The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default OT-- Looking to move to Colorado Springs/// Input please.

So we are thinking of moving to Colorado springs Co. I own a Automotive shop and would be looking to open one there as well. I'm big into Pheasant hunting, fishing, camping and boating..

Can you guys help me out as to what the economy is really like there. Are the people nice. Is there Pheasant hunting? Are there good places to water ski and fish ?

Any help from people that live around there would be awesome. Who knows I may even give an Orange mane discount for all the maners that live in the area.

Thanks

JC
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Fishing you can do nearly anywhere as long as its not a stream or pond on private property. Waterskiing and boating...maybe Pueblo Resovoir. People are nice, but its like anywhere else. Some good and some bad. I dont know about pheasant hunting, but there is deer and elk seasons. The economy in Springs is supported more or less by the military bases in the area.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Why Colorado Springs and not somewhere else in Colorado?
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
Why Colorado Springs and not somewhere else in Colorado?
We are looking for a city big enough but not too big. We are from Boise originally and this seems like a pretty close fit. I am a huge broncos fan, it looks like it has great hunting for deer and elk I was hoping that the upland game is good as well. We love 4 season of weather, love snow, love to camp and I am a die hard fisherman.

Tired of the big city not that Portland is all that big. Looking to start a family also. If you have other suggestions we are always willing to hear them as well.

The crime rates seem to look low, from what I can find on the net. it looks as though the economy is not hit by the rescission as hard as it is here. Kinda looks like the military keeps everything moving.

We also looked at Fort Collins but that looks too college for us could be wrong though.

Read an article on Forbes and it said it is the #1 spot to open a business in America,

Oh one last question not to be offensive either but are there a lot of Mormons here ?

Last edited by Quoydogs; 01-31-2011 at 02:52 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
So we are thinking of moving to Colorado springs Co. I own a Automotive shop and would be looking to open one there as well. I'm big into Pheasant hunting, fishing, camping and boating..

Can you guys help me out as to what the economy is really like there. Are the people nice. Is there Pheasant hunting? Are there good places to water ski and fish ?

Any help from people that live around there would be awesome. Who knows I may even give an Orange mane discount for all the maners that live in the area.

Thanks

JC
I grew up in the Springs but I haven't lived there since circa 1995. Lot's of change since that time. As for water sports, I'm thinking your best bet might be Pueblo which is about 45 miles south of CS. There's just not a lot of water on the front range so if water sports is your thing, I can't really reccomend the Springs. As for fishing, if you like fly fishing you can always find a decent creek somewhere in the mountains. Hunting, camping, etc., it's the Rocky Mountains so you can always do that kind of stuff. Not so sure about phaesant hunting, you might be able to do that on the Eastern plains, not really sure about that.

Nice town, good place to raise a family. Conservative with a large military influence (I went to school with kids who's dads were in the Army or Air Force is some capacity). If you're more liberal, then you might consider moving farther North to Denver and those surrounding cities.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
We are looking for a city big enough but not too big. We are from Boise originally and this seems like a pretty close fit. I am a huge broncos fan, it looks like it has great hunting for deer and elk I was hoping that the upland game is good as well. We love 4 season of weather, love snow, love to camp and I am a die hard fisherman.

Tired of the big city not that Portland is all that big. Looking to start a family also. If you have other suggestions we are always willing to hear them as well.

The crime rates seem to look low, from what I can find on the net. it looks as though the economy is not hit by the rescission as hard as it is here. Kinda looks like the military keeps everything moving.

We also looked at Fort Collins but that looks too college for us could be wrong though.

Read an article on Forbes and it said it is the #1 spot to open a business in America,

Oh one last question not to be offensive either but are there a lot of Mormons here ?

As compared to Salt Lake City? No. I would say its more Methodist/Catholic then anything else.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
As compared to Salt Lake City? No. I would say its more Methodist/Catholic then anything else.

I grew up in Twin falls Idaho Mormons run that town

Moved to Boise
Still a lot but not as many.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I wonder if Pueblo is any good? Seems like it's the bastard child of the front range, but again, I haven't spent any time in Pueblo since the early 1990s. I wonder if real estate there is reasonable. It's gotta be getting pretty decent by now, all the peeps moving to Colorado and the front range, I'm wondering if the spill off into Pueblo is making it any better.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
I grew up in Twin falls Idaho Mormons run that town

Moved to Boise
Still a lot but not as many.

Were you looking to avoid a large mormon population?

