The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default Elway interview on NFLN...and TD rides in a fighter jet!

Anyone see this just now? This was a very cool interview. Questions raised were about his readiness and the draft priimarily. I feel a bit better about John's readiness after listening to this interview on NFLN Total Access. He talked about learning a lot from his dad, including how to treat people...which I thought was very interesting in the wake of the McDaniels firing that he says this. He was coy about who they're interested in for the draft...but reading between the lines he mentioned they are waiting to see the how the new CBA shakes out before forming a strategy. That tells me a trade down is possible if they don't get the stuff in this agreemen they want..speculation of course, just trying to read between the lines.

Finally Mooch asks if he's looking for a new RB coach, and they cut away to TD riding in a fighter jet! Wow how cool was this? The dude was pulling G-forces and passing out briefly while Eisen, Mooch and Elway laughed at him.

Awesome stuff...here's the link to the video; http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Row-John-Elway

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 02-02-2011 at 12:28 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Yeah, I saw it. I tried to post...but, the system didn't allow it for some reason.

The thing that was shocking to me: Elway was asked about Tebow as his starting QB and Elway replied, that Tebow started 3 games and Orton 13 games. He then said, "Kyle Orton is our starting QB". Then he went into the same old speech on Tebow...he's got the intangibles, he's not a good QB, we hope we can make him a good Qb. The fact that he said Orton is our starter shocked me. Maybe it shouldn't have...but it did.
Hamrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

The jet video was killer.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Shoemaker
A Lurker No More

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Yeah, I saw it. I tried to post...but, the system didn't allow it for some reason.

The thing that was shocking to me: Elway was asked about Tebow as his starting QB and Elway replied, that Tebow started 3 games and Orton 13 games. He then said, "Kyle Orton is our starting QB". Then he went into the same old speech on Tebow...he's got the intangibles, he's not a good QB, we hope we can make him a good Qb. The fact that he said Orton is our starter shocked me. Maybe it shouldn't have...but it did.
Elway's a personnel man now. If he's actually trying to trade Orton, these are the things he has to say, otherwise Orton's value goes in the crater.

To be honest, unless we get a great offer for Orton (and we'd need a new CBA first), I'd honestly rather keep him and make Tebow EARN the starting job in TC.
Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

link?
FantomForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
Elway's a personnel man now. If he's actually trying to trade Orton, these are the things he has to say, otherwise Orton's value goes in the crater.

To be honest, unless we get a great offer for Orton (and we'd need a new CBA first), I'd honestly rather keep him and make Tebow EARN the starting job in TC.
The only problem I have with that...is it forms two camps and stuff like that can split teams. I favor having a clear cut leader and I'm hoping we go with Tebow. I understand the trade value issue though.
Hamrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:

IMO Tebow has already proven he's the guy. Given that he had almost no reps in practice and people thought he could barely throw a forward pass in the NFL, his performance bordered on legendary. Orton's problem is that he tails off each year as he either gets hurt or teams just rush him and he can't make plays on his own under pressure.

What you said at first was spot on...Elway has to say Orton's the starter at this point (wink wink) or his trade value diminishes immediately. I think we should try to get a #2 for Orton, then sign Matt Hasselback as the backup. A guy whose at the end of his career with a couple good seasons left, knowledge of what it took to get to the Superbowl...perfect mentor for Tebow while he gives us at least as good an option if we need him to play as Orton does.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #8
schaaf

Quote:

I would like to keep him too, but Orton has stated he doesn't want to be here if he isn't the starter.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #9
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
The only problem I have with that...is it forms two camps and stuff like that can split teams. I favor having a clear cut leader and I'm hoping we go with Tebow. I understand the trade value issue though.
I guess I don't see a huge problem with splitting the locker room where a four-win team gets dressed. Assuming the issue gets worked out in '11, of course, and doesn't drag on for years.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecklenburg77 View Post
link?
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Row-John-Elway
Old 02-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #11
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That jet fighter footage is pretty old.

I remember a year or so ago they played TDs footage and a couple other guys and TD was the only guy to pass out. He gets a hard time for it.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
That jet fighter footage is pretty old.

I remember a year or so ago they played TDs footage and a couple other guys and TD was the only guy to pass out. He gets a hard time for it.
Yeah I was going to say that's at least two year old back when TD was trying to be one of their regular analysts and just couldn't get what he wanted to say straight.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Thanks, guess I could have read to the bottom of your original post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

ouch, 32 in defense last year. Guess I didn't realize how bad it truly was
Old 02-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #15
meangene
Ring of Famer

I love how the camera caught Dukes waving his hand frantically so he could hear himself talk. Could hardly wait for Elway to finish an answer before he jumped in.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #16
schaaf

hahaha I saw that too
Old 02-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

It just fades out at the 6:40 mark while they're talking about Rapelessberger. What gives?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #18
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I would like to keep him too, but Orton has stated he doesn't want to be here if he isn't the starter.
I doubt he'll be here. I think this is the beginning of pre-draft posturing, myself. Get the "Orton starter" rhetoric out there as much as possible so people really feel like they're trading for a starting QB.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #19
Riley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I doubt he'll be here. I think this is the beginning of pre-draft posturing, myself. Get the "Orton starter" rhetoric out there as much as possible so people really feel like they're trading for a starting QB.
Dead on, Dedhed.