The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #351
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
over 90% of performed abortions are because the mother just didn't want a baby. They are elective murderes performed for lazy moms and dads who like to screw but don't want the responsibility of kids. Abortion should be legal for rape, incest, or health of the mother and that is all that makes sense in a civilized society.
Complete BS. We are a civilized nation,they're not murders. You viewing them as murderers doesn't make it so.

Last edited by peacepipe; 04-17-2013 at 01:19 PM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #352
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
College BS. We are a civilized nation,they're not murders. You viewing them as murderers doesn't make it so.
What do you call it, making hamburger?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #353
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
USDA civilized choice.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #354
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Legal medical procedure
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #355
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Thats like someone during slavery saying there is nothing wrong with me beating my slaves and selling off their kids for profit. It's legal and we are a civilized society.

its called using the heart and soul god gave you to decide if something is morally wrong. Any sane person knows in his heart Abortion as birth control is sickening.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #356
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Any sane person knows in his heart Abortion as birth control is sickening.
An unwanted child forced upon the parents isn't?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #357
El Minion
Ring of Famer

REPORT: Fox News Covered Gosnell's 2011 Arrest The Least Of The Three Cable Networks

Conservative media, led by Fox News, are alleging that their "liberal" mainstream counterparts have purposefully ignored the horrific case of Kermit Gosnell, a Philadelphia doctor charged with eight counts of murder for grisly procedures committed under the guise of women's reproductive health. But when news of Gosnell's arrest and the enormity of his alleged crimes first broke in January 2011, Fox News covered the story the least of the three cable networks.

In recent days, Fox has been working to ascribe nefarious motives to the allegation that mainstream outlets have supposedly ignored Gosnell. "The fact that it is not covered I think is easily explained," said Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer on the April 11 edition of Special Report. "It puts the pro-abortion forces in a very bad light."

Gosnell was arrested on January 19, 2011, and the details of the allegations against him were made public that same day. A search* of Media Matters' transcript and video archive (along with Nexis transcripts) from January 19 to January 31, 2011, revealed that among the three major cable news networks, Gosnell's arrest was covered the most by CNN (33 minutes, 24 seconds of coverage), followed by MSNBC (9 minutes, 16 seconds), followed by Fox News (6 minutes, 31 seconds).

Fox News' coverage of Gosnell's arrest was confined to a brief report on the January 20 edition of Special Report, a longer report on the January 21 Special Report, and a January 27 segment on The O'Reilly Factor. MSNBC featured three separate reports on the January 20 edition of Jansing & Co., the January 21 edition of First Look, and the January 23 edition of MSNBC News Live. CNN's coverage was spread across seven segments airing on CNN Newsroom between January 19 and January 25. Re-airings of programs that featured Gosnell coverage were not included in the final tally.

In addition to devoting more time overall to the story, CNN also featured interviews with Philadelphia district attorney Seth Williams, one of Gosnell's former patients, and the relatives of one of Gosnell's alleged victims.

*Keywords searched for include "kermit," "gosnell," "abortion," "murder," "philadelphia," and related terms.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #358
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...when news of Gosnell's arrest and the enormity of his alleged crimes first broke in January 2011, Fox News covered the story the least of the three cable networks...
Well now, what do you know? Like I've been saying all along, the right wing propaganda machine hasn't been covering the issue but instead has been covering the lack of coverage. Which has, in turn, riled up those who lap up the bilge water spewed by said machine. You are what you eat (or drink)!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #359
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Legal medical procedure
Thanks Dr. Mengele. You're a real peach of a person. Representing the liberal agenda with surgical precision and a ruthless efficiency.

You and Gosnell should have a beer together and talk about all the good you've done society.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #360
W*GS
Ring of Famer

If one accepts that we will never be rid of gun misuse, then why believe stopping abortion entirely could work?
Old 04-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #361
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
If one accepts that we will never be rid of gun misuse, then why believe stopping abortion entirely could work?
We will never, ever be rid of the human condition which is ripe with evil tendencies. The left argues for gun control saying it will prevent further deaths. The left then justifies mass murder on a huge scale saying it's freedom of choice.

I have absolutely no respect for any liberal who justifies abortion (56 million alone in the USA since R v W and primarily affecting the poor and the minorities) while at the same time taking away my right to own a gun because some nut case who broke all the existing laws went on a shooting spree. This alone is a huge disconnect that the liberal agenda does not understand.

The hypocrisy of the leftist liberals is extreme and the sad thing is, they are blind to it. Tote the party line, goose step to their agenda, or be labeled a bigot and uneducated. This is the liberal agenda in the USA and it's sad.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #362
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
An unwanted child forced upon the parents isn't?
I know a guy who was essentially abandoned by his parents at an early age. If you were in the same room, I'd dare you to suggest he'd be better off dead.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #363
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I know a guy who was essentially abandoned by his parents at an early age. If you were in the same room, I'd dare you to suggest he'd be better off dead.
Not the same thing, but the rather obvious nature of my comment went way over your head.

What should a couple do when birth control fails and she ends up pregnant, but they're in absolutely no position to properly care for a child?
Old 04-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #364
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
We will never, ever be rid of the human condition which is ripe with evil tendencies. The left argues for gun control saying it will prevent further deaths. The left then justifies mass murder on a huge scale saying it's freedom of choice.

I have absolutely no respect for any liberal who justifies abortion (56 million alone in the USA since R v W and primarily affecting the poor and the minorities) while at the same time taking away my right to own a gun because some nut case who broke all the existing laws went on a shooting spree. This alone is a huge disconnect that the liberal agenda does not understand.

The hypocrisy of the leftist liberals is extreme and the sad thing is, they are blind to it. Tote the party line, goose step to their agenda, or be labeled a bigot and uneducated. This is the liberal agenda in the USA and it's sad.
Women have a right to abortion. What makes your RKBA superior?

If no gun control will ever stop the deaths and injuries from misuse of firearms, why do you think abortion can be stopped? Ideas?

Note that as a male, your views are less credible since you'll never be pregnant.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #365
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Not the same thing, but the rather obvious nature of my comment went way over your head.

What should a couple do when birth control fails and she ends up pregnant, but they're in absolutely no position to properly care for a child?
I guess I should say "The same thing a rancher should do when he finds an endangered species on his property... kill it, bury it, pretend like it never happened"

Your value system baffles me.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #366
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Women have a right to abortion. What makes your RKBA superior?.
Uh, I can possess a firearm without killing anyone?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #367
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Women have a right to abortion. What makes your RKBA superior?

If no gun control will ever stop the deaths and injuries from misuse of firearms, why do you think abortion can be stopped? Ideas?

Note that as a male, your views are less credible since you'll never be pregnant.
As other's have stated, I believe a woman should have a right to an abortion but only in certain cases, not because someone's lifestyle will be affected. Just because two people make a mistake, this does not mean that the third individual should be killed. Sorry, it does not. Name one other instant in a civilized society (supposedly) where you have the right to kill someone else for your mistake.

Abortion should always be the last option. The absolute last possible option, only after ever other option has been exhausted. If the woman insists on abortion even though she has no reasonable argument for the abortion (her life is not in danger) then if she still gets an abortion, the man who got her pregnant should be charged with murder. BINGO, PROBLEM OF ABORTIONS JUST WENT AWAY.

You don't think men would be a hella more responsible if they knew they could be charged with murder if the little lady got an abortion? Also, don't you think the woman will reconsider this abortion and hold the man accountible for this baby too? Furthermore, don't you think the state would be more apt to help both the mother and the father if they were married and agreed to help raise the child?

So many better possibilities exist my friend. We are just too damn lazy to figure them out.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #368
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Uh, I can possess a firearm without killing anyone?
Is a zygote a person?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #369
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I guess I should say "The same thing a rancher should do when he finds an endangered species on his property... kill it, bury it, pretend like it never happened"

Your value system baffles me.
Calling humans an "endangered species" baffles me.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #370
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Is a zygote a person?
Are you suggesting a woman's "right to choose" be limited to zygotes?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #371
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As other's have stated, I believe a woman should have a right to an abortion but only in certain cases, not because someone's lifestyle will be affected.
It's more than a lifestyle. That you dismiss the seriousness of properly raising a child with such a glib remark is telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ
Just because two people make a mistake, this does not mean that the third individual should be killed. Sorry, it does not. Name one other instant in a civilized society (supposedly) where you have the right to kill someone else for your mistake.
At what point is a fertilized egg a "someone"? That very instant?

Quote:
Abortion should always be the last option. The absolute last possible option, only after ever other option has been exhausted. If the woman insists on abortion even though she has no reasonable argument for the abortion (her life is not in danger) then if she still gets an abortion, the man who got her pregnant should be charged with murder. BINGO, PROBLEM OF ABORTIONS JUST WENT AWAY.
Why?

Quote:
So many better possibilities exist my friend. We are just too damn lazy to figure them out.
Abortion may be the least worst. Do you disagree?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #372
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Are you suggesting a woman's "right to choose" be limited to zygotes?
When does a fertilized egg become a person?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #373
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

if abortion was part of the constitution how would u righties feel then?would u defend it ferociously like u do guns?
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #374
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As other's have stated, I believe a woman should have a right to an abortion but only in certain cases, not because someone's lifestyle will be affected. Just because two people make a mistake, this does not mean that the third individual should be killed. Sorry, it does not. Name one other instant in a civilized society (supposedly) where you have the right to kill someone else for your mistake.

You don't think men would be a hella more responsible if they knew they could be charged with murder if the little lady got an abortion? Also, don't you think the woman will reconsider this abortion and hold the man accountible for this baby too? Furthermore, don't you think the state would be more apt to help both the mother and the father if they were married and agreed to help raise the child?

and yet the right wants to cut funding for planned parenthood which provides birth control. baffling.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #375
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
When does a fertilized egg become a person?
Avoiding a question with a question. Where is the line?

Zygote? Embryo? Fetus? Heartbeat? Clear sexual delineation? Viability? Birth? Left the hospital? (aka the Boxer standard) Assigned a Social Security Number? Somewhere in there, choice becomes murder. Tell me where.