The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #26
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

This is an excerpt straight from the Grand Jury Report:

Pennsylvania is not a third-world country. There were several oversight agencies
that stumbled upon and should have shut down Kermit Gosnell long ago. But none of
them did, not even after Karnamaya Mongar’s death. In the end, Gosnell was only
caught by accident, when police raided his offices to seize evidence of his illegal
prescription selling. Once law enforcement agents went in, they couldn’t help noticing
the disgusting conditions, the dazed patients, the discarded fetuses. That is why the
complete regulatory collapse that occurred here is so inexcusable. It should have taken
only one look.
The first line of defense was the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The 9
department’s job is to audit hospitals and outpatient medical facilities, like Gosnell’s, to
make sure that they follow the rules and provide safe care. The department had contact
with the Women’s Medical Society dating back to 1979, when it first issued approval to
open an abortion clinic. It did not conduct another site review until 1989, ten years later.
Numerous violations were already apparent, but Gosnell got a pass when he promised to
fix them. Site reviews in 1992 and 1993 also noted various violations, but again failed to
ensure they were corrected.
But at least the department had been doing something up to that point, however
ineffectual. After 1993, even that pro forma effort came to an end. Not because of
administrative ennui, although there had been plenty. Instead, the Pennsylvania
Department of Health abruptly decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion
clinics at all. The politics in question were not anti-abortion, but pro. With the change of
administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that
inspections would be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions. Better to leave
clinics to do as they pleased, even though, as Gosnell proved, that meant both women and
babies would pay.
The only exception to this live-and-let-die policy was supposed to be for
complaints dumped directly on the department’s doorstep. Those, at least, would be
investigated. Except that there were complaints about Gosnell, repeatedly. Several
different attorneys, representing women injured by Gosnell, contacted the department. A
doctor from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia hand-delivered a complaint, advising the
department that numerous patients he had referred for abortions came back from Gosnell
with the same venereal disease. The medical examiner of Delaware County informed the 10
department that Gosnell had performed an illegal abortion on a 14-year-old girl carrying
a 30-week-old baby. And the department received official notice that a woman named
Karnamaya Mongar had died at Gosnell’s hands.
Yet not one of these alarm bells – not even Mrs. Mongar’s death – prompted the
department to look at Gosnell or the Women’s Medical Society. Only after the raid
occurred, and the story hit the press, did the department choose to act. Suddenly there
were no administrative, legal, or policy barriers; within weeks an order was issued to
close the clinic. And as this grand jury investigation widened, department officials
“lawyered up,” hiring a high-priced law firm to represent them at taxpayer expense. Had
they spent as much effort on inspection as they did on attorneys, none of this would have
happened to begin with.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #27
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

The good news is we as a species are beginning to lose our ability to procreate.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #28
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,400

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
This is an excerpt straight from the Grand Jury Report:
That is amazingly opinionated for a Grand Jury report. Got a link?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #29
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That is amazingly opinionated for a Grand Jury report. Got a link?
Yeah, I've only posted it twice in this thread now.

Here's the third. http://www.phila.gov/districtattorne...ensMedical.pdf
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #30
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,400

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Yeah, I've only posted it twice in this thread now.

Here's the third. http://www.phila.gov/districtattorne...ensMedical.pdf
Sorry I missed it. Sue me.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #31
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Sorry I missed it. Sue me.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #32
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Where were the Pro Life, abortion clinic bombers?

They kill the docs who perform legal terminations, but ignore this scumbag while he practices his unbelievably evil deeds.

As for the 'system', you're right. It is difficult to get theses rogue Docs put away when his peers protect him.
He violated every imaginable law regulating the practice of abortion in Pennsylvania, even when he aborted fetuses younger than 24 weeks. He was not qualified, his office did not remotely meet required standards, and not a single person who worked for him was licensed in any fashion. There were endless complaints lodged with the appropriate regulatory agencies that were essentially complicit in his murder for cash clinic.

What I don't understand is how he was able to maintain a general medical license. Again, he was not qualified by law to perform abortions... so I don't know how effective suspending his license would have been. It seems as though most complaints to the medical board were never fully investigated or reviewed. It shouldn't have mattered. The entire clinic should have been shut down thirty years ago by the health department.

The reason he got away with it is simple: the sacred cow status of abortion. The only reason he got caught is because of the narcotics raid by the DEA, and the subsequent press coverage.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #33
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,400

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
He violated every imaginable law regulating the practice of abortion in Pennsylvania, even when he aborted fetuses younger than 24 weeks. He was not qualified, his office did not remotely meet required standards, and not a single person who worked for him was licensed in any fashion. There were endless complaints lodged with the appropriate regulatory agencies that were essentially complicit in his murder for cash clinic.

What I don't understand is how he was able to maintain a general medical license. Again, he was not qualified by law to perform abortions... so I don't know how effective suspending his license would have been. It seems as though most complaints to the medical board were never fully investigated or reviewed. It shouldn't have mattered. The entire clinic should have been shut down thirty years ago by the health department.

The reason he got away with it is simple: the sacred cow status of abortion. The only reason he got caught is because of the narcotics raid by the DEA, and the subsequent press coverage.
It's also possible that the regulatory agencies are so underfunded (as they are in most states now) that the caseloads for investigators were ridiculously unmanageble.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #34
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's also possible that the regulatory agencies are so underfunded (as they are in most states now) that the caseloads for investigators were ridiculously unmanageble.
Keep f--king that chicken.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #35
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

The Penn Dept of Health only had the last thirty years of multiple complaints to investigate this asshat. Suddenly they have the funds to shut him down, and hire a legal defense firm to boot. They were well aware of what was going on.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #36
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,400

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Keep f--king that chicken.
Sorry. Didn't realize you had personal involvement in the case. Go ahead and rant on.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #37
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Sorry. Didn't realize you had personal involvement in the case. Go ahead and rant on.
I'm just pointing out exactly what was published in the Grand Jury Report, submitted by the District Attorney of Philadelphia.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #38
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,400

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I just see a ****storm of major proportions coming out of this case - as there should be. Unfortunately, what often happens is the political and media storms wash away the truth, while the officials and politicians work hard to cover their own asses. At base, this guy is another ****ing Mengele, and the root cause and perpetrator of these heinous crimes. But there are probably a lot of other issues that allowed this murderer to stay in business. One might be race. Another might be his location and the economic class of his patients. Another might be the funding of regulatory agencies and investigator caseloads.

I remember a horrific foster care case in Florida a few years ago where they discovered that caseloads were so bad for social workers, that if it would take them ten years to visit all their cases at twenty a day, no matter how many complaints came in. And the focus of the media attack on that case ended up being the social worker responsible for that foster home on her caseload - not the funding, not the politicians, not the system, not the politics. She promptly quit and the media moved on. I doubt anything changed in that case. And after this ****storm passes, and they pick some investigator or case worker to pin this case on, nothing will change either. Call me cynical.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #39
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

If the Doctor in question killed those babies and perforated those hollow organs with an assault rifle, would he have been shut down earlier?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #40
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,400

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
If the Doctor in question killed those babies and perforated those hollow organs with an assault rifle, would he have been shut down earlier?
I'm sure the Right/Left hysteria will be part of the ****storm that drowns the facts of the case pretty quickly. Like I said.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #41
DBruleU
Ring of Famer
 
DBruleU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boulder
Posts: 3,712
Default

This is just unbelievable to read.

Over the years, there were hundreds of “snippings.” Sometimes, if Gosnell was
unavailable, the “snipping” was done by one of his fake doctors, or even by one of the
administrative staff. But all the employees of the Women’s Medical Society knew.
Everyone there acted as if it wasn’t murder at all.
Most of these acts cannot be prosecuted, because Gosnell destroyed the files.
Among the relatively few cases that could be specifically documented, one was Baby
Boy A. His 17-year-old mother was almost 30 weeks pregnant – seven and a half months
– when labor was induced. An employee estimated his birth weight as approaching six
pounds. He was breathing and moving when Dr. Gosnell severed his spine and put the
body in a plastic shoebox for disposal. The doctor joked that this baby was so big he
could “walk me to the bus stop.” Another, Baby Boy B, whose body was found at the
clinic frozen in a one-gallon spring-water bottle, was at least 28 weeks of gestational age
when he was killed. Baby C was moving and breathing for 20 minutes before an
assistant came in and cut the spinal cord, just the way she had seen Gosnell do it so many times.
DBruleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #42
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's also possible that the regulatory agencies are so underfunded (as they are in most states now) that the caseloads for investigators were ridiculously unmanageble.
It's probably a combination of a lot of thing that allow someone like this to slip through the system. Also the remark pretty much everything was a joke, you know I think your pretty smart.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #43
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I just see a ****storm of major proportions coming out of this case - as there should be. Unfortunately, what often happens is the political and media storms wash away the truth, while the officials and politicians work hard to cover their own asses. At base, this guy is another ****ing Mengele, and the root cause and perpetrator of these heinous crimes. But there are probably a lot of other issues that allowed this murderer to stay in business. One might be race. Another might be his location and the economic class of his patients. Another might be the funding of regulatory agencies and investigator caseloads.

I remember a horrific foster care case in Florida a few years ago where they discovered that caseloads were so bad for social workers, that if it would take them ten years to visit all their cases at twenty a day, no matter how many complaints came in. And the focus of the media attack on that case ended up being the social worker responsible for that foster home on her caseload - not the funding, not the politicians, not the system, not the politics. She promptly quit and the media moved on. I doubt anything changed in that case. And after this ****storm passes, and they pick some investigator or case worker to pin this case on, nothing will change either. Call me cynical.
Ah yes...the bureaucrats just arent given enough cash. Thats the problem.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #44
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
I think maybe much like executions need to be shown on tv, maybe we should show abortions on tv, not enough to where people would get desensitized, but enough that anybody who wants to have one would know what its all about.

Ive personally got no idea what all is done in an abortion, so i cant really picture a live baby being killed, i just assumed that they were injected with something and then sucked out. This story puts a picture to the procedure, and its sick.
Here's the legal partial birth abortion that many Americans have tried to get banned because it is done into the third trimester, when the child is viable outside the womb:



In this one, the Abortionist doesnt pith the child, he penetrates its skull with scissors, chops up brain tissue while the child is still alive and fighting death, and then he sucks out the brain tissue with a vacuum.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #45
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Here's the legal partial birth abortion that many Americans have tried to get banned because it is done into the third trimester, when the child is viable outside the womb:



In this one, the Abortionist doesnt pith the child, he penetrates its skull with scissors, chops up brain tissue while the child is still alive and fighting death, and then he sucks out the brain tissue with a vacuum.
Wow

i really had no idea, but as disgusting as it is, i still dont have a problem with abortion if the baby wouldnt be able to live on its own outside the mother, i would think that that with technological advances tho that age would get lower and lower each year.

im not sure that the abortion show above should be done at any age tho, yikes
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #46
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
Wow

i really had no idea, but as disgusting as it is, i still dont have a problem with abortion if the baby wouldnt be able to live on its own outside the mother, i would think that that with technological advances tho that age would get lower and lower each year.

im not sure that the abortion show above should be done at any age tho, yikes
Its pretty sick.

Its the elephant in the room that nobody wants to acknowledge here.

You know that something is bad when the proponents of it try to avoid ever having to look at or talk about it.

Mothers of aborted babies put on display shoes bought in their memory with personal notes attached to the children whose deaths they still mourn:


In the display, a siblings lament is revealed:


More shoes:
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #47
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,400

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Ah yes...the bureaucrats just arent given enough cash. Thats the problem.
Still struggling with the reading skills I see.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #48
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Its pretty sick.

Its the elephant in the room that nobody wants to acknowledge here.

You know that something is bad when the proponents of it try to avoid ever having to look at or talk about it.
I brought up partial birth abortions here a few years ago but some of the sick bastards here still defended it. I guess there is a big difference when the baby is taken all the way out opposed to just enough to get the vaccum in and suck out the brains.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #49
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
I brought up partial birth abortions here a few years ago but some of the sick bastards here still defended it. I guess there is a big difference when the baby is taken all the way out opposed to just enough to get the vaccum in and suck out the brains.
Its horrific.

And its not something that would be done by a just or a benevolent society.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #50
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,400

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Partial birth abortion is murder. By any definition of the term. Any abortion is highly questionable. In cases of rape and incest, the woman can take immediate steps to forestall pregnancy. To me this is one of the main issues I have with the scientific community, including medicine. They take action based on presumptions, not facts. They make a certain presumption about the beginning of life, and then act on it. I assume it's a form of cover for their conscience - "It couldn't have lived outside the womb."

Yeah, well it was living inside the womb until you killed it.

It's like genetic manipulation of food crops. Well, we don't know what the **** we're doing, but we're going to do it anyway on the presumption that we'll be able to deal with whatever comes up.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DeLay: Illegal immigrants fill jobs that aborted babies can't Spider War, Religion and Politics Thread 7 04-18-2013 09:23 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Denver Broncos