Old 01-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I wonder if Pueblo is any good? Seems like it's the bastard child of the front range, but again, I haven't spent any time in Pueblo since the early 1990s. I wonder if real estate there is reasonable. It's gotta be getting pretty decent by now, all the peeps moving to Colorado and the front range, I'm wondering if the spill off into Pueblo is making it any better.

They call Pueblo little Mexico. Property is relatively cheap. Pueblo West is pretty big now. Windy as all hell though. Pueblo's job scene is not great. Not a bad little city, but there is a cultural dividing line between Colo Springs and Pueblo.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Were you looking to avoid a large mormon population?

I have a lot of good friends that are Mormons. Hell my mother in law is. But they are very controlling so yes it is a bit of a concern. This year in Twin Falls July forth fell on a Sunday and they changed the firework to July 5th because they did not want it on a Sunday.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
I have a lot of good friends that are Mormons. Hell my mother in law is. But they are very controlling so yes it is a bit of a concern. This year in Twin Falls July forth fell on a Sunday and they changed the firework to July 5th because they did not want it on a Sunday.

Yeah, Springs is not like that. It has a conservative bent, but not that conservative.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #13
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

You lookin at me?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dom Casual

Its not a big Mormon town, but it is hugely, hugely evangelical. Per capita, Colorado Springs has the most evangelical churches in the nation and is host to "Focus on the Family." If you remember the news a few year backs about the preacher who was caught with a male prostitute, that was there. It's nickname is Bibleburg because it is pretty conservative. That said, the cost of living is pretty low, much lower than Denver and other areas. Garden of the Gods is gorgeous. I liked living there pretty well. Hiking and lots of outdoors stuff. I still have a house there, renting it because the housing market is not recovered enough to sale yet, which means you could probably get a good deal on a house right now.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
They call Pueblo little Mexico. Property is relatively cheap. Pueblo West is pretty big now. Windy as all hell though. Pueblo's job scene is not great. Not a bad little city, but there is a cultural dividing line between Colo Springs and Pueblo.

Yah, that's kinda what I thought and what I remember. No one really talks about Pueblo, kinda like a red-headed step child no one wants to talk about...
Old 01-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Yeah, Springs is not like that. It has a conservative bent, but not that conservative.

Not that conservative?? hahahaha. Funny!

Fort Collins seems like a better option, honestly.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawknz View Post
Not that conservative?? hahahaha. Funny!

Fort Collins seems like a better option, honestly.
I partied like a rock star growing up in the Springs... but, that was in the 1980's. Loved the military enfluence. Why--strip clubs!! We'd get all drunk and pile into a car and go to the strip clubs (full nekid too)... I had a fake ID, those were the dayzzzz....
Old 01-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

Well, if I HAD to pick a town from the Springs or Fort Collins, I'd pick fort Collins, although in many ways it's a toss-up. For Pheasant Hunting head East, Fishing head West (as well as Hunting), Water Skiing-hmmmm, I always liked Jackson Resevoir, but it's a bit of a haul-hell, move to Grand Junction, you can go to Moab, Fish and Water Ski at Powell, and Hunting is close-not as much Snow, reasonable size Town-
Old 01-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #18
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Well, if I HAD to pick a town from the Springs or Fort Collins, I'd pick fort Collins, although in many ways it's a toss-up. For Pheasant Hunting head East, Fishing head West (as well as Hunting), Water Skiing-hmmmm, I always liked Jackson Resevoir, but it's a bit of a haul-hell, move to Grand Junction, you can go to Moab, Fish and Water Ski at Powell, and Hunting is close-not as much Snow, reasonable size Town-
We are snow people. We love it.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:20 PM   #19
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We are snow people. We love it.
Leadville! No, better yet-Gunnison!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #20
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Fort Collins isn't THAT college, I live about 15-20 minutes north of town. It's definitely a "big enough" city, it has everything I need. I do like living in this area, made the move from WA in '09 and haven't regretted it once.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #21
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Leadville! No, better yet-Gunnison!
Too small. Besides my X lives in Gunnison and I want no part of that.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Fort Collins isn't THAT college, I live about 15-20 minutes north of town. It's definitely a "big enough" city, it has everything I need. I do like living in this area, made the move from WA in '09 and haven't regretted it once.
Dude, you live in Wellington... I remember when that place was nothing but dirt and tumbleweeds...
Old 01-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #23
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
It doesn't have a big swing in population when school is in compared to when school is out ?
Also I will be opening a automotive shop there and need a stable economy.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

We used to call Longmont Dogmont... now it's a thriving little burb of Denver... yuk...
Old 01-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #25
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

it doesn't snow much here in the springs........If you like your fishing and boating close, move to fort collins.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote