The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Default Chicago paper on Cutler

Leading his team to a lopsided win over the Seattle Seahawks in a divisional playoff game was not a defining moment in Jay Cutler’s as-yet-undefined career — no matter how many wrote or said otherwise.

Beating the worst playoff team in history at home is not how legends are forged.

All Cutler proved last week was that a mid-sized moment wasn’t too big for him. It’s going to take a stronger statement for people to quit viewing him as a more fleet-of-foot version of Rex Grossman. It’s going to take a win over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday at Soldier Field for Cutler to begin to earn the respect every quarterback craves.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...arterback.html

I know what to expect out of Rodgers. I don’t know what I’ll get from Jay Cutler. Even in the Bears’ playoff victory over Seattle — one of Cutler’s best games of the season — there were two, maybe three passes the Seahawks could have picked off. Could have, but didn’t. Will Cutler be so careless and lucky against the Packers?

You’ll often hear quarterbacks say they’re playing against the opposing defense, not the opposing quarterback. But this is as close to a cage match of two QBs as you’re going to get. Rodgers the wise, skilled operator vs. Cutler the physically gifted, mercurial question mark.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...er-season.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

after listening to sirius radio a lot, the general public really doesnt like cutler much.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
after listening to sirius radio a lot, the general public really doesnt like cutler much.
Nope. ESPN radio did "confidence picks" on all four QBs for this weekend and Cutler came in fourth. A strong performance and a win against GB will do a lot to elevate his reputation. A loss and poor performance will cement his current rep.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He wins a super bowl it ain't gonna make a damn differance what his attitude is like or whether people like him or not.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I was just thinking, how come we never discuss cutler very much here? And than this beauty of a thread popped up.

So..... What is everyone's opinion onthe man? Do we like the trade? Did we get good compensation?

Discuss.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I forsee great things for this thread.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
And than this beauty of a thread popped up.
Quiet today and I couldn't resist. I thought it was interesting that a couple of Chicago Sun Times articles were echoing what a lot of us are saying in the Cutler discussions this week.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Quiet today and I couldn't resist. I thought it was interesting that a couple of Chicago Sun Times articles were echoing what a lot of us are saying in the Cutler discussions this week.

But but but...he did something only Otto Graham ever did...automatically makes him the best QB ever...

If Green Bay wins this week alot of these Cutler threads are quickly going to drop off the front page.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

they said on sirius radio today, if sanchez wins this next playoff game, he will have more road playoff wins than any QB ever
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
they said on sirius radio today, if sanchez wins this next playoff game, he will have more road playoff wins than any QB ever
Sanchez is an odd case because he generally sucks all season and then seems to rise to the occasion in the playoffs.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #11
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Not another ****ing Cutler thread....let it go....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #12
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

The sound you hear is goalposts constantly being moved back. Here are the facts: 1) We're 4-12. 2) Cutler is in the NFC Title Game.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #14
BroncosMT
Back in Big Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Not another ****ing Cutler thread....let it go....
This
BroncosMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Funny how you conveniently left out this part of the article. Now, that is some funny ****.

"Bears fans can take consolation in the fact I’ve been wrong often this season. The team has surprised me at almost every step, and it might surprise me again Sunday. But I don’t think so."

Yeah, I can see why the McD nuthuggers are latching on to this guy's words. Too funny.
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
CEH
Ring of Famer

This game will not change my mind on whether I think the trade was in the best interests of the Denver Broncos. Now maybe if Cutler retires after the season and never plays again I might have to change my mind and agree with the Anti Cutler crowd.

Even if Tebow goes on to become an All Pro I don't believe the way you build a football team is to trade talent and then use the aquired pick to replace the same positition
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #17
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

BTW I'm glad you guys are admitting that you are now bound by Woody or Kiszla's opinions going forward because that's exactly what you are doing here...."see....see...the writers in his own city don't like him, so therefore its true that he sucks".
Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemonkey View Post
Funny how you conveniently left out this part of the article. Now, that is some funny ****.

"Bears fans can take consolation in the fact Iíve been wrong often this season. The team has surprised me at almost every step, and it might surprise me again Sunday. But I donít think so."

Yeah, I can see why the McD nuthuggers are latching on to this guy's words. Too funny.

Aww. What is funny is that you believe a Bears win somehow validates your opinion. If you believe McDaniels was wrong, that should be good enough. For the people who don't care Cutler is gone, they will continue to not care.

Which reminds me. Any luck finding my posts where I bashed the team?

Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #19
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Can someone please why you must be a McD "nuthugger" if you think Cutler is not a good quarterback?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #20
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
BTW I'm glad you guys are admitting that you are now bound by Woody or Kiszla's opinions going forward because that's exactly what you are doing here...."see....see...the writers in his own city don't like him, so therefore its true that he sucks".
True. Sportswriters have no perspective on the team they cover. At all.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #21
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Aww. What is funny is that you believe a Bears win somehow validates your opinion. If you believe McDaniels was wrong, that should be good enough. For the people who don't care Cutler is gone, they will continue to not care.

Which reminds me. Any luck finding my posts where I bashed the team?

If you don't care, why do keep posting in threads like this? Right.

I don't need to waste any more heartbeats on you. You continue to support McD's decisions.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #22
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Here is my feeling on Cutler threads that he is no longer a Bronco (from the time he was traded until now)....

Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #23
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Here is my feeling on Cutler threads that he is no longer a Bronco (from the time he was traded until now)....

. That is some funny ****.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #24
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemonkey View Post
If you don't care, why do keep posting in threads like this? Right.

I don't need to waste any more heartbeats on you. You continue to support McD's decisions.
What's wrong with supporting McDaniels' decisions? The team really sucked with him but its not like the guy didn't make one singular good move. You think the Broncos would be in the playoffs if we had Cutler? Please.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #25
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
What's wrong with supporting McDaniels' decisions? The team really sucked with him but its not like the guy didn't make one singular good move. You think the Broncos would be in the playoffs if we had Cutler? Please.
It's highly likely that the Denver Broncos would not be 4-12 and in worst shape in franchise history if Cutler was kept and the emphasis was put on defense. That said, I have a renewed sense of excitement now that a true Bronco in Elway is at the helm and the Cheatriot fungus has taken a demotion in St. Louie.