The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Default If we have to take a defensive linemen in the first and Fairley is gone, how about trying to trade.

Trade back with the Texans get some picks and take Aldon Smith.

this guy is a terror to block, and if we play 3-4 or 4-3 he can fit, I sort of reminds me of D Ware hes just dominates sometimes out there, RS sophmore but theres enough talent out there to warrant a first round pick.

heres just some film from the Colorado game.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

First, everyone looked good against Colorado. 2nd, while trading back can still get us some great front 7, why this guy over the others that are targetted top 10 to 15?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Trade back and back and back and back. If we're not picking before 20, that's perfectly fine. Just keep accumulating.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Trade back and back and back and back. If we're not picking before 20, that's perfectly fine. Just keep accumulating.
Belay that order...and set a course for Patrick Peterson.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
First, everyone looked good against Colorado. 2nd, while trading back can still get us some great front 7, why this guy over the others that are targetted top 10 to 15?
Not really. He's beating Nate Solder, expected to be the top OT in the draft and he's a freshman in this video.

Nice.

I'd rather trade up not down, and I"d rather go for Stephen Paea if he's there somewhere after 15.

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 01-27-2011 at 11:21 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Belay that order...and set a course for Patrick Peterson.
lol

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Look I'd prefer D line help as ours is a joke and has been for years. That said Peterson would be great too cause he looks outstanding and Champ is starting to get older and lets face it the other corner never was up to par anyway. As long we concentrate on defense, defense and more defense I am thrilled.....................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #8
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If Fairley is gone at #2 (or if the FO don't think he's worth the selection, for that matter) then I'd be all for trading down a few spots and adding another nice pick or two while still grabbing one of the premier prospects in the draft.

I don't like the idea of just trading down again and again for the sake of accumulating dozens of mid-round picks unless there's absolutely nobody we like in the top 10 which, looking at this draft class, seems a more or less impossible scenario.

If you have a chance at what you think can be an elite player, you don't trade out of that spot.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #9
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

I'm for trading back, back, as we nee alot of help on the defensive side of the ball. Also I noticed every team in the playoffs had a good go to TE. I think we must acquire one, either by draft or free agency. The end.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If Broncos could trade back, still get Dareus, and pick up a late 2nd rounder or early 3rd in the process I would be all over it. Then we could afford to draft Kyle Rudolph with one of the 2nd rounders and get a big front 7 guy. Then maybe we could also get the UCLA safety. Well now I am being silly but its nice to dream about fixing DT, FS, TE all on day one of the draft.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #11
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Accumulating trash?

I know how you love your draft picks, but it has done NOTHING for us.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Well the only reason I would say drop down is if we could stay in top 5. Don't go lower then the cards pick. The draft trade chart a little out of date but it still is a good jumping off point. The difference between the 2 hole and the 5 hole is 900 points which equals a late first round pick.

If we could drop, still get Dareus, and get another first round pick i would do it. There are some sure fire starters like Stefan Wiesnewski and Rudolph that will go late first early 2nd. If we could somehow get Dareus, Wise, the rudolph top of 2nd, oh man that would be so epically huge I can't imagine it happening. Both Rudolph and Wise will be very very good nfl starters and would fill a need for us.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The big WR Green and Peterson could both be wildcards. Some team could want one of them enough to deal with us. Too bad Luck didnt come out that really screwed us.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #14
Drek
Ring of Famer

Rather have Dareus than Fairley myself.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:14 AM   #15
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Yeah trade back from #2. Piece of cake. Wonder why no one has ever tought of it before. Has anyone let Kubiak know about this plan? I'm sure he'll be thilled.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #16
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

in order to trade back, someone has to want to trade up....If Fairley is gone, take Bowers or Dareus.

Trading back to accumulate picks only works if you can get value. Other wise it is a waste.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:23 AM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

dont see anyone wanting to trade up. there will be a rookie cap in place this year so its more likely than in years past, but still.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #18
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'm waiting for the combine to flesh things out, but I wouldn't mind trading back for more picks.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 AM   #19
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Rather have Dareus than Fairley myself.
I'm with you on this take Dareus then grab Paea or Taylor and if we get lucky we could still get a good mlb
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #20
primetime714

I like the idea of trading back to #5 with Arizona. I think they may jump at the chance to grab a QB (Gabbert). Assuming that is the case at #5 we'd be guaranteed at least one of Peterson, Bowers, or Dareus would still be there.

Although if Bowers is the real deal I'd be totally fine with taking him at #2. I could live with Peterson at 2 also since I think he's the safest bet in this entire draft. I like Dareus, but I don't know that he has the upside to be the 2nd pick in the draft. I think he'll be a real solid player in this league, but at #2 I'd want a player that can be a game changer.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #21
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Completely agree -- if we can trade back to around #20, pick up two more #2 picks, AND get either Cory Luiget or Stephen Paea at the later slot.... makes too much sense NOT to do it, and I'll be very disappointed in the FO if they don't.

This draft is way too deep at our primary area of need (defensive line) to stay pat.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #22
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
Completely agree -- if we can trade back to around #20, pick up two more #2 picks, AND get either Cory Luiget or Stephen Paea at the later slot.... makes too much sense NOT to do it, and I'll be very disappointed in the FO if they don't.

This draft is way too deep at our primary area of need (defensive line) to stay pat.
You do realize that trading back isn't soley up to the FO, right? Wit hthe players on the board, it is going to be vvery very difficult for us to trade out of that spot.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #23
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Accumulating trash?

I know how you love your draft picks, but it has done NOTHING for us.
Because during the next two months, he and all the other over the top draftniks will each identify approximately 84 players that each think fit the Broncos. Then we'll have to listen to an "I told you so" if any of them do anything during their rookie seasons.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #24
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

If the Front Office does their job, Orton could yield us another second round pick. Three second round picks would be a lot of ammo, and could either jump us back into the first round, or help rebuild the defense with youth.

WIth all the unsettled QB situations, I just don't see how Orton doesn't get unloaded for decent compensation.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
You do realize that trading back isn't soley up to the FO, right? Wit hthe players on the board, it is going to be vvery very difficult for us to trade out of that spot.
no question. there isnt a guy that is irreplaceable, that can only be had from our spot taht makes this spot attractive. the #5-8 spots have prime areas to move back because of guys like dareus, gabbert, prince etc, but not #1-4.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote