The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default Front of ESPN: Kobe: Nuggets fans are 'idiots' for booing Melo

http://espn.go.com/

Kobe Bryant calls out fans for booing

DENVER -- Kobe Bryant clarified his remarks that Denver Nuggets fans are "stupid" for booing Carmelo Anthony over his trade stance.

The Lakers were in town to play the Nuggets, and after shootaround Friday, Bryant was asked again about Anthony getting roundly booed following his 35-point performance against Oklahoma City 48 hours earlier.

"I said they were idiots for booing," Bryant recounted.


It's stupid. You don't boo him. It's silly. You boo him the first time, let him know how you feel and get over it.

-- Kobe Bryant
Reminded that a day earlier he had characterized those frustrated fans as "stupid" for booing their own superstar, Bryant replied, "Stupid and idiots are synonymous."

Idiots might be harsher.

"I don't know," Bryant said. "They're close. They're cousins."

Either way, the Los Angeles Lakers star who regularly gets booed at Pepsi Center himself, contends Anthony -- his teammate on the 2008 Olympic gold-medal team -- doesn't deserve similar treatment from his home crowd.

Bryant quieted the Nuggets fans his own way, scoring 14 of his 18 points in the decisive third quarter as the Lakers won 107-97.

He suggested that if Anthony were at all waffling about his desire for a trade, the Nuggets fans' hostile treatment just might push him out of Denver.

"Melo's a good friend of mine and it's the truth," Bryant said after the game. "It's stupid. You don't boo him. It's silly. You boo him the first time, let him know how you feel and get over it."

Read the rest through the link
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,554
Default

You need to take yoga or become a buddhist or something. You are way too anal retentive.

Relax.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

How hilarious is this... honestly... the media just doesn't give a damn about Denver.


And please - any real city would have boo'd the **** out of Kobe yesterday. Don't come in here saying, we don't care what he thinks, rapists, etc...

Cuz yesterday all I heard from the crowd for Kobe was:



Not to add the announcers telling the viewers of the nationally televised game many LAker fans were there... a ****load.

But hey, ya'll are used that aren't you?
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

sounds like someone wanted an excuse to diss the people in Colorado...

i wonder why, hmmm?...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,542
Default

This has turned into an unhealthy obsession.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

They are idiots. OP is too.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

This is why this board is such a worthless sack of ****. The moderators just sit back while this horrible piece of crap troll creates worthless thread after worthless thread that clog up the front page. **** this site.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Oh, you realize the population of Denver is largely transplants, right? You realize a fair chunk of them are from California, right? You realize the lakers have more bandwagon fans than any other NBA team not called the Heat, right?

Please go.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #9
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

They're not idiots. If Denver fans were to still be demonstrating hope, people would be calling them naive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #10
Homer Simpson
╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
 
Homer Simpson's Avatar
 
...speak up, I'm wearing a toga

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield
Posts: 765

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fone Bone
Default

He hates everyone here but is so sad that starts multiple threads a day and some twice?

Actually, changed my mind. This is hilarious. It's all he has.

Last edited by Homer Simpson; 01-22-2011 at 10:44 AM..
Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
Obushma
Ring of Famer
 
Obushma's Avatar
 
Bring your lunch pail

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SLC Utah
Posts: 2,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
This is why this board is such a worthless sack of ****. The moderators just sit back while this horrible piece of crap troll creates worthless thread after worthless thread that clog up the front page. **** this site.
Have a nice day!!!
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #12
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
http://espn.go.com/

Kobe Bryant calls out fans for booing

DENVER -- Kobe Bryant clarified his remarks that Denver Nuggets fans are "stupid" for booing Carmelo Anthony over his trade stance.

The Lakers were in town to play the Nuggets, and after shootaround Friday, Bryant was asked again about Anthony getting roundly booed following his 35-point performance against Oklahoma City 48 hours earlier.

"I said they were idiots for booing," Bryant recounted.


It's stupid. You don't boo him. It's silly. You boo him the first time, let him know how you feel and get over it.

-- Kobe Bryant
Reminded that a day earlier he had characterized those frustrated fans as "stupid" for booing their own superstar, Bryant replied, "Stupid and idiots are synonymous."

Idiots might be harsher.

"I don't know," Bryant said. "They're close. They're cousins."

Either way, the Los Angeles Lakers star who regularly gets booed at Pepsi Center himself, contends Anthony -- his teammate on the 2008 Olympic gold-medal team -- doesn't deserve similar treatment from his home crowd.

Bryant quieted the Nuggets fans his own way, scoring 14 of his 18 points in the decisive third quarter as the Lakers won 107-97.

He suggested that if Anthony were at all waffling about his desire for a trade, the Nuggets fans' hostile treatment just might push him out of Denver.

"Melo's a good friend of mine and it's the truth," Bryant said after the game. "It's stupid. You don't boo him. It's silly. You boo him the first time, let him know how you feel and get over it."

Read the rest through the link
dude get the **** out of here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #13
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyNatural View Post
Have a nice day!!!
**** you
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #14
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

It's an ESPN article.. it's on the front page of ESPN... it's the off-season... it's about the city of Denver...

So please, this is getting national attention, obviously it should be talked about.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #15
Obushma
Ring of Famer
 
Obushma's Avatar
 
Bring your lunch pail

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SLC Utah
Posts: 2,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
**** you
Quote:
**** this site
Oh, you're back already
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #16
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

shut the **** up you dumb ****ing clown. nobody ****ing likes you, you fat piece of ****.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

shut the **** up you dumb mormon piece of ****. go ****ing clean your stupid ****ing magic underwear or something.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #18
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
shut the **** up you dumb mormon piece of ****. go ****ing clean your stupid ****ing magic underwear or something.
you should say it a third time, that would definitely get your point across
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #19
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
It's an ESPN article.. it's on the front page of ESPN... it's the off-season... it's about the city of Denver...

So please, this is getting national attention, obviously it should be talked about.
There have always been lots of Laker fans in Denver. Same with Salt Lake and other western cities. The Lakers are a winning team for decades which leads to lots of fans.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #20
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
How hilarious is this... honestly... the media just doesn't give a damn about Denver.
When has the media ever gave a damn about Denver?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #21
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
There have always been lots of Laker fans in Denver. Same with Salt Lake and other western cities. The Lakers are a winning team for decades which leads to lots of fans.
I know, that's the point... Denver doesn't have a strong fan base, the Lakers do.

Which means, Denver isn't a "winning city for decades" which is my point here...

But yes, like the Lakers, the Steelers and Cowboys fall in the same category.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #22
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
When has the media ever gave a damn about Denver?
You're right. That's all I'm saying... I've actually been saying this FOREVER going back years but now that I'm taking a stronger stance of what I'm saying, people think I'm not telling the truth.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #23
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
I know, that's the point... Denver doesn't have a strong fan base, the Lakers do.

Which means, Denver isn't a "winning city for decades" which is my point here...

But yes, like the Lakers, the Steelers and Cowboys fall in the same category.
That was your first good point I've ever read, its refreshing. The Lakers will have a huge fanbase at every single game they play in even if its in Toronto. That is just the Lakers. The same reason why I would guess the Steelers are the favorite football team in a small town in Eastern Montana and not the Broncos or Vikings because they're closest
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #24
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
That was your first good point I've ever read, its refreshing. The Lakers will have a huge fanbase at every single game they play in even if its in Toronto. That is just the Lakers. The same reason why I would guess the Steelers are the favorite football team in a small town in Eastern Montana and not the Broncos or Vikings because they're closest
Yessir.

However, it is inexcusable for a two time SB championship team, in a football city like Denver, to be filled with Steelers' (defending champs) fans on Monday night football and have the whole tailgating lot filled with black and yellow.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #25
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Karenin meltdown.

Somebody call 911 in his area.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Denver Broncos