The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default Movies

Anything good playing right now? Green Hornet looks stupid...anyone seen it?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
willyallthewei

Fighter and True grit if you haven't seen those.

No strings attached (saw with gf) is surprisingly funny.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyallthewei View Post
Fighter and True grit if you haven't seen those.

sure
FantomForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Anything good playing right now? Green Hornet looks stupid...anyone seen it?
You can pretty much bet dollars to doughnuts that if Seth Rogen's in it, it'll largely insult your intelligence but be good for some laughs.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
schaaf

True Grit, just saw it last weekend.

Well worth the money
Old 02-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

The Fighter was great
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

We went and watched True Grit last weekend, and while I thought Jeff Bridges played his part well, I didn't care for it all that much-maybe because I kept comparing it the original-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Going out to see a moive is plain stupid.

1) Pay up to $15.00 ea to view said movie
2) Have to listen to idiots talking on their god damn cell phones
3) Having to see other idiots phones light up because they feel they need to text during movie... Then they have to talk to their buddy to catch up on what they missed while texting.
4) The obnoxious sound of people digging thru their popcorn containers is only surpassed by listening to people chew their fu ck ing popcorn with their mouths open.
5) freeking children and teenagers flapping the gums during the entire movie.

With the cost of going out to see a flick, it is cheaper to buy a blue ray version of the same movie and watch it at home on your very own super system (We all have them to watch sports on anyways) At home you can watch at whatever time you choose, Do not have to drive in traffic to get to movie theatre, wasting gas, time and wear and tear on your vehicle, waiting in line and paying high prices for junk food that you can have at home for 25% of the cost.

Did I leave anything out
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post

3) Having to see other idiots phones light up because they feel they need to text during movie... Then they have to talk to their buddy to catch up on what they missed while texting.
4) The obnoxious sound of people digging thru their popcorn containers is only surpassed by listening to people chew their fu ck ing popcorn with their mouths open.

With the cost of going out to see a flick, it is cheaper to buy a blue ray version of the same movie and watch it at home on your very own super system (We all have them to watch sports on anyways) At home you can watch at whatever time you choose, Do not have to drive in traffic to get to movie theatre, wasting gas, time and wear and tear on your vehicle, waiting in line and paying high prices for junk food that you can have at home for 25% of the cost.

Did I leave anything out
True. I've given up on going to the movies. People don't know how to act in public anymore. I've got a 60" Panasonic HD flat screen with theater sound. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD and pay $5 to watch it, and make my own popcorn with real butter for about fifty cents a bucket.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

The Fighter and True Grit were both excellent films.

I think The King's Speech was well worth the money and time, and should (I hope) win best picture at the Oscars.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #11
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
We went and watched True Grit last weekend, and while I thought Jeff Bridges played his part well, I didn't care for it all that much-maybe because I kept comparing it the original-
I thought it was pretty similar to the original.

But this one was directed more to the novel and they did a pretty good job of that. I liked Jeff Bridgers as Rooster Cogburn. I didn't much care for Matt Damon's part. I just can't ever see him in a western.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Did I leave anything out
Thats all well and good for you, but people will continue to go to the movies because its a cheap form of "going out." From a social viewpoint, humans feel the need to "go out" to support/nourish a semblance of "having a life" A movie requires a drive/a few hours of time/ and is usually an enjoyable form of entertainment. People usually combine this with a dinner to make an entire night out of it so that, on monday, when they are at the water coolor and someone asks what they did over the weekend, they dont have to respond with "nothing"
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #13
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyallthewei View Post
I just say no to Ashton Kutcher.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Anyone seen The Way Back? Looks pretty good.

http://www.thewaybackthemovie.com/
Old 02-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Thats all well and good for you, but people will continue to go to the movies because its a cheap form of "going out." From a social viewpoint, humans feel the need to "go out" to support/nourish a semblance of "having a life" A movie requires a drive/a few hours of time/ and is usually an enjoyable form of entertainment. People usually combine this with a dinner to make an entire night out of it so that, on monday, when they are at the water coolor and someone asks what they did over the weekend, they dont have to respond with "nothing"
Not only that it also gets you out of the house and away from the 5 kids.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

ok i see alot of people saying The Fighter, but is it really that good? I had a feeling about the movie before it came out, then I seen the satire websites that show the "if movie poster told the truth" and this is what they have

dont get me wrong i like the wrestler, but im glad I watched at home instead of shelling out money at theater. So is it along those lines of a movie?

Last edited by bfoflcommish; 02-01-2011 at 03:02 PM..
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #17
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post

But this one was directed more to the novel and they did a pretty good job of that. I liked Jeff Bridgers as Rooster Cogburn. I didn't much care for Matt Damon's part. I just can't ever see him in a western.
Anyone comparing the new True Grit to the old one negatively have to be looking at it with some sort of nostalgia. The only differences between the new one and the old one were positive. Every single part was acted better than the original (maybe not Ned Pepper, Duvall played that part very well), the plot was more true to the book, screenplay was written better and obviously the effects were better. Glen Campbell and Kim Darby were absolutely terrible in the original.

Last edited by misturanderson; 02-01-2011 at 03:03 PM..
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #18
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:

4) The obnoxious sound of people digging thru their popcorn containers is only surpassed by listening to people chew their fu ck ing popcorn with their system (We all have them to watch sports on anyways) At home you can mouths open.

With the cost of going out to see a flick, it is cheaper to buy a blue ray version of the same movie and watch it at home on your very own super watch at whatever time you choose, Do not have to drive in traffic to get to movie theatre, wasting gas, time and wear and tear on your vehicle, waiting in line and paying high prices for junk food that you can have at home for 25% of the cost.

Did I leave anything out
wow, you have a ****ty movie theater where you go. Other than the $15 tag since we do imax and sometimes 3d, none of the others apply, and we have lots of kids and teenagers at our movie theaters I go too
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
You can pretty much bet dollars to doughnuts that if Seth Rogen's in it, it'll largely insult your intelligence but be good for some laughs.
I just want to be entertained for a few hours so it takes a lot for me to dislike a movie, but I almost walked out of the Green Hornet. It was not funny at all.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #20
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post

We agree on the Mattt Damon thing, and the girl wasn't even close to as good as Kim Darby portrayed it-
Old 02-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #21
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
I just want to be entertained for a few hours so it takes a lot for me to dislike a movie, but I almost walked out of the Green Hornet. It was not funny at all.
I thought the Green Hornet was supposed to be like the TV Show-it wasn't funny either-
Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #22
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
ok i see alot of people saying The Fighter, but is it really that good? I had a feeling about the movie before it came out, then I seen the satire websites that show the "if movie poster told the truth" and this is what they have

dont get me wrong i like the wrestler, but im glad I watched at home instead of shelling out money at theater. So is it along those lines of a movie?
Well the Fighter is a true story and the Wrestler is not, so if anything the Wrester is "The Fighter, but with wrestling". Also I think Wahlburg was pitching the movie before the Wrestler was even around.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #23
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
We agree on the Mattt Damon thing, and the girl wasn't even close to as good as Kim Darby portrayed it-
There is no way, that I can tell, that anyone in their right mind could watch both versions and have this opinion. If you like horrible overacting with bad timing then Glenn Campbell and Kim Darby were better. Otherwise Matt Damon (though he wasn't great in his role by any means) and especially Hailee Steinfeld were infinitely better. Jeff Bridges acted circles around John "I play every part exactly the same" Wayne as well.

Last edited by misturanderson; 02-01-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #24
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Well the Fighter is a true story and the Wrestler is not, so if anything the Wrester is "The Fighter, but with wrestling". Also I think Wahlburg was pitching the movie before the Wrestler was even around.
Not to mention that they are in no way similar types of stories.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
its also...nothing like the wrestler. at all. thats a total fail
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote