The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default SC Interview: Brees says he played this season with a torn MCL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-312137

SC: The big news of the weekend, as I'm sure you're aware, wasn't the Steelers and the Packers advancing to the Super Bowl, but of Jay Cutler's injury. It was revealed Monday that he suffered an MCL tear. A lot of players on Twitter and television shows criticized Cutler for coming out of the game. Your teammate, Heath Evans(notes), was on ESPN today and questioned it. He said you played six weeks this season with an MCL sprain of your own. Is it ever fair to question the players toughness like that?
DB: No, it's not fair unless you know exactly what it is. And I think at this point there's varying degrees of when MCL tear or sprain can be. In essence, it's the same thing. An MCL sprain means you tore your MCL to some degree. In some cases I know players that have torn an MCL and been out for six weeks. In some cases it's four weeks. In some cases it's two. And sometimes you're able to fight through and play. None of us know exactly what is, nobody except Jay Cutler and the Bears training staff. So it's nothing that any of us have the right to comment on because we just don't know.
SC: Did you play this season with a sprained MCL?
DB: I did, I did.

SC: And will that require surgery in the off-season or is that something that heals on its own?
DB: No, it heals on its own. I think there might be the most severe cases where there might be some kind of repair that would require surgery but in the majority of cases it's something that just heals on its own.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

pwnage
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Ya gotta love Brees-tough, smart, hard worker, great football Player-just glad he's not a Charger anymore-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Saints coach Sean Payton confirmed Monday that Drew Brees played much of the 2010 season with a "low grade" MCL injury.
There were rumors of a knee injury all season for Brees. It didn't cause him to undergo surgery or miss time, but he wasn't 100 percent while throwing a career-high 22 picks. Brees' injury is not believed to have been as serious as the Grade II MCL tear that knocked Jay Cutler out of the NFC title game. Jan. 24 - 5:58 pm et
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=199325&spln=1
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Here's a question. Did Jay Cutler look disappointed that he was not in the game to you guys ?

Think of all he players that you remember being forced out of a game and recall their reactions. Was Cutler's reaction similar the those recollections?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Here's a question. Did Jay Cutler look disappointed that he was not in the game to you guys ?

Think of all he players that you remember being forced out of a game and recall their reactions. Was Cutler's reaction similar the those recollections?
NOPE.

That's exactly what I was telling my friends that day.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
Ya gotta love Brees-tough, smart, hard worker, great football Player-just glad he's not a Charger anymore-
I agree but stop using Mcdaniels verbage.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I was disappointed that Cutler wasn't in the game any more. The Pack could have put them away earlier.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

Cutler looked like he always looks: mopey and indifferent.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #10
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
I was disappointed that Cutler wasn't in the game any more. The Pack could have put them away earlier.
That is how I felt about it and it was the same with the game he got knocked out with a concussion. (Giants I think)

I really wanted to see jay play in the second half I know there was a colssic melt down and INT fest coming. I felt cheated!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
and he couldn't have gone to a more deserving team.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
NOPE.

That's exactly what I was telling my SELF that day.
I agree. Sorry about the edit to fit my humble opinion.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Let it go
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #14
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

He looked like Jay Cutler. Always on an even keel whether he's winning or losing.

But yeah, I thought he looked disappointed.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #15
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
He looked like Jay Cutler. Always on an even keel whether he's winning or losing.

But yeah, I thought he looked disappointed.

You actually made me laugh with that post.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I really don't understand this Jay Cutler argument. First it was he was a wuss because he didn't go out there on an injured knee. Then it's, ok, his knee is injured, but did he LOOK like he was disappointed? Um, what? That's stupid. What are you saying, that he was GLAD his knee was injured and he couldn't play in the game? I mean, say what you will about Jay Cutler, but the guy is a competitor. The idea that he was relieved that his knee was injured and he wouldn't be able to play in the championship game he worked hard for all season is moronic.

The guy had a bad game, there's no doubt about it. That entire team looked like they were gasping for air on the stage. But I have no doubts that Jay Cutler was disappointed and frustrated that he had to sit out. What's he going to do? Stomp up and down the sidelines? He's an even keel guy. He takes things in stride.

The thing that speaks the loudest to me is how Urlacher and his teammates rallied around him. That's their guy, and good for them. I'm not sure why any Denver fans are wasting their time on it when we've got our own team coming together.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #17
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by HombreGuapo View Post
Cutler looked like he always looks: mopey and indifferent.
Yes, he looked like he always does, like it was somebody else's fault.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #18
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Does it matter? what are you trying to prove by saying this? That he looks mopey, disinterested, and apathetic? Kinda like... how he always looks?

Again, hate the guy because he scorned your precious team, hate him because the site of him makes you annoyed, hate him because he doesn't act like Brett Favre on the sideline, but if you're trying to imply anything else using those facts as evidence, you're a ****ing idiot.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #19
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
I really don't understand this Jay Cutler argument. First it was he was a wuss because he didn't go out there on an injured knee. Then it's, ok, his knee is injured, but did he LOOK like he was disappointed? Um, what? That's stupid. What are you saying, that he was GLAD his knee was injured and he couldn't play in the game? I mean, say what you will about Jay Cutler, but the guy is a competitor. The idea that he was relieved that his knee was injured and he wouldn't be able to play in the championship game he worked hard for all season is moronic.

The guy had a bad game, there's no doubt about it. That entire team looked like they were gasping for air on the stage. But I have no doubts that Jay Cutler was disappointed and frustrated that he had to sit out. What's he going to do? Stomp up and down the sidelines? He's an even keel guy. He takes things in stride.

The thing that speaks the loudest to me is how Urlacher and his teammates rallied around him. That's their guy, and good for them. I'm not sure why any Denver fans are wasting their time on it when we've got our own team coming together.
Really, TJ? The defense looked like they were gasping for air? I mean, I agree that Cutler shouldnt have come back in if he was hurt...I also think that his coaching staff didnt do him any media favors by not giving him ice or crutches, etc...however, he didnt just look disappointed, he also looked disinterested which i could care less about...but the Bears fans I was around and talking to were PISSED about it. I was used to the Cutler face, but I guess they haven't seen enough of it yet to take it in stride and just accept it as how he looks

hes an average to above average QB who still needs a signature win to reach another level...thats the real end game here I think
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #20
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Does it matter? what are you trying to prove by saying this? That he looks mopey, disinterested, and apathetic? Kinda like... how he always looks?

Again, hate the guy because he scorned your precious team, hate him because the site of him makes you annoyed, hate him because he doesn't act like Brett Favre on the sideline, but if you're trying to imply anything else using those facts as evidence, you're a ****ing idiot.
You do understand it was a question right.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #21
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm not sure why any Denver fans are wasting their time on it when we've got our own team coming together.
Ah, the question.

The answers:

A. Lingering emotions from his departure - they can deny it all they want, but they still care or they wouldn't keep talking about it. Of course, there is a second facet to this...

B. The opportunity to engage in conflict with others due to individual issues. There are probably a lot of different reasons for this and they vary from person to person but a lot of people here have social interaction issues.

C. Some people are just ****ing idiots.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #22
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You do understand it was a question right.
a question loaded with implications, nitwit.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:

Dude, the guy had dinner plans on his mind. Give him a break.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #24
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post

hes an average to above average QB who still needs a signature win to reach another level...thats the real end game here I think
I think what you mean is, he is already at that level, he just needs to be more consistent AND win that big game before the PERCEPTION of him reaches that level.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #25
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:

I see you are still batting 1000% in your QB evaluations.