The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Tim Tebow our QOTF?
Yes, if the rest of the team shapes up, we could win a Super Bowl 112 88.19%
No, we have a few painful years to endure while everyone else figures this out. 15 11.81%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default So, is Tebow the answer?

I know there have been multiple Tebow threads, but just wanted to catch the pulse of the board after our season has died down a bit. Is he the QOTF, or just another Josh mistake?

Personally, I think his intangibles will get us into the playoffs in 2-4 years, providing of course we get some defense. Is he a Super Bowl QB? Could be. Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, and Jeff Hostetler won titles. If those guys can do it, I think Tim is in the same talent league.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
ghostofjosh

absolutley
Old 01-22-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

you should'a made a poll.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
you should'a made a poll.
Done, oh king of polls.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

All the other QB's you mentioned had a team that focused on the run game and a solid defense.

If we do indeed find the staff/personnel to establish a top 10 run game coupled with a top 10 defense, TT could win Superbowls. It's a team thing here, and Tebow is definitely not the weak link.

One other thing, if this team gets moving in the right direction it will be absolutely electric. Tebow's star could burn as brightly as any NFL player in the past couple decades if this organization places the right components around him. Win or lose, i'm buying his jersey and going "all in" as a fan because he gives everything every game - I love that.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

What's interesting (to me at least) is I would like to know what kind of leash the fans will give Tebow this year.

Meaning, let's say Tebow is terrible. That means we're looking at another crappy year and we'll be at the top of the draft again in 2012. So if Tebow is bad and we have a whole year of evaluation, will people then want to draft Andrew Luck next year?

And I'm not trying to start the Luck debate all over again. But it's going to be an interesting dynamic, as we will have a lot more time to see Tebow play. I wish Tebow nothing more but the best, because if he plays well the team will win, and that's what we all want. But if he doesn't play well, it's going to be an interesting scene with Luck coming out in 2012, IMO.

And I know QBs need time to develop, and one year might not even be fair to Tebow. But such is life in the NFL. Not always fair.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Done, oh king of polls.
What am I going to do with you? You made it private. Gezzzz
Old 01-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
What's interesting (to me at least) is I would like to know what kind of leash the fans will give Tebow this year.

Meaning, let's say Tebow is terrible. That means we're looking at another crappy year and we'll be at the top of the draft again in 2012. So if Tebow is bad and we have a whole year of evaluation, will people then want to draft Andrew Luck next year?

And I'm not trying to start the Luck debate all over again. But it's going to be an interesting dynamic, as we will have a lot more time to see Tebow play. I wish Tebow nothing more but the best, because if he plays well the team will win, and that's what we all want. But if he doesn't play well, it's going to be an interesting scene with Luck coming out in 2012, IMO.

And I know QBs need time to develop, and one year might not even be fair to Tebow. But such is life in the NFL. Not always fair.
I'll answer that most of the board will want to trade him for a first round pick and draft Luck oh and fire Fox...
Old 01-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #9
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
All the other QB's you mentioned had a team that focused on the run game and a solid defense.

If we do indeed find the staff/personnel to establish a top 10 run game coupled with a top 10 defense, TT could win Superbowls. It's a team thing here, and Tebow is definitely not the weak link.

One other thing, if this team gets moving in the right direction it will be absolutely electric. Tebow's star could burn as brightly as any NFL player in the past couple decades if this organization places the right components around him. Win or lose, i'm buying his jersey and going "all in" as a fan because he gives everything every game - I love that.
He does that to ya doesn't he.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'm still conflicted on Tebow. I love the way he plays and the energy and excitement he brings, but does he have what it takes to carry this team to an elite level, the way Elway could? I still don't know.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
broncoblue
english not british!!

SUPERBOWL...especially as my mum chased 250 miles out of her way to get me an orange tebow jersey for christmas!!
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I have rarely gone off the deep end in my life. I'm fairly cool headed and objective. I don't subscribe to hero worship as I see the human in everyone and put their deeds in the proper perspective.

Tebow has made me get in touch with the boy Inside of me. I am borderline psychopathic in my high regard for him. I do have hero worship. And I love it. He is my John Wayne.

As I become an adult I have lost alot of the magic that one feels for things and people. I justify and analyze things to the point where I nver get lost in the moment anymore.

Tim tebow will not only restore winning in Denver, he will restore the love of Heroes. I am beyond all in, and right or wrong I love tebow to the point of creepiness.

Tebow will win. I believe this. And the critics, naysayers and generally negetive people will miss out and for that I am sad. I say sit back relax and enjoy the ride because at the end of the day, tebow is deserving of my faith in him.

Go broncos and god bless.

Last edited by OABB; 01-22-2011 at 08:28 AM..
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #13
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
I have rarely gone off the deep end in my life. I'm fairly cool headed and objective. I don't subscribe to hero worship as I see the human in everyone and put their deeds in the proper perspective.

Tebow has made me get in touch with the boy Inside of me. I am borderline psychopathic in my high regard for him. I do have hero worship. And I love it. He is my John Wayne.

As I become an adult I have lost alot of the magic that one feels for things and people. I justify and analyze things to the point where I nver get lost in the moment anymore.

Tim tebow will not only restore winning in Denver, he will restore the love of Heroes. I am beyond all in, and right or wrong I love tebow to the point of creepiness.

Tebow will win. I believe this. And the critics, naysayers and generally negetive people will miss out and for that I am sad. I say sit back relax and enjoy the ride because at the end of the day, tebow is deserving of my faith in him.

Go broncos and god bless.
I love this post. I might print it, frame it, and replace one of my family pictures on the wall with it. Its that good.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #14
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

The thing about Tebow is that it's really a all or nothing thing. Either his game was not going to translate at all in the NFL, or it's all going to translate, and he is going to be able to dominate.

I'm on the record saying that he just might end up being the league's next superstar. But he is going to need help to be put in a position to win.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #15
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Tebow has all the talent in the world for that position, and his intangibles are off the chart. There is no reason to think the kid won't pick up a pro style offense. Once he spends a few months working on his reads on his drop backs with the same guys he's going to throw to on Sunday, he'll be able to function as a pocket passer, and still have all the other things that make us excited.

Tebow is a good candidate for most improved player next year. I think we'll see a quantum leap in the guy.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #16
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Tebow has all the talent in the world for that position, and his intangibles are off the chart. There is no reason to think the kid won't pick up a pro style offense. Once he spends a few months working on his reads on his drop backs with the same guys he's going to throw to on Sunday, he'll be able to function as a pocket passer, and still have all the other things that make us excited.

Tebow is a good candidate for most improved player next year. I think we'll see a quantum leap in the guy.
Remember Cutler lovers if we had Jay there would be no Tebow.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #17
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

...and if we did not have Josh McDaniels there would be no Tim Tebow here.

Say what you want about McD but he was smart enough to work the draft so he could get Tebow at the perfect spot in the draft.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #18
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
I know there have been multiple Tebow threads, but just wanted to catch the pulse of the board after our season has died down a bit. Is he the QOTF, or just another Josh mistake?

Personally, I think his intangibles will get us into the playoffs in 2-4 years, providing of course we get some defense. Is he a Super Bowl QB? Could be. Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, and Jeff Hostetler won titles. If those guys can do it, I think Tim is in the same talent league.
Tebow is much more talented than any of those guys. Trent Dilfer? Are you serious? Did you ever see Trent Dilfer make the kind of plays this kid does? He doesn't even come close to these comparisoins. I don't get the continued lack of understanding about what we're looking at. This guys is more in the mold of Roethlisberger than he is Dilfer...and no, I'm not among the idiots who think Roethlisberger, despite his ugly character issues, is not a very talented player. Doug Williams won a superbowl because he was playing against one of Dan Reeve's infamous finesse defenses and Hoestetler just drove the bus.

Tebow is the least of our worries.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #19
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm still conflicted on Tebow. I love the way he plays and the energy and excitement he brings, but does he have what it takes to carry this team to an elite level, the way Elway could? I still don't know.
Actually, that's the part that I think Tebow has proven he can do. When they "unleash the Tebow" he's pretty damn unstoppable. The problem is that you can't play every down that way, or Tebow's going to get knocked out of games.

It's proving that the can do the every day stuff, that will be the hardest thing.

With Tebow, it's going to be a all or nothing thing. He is either going to wash out of the leauge, or he is going to dominate it. I know which one I think will happen. You don't bet against Tebow.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
...and if we did not have Josh McDaniels there would be no Tim Tebow here.

Say what you want about McD but he was smart enough to work the draft so he could get Tebow at the perfect spot in the draft.
Indeed, he shares something in common with this other one-hit wonder when you think about it.

footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #21
schaaf

I don't ever think Tebow will be the type that leads the league in passing, or has the highest passer rating or completion percentage.

But I think Tebow will prove that he can change the position of Quarterback into something the NFL has never seen before and I think it will be very successful. The kid is a winner, he has been bet against his entire life and look at him now. He is everything a fan would want for their team.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #22
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tebow is consumed by football. Anyone with the passion he has for anything tends to succeed.

I agree with John Elway, that Tebow is currently a great athlete that will have to be coached up to become a great QB, and he has the critical ingredient to do that, drive and determination.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #23
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Quote:
Remember Cutler lovers if we had Jay there would be no Tebow.
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Jay and a rebuilt defense, our team would be in much better shape. But McDaniels happened, like the plague happened, and we just move on...

Isn't there an anti-Shanahan or a McDaniels-lovers meeting you should be at?
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #24
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Tebow has shown that he can play quarterback in the NFL. Now the question is can he be a good one.

He showed flashes in his three starts. But completing 50% of his passes isn't going to cut it. I don't see him as being a guy who will complete 65% of his passes, mainly because he likes to go down field. But if he can get into the high 50s to low 60s he'll be fine. But if he continues to be in the low 50s, that's going to be a problem.

He gets next year to show improvement, but if he stinks, I'd say pull the plug.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #25
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I don't ever think Tebow will be the type that leads the league in passing, or has the highest passer rating or completion percentage.

But I think Tebow will prove that he can change the position of Quarterback into something the NFL has never seen before and I think it will be very successful. The kid is a winner, he has been bet against his entire life and look at him now. He is everything a fan would want for their team.
I agree. I don't think Tim will be successful throwing the ball 40-45 times a game, but with a solid running game, I think he will kill teams of off play action. This is true especially as he gets better dropping back, and better taking snaps under center. He will also excel as the play breaks down, just like he did at Florida, and even this year in his limited opportunities. I really think if we want to maximize Tebow's abilities though we really need to address RB and TE via free agency. I'd even be cool with taking a RB with a 3rd this year, especially if/when we deal Orton for a pick.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote