax day" refers to April 15th, whether the filing deadline is that day or not.
Just yanking your chain a little....
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I love tax day. I don't cry and whine about the taxes I pay. I consider it a privilege to pay my taxes as a citizen of the USA. I enjoy paying my taxes to keep this a first world country. It certainly is not an onerous burden.

It's sad the richest among us US citizens, the folks that have reaped the rewards of living in the US, try to hide from paying their taxes. They want everybody else to pay, but not them.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I love tax day. I don't cry and whine about the taxes I pay. I consider it a privilege to pay my taxes as a citizen of the USA. I enjoy paying my taxes to keep this a first world country. It certainly is not an onerous burden.

It's sad the richest among us US citizens, the folks that have reaped the rewards of living in the US, try to hide from paying their taxes. They want everybody else to pay, but not them.
This makes me chuckle.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
BarefootKicker
Rant in E-Minor

that trailer proves why conservatives shouldn't make movies.
BarefootKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
This makes me chuckle.
I thought it might have provoked more than a chuckle.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

an even better idea would to minimize wasteful spending and take the tax burden off the citizens
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
an even better idea would to minimize wasteful spending and take the tax burden off the citizens
Oh, there's plenty of wasteful spending. Trouble is, how do you get these politicians to make cuts in their own yard?

There's been plenty of proposals to make a 10% cut across the board, but someone on some committee always shuts it down.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Oh, there's plenty of wasteful spending. Trouble is, how do you get these politicians to make cuts in their own yard?

There's been plenty of proposals to make a 10% cut across the board, but someone on some committee always shuts it down.
thats my issue, if they got rid of wasteful ridiculous spending, tax burden on people that dont have money drops considerably. it will never happen though, give someone power and money to spend and they become blind to the real consequences.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #13
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Great book and all but that movie looks dreadful.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #14
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
thats my issue, if they got rid of wasteful ridiculous spending, tax burden on people that dont have money drops considerably. it will never happen though, give someone power and money to spend and they become blind to the real consequences.
Oh man, sounds like you got it all figured out.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #15
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
That's Laughable. People who don't have money don't pay taxes. They don't have money.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #16
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
I thought it might have provoked more than a chuckle.
OK you got me more of a Guffaw
Old 02-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #17
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
True.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
OK you got me more of a Guffaw
Hey, people have to pay their taxes, that's what makes us a first world country. It's pretty clear the line between first world countries and second or third world countries.

A first world country, people pay their taxes for the common good. If they don't want to pay their taxes they get prosecuted or they can move to a third world country.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #19
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootKicker View Post
that trailer proves why conservatives shouldn't make movies.
Interesting clip. There's enough conflict and plenty of drama to make a good movie. I figure (and hope) they'll leave out the 100-page philosophy monologues. The real question will be if the screenwriters can bring enough depth to characters who are, essentially, cardboard cutouts in a heavy-handed morality play.

Seeing Armin Shimerman cast as one of the federal regulators doesn't look promising. Looks to me like the script may go too far into stereotype and caricature, and that will sink whatever story they've distilled from the 1000-page book.

I'll give it a chance because I actually like the book enough to read it again every few years, but I'm already wary of this thing collapsing under its own weight just like the Taggart railroad bridge.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
This makes me chuckle.
I know the rich people pay almost all the tax. You can fudge % and say man i pay a higher % of my overall then this rich guy, but the rich guy made 10 million. He still paid more tax in the you will in your life.

It's amazing anyone could be happy that you get taxed on everything. It's amazing how much of our money goes to tax, insurance, fee's, fines, service charges. You earn money you pay tax, you spend money you pay tax, its a double **** places like calif with 10 sales tax.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
That's Laughable. People who don't have money don't pay taxes. They don't have money.
its true some rich people cheat on taxes, but even still they paid more then we ever will. It's more about so many people paying nothing. The slackers like me need to get going!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #22
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I know the rich people pay almost all the tax. You can fudge % and say man i pay a higher % of my overall then this rich guy, but the rich guy made 10 million. He still paid more tax in the you will in your life.

It's amazing anyone could be happy that you get taxed on everything. It's amazing how much of our money goes to tax, insurance, fee's, fines, service charges. You earn money you pay tax, you spend money you pay tax, its a double **** places like calif with 10 sales tax.
The rich should pay a higher % of their income to taxes. This is the USA, not Mexico. If a family earns $10 million, they should pay say $6-8 million in taxes. They still have $2-4 million after tax and the luxury of living in the USA, and the luxury of living in the USA is hard to quantify.

The bums among us also pay taxes to subsidize the rich people's excellent quality of living in the USA, the first world country. Fresh water, sewage disposal, good roads, etc, doesn't just magically appear because some millionaire pays taxes.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #23
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Wow...a girl, a train, and lots of different men in action. Does she show any skin...you know...1040EZ.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #24
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
The rich should pay a higher % of their income to taxes. This is the USA, not Mexico. If a family earns $10 million, they should pay say $6-8 million in taxes. They still have $2-4 million after tax and the luxury of living in the USA, and the luxury of living in the USA is hard to quantify.

The bums among us also pay taxes to subsidize the rich people's excellent quality of living in the USA, the first world country. Fresh water, sewage disposal, good roads, etc, doesn't just magically appear because some millionaire pays taxes.
Why should anyone pay a higher % than anyone else. They all live in america.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #25
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:

Never mind you will never get it.