The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,254
Default Dallas needs 10,000 strippers for Super Bowl week

There is a shortage of strippers in and around Dallas, the site of Super Bowl XLV.


TMZ reports that club owners have decided they need about 10,000 women on a temporary basis, who would be expected to cater to the many fans interested to pay for their unique services.

The most common activity, according to those that run the Triple-X night clubs is the lap dance. With an influx of about 300,000 people in the week leading up to the big game, 10,000 is just about the right number of additional "entertainers".

A sample flier used as an employment solicitation by the Showtime Cabaret says it directly but not without some delicacy.

"Are you coming to DFW for the big game week? Want a Safe, Clean Club to make $$$ in? We are looking for only the best entertainers to fill out our roster."

There's more in the advertisement but that should get the message across. To demonstrate how busy these establishments expect to be, the flier offers both day and night time work shifts. Since Cowboys Stadium can only hold a bit more than 100,000 people, even game time is expected to be very busy.
http://www.huliq.com/10061/dallas-ar...uper-bowl-week
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Cmac821
Harden by loss
 
Cmac821's Avatar
 
Can't wait for next year

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern Los Angeles
Posts: 1,161

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder
Default

that doesn't stop texas from being crap :thumbs

Last edited by Cmac821; 01-30-2011 at 04:22 PM..
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,255

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

STAY AWAY FROM MY STRIPPERS DALLAS!!!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Is there some sort of FEMA-like department that handles shortages like this? Perhaps FEMA-LE?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,732

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Is Texas an equal opportunity employment state.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer
 
Jesterhole's Avatar
 
Ridin' the McFailboat...

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,442
Default

I live in Dallas. There is neither a shortage of strippers or loose women. It was also 70 degrees here today.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
I live in Dallas. There is neither a shortage of strippers or loose women. It was also 70 degrees here today.
...and will be until Tuesday, when snow is forecast.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
...and will be until Tuesday, when snow is forecast.
Wait till people get down here after spending thousands to come to this game and they find out there's nothing to do here. Then it'll probably be cold and nasty as well, and getting in and out of here is going to be a nightmare. There are 300,000 people expected here, that's nearly the size of the entire city of Arlington crammed into a really small space. They'll need to empty the city jail just to accomodate all the new visitors.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan
 
hades's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time
Posts: 2,146
Default

Well, I went to Baby Doll's in Dallas with some friends last night, no shortage there, A team was in full force!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #10
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,029

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

You can get a ton of them in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas...but you'd have to install veneers just to break even.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,489
Default

funny in one place NFL players rallying against porn; at the Superbowl they need 10 thousand more lap whores to grind cocks to hardness. NFL is a two faced beast.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #12
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,588

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
funny in one place NFL players rallying against porn; at the Superbowl they need 10 thousand more lap whores to grind cocks to hardness. NFL is a two faced beast.
Do you really think the NFL is requesting the whores to Dallas?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #13
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
funny in one place NFL players rallying against porn; at the Superbowl they need 10 thousand more lap whores to grind cocks to hardness. NFL is a two faced beast.
Right. The NFL requested 10,000 strippers. You read this...where?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:06 AM   #14
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,046
Default

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:11 AM   #15
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Wait till people get down here after spending thousands to come to this game and they find out there's nothing to do here. Then it'll probably be cold and nasty as well, and getting in and out of here is going to be a nightmare. There are 300,000 people expected here, that's nearly the size of the entire city of Arlington crammed into a really small space. They'll need to empty the city jail just to accomodate all the new visitors.
Most people are staying in Dallas and Fort Worth, and there are tons of Superbowl parties planned all over the place. I know that the entire Arlington police force is on duty over the superbowl. People will probably storm Lincoln Square and the Highlands on Saturday and Sunday.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #16
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Oh lord Jerry...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #17
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Oh lord Jerry...
He's a real embarassment.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #18
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Most people are staying in Dallas and Fort Worth, and there are tons of Superbowl parties planned all over the place. I know that the entire Arlington police force is on duty over the superbowl. People will probably storm Lincoln Square and the Highlands on Saturday and Sunday.
I'm thinking about them all converging on Arlington at the same time within a one square mile area. It would be bad enough anyway since a regular Cowboy game over here snarls things up, but this will be a nightmare. Making matters worse, the brilliant city of Arlington decided the best way to move huge influxes of new people at one time was to block off a significant number of streets around the stadium, including trimming Collins Avenue, the main thoroughfare that runs right in front of the stadium...to one lane. We have some real geniuses down here. On top of that, they couldn't wait till the game, they had to do it last Friday...all so they can accomodate a rummored 5,000 morons who are willing to pay $200 each to stand in the parking lot and watch the game on a big jumbo tron. Only Jackass Jerry could think of that. Finally, it's going to be insanely difficult to get into, or out of this town on game day. A $69 hotel room is now $400 if you can find one anywhere close enough to be practical. Thnk about this one, all these fans will be candidates for the pokey after this game, many of them inside the city limits of Arlington. One group will be pissed, and one group will be in the mood to celebrate. Both will be in closer proximity than they should be to one another. Arlington can keep it's police force on duty, but where are they going to put the people they haul off for law-breaking? This city jail is usually pretty well stocked anyway, now imagine 300,000 potential new idiots roaming the streets like marauding packs of...well, football fans. Oh one last thing, Arlington doesn't sell liquor except in restaurants. There aren't enough restaurants here to seat a tenth of these people after this game, so lots of these folks will be tankin it up on the road afterwards with some liquid refreshment. Booze, bad blood, and bad traffic, a lethal combination if ever there was one. I'm not planning on venturing forth into this sea of madness and neither should you if you've got any sense. Some guy's advertising a parking place 1/10th of a mile from the stadium...a mere $990...if you can sleep in your car, it might be worth it.

Welcome to Texas suckers... We know you'll hate it here.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 01-30-2011 at 08:12 AM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #19
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan
 
hades's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time
Posts: 2,146
Default

Yeah footstepsfrom#27, it is pretty jacked up in Arlington around the stadjium. ("The Ticket" joke, lol)
My office is pretty close to it all, so we will most likely work from home part of the week.

I think some of the road closures tho, are due to security reasons, they have to close off an area within XXX number of feet, to avoid some idiot planting a bomb or something and killing a ton of people.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Yeah footstepsfrom#27, it is pretty jacked up in Arlington around the stadjium. ("The Ticket" joke, lol)
My office is pretty close to it all, so we will most likely work from home part of the week.

I think some of the road closures tho, are due to security reasons, they have to close off an area within XXX number of feet, to avoid some idiot planting a bomb or something and killing a ton of people.
They do this crap for any random ranger game too. Not to this extent, but try driving on Ballpark Lane, Randol Mill or down Copleland or Road to Six Flags and you'll inevitably run into something blocked during a game. On top of that, heading in most any direction you can think of, you're going to find some kind of construction zone equipped with barrels or barriccades. Most of these sites you rarely if ever actually see anyone working there. Thee are places around here that have been blocked for months or longer and no work is going on. It's Arlington, they're not good at running this place.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I'm thinking about them all converging on Arlington at the same time within a one square mile area. It would be bad enough anyway since a regular Cowboy game over here snarls things up, but this will be a nightmare.
Yeah, its going to be ugly. No two ways around it. There's nothing to do north of I-30 unless there's something going on at River Legacy before the game.

Quote:
Making matters worse, the brilliant city of Arlington decided the best way to move huge influxes of new people at one time was to block off a significant number of streets around the stadium, including trimming Collins Avenue, the main thoroughfare that runs right in front of the stadium...to one lane. We have some real geniuses down here.
Yeah, and Arlington's one of the biggest cities in the country without public transportation.


Quote:
Finally, it's going to be insanely difficult to get into, or out of this town on game day. A $69 hotel room is now $400 if you can find one anywhere close enough to be practical. Thnk about this one, all these fans will be candidates for the pokey after this game, many of them inside the city limits of Arlington. One group will be pissed, and one group will be in the mood to celebrate. Both will be in closer proximity than they should be to one another. Arlington can keep it's police force on duty, but where are they going to put the people they haul off for law-breaking? This city jail is usually pretty well stocked anyway, now imagine 300,000 potential new idiots roaming the streets like marauding packs of...well, football fans.
They'll just ship 'em to the Mansfield jail. They'll probably have some sort of makeshift staging area with maybe a drunk tank, and the more serious arrests will go to the poke.

Quote:
Oh one last thing, Arlington doesn't sell liquor except in restaurants. There aren't enough restaurants here to seat a tenth of these people after this game, so lots of these folks will be tankin it up on the road afterwards with some liquid refreshment. Booze, bad blood, and bad traffic, a lethal combination if ever there was one. I'm not planning on venturing forth into this sea of madness and neither should you if you've got any sense. Some guy's advertising a parking place 1/10th of a mile from the stadium...a mere $990...if you can sleep in your car, it might be worth it.
I have no choice. I work a couple of miles from the stadium.

The whole stadium thing rubs me raw. They couldnt wait to Eminent Domain those poeple out of their property, and those who are still in the vicinity of the stadium can no longer sell parking in their yards unless they pay the city for a relatively expensive permit that eats a portion of the profit they'd make. They put the kilbosh on the rickshaw business that sprung up in the absence of public transportation. People didnt want to walk a mile to the game. They dont allow peripheral businesses to spring up unless the city is getting some of the take. Never mind that the taxpayer paid for that dang thing.

I'm not a fan of Arlington. The police are a petty money making service for the city. The city is a parasite on the people.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #22
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I'm not planning on venturing forth into this sea of madness and neither should you if you've got any sense.
an yet some idiots will go just to be part of the crowd, or worse like the G20 maybe somebody will go to protest something, then they will complain when they get arrested for being stupid
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #23
Bronco Vixen
Pro Bowler
 
Bronco Vixen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 595
Default

Dallas needs 10,000 strippers for Super Bowl week



Of course they do
Bronco Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,489
Default

No I don't think NFL is ordering the strippers. I just find it funny in one city players rallying against porn, and in another all the NFL fans, and lots of players also, have such a high demand for lap whores they need 10 thousand strippers.

Weird I am the only one who thinks that is funny.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #25
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No I don't think NFL is ordering the strippers. I just find it funny in one city players rallying against porn, and in another all the NFL fans, and lots of players also, have such a high demand for lap whores they need 10 thousand strippers.

Weird I am the only one who thinks that is funny.
Its intentional.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Expert Picks Rock Chalk Orange Mane Central Discussion 36 10-02-2009 05:11 AM
Scouts Inc. - Cowboys@Broncos Week 4 Rulon Velvet Jones Orange Mane Central Discussion 47 10-01-2009 04:57 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Denver Broncos