The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Sticking with the 3-4

Have to say, after watching the draft, if we can trade down at all, boy would I love to get Vonn and Jordan. Two immediate impact players at DE and LB would make a immediate difference.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

If we stay with the 3-4 Dareus would be the best option at 5 tech DE and then if we could swing getting Paea or Taylor then we would definitly have something
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
primetime714

We're not sticking with the 3-4. At most the defense would be a hybrid, but Fox has always used a 4-3 base defense just cause he didn't shoot down the idea doesn't mean they're really considering it. The only way I could see them going to a 3-4 is if they hired a defensive coordinator that had more experience in that scheme. Allen has some, but has mostly worked in a 4-3 and as a defensive backs coach he hasn't been involved with the front 7 anyway.

Its a safe assumption that this team will be working off a base 4-3.

Besides with a last placed defense change is generally a good thing.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Dareus would still be a good (and safe) pick.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:43 AM   #5
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
We're not sticking with the 3-4. At most the defense would be a hybrid, but Fox has always used a 4-3 base defense just cause he didn't shoot down the idea doesn't mean they're really considering it. The only way I could see them going to a 3-4 is if they hired a defensive coordinator that had more experience in that scheme. Allen has some, but has mostly worked in a 4-3 and as a defensive backs coach he hasn't been involved with the front 7 anyway.

Its a safe assumption that this team will be working off a base 4-3.

Besides with a last placed defense change is generally a good thing.
Fox' first NFL job was DB coach under Chuck Noll in Pittsburgh, running a 3-4.

I'd personally bet on a hybrid front, seeings how Fox has talked about 4-3/3-4 isn't the most important aspect of a scheme and how we just hired a DC who has experience in the 4-3, 3-4, and is coming from a team that has been doing a lot of hybrid scheme stuff.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dareus is our target. His style of play reminds me of Sedrick Ellis and New Orleans has done great using him as a movable impact player on the DL.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Fox' first NFL job was DB coach under Chuck Noll in Pittsburgh, running a 3-4.

I'd personally bet on a hybrid front, seeings how Fox has talked about 4-3/3-4 isn't the most important aspect of a scheme and how we just hired a DC who has experience in the 4-3, 3-4, and is coming from a team that has been doing a lot of hybrid scheme stuff.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dareus is our target. His style of play reminds me of Sedrick Ellis and New Orleans has done great using him as a movable impact player on the DL.

I'd love it if Dareus is our target. Fairley, Dareus and Peterson are my top 3 if we stay at 2.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

They don't know what defense we'll be running till they evaluate the players so to say they are definitely going to run a 4-3 is not true. I believe it will be a hybrid

"I don't look at it as a huge issue," Allen said. "Each player has a unique skill set and the challenge for a coach is to find out what those guys do well. So we're going to give them opportunities to do the things that they do well, whether it's 4-3, 3-4, 4-4, it doesn't really matter. I think our challenge is finding out what our personnel can do and highlighting those strengths."

Read more: Krieger: Denver's new DC will stop a trend - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci...#ixzz1CFSUSpmb
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

it will be interesting to see if this personell first approach is able to fix what our system first approach failed at
srphoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

This sounds like what Pit does. They run more 4-3 now than 3-4 it sounds like. I'd prefer running a 3-4 100 percent of the snaps ala Pit.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
primetime714

Xanders in a recent interview said that they're adjusting their draft philosophy from the 3-4 to the "John Fox 4-3" so while we'll likely see situational 3-4 sets it seems we are moving to a the base 4-3 that John Fox has consistently run.

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/t...spx?ID=1358113
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #11
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
This sounds like what Pit does. They run more 4-3 now than 3-4 it sounds like. I'd prefer running a 3-4 100 percent of the snaps ala Pit.
What?
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: