The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default Sorry Ms. Tina, We DO Need Another Hero...Calling Superman...

As all franchises seem to be jumping on the reboot bandwagon, why not Superman too....(http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ext-superman/1)

With all due respect to the Brian Singer movie which kind of sucked and to Smallville which I love I am very excited to see this movie. the newest Superman is being set to debut December 2012 which is a merry Christmas to me in many ways.

1. The film is written by the gentlemen who wrote the rebooted Batman films (Christopher Nolan and David Goyers)
2. Directed by the fellow who brought forth the Dawn of the Dead remake and 300 (Zack Snyder)
3. And my real reason for posting this, it's going to be starring my favorite scantily clad, completely objectified Englishman, Henry Cavill....
Name:  supermancavill.jpg
Views: 2391
Size:  78.2 KB

Who you say? Well rent the Tudors for goodness sakes, the guy is naked, I mean his performance is naked in its intensity. . He's going to be an excellent Superman because I actually do think he can act and he looks like a man, not a teenager (though honestly I love Tom Welling too and Smallville).

And let the mayhem ensue, a darn Englishman playing an American hero, oh wait, um Christian Bale is English too isn't he...oops.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,460
Default



I approve.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post


I approve.

I thought you might. Here's a video I did not make, but I enjoy it. I keep searching for the really um hot ones from the Tudors (I guess those guys are right, some stuff just is better than porn, lol).

Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 10,890

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Are they finally going to rid him of Lois Lane, the scourge of almost all superman film, tv shows and stories?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Are they finally going to rid him of Lois Lane, the scourge of almost all superman film, tv shows and stories?
I don't know actually, they haven't really given out much in the way of plot details. As for the character, I have to agree to some extent she tends to be the weak link in most of these. Though I like the Lois Lane on Smallville, I didn't like Kate Bosworth or Margot Kidder and while I used to like Terri Hatcher, upon rewatching those shows I find her a a bit shrill and annoying.

As far as plot, this is all I could find:
■MPAA Rating: Unknown


Plot Details
Director Zack Snyder will direct the new ‘Superman’ reboot from a script by David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan. Christopher Nolan (Inception, The Dark Knight) is producing for Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures. Plot details are being kept under wraps but Snyder revealed the film will focus on the early days of the character and will not continue the storyline of the previous films.

Superman — born on a planet which has long since died — has been raised by adoptive parents on the Kent farm in Kansas. The young boy Kal-El is renamed Clark Kent, and though he has grown up among humans, he is not one of them. Under Earth’s yellow sun, he can do things humans can only dream of, but to co-exist with them he must live a dual life as mild, unassuming Clark Kent, secretly transforming into the Man of Steel when the world cries out for him.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 10,890

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
I don't know actually, they haven't really given out much in the way of plot details. As for the character, I have to agree to some extent she tends to be the weak link in most of these. Though I like the Lois Lane on Smallville, I didn't like Kate Bosworth or Margot Kidder and while I used to like Terri Hatcher, upon rewatching those shows I find her a a bit shrill and annoying.

As far as plot, this is all I could find:
■MPAA Rating: Unknown


Plot Details
Director Zack Snyder will direct the new ‘Superman’ reboot from a script by David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan. Christopher Nolan (Inception, The Dark Knight) is producing for Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures. Plot details are being kept under wraps but Snyder revealed the film will focus on the early days of the character and will not continue the storyline of the previous films.

Superman — born on a planet which has long since died — has been raised by adoptive parents on the Kent farm in Kansas. The young boy Kal-El is renamed Clark Kent, and though he has grown up among humans, he is not one of them. Under Earth’s yellow sun, he can do things humans can only dream of, but to co-exist with them he must live a dual life as mild, unassuming Clark Kent, secretly transforming into the Man of Steel when the world cries out for him.
What I really don't like about the Lois Lane character is that she is often a total moron.

Superman is out saving the world and is only minutes away from apprehending the bad guy and foiling the big plot, but then Lois Lane takes a stroll through some dark alley all alone and of course Superman has to drop everything he doing and come rescue her.

If she just did what every other adult in the world does every day which is stay the **** out of trouble, Superman would actually be able to accomplish something.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
BOOM! Winner.

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The People's Republic Of California
Posts: 8,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO
Default

Meh. I'm just not all that fond of Superman as a character. I prefer Batman or Wolverine.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
Cmac821
Harden by loss
 
Cmac821's Avatar
 
Can't wait for next year

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern Los Angeles
Posts: 1,161

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Meh. I'm just not all that fond of Superman as a character. I prefer Batman or Wolverine.
superman is just way to perfect to have any real storyline unless they choose to beat the dead horse and go with him losing his powers.
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #9
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got? ®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
why not Superman
Superman Fails to have any good villains to feed off of, People these days want to see a dark villain in movies.

That's why the last Superman sucked
Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
Austin Bronco Fan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Will be interesting to see how it is. Although, I'm not getting my hopes up.


In the comics, Superman doesn't have the dimensionality that Batman or Spiderman do. He doesn't have the innate personal issues that others have. It's hard to create a believable character with him.

If it's any solace, if they concentrate on the early years, Lois Lane will probably not be in it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #11
Austin Bronco Fan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Superman Fails to have any good villains to feed off of, People these days want to see a dark villain in movies.

That's why the last Superman sucked
I disagree. Kevin Spacey did a great job with Lex Luthor. Luthor's cold, calculating, a genius, and lacks even a shred of scruples. He'll gladly off his own mother if it will also do away with Superman. And he wouldn't give it a second thought afterwards.

That last movie sucked, but not because of the villain IMO. It was the rest that did it in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

No offense, but every dude you mention is your "favorite"
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Bronco Fan View Post
I disagree. Kevin Spacey did a great job with Lex Luthor. Luthor's cold, calculating, a genius, and lacks even a shred of scruples. He'll gladly off his own mother if it will also do away with Superman. And he wouldn't give it a second thought afterwards.

That last movie sucked, but not because of the villain IMO. It was the rest that did it in.
What? Superman knocking up Lois Lane and then flying off to see the remnants of a dead planet were not believeable?

Spacey is the only reason I watched the newer Superman.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #14
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,453

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No offense, but every dude you mention is your "favorite"
Miss I. gets around.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got? ®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Bronco Fan View Post
I disagree. Kevin Spacey did a great job with Lex Luthor. Luthor's cold, calculating, a genius, and lacks even a shred of scruples. He'll gladly off his own mother if it will also do away with Superman. And he wouldn't give it a second thought afterwards.

That last movie sucked, but not because of the villain IMO. It was the rest that did it in.
"Great Job" lol Are you serious
I didn't see no awards for that performance, because it wasn't good. Don't get me wrong Spacey is one of the best Actors of our time but that role he played kinda sucked
Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Austin Bronco Fan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
"Great Job" lol Are you serious
I didn't see no awards for that performance, because it wasn't good. Don't get me wrong Spacey is one of the best Actors of our time but that role he played kinda sucked
I suspect there were no "awards" as you put it because the movie stank, not because of Spacey.

Grant it, Luthor lacks the insanity of Batman's villians, but you don't need to be mentally unstable to be a great villain. The fact Luthor has no conscience or emotion makes him very evil in my mind. You wouldn't want to get on his bad side. Could be a case of personal preference?

Compare his Luthor to others (like Gene Hackman). Spacey's was a great take on the character.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

very similar discussion i read on tnation awhile back, basically says the same thing you are saying, except it was talking about lifters.

people often like batman better because hes more believable, hes a normal human with no real superpowers. he does have an unlimited budget and formal martial arts training, but he cant see through walls, fly, lift buildings and do basically everything.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #18
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Meh. I'm just not all that fond of Superman as a character. I prefer Batman or Wolverine.
I agree.....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #19
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Superman Fails to have any good villains to feed off of, People these days want to see a dark villain in movies.

That's why the last Superman sucked



Both could work as dark villains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
"Great Job" lol Are you serious
I didn't see no awards for that performance, because it wasn't good. Don't get me wrong Spacey is one of the best Actors of our time but that role he played kinda sucked
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #20
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got? ®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Bronco Fan View Post
I suspect there were no "awards" as you put it because the movie stank, not because of Spacey.

Grant it, Luthor lacks the insanity of Batman's villians, but you don't need to be mentally unstable to be a great villain. The fact Luthor has no conscience or emotion makes him very evil in my mind. You wouldn't want to get on his bad side. Could be a case of personal preference?

Compare his Luthor to others (like Gene Hackman). Spacey's was a great take on the character.
It's a different era in movies if you don't have a mentally unstable villain the movie won't make it. The old school Superman made it cause back in the day people like that 70s 80's cheese, Gene Hackman didn't even needed to show up to make those Superman movies survive.
Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #21
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 
Get off my lawn, you kids!

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,461

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

The early days of Superman? That's called "Smallville". I don't know where else they could go with the character.

I'll bet it's in 3-D...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #22
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post


I approve.

Is this the guy that played Christ in Passion of Christ?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #23
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Is this the guy that played Christ in Passion of Christ?


No. That was Jim Caviziel. Henry Cavill is on the show the Tudors. He was also in the count of Monte cristo. He played Albert mondego.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #24
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,955

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble
Default

SPOILER ALERT: the movie starts right after Superman finishes playing running back in a game for the Browns...
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #25
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Superman Fails to have any good villains to feed off of, People these days want to see a dark villain in movies.

That's why the last Superman sucked
Behold...



footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Denver Broncos