The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Senior Bowl Practice start today @ 3:30 eastern

Senior bowl Practices start today draftniks. Time to move on from the past and start embracing the future:

Senior Bowl Schedule: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Dang beat me to it.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The way things are going now, pretty soon we'll need a Junior's Bowl.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It sure would be nice to see some of the juniors in an all star game, with the amount of them that are ranked so high this year.

Also more importantly, soon we will know who has man boobs this year.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
denver CHIEFS FAN SLAYER

If you don't watch these episodes, you are doing a disservice to the Orange Mane.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I agree. I wish they would allow Juniors in the new NFLPA bowl, which is the former Texas v. Nation game. That would allow them to get more time for the rosters, but the NCAA does not like the Juniors to play in allstar bowls so we shall see.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

The sad thing is that I recall back in the Saban years, this was something I actually looked forward to for finding optimism. I'll watch, but I can't get too excited till the combine and college days. To me the bowls are more about seeing what linemen get beat and exposed. A guy can move up with a good game, but he's got to show it at the combine too or it could be a fluke where he showed up, but some other guys treated the game less seriously.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
It sure would be nice to see some of the juniors in an all star game, with the amount of them that are ranked so high this year.

Also more importantly, soon we will know who has man boobs this year.
exactly
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz someone take notes for me...

i'll be busy

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
The sad thing is that I recall back in the Saban years, this was something I actually looked forward to for finding optimism. I'll watch, but I can't get too excited till the combine and college days. To me the bowls are more about seeing what linemen get beat and exposed. A guy can move up with a good game, but he's got to show it at the combine too or it could be a fluke where he showed up, but some other guys treated the game less seriously.
I disagree. You have to watch to see how players respond to best on best practices. 9 on 7, passing drills, and Lineman 1 on 1's are really telling for players in this game. Also, you have to look to see who can take pro pace practices and coaching. That is why every scout comes for the first 3 days and then over half of them leave.

They are not the end all, be all, but they expose guys who are going to struggle to make the jump mentally at the next level. A large part of the process for evaluating guys who can get it done in their first year or who is going to need time IMHO.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #11
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I disagree. You have to watch to see how players respond to best on best practices. 9 on 7, passing drills, and Lineman 1 on 1's are really telling for players in this game. Also, you have to look to see who can take pro pace practices and coaching. That is why every scout comes for the first 3 days and then over half of them leave.

They are not the end all, be all, but they expose guys who are going to struggle to make the jump mentally at the next level. A large part of the process for evaluating guys who can get it done in their first year or who is going to need time IMHO.
Oh, I agree with that. I just meant the game itself. It's just that casual fans will gloom onto to some guy who has a beast of a game. In past years the prospect profiles at nfl.com by Schram and others pretty much say who really impressed coaches with their senior bowl. If I had the time and tv access, I'd prolly watch practices too.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #12
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
Oh, I agree with that. I just meant the game itself. It's just that casual fans will gloom onto to some guy who has a beast of a game. In past years the prospect profiles at nfl.com by Schram and others pretty much say who really impressed coaches with their senior bowl. If I had the time and tv access, I'd prolly watch practices too.
OK, that makes sense. Did not realize you were talking about the game, the game is not really the showcase, the first three practices in pads are what they really want to see.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #13
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Well I think Jay Cutler is made of poo and ......oh! An actual Bronco-relevant thread!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #14
denver CHIEFS FAN SLAYER

two minutes!!! Turn on your TV sets.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Thank God something not Cutler
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #16
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Anyone know if Elway is there?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #17
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

http://news.vanderbilt.edu/2005/11/v...-roster-59157/

Vanderbilt’s electrifying quarterback Jay Cutler, the SEC’s leading passer in 2005 who rewrote the school record book while leading the Commodores to their best season in years, is the first player named to the roster for the 2006 Senior Bowl, presented by Food World, bowl officials announced today.

“Jay is not only an outstanding talent and individual, but also one of the most exciting players in all of college football in 2005,” said Senior Bowl media relations director Vic Knight. “He also has a tremendous future at the next level, and we’re very pleased to be able to feature his talents in this year’s Senior Bowl.”

“It’s a great honor to be selected to play, much less be the first player named to the Senior Bowl. To have NFL coaches instructing you and to gain from their experience and have the opportunity to show what you can do is a big plus,” Cutler said. “I owe a lot to my coaches at Vanderbilt who have worked with me to help my progress. I’m also looking forward to the opportunity of playing with and against many of the nation’s best players in the Senior Bowl.”

Cutler will become the first Commodore quarterback to appear in the prestigious Senior Bowl since former Vanderbilt All-American Bill Wade played in 1952. Wade went on to an 11-year NFL career with the Los Angeles Rams and Chicago Bears.

Cutler led the Southeastern Conference with 3,073 passing yards during a remarkable senior season which saw him set numerous school passing and total offense marks.
He was also the SEC’s leader in touchdown passes with 21 and total offense with 3,288 yards, and had seven games with 275 or more passing yards.

The 6-3, 228-pounder from Santa Claus, Ind., finished his career the holder of 20 different school passing and total offense records, including career marks for total offense with 9,953, touchdown passes with 59, passing yardage with 8,697, and completions with 710.
A semifinalist for both the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award and Johnny Unitas Golden Arm awards, Cutler threw for 1,071 yards and 12 TD’s in Vandy’s final three games – a 28-24 win over Tennessee and narrow losses to Florida (49-42 in 2 OT’s) and Kentucky (48-43).

Against Florida, he completed 28-42 for 361 yards and four scores in the double overtime thriller as he rallied the Commodores to 21 fourth quarter points to tie the game at 35-35 with just 54 seconds left to play.

He also became the school’s all-time career passing leader during the contest, breaking the former mark set by Greg Zolman from 1998-2001.

Against Kentucky, he set another school single game record with 39 completions, good for 395 yards and school record-tying five touchdowns.

In the upset victory over Tennessee, he was 27-39 for 315 yards and three more scores, the last coming with just 1:11 remaining in the game to give the Commodores their first win over the Vols since 1982. For his efforts, he was also named SEC Offensive Player of the Week.

Cutler grabbed the attention of the college football world early in the 2005 season by engineering Vanderbilt to the school’s first 4-0 start since 1984, which included thrilling victories over Wake Forest, Arkansas and Ole Miss.

A four-year starter for the Commodores who holds the school record for career starts by a quarterback with 45, Cutler threw for 1,844 yards and 10 TD’s as a junior, 2,347 and 18 scores as a sophomore, and 1,433 yards and 10 TD’s as a freshman in 2002 in becoming just the second quarterback in school history to lead the team in passing four different seasons.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Anyone know if Elway is there?
Was about to ask the same thing...
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #19
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I hope Elway does show
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #20
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

He said he'd be there....
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #21
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

According to Andrew Mason, a lot of Broncos coaches and personnel are there, which he says is much different from years past.

My buddies Scott and Shane (NFL Draft Countdown) are there right now, and are doing a lot of player interviews. I might get the nod to help them transcribe some of them, and if I do, I'll be sure to post the links, etc.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #22
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I like Kerrigan so far.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #23
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
According to Andrew Mason, a lot of Broncos coaches and personnel are there, which he says is much different from years past.

My buddies Scott and Shane (NFL Draft Countdown) are there right now, and are doing a lot of player interviews. I might get the nod to help them transcribe some of them, and if I do, I'll be sure to post the links, etc.
That would be awesome! Glad to hear that the Broncos have some personnel there as the practices give a great insight on the capability of these seniors!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #24
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post

You know Scott? Tell him to do some homework on the Broncos plz He always infuriates me whenever he mentions them.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #25
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default Elway sighting in Mobile!

What a pimp.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote