The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #126
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Actually plenty of cultures have and do. Infanticide is as old as time itself.
Doesn't make it right.

Name another species that kills it's young because they find their off spring inconvenient.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #127
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The thing that bothers me the most is the willful "ignorance" on the part of the health department. They pretended not to know what was going on despite the avalanche of evidence to the contrary. As stated in the grand jury report, there was a concern that any sort of inspection on Gosnell's clinic would serve to limit access to abortion services. They intentionally neglected to inspect his clinic even when multiple specific complaints were hand delivered to the Health Department by physicians. The ONLY reason he was ever busted was because of his separate narcotic pill mill raid by the DEA.

Imagine if he would have fixed a rusty bayonet to an assault rifle and performed his "operation," followed by a gunshot to the fetal skull after delivery. Same results -- perforated hollow organs to the mothers, and lethal wound to the base of the fetal skulls. How long would he have been allowed to practice? There literally would be no difference in the outcomes. Yet the politics involving the manner in which he committed murder allowed him to do so for decades, and become filthy rich in the process. This was criminal beyond the scope of imagination, and it had a willing accomplice by the regulatory agencies responsible for preventing such atrocities.
Lol. I had no idea at the time how prophetic this post was. Add a couple of mass shootings and a lockstep liberal press to the mix.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #128
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Lol. I had no idea at the time how prophetic this post was. Add a couple of mass shootings and a lockstep liberal press to the mix.
This is why my dog is my best friend, I don't have much use for most people. They generally disgust me.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #129
Mecklomaniac
Pro Bowler
 
Mecklomaniac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WA
Posts: 679

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
And just to prove my point, this rediculous statement gets national media coverage... but the trial of an accused serial murderer of full term infants being born alive and subsequently decapitated with scissors doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Sorry,but apparently everybody has moved on or simply don't care as much as you do.
  • Clean room for whites, dirty rooms for poor and minorities. Peacepipe don't care
  • 15 year old restrained against her will and had abortion performed. Peacepipe don't care.
  • Infanticide. Baby's born alive and decapitated 20minutes later. Peacepipe don't care.
  • Untrained, unlicensed staff including a 15 year old administering anesthesia. Patients dieing under anesthesia. Peacepipe don't care.
  • Multiple complaints ignored while department of health looks the other way for decades. Peacepipe don't care.
  • Dieing babies screaming among the discarded parts. Peacepipe don't care
  • Clinic staff pleading guilty to murder. Peacepipe don't care.
  • Routinely doing abortions after state 24 week limit. Peacepipe don't care.


Love the bleeding heart liberal compassion.

You save the whales
You save the seals
You save whatever is cute and squeals
But kill the baby fresh from the womb
Would not want no baby boom.
Mecklomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #130
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

/

Kirsten Powers, a liberal, points out the wall-to-wall coverage of the Carnival "poop cruise." Yet not a word about the Gosnell trial.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #131
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I don't support or condone what this one man did,but I don't believe the ultimate goal by the right is to make this national news,but to use this as a way to paint all abortions as horrific.
In all likelyhood a body count far beyond Newtown. And government policies that basically aided and abetted. Where are all our resident dosomethingers?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #132
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default



Mainstream media outside the Boulder courthouse at Ramsey trial.



Mainstream media outside the Casey Anthony trial.



Mainstream media anxiously awaits the arrival of Carnival's Triumph, the "poop cruise."



Reserved media seats inside the courthouse while Gosnell murder trial is underway.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #133
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Media Coverage and the Gosnell Trial.

Just the facts. Not posters whining about a lack of their "values" being represented in the media, which is what we have going on here.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #134
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Media Coverage and the Gosnell Trial.

Just the facts. Not posters whining about a lack of their "values" being represented in the media, which is what we have going on here.
Not one single story on any national network about the trial. Keep ****ing that chicken, Kip.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #135
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Not one single story on any national network about the trial. Keep ****ing that chicken, Kip.
Apparently you did not read the article.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #136
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Apparently you did not read the article.
Your article is shiat because there is no explanation or excuse for a complete media blackout of a serial killer charged with decapitating newborn infants born alive and viable. None, except that liberals are afraid that a serial killer trial might cast aspersions on their cause.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #137
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Your article is shiat because there is no explanation or excuse for a complete media blackout of a serial killer charged with decapitating newborn infants born alive and viable. None, except that liberals are afraid that a serial killer trial might cast aspersions on their cause.
Right. Just like Harry Reid is afraid that being in favor of an assault weapons ban will get him voted out of office, despite the fact he is not up for re-election for quite some time.

Read the article again and use your brain. As I said earlier, you are crying about it because you feel that your values aren't being represented in the media, despite the fact that there has been stories on this for years and with the grand jury report recently released, more facts to speculate on the issue are now available.

Of course, that just blew by you. Most things in WRP seem to.

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #138
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Says Kirsten Powers in her USA Today op-ed, "Let me state the obvious. This should be front page news. When Rush Limbaugh attacked Sandra Fluke, there was non-stop media hysteria. The venerable NBC Nightly News' Brian Williams intoned, 'A firestorm of outrage from women after a crude tirade from Rush Limbaugh,' as he teased a segment on the brouhaha. Yet, accusations of babies having their heads severed -- a major human rights story if there ever was one -- doesn't make the cut."

Inducing live births and subsequently severing the heads of the babies is indeed a horrific story that merits significant attention. Strange as it seems to say it, however, that understates the case.

For this isn't solely a story about babies having their heads severed, though it is that. It is also a story about a place where, according to the grand jury, women were sent to give birth into toilets; where a doctor casually spread gonorrhea and chlamydiae to unsuspecting women through the reuse of cheap, disposable instruments; an office where a 15-year-old administered anesthesia; an office where former workers admit to playing games when giving patients powerful narcotics; an office where white women were attended to by a doctor and black women were pawned off on clueless untrained staffers. Any single one of those things would itself make for a blockbuster news story. Is it even conceivable that an optometrist who attended to his white patients in a clean office while an intern took care of the black patients in a filthy room wouldn't make national headlines?]


http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...-story/274944/
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #139
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Media Coverage and the Gosnell Trial.

Just the facts. Not posters whining about a lack of their "values" being represented in the media, which is what we have going on here.
Blech.

Quote:
The problem with this line of approach is there is no debate to be had about any of these questions. If one is asking "should abortion clinics be regulated and safe?" then who would possibly answer "No"? As a legal matter, these issues have all be addressed. The state may have failed in its duty to enforce the laws in the Gosnell case, but the laws are there to be enforced and no one thinks they should be taken away.
Really? This Herpderp can't connect this to any of the hotly contested debates about abortion, partial-birth abortion, fetal-viability, born-alive provisions, moment-of-personhood, underage and parental notification restrictions, or basically any restrictions whatsoever on abortion in any form? Every one of these issues is hotly and repeatedly debated. The fact is he says there's nothing to be debated only because there's nothing he wants debated. This is a better implication of his bias than anyone else could have provided.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #140
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Req made a thread a couple of days ago, where he said in a post that he wanted to show his wang to my kids. He deleted the entire thread about ten seconds after saying that. That's the kind of couchsurfer pedophile living-in-granny's-basement life's loser he is.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #141
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
How is this any different than any other form of late term abortion?

what's even worse is that our government funds this kind of bull****......

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/...newborn-babies
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #142
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's also possible that the regulatory agencies are so underfunded (as they are in most states now) that the caseloads for investigators were ridiculously unmanageble.
even if that was a viable excuse, why wouldn't they start investigating the clown that had numerous complaints over 4 decades of practice?

The bottom line is they're state/federal government funded which means they don't give a flying **** about actually doing their jobs, because they'll still get paid......and yet some of you clowns want the government to fund and run our health care.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #143
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I just see a ****storm of major proportions coming out of this case - as there should be. Unfortunately, what often happens is the political and media storms wash away the truth, while the officials and politicians work hard to cover their own asses. At base, this guy is another ****ing Mengele, and the root cause and perpetrator of these heinous crimes. But there are probably a lot of other issues that allowed this murderer to stay in business. One might be race. Another might be his location and the economic class of his patients. Another might be the funding of regulatory agencies and investigator caseloads.

I remember a horrific foster care case in Florida a few years ago where they discovered that caseloads were so bad for social workers, that if it would take them ten years to visit all their cases at twenty a day, no matter how many complaints came in. And the focus of the media attack on that case ended up being the social worker responsible for that foster home on her caseload - not the funding, not the politicians, not the system, not the politics.
Well there is that media bias you liberals always claim doesn't exist......the media was never going to trash an incompetent government funded program


when the government gets involved in ****, it becomes a part of the budget, and sooner or later you run out of other people's money to fund their involvement, and the budget gets cut......

But we still have morons who think there won't be any problems whatsoever funding anything other government intrusion in our lives like affordable health care.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #144
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm sure the Right/Left hysteria will be part of the ****storm that drowns the facts of the case pretty quickly. Like I said.
Well for years we've been told by those on your side of the aisle that making abortion legal would prevent such "back alley" abortions from happening.....


so i guess what i'm trying to say is - "What up wit dat?"
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #145
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
Wow

i really had no idea, but as disgusting as it is, i still dont have a problem with abortion if the baby wouldnt be able to live on its own outside the mother, i would think that that with technological advances tho that age would get lower and lower each year.

im not sure that the abortion show above should be done at any age tho, yikes
Abortion is a very polarizing subject......

Amazing how we have many who point out the low % things like incest and rape and to save the life of the mother.....but when you propose that those exceptions become the only way a woman can have an abortion you're shouted down and called every derogatory name in the book.

the truth is, abortion is just another form of birth control for women who feel their lives will be inconvenienced.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #146
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Over population is the root problem on the planet today but abortion is not the solution.

To women that want to determine what happens to their bodies don't have unprotected sex.
This^

However laying the blame on them is not politically correct, so expect to be blasted when you do....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #147
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
This^

However laying the blame on them is not politically correct, so expect to be blasted when you do....
That's because liberalism is a religion where the central tenet is the abolishment of personal responsibility.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #148
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of abortion being the liberal sacred cow. But I see your point as well.
Exactly.....

many people put forth the argument that abortion should be legal because of the kids who will be born into poverty and end up on the wrong side of the law, etc.....

Well, let's make our stand on abortion retroactive and sever the spines of those who have already become exactly that. If a good reason for legal abortion is to prevent future losers and criminals, then let's abort the current losers and criminals.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #149
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Don't shoot the messenger, but you have to admit that this is a good and interesting point:


Gosnell is precisely the kind of butcher the pro-choice movement opposes. No one endorses bad medicine and unrestricted, unregulated, cowboy surgery like Gosnell practiced what he represents is the kind of back-alley deadly hackery that the anti-choice movement would have as the only possible recourse, if they had their way. If anything, the Gosnell case is an argument for legal abortion.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2...=Google+Reader
But, abortions are legal..... and we were told numerous times that legalizing abortions would prevent this **** from happening.....so please explain why it happened?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #150
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
**** off. Abortion is a legal medical procedure & it will always be.
Says the guy whose mother chose not to abort him.......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DeLay: Illegal immigrants fill jobs that aborted babies can't Spider War, Religion and Politics Thread 7 04-18-2013 09:23 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Denver Broncos