The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default Congrats Egypt, this ones for you

cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Yah, now comes the Islamic extremists and war with Israel, let's celebrate!!!

not
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

those people dont look like they would stand for an Iranian style govt. I'm not super worried.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
those people dont look like they would stand for an Iranian style govt. I'm not super worried.
Neither is the commodity market as the price of a barrel of oil is down by close to a buck and a half.

Hopefully, that'll start reflecting at the pump shortly
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Power vacuums have a way of being filled by power mad people. Whomever owns the military owns the country. The worst thing we could do is take a cavalier or nonchalant approach to what Egypt becomes because you don't need an Iranian style state to be real trouble for the US, you just need a regime that wants Israel annihilated and that considers the US a blowhard outsider. Thanks to this Administration, the latter has already become reality.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I guess we can all thank George W. Bush for this latest trend towards Democracy in the ME. It started in Iraq.

I'd love it, LOVE IT, if Bush's gamble pays off. I'm not a Bush supporter by any means, nor did I agree with the invasion of Iraq, but you gotta believe that what is happening in Egypt is because the people of Egypt see what is happening in Iraq.

Now, will a true Democracy happen? I kinda doubt it, I think the extremists will strong arm the country into submission. That being said, who knows, perhaps Democracy really will take hold in the ME.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Power vacuums have a way of being filled by power mad people. Whomever owns the military owns the country. The worst thing we could do is take a cavalier or nonchalant approach to what Egypt becomes because you don't need an Iranian style state to be real trouble for the US, you just need a regime that wants Israel annihilated and that considers the US a blowhard outsider. Thanks to this Administration, the latter has already become reality.
lemme guess, your a GWB fan....

http://mist.xvand.com/humor/weapons.html
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Neither is the commodity market as the price of a barrel of oil is down by close to a buck and a half.

Hopefully, that'll start reflecting at the pump shortly

not likely, as the price for gas is actually up again, despite record supplies of both oil and gas in north america.

http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The military supports peace with Israel and are firmly against the Muslim Brotherhood. I'm not worried. I think this is going to be something America can say is a good thing eventually. Now we just need to get the people of Syria and Iran to do the same thing. Save the Saudis for last hopefully because that country has some serious cash.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
lemme guess, your a GWB fan....
Bush has nothing to do with this, so guess again. Just a realist, dude. The President, in his speech, said something like 'Nothing less than genuine democracy will carry the day.' If he actually believes this, he's a fool.

The egypt-israel accord is in serious jeopardy and nations like syria are already having their official tv news say as much. when iran develops the same meme and our weak administration lays down, things could get REALLY scary.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
bombay
Ring of Famer

The military presents a best-case scenario for democratic steps to a better government for Egypt, because it gives them a chance to emulate the Turkish model.

I do not worry about Egypt becoming "another Iran". The differences (from geographic location to population to international trade dependence) are simply too great for a new regime that slaps away the hands of the West.

Last edited by bombay; 02-11-2011 at 02:02 PM..
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
not likely, as the price for gas is actually up again, despite record supplies of both oil and gas in north america.

http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/
Give it the weekend....the futures will drop as well if Egypt chills out after this
Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

I hope they don't get a democracy, mob rule can be fickle. I'd rather they institute a republic with the rule of law and property rights. I'm probably 60% hopeful and 40% fearful of the outcome.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Eh, we will see what happens. Not really that interested in US once again being all up in some other areas **** when we aren't good at it and we have enough issues here.

Democracy tends to open the doors to a more moderate type of ruling party. But it will be interesting to see for sure.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #15
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

and welcome the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, now all they want to take out is Israel and Saudi Arabia and they'll be happy campers... until they realize that we're also so called infidels and start attacking American citizens.... Also, why a revolution after 30 years of this guy? If they are so committed to democracy, freedom, and inalienable rights then why did this revolution not happen many years ago? Which group started the protests anyways?

This won't end well I promise you.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
The military supports peace with Israel and are firmly against the Muslim Brotherhood. I'm not worried. I think this is going to be something America can say is a good thing eventually. Now we just need to get the people of Syria and Iran to do the same thing. Save the Saudis for last hopefully because that country has some serious cash.

I've yet to see one official statement from the military or the defense secretary who now runs the country about this, so why are you assuming it? The military is horribly paid, much like they were in Iran before the radical regime bought their allegiance. Why could this not happen here?
Old 02-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Egypt won't be doing **** to Israel. They aren't good at it. Seriously.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Any political disruption in Saudi Arabia will effectively screw the world...the Egypt thing happening there would be a disaster of epic proportions.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #19
OrangenBlueOhio
Solid Starter

Orange Crush please, Mr. Fox

Quote:
Bush has nothing to do with this, so guess again. Just a realist, dude. The President, in his speech, said something like 'Nothing less than genuine democracy will carry the day.' If he actually believes this, he's a fool.

The egypt-israel accord is in serious jeopardy and nations like syria are already having their official tv news say as much. when iran develops the same meme and our weak administration lays down, things could get REALLY scary.
Or we could invade Egypt in search of weapons of mass destruction and piss off more of the world.
OrangenBlueOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #20
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
I've yet to see one official statement from the military or the defense secretary who now runs the country about this, so why are you assuming it? The military is horribly paid, much like they were in Iran before the radical regime bought their allegiance. Why could this not happen here?
Because the United States fringe idiots that are heard the loudest on the internet and talk radio actually account for very few of the decisions made in this country. People who go to work and live their lives are the ones who make **** go in the US.

Not paranoid idiots from the extremes who yack about a revolution in this country.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangenBlueOhio View Post
Or we could invade Egypt in search of weapons of mass destruction and piss off more of the world.
Is that possible?
Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #22
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Egypt won't be doing **** to Israel. They aren't good at it. Seriously.
Here's the thing. They don't need to 'do ****' to Israel, other than revoke their camp david accord and isolate israel among the other nations wishing to destroy it. Iran and the other wolves will take care of the rest.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #23
ZachKC

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
and welcome the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, now all they want to take out is Israel and Saudi Arabia and they'll be happy campers... until they realize that we're also so called infidels and start attacking American citizens.... Also, why a revolution after 30 years of this guy? If they are so committed to democracy, freedom, and inalienable rights then why did this revolution not happen many years ago? Which group started the protests anyways?

Social media.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Is that possible?
Hey, if at first you don't suceed, try, try again...
Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #25
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post

Welp this is dumb. What, only a US-supported overthrow of an authoritarian regime can succeed?
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote