The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #301
BroncoBeavis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Stanek

Quote:
Stanek gained initial prominence in 1999 when she testified that, while she worked as a nurse at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois, infants that survived induced labor abortions were abandoned to die in a utility room. These allegations led to a formal investigation by the Illinois Department of Public Health, which stated that the hospital violated no state laws. Shortly thereafter, Advocate Health Care changed its policy on induced labor abortions, barring its use against fetuses with non-lethal developmental issues.

A Christ Hospital spokesman admitted "that between 10 percent and 20 percent of fetuses with genetic defects that are aborted survive for short periods outside the womb."
Old 04-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #302
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's so completely sad how the left is tacitly if not outwardly supporting Gosnell. The left tacitly supports Gosnell by claiming that abortions need to by done in hospitals instead of abortion mills, err, clinics, and this is why Gosnell succeeded in murdering babies for so many years. Yet the same leftists ignore--what was for all intents and purposes--the state sanctioned facility that Gonsell ran, which was basically allowed to operate because the state did nothing to stop it. Win for pro-choice people, congrats! Now these same people what to blame pro-lifers for Gosnell, how pathetic is that?

Fact, a fetus, a baby, is not and never has been the sole and singular creation and property of the women. It takes two people to make a new baby, sperm from a man, and the egg of a woman. This creates a NEW AND UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL. Yes, the mother has the physiological, biological capacity to carry the baby, this is how God designed human beings. But the baby is a unique person and the mother has to realize this and stop with all this stuff about "its my body, therefore my choice." It's another human being within the woman's body and the woman has been blessed by God to carry that baby which is a great responsibility!

The left doesn't want to acknowledge the fetus as a human life. This of course creates a comfortable feeling when justifying the termination of a human life. But make no mistake, this is a human life. The fetus, the baby cannot speak for itself, it cannot defend itself, so we, as a society must speak for the rights of this baby. Otherwise, we have ad hoc state sanctioned murder. The feds fund abortion mills, this is state sanctioned murder IMHO.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #303
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It's so completely sad how the left is tacitly if not outwardly supports Gosnell...
Wow. You are outwardly stupid.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #304
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Wow. You are outwardly stupid.
It's my interpretation, yes. But looking at posts 225, (your posts) 256, 257, 262 and then 296 leaves me scrathing my head. The left is basically blaming pro-lifers for this tragedy. The flip side of this coin (again, IMHO) is that the left would rather sanction abortions, all abortions, rather than realize that the state sanctioned abortion have already failed via Gosnell. Who knows if there's other Gonsells out there right now?

The left will not assume responsibility for the tragic event, even though it's the pro-choice crowd that justifies late term abortions. The left doesn't have the guts to admit that Gosnell served their purposes, but that will change soon enough.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #305
BroncoBeavis

Tiller's murder in Wichita, Kansas?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/us...pagewanted=all

Also front page news in the NYT. Along with another one of those Presidential statements.

The revelation that hundreds are dead right there in their same region? Crickets from the Times. "No Comment" from the White House.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...omment-page-1/
Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #306
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
wow what barbarism. Like i said before if some advanced race from another world was studying us they would see how we treat unborn humans as barbaric.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #307
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Tiller's murder in Wichita, Kansas?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/us...pagewanted=all

Also front page news in the NYT. Along with another one of those Presidential statements.

The revelation that hundreds are dead right there in their same region? Crickets from the Times. "No Comment" from the White House.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...omment-page-1/
Wow you nailed that one. When it suits Obama he makes a comment. When it doesn't suit him he hides behind press secretaries saying he cant comment on an ongoing trial lol. What a two face joke he is.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #308
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Wow you nailed that one. When it suits Obama he makes a comment. When it doesn't suit him he hides behind press secretaries saying he cant comment on an ongoing trial lol. What a two face joke he is.
But he talks rainbows and unicorns as a shield from having to talk about the sluggish economy. I think that's very presidential behavior.

After talking drilling moratorium to stroke his greeny contingent, this year he quietly began auctioning deep water drilling fields off Louisiana.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #309
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You mean like the Trayvon garbage?

Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #310
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You mean like the Trayvon garbage?

Great point of comparison...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...s-disgraceful/

Quote:
President Obama today offered a personal reflection on the tragic shooting the Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, saying the incident requires all Americans to “do some soul searching.”
“When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids,” Obama told reporters when asked about the case during a Rose Garden press conference.
“I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative to investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together – federal, state and local – to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened,” he said.
But now a few hundred babies dead just a couple hours away from his house. "No comment"
Old 04-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #311
nyuk nyuk

I wonder how many of those aborted babies would have looked like Obama's sons??
Old 04-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #312
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Pregnant women are mentally ill and unable to make decisions for themselves?
Nice leap ahead. I was responding to your question regarding whether people at certain points can have the right to decide what to do with their bodies taken from them. It's not a cut and dry question as was suggested by the tone you used
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #313
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Nice leap ahead. I was responding to your question regarding whether people at certain points can have the right to decide what to do with their bodies taken from them. It's not a cut and dry question as was suggested by the tone you used
I was wondering something. Do you personally know any physicians who perform elective abortions in the outpatient clinic setting? If you do, would you consider them to be competent and ethical?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #314
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

No response from Fed. I already knew the answer, but couldn't help entertaing myself when he started throwing out phrases he doesnt understand like "medically indicated late-term abortion."
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #315
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
But that's one of the many great things about America,you still have a choice when you get pregnant.
So you admit they're killing a child?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #316
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes. It is isolated.
And you know this how?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #317
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So, people at certain points can have the right to make decisions about their own bodies taken away from them, eh?
Evidently they can.....

Old 04-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #318
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I heard he even performed them! And was rumored to laugh maniacally whilst doing so!

I guess you know him well.....

[] In 1997, Obama voted in the Illinois Senate against SB 230, a bill designed to prevent partial-birth abortions. In the US Senate, Obama has consistently voted to expand embryonic stem cell research. He has voted against requiring minors who get out-of-state abortions to notify their parents. The National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) gives Obama a 100% score on his pro-choice voting record in the Senate for 2005, 2006, and 2007.

[] On March 30, 2001, Obama was the only Illinois senator who rose to speak against a bill that would have protected babies who survived late term labor-induced abortion.

[] Obama rose to object that if the bill passed, and a nine-month-old fetus survived a late-term labor-induced abortion was deemed to be a person who had a right to live, then the law would "forbid abortions to take place."

[] Obama further explained the equal protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment does not allow somebody to kill a child, so if the law deemed a child who survived a late-term labor-induced abortion had a right to live, "then this would be an anti-abortion statute."
Old 04-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #319
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Fellas, if you don't want an abortion, don't have one.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #320
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Viable, by your own definition is still a fetus that something that requires invasive produces are enormous resources to preserve.

I asked about 24 weeks because that's the generally accepted age before a fetus is considered "viable", and also the legal limit of elective abortions pretty much everywhere (is there a place that allows it after)?

But survival is not impossible before then (21 weeks is the current earliest survival AFAIK).

So what are we talking about? Cases of legal late term elective abortion with a technically viable fetus, or something else?
This baby surviving at 16 weeks. FYI.
http://kdvr.com/2013/04/14/parents-s...ance-decision/
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #321
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Fellas, if you don't want an abortion, don't have one.
Does this apply to guns too?
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #322
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Evidently they can.....

Choice also includes what's within your body. Nice try though.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #323
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Does this apply to guns too?
Just be sure you're responsible with your gun(s).

Do your part to cut down on the ~100,000 deaths and injuries annually from the misuse of guns. You see or know someone who's irresponsible with firearms, say and do something about it.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #324
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Just be sure you're responsible with your gun(s).

Do your part to cut down on the ~100,000 deaths and injuries annually from the misuse of guns. You see or know someone who's irresponsible with firearms, say and do something about it.
Here goes Wags again, lamenting injury numbers on a football board. Hypocrilarious.

BTW, pretty much every one of the millions of abortions performed every year causes 'injury' by definition.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #325
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Choice also includes what's within your body. Nice try though.
Even another human being